Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Souls ❯ Cat's Outta Da Bag ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We heard the sounds of explosions, coming from an abandoned warehouse near the mall. The civilians panicked and started running around, pushing and shoving each other. The entire place was in chaos as everyone tried to escape the oncoming mobile suits. We managed to survive the stampede, only to face a much larger foe.

"How is it possible?" Noin asked in disbelief. "We destroyed every mobile suit after the Mariemaie incident. There shouldn't be any unless...."

"A secret organization has been manufacturing mobile suits," my pilot filled in. He had a grim look on his face. "This is just like Mariemaie said. Life is an endless waltz. They'll never be satisfied with peace."

"What do you mean by that?" Hilde inquired as the ground beneath us shook.

"There's no time for that," Duo said frantically. "We have to find a way to defeat those."

"This time, we are at a disadvantage," Trowa sighed. "We have no mobile suits to defend ourselves and if we were able to make any, it would be too late."

"What do you suggest we do?" Duo asked the normally quiet gundam pilot.

"We have no choice but to fight," Quatre stepped in. He had a serious and determine look on his face. "Even if we have no mobile suits, we must fight to defend the peace we have fought so long and hard to obtain. I'm not going to let any child grow up in a war torn world. We have to think about the children."

Heero nodded his head. "No child should face these horrors; we did a long time ago. We'll stand up and fight with our bare hands if we have to."

"You don't stand a chance against them without your gundams," I protested. I grabbed onto Heero's arms preventing him from leaving. "We should arm ourselves before we do anything drastic."

My pilot pulled away from me. "We don't have time for weapons. I won't let another innocent child die because of my careless mistake." He turned and walked away from us.

"That's Heero for you," Duo sighed as he ran after them.

I too ran after them, wanting to help, but really I wanted to be my former self, a gundam. After the incident, I thought I couldn't regain my old body or so I thought. Suddenly, I felt something warm spark inside me. This warm feeling spread throughout my body. First my heart and then the rest of my chest, followed by everything else. I remembered everything became small around me and everyone practically screamed. Turning my head down, I found my cockpit door being opened and a certain brown haired pilot stepping inside it.. Wait a second, did I just think cockpit? Since when do humans have cockpits? Oh crap, I didn't do what I think I just did. Yup, I transformed into a gundam.

The pilots of the other mobile suits acknowledged my presence and charged towards us. If they were so eager to die, then I'd be more than happy to arrange it. Before I could move, my body moved by itself, I realized that my pilot had already strapped himself in. I guessed I could always monitor my readings and make maneuvers to keep myself or anyone else from being hurt.

"When we arrive back at headquarters, you have some explaining to do," Heero said, though I don't know if it was a threat or a command. With him, it was hard to tell and I was his gundam.

"I understand," I spoke to him. We turned to face our first opponent, when Death Scythe appeared on my screen. My yami transformed to her gundam self as well. She nodded towards me and then towards our enemies. Apparently she was geared up for a fight.

I quickly made the first mobile suit pilot, regret stepping into one, when I sliced his suit in half. He didn't stand a chance against me in that old suit. They really ought to upgrade the mass produced mobile suits. With even one gundam, a pilot can take on an entire army of them and win. My pilot maneuvered out of the way of a charging Leo. He then used the controls to make me slice that suit in half again.

Out of all the people on this planet, only two people have truly mastered my zero system. Heero was obviously one of them, with Zechs being the other. It took a lot of will power and determination. I hadn't intended on receiving the zero system, but since I've been with it for so long, it had become a part of me. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't have it. This gives me an edge in hand to hand combat in my human form.

Two more mobile suits were instantly blown up as I charged through a group of them. They tried to attack me all at once, but I was quicker than they were. Not to mention, I had a pilot with more experience than all of them put together. Inwardly, I smirked as I saw the last of them retreating. They were probably going to tell their leaders about us. We couldn't have that happening, but then again, everyone could see our battles. It wasn't like we were off in some secret location.

"We don't need any more deaths on our hands," I spoke softly to my pilot. "Let them go. Everyone knows there's gundam here."

Heero gave his usual reply and returned us back to the others, who were waiting patiently for us. I noticed a large black object approaching us at high speeds; then realized it was only Death Scythe and her pilot. I lowered my guard a bit. She landed next to me. A screen with Duo's face popped up in me.

"Hey Heero, you know what's going on?" He inquired my pilot. Confusion was written all over his face.

"I seriously don't know," Heero responded with his ever stoic expression. "Why don't we head back to base and sort this thing out. They could be coming back here with reinforcements. We lucked out, having our gundams here. We shouldn't try and push it."

"I guess you're right," Duo sighed. I guessed he hated being wrong. "We'll have Howard give them a good look over."

"I don't think so," my yami said, threateningly. "That old man isn't touching any part of me, even if I am a gundam."

"Lighten up," Duo sighed again. "You do need to be maintained and repaired. Besides, you didn't mind it before. Why now?"

"Because you can hear me and you actually know I exist," DS huffed. She wouldn't allow him to control her body, until he agreed that he won't allow Howard to touch her. After all, she wasn't damaged during the fight. She was only worn out. I could guess I was pretty much in the same condition as she was.

I wondered how we were going to transform back into our human forms. That will have to wait as we headed back to the Preventers headquarters. We both landed in the docking area, where the shuttles and other planes were kept. The maintenance crew was completely surprised to see two fully functioning gundams land there. The others had arrived later, via the motorized vehicles we took to go to the mall. The girls had brought our purchases with them, as we couldn't get them ourselves.

My darker half stood near the docking platform. The gundam pilots, Lieutenant Noin, Sally Po, Lady Une, Hilde, and Howard gathered in front of us. They all had varying expressions on their faces.

"Why did you tell us?" Sally spoke up.

"Would you have believed us?" DS spoke up. "You would probably think we received a hit to the head or that we're insane."

"She has a point," Duo backed her up. "I mean if someone told me out of the blue that they were a gundam pilot, I would have told that person he or she was insane."

"How did you become real?" Howard asked.

"We don't know," I answered this time. "I was born in the twentieth century AD. I died in a bank robbery. Then I found myself in a gundam. I didn't know it at the time, but Quatre basically created my second body in some sort of sense."

"This is very odd," Quatre mused out loud. "I heard of reincarnation, but this is completely mind blowing. This is the first time I have witnessed or known of anything of this sort."

"I know what you mean," Duo agreed with him. "It's strange to know that my gundam has a human form. Does that mean your gundams have one too?"

"I don't know," Trowa answered. "We haven't seen our gundams in any shape or form."

"I hope I don't end up with a weak gundam," Wufei scowled. If I could only hit him so hard, I'll make him regret ever saying those words.

"It makes you think, what our gundams will look like in their human forms," Quatre thought out loud. "I hope mine doesn't like to kill."

"Could you transform back to your human forms?" Lieutenant Noin inquired.

We both shook our heads answering no. "We don't know how to. This was our first time transforming since our last battle. Nothing like this has ever happened." I supplied the answer, as my yami was currently trying to transform to her human form.

"This can't be good," Duo stated the obvious. "What should we do with them?"

"They'll have to stay here," Lady Une spoke up. "They're too large for their regular rooms and I doubt they can fit through our narrow hallways."

"So it looks like you'll be staying her for tonight," Hilde said. "You don't mind the cold temperature?"

"We have no heat requirements as our body is now made of wires, metal, and other mechanical equipment," DS replied. "We don't have any body heat."

"Good, because I know we don't have a huge blanket for the both of you," Hilde said, trying to make the situation lighter. We were obviously in a very solemn discussion.

My darker half's pilot yawned. "I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to go back to bed."

"This early?" Quatre asked.

"I arrived very late," Duo replied. "Plus I've been working over time to finish this project. Don't even ask what it is, because I'm not telling."

"I won't even bother, knowing you," DS said.

"........ I resent that," her pilot huffed as he trooped back to their bunks.

"Well, this is certainly an interesting development," Lady Une spoke out loud. "Who would have ever guessed that gundams could take on human forms?"

"I wouldn't have," Quatre answered. "Maybe Sandrock, Heavyarms, and Altron are around somewhere."

"Yeah," Wufei agreed with him. "Even though I despise war, I wonder how my gundam would act. I certainly hope it isn't weak."

"Our gundams are certainly not weak," Trowa stepped in before my darker half could do any damage to the pilot. "You should know that by now. We have faced countless of hopeless battles; yet, we have survived this long."

"He has a point," Sally agreed with Trowa. "You guys have survived several battles, where many experienced soldiers have died. You have won, despite overwhelming odds. It's not only the pilot that needs to be in top condition, the gundam must be as well."

"Sally, I'll leave you to deal with this," Lady Une said. She turned to face the door. "I have several reports to make and meetings to attend to. Please, for as long as you can, keep this under tight security. We don't want them to know."

"We understand," Quatre said softly. "We'll try our best."

"And that's all I'm asking for," Lady Une said, exiting the hangar.

"So what do we do now?" Hilde asked, looking between the both of us.

"I need to check up on both gundams," Howard said, stepping closer to us.

"I don't think so," DS replied. She scooted away from him, even though she was in a tight place.

"What's wrong with her?" Quatre asked.

"She doesn't want anyone but her pilot touching her," I replied, with a huge sweatdrop. "DS doesn't trust him."

"I worked on you before and I never heard you complain," Howard protested. He crossed his arms behind his head.

"That's because you didn't know I existed back then," DS replied with a snort. "I didn't want to expose myself so I said nothing. Now that you know I'm here, I don't want you to lay a finger on me or I will do something you'll regret."

"There's no need for fighting," Quatre said, mediating between the two of them. "We have an unknown enemy and only two gundams, though I wish we had all five of them."

"Two is good enough for now," Trowa spoke up. "However, in the future, it would be prudent for us to acquire or construct more mobile suits. We cannot be relying on two gundams to fight an entire army by themselves. The Preventers will require them in the future for combat."

"Which is why we're going to start building them," my pilot said. I had completely forgotten that he stayed behind, as he didn't say anything and stayed in the shadows the entire time. "I still have the old blue prints for the mobile suits in my laptop and gundam, if the memory is still functioning."

"Thanks a lot for the moral support," I said sarcastically. "I feel so much better, knowing that you can rely on me once again."

"You've been in the company of Duo Maxwell for long durations of time," Heero said, noticing the way I have been acting.

"I've only met him today," I said. "It's her that I've been hanging out with." I motioned towards the other gundam and my darker half.

"Now that I think about it, your gundams are opposites of your personality," Quatre thought out loud.

"Perhaps, our gundam will be similar," Trowa said. He shifted his weight around.

"Well, if I'm not needed here, I think I'll go start on those mobile suits," Howard said, heading off towards the maintenance area. "I should be finished within a month or so, depending on how many people I have working with me. I could use either gundams help, in moving the heavier parts."

"I don't mind helping," I said volunteering. "Though, you're going to have a hard time convincing her to, especially if you want to tamper with her mechanics."

"I wouldn't dream of that," Howard laughed nervously. He soon departed us, leaving us with four gundam pilots, Sally, Hilde, and Noin.

"I know Zechs will want a full report on this," Noin said. She shifted around uncomfortably. Her eyes went over to a busy Heero Yuy. "You wouldn't mind if I told him about your gundam, being operational once again."

"I could care less," Heero said in his ever so monotone voice. "Make sure he stays away from my gundam or I won't responsible for my actions."

"I understand," Noin said, leaving the room. Talk about being possessive. Well, I suppose a possessive one was better than a slacker.

"When Duo is finished with his nap, I'll have him come and take a look at you," Sally said, glancing towards Duo's gundam. "Heero, you wouldn't mind checking up on your gundam. We'll need the both of them more than ever now."

"Mission accepted," Heero said his catch phrase. He entered my cockpit and started typing out several commands at once. I could clearly see he was checking the gauges. In the meantime, the other pilots dispersed. Probably, they were going to investigate whether their gundams were still kicking. Sally disappeared from my view. Hilde went to put away her clothes and ours as well.

"Heero?"

"Hn."

"I think I may know where the other gundams are," I said softly. I had blocked our mental connection.

"Where are they?" Heero said, getting straight to the point.

"They're somewhere close by, but I don't know their exact position," I replied calmly. "Like I said, I can only sense them. I can't pinpoint their location. In order to do that, I will have to be in my human form and be able to go around places, without bringing attention to myself. Besides, there are several places a human can go where a large mobile suit can't."

"That would make sense," Heero said, stopping for a moment. "First you'll have to learn how to transform back to your human form. I'll take care of the rest."

"I hardly know you, even though we spent several hours together," I mused out loud.

"I'm not the type of person who opens up easily," Heero said. He returned to typing out several commands. "If you want that sort of person, go to Duo. He doesn't mind listening to himself talk. I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking with you."

"That's not what I'm referring to," I huffed indignantly. "I don't want to know the other pilots. I want to know more about you. It doesn't have to be very personal, like your past or your feelings right now. Maybe what color you like? Or how about your favorite food? You know small talk."

"I have no time for small talk," Heero said, getting a little irritated.

"Always training as usual, it wouldn't kill you to take twenty minutes and spend time with your friends," I said. "Maybe you can spend time training with them, or during your breaks. I know you must rest every once in awhile."

"The other pilots aren't worth my time," Heero said. He finished typing and had moved onto checking my wiring. "They are only my comrades in arms. They mean nothing more to me than that."

"Heero Yuy, keep that up and you'll distance yourself from everybody," I warned him. "Then who will you rely on during times of difficulty. Who will you trust with crucial information or missions? You're not going to stay young forever."

"I age slower than normal humans," Heero replied.

"I know," I spoke softly. "In the past, you have been altered to become the perfect soldier. They altered your metabolism and growth rate. They played god with you."

"I don't care what they did to me so long as I can accomplish the mission," Heero said rather bluntly. "Nothing matters but finishing the mission."

"Boy, they have that certainly drilled into that thick skull of yours," I said. I couldn't move or else my pilot will be sent hurling down towards the cold, hard metal floor. "They warped your mind."

"I was raised to be an instrument of destruction," Heero said, going from one part to another. "They found emotions to be useless and unnecessary. The mission was the top priority, even if it meant killing people."

"I know in war we have to kill people," I sighed out loud. "Still, I don't like it. I rather stop all this violence, but with some people, it's the only way to stop them. They are completely loyal to their superiors and nothing will change their minds, even if you showed them evidence."

"Now you know why I have to complete my mission," Heero said. "I have to stop those people before they kill anyone innocent."

"I know you're still upset about killing that girl," I said. "Everyone makes mistakes. I should know as I have made a few, but that doesn't mean you have to beat yourself up over it. That will do nothing to help the future. I'm not saying that you should forget about her, but at the same time, I'm saying that you should move on."

"A part of me wants to move on, but another part of me wants to hold back," Heero admitted. He moved towards another section of me. "I haven't dealt with emotions and I don't know how to deal with them."

"That makes two of us," I said. "I haven't dealt with my emotions before. I'm still learning how to. Maybe we can learn together."

"That is a possibility."

Well, at least that was better than a flat out rejection. "So what are we going to do for the rest of the afternoon or is it evening?"

"It's evening," Heero said. "It's 18:54. I need to reset your internal clock then. You should be able to know what time and day it is."

"Well, it's not my fault that it resets itself," I huffed. "Anyways, I was wondering if we're going to spend more time together other than missions."

"That depends," Heero said truthfully. "On how much time I have, and if you can transform back to your human form."

"Okay," I replied. "I just wanted to know. Besides I think DS has gone offline. She gets bored easily, when she doesn't have anything to amuse her."

"In some ways, she is like her pilot, but most of the part, she reminds me of me," Heero stated, glancing over in her direction.

"We have a close link to each other," I said out loud.

"What do you mean by that?" Heero inquired.

"It's a long story," I sighed.

"I have the time," Heero assured me.

"Well it started in Ancient Egypt, there was a game, the shadow games," I explained. "These shadow games came with great and terrible power. People were able to control powerful creatures and summon them for duels. Eventually, these duels became out of control and towns began to be destroyed in their wake. A young pharaoh created seven millennium items to seal the shadow games. He sealed his spirit into the millennium puzzle, his sister in the millennium necklace, a tomb robber into the millennium ring, and an unknown spirit into the millennium rod. The millennium eye, the millennium ankh, and the millennium scales have no spirits housed within them. Later on, they were reincarnated and those reincarnations became their hikaris. The ancient spirits are called yamis. My yami is in Death Scythe. Her real name is Lareina, but she'd rather go by DS than her Egyptian name. Yami is the spirit in the millennium puzzle. He held the title of pharaoh and king of games. He was the one who sealed the shadow games and sacrificed himself to do so. He reminds me of you on a certain level. Anyways, Bakura is the spirit from the millennium ring. He used to be a tomb robber and stole from the graves of the pharaoh. We don't know as to why he was sealed within the ring. The last spirit is Ishtar. He's in the millennium rod. As for his origins, it has yet to be determined. The hikaris have all passed away. I think the yamis are still around, but it will be hard locating the seven millennium items. I definitely know Shadi is alive. He's the guardian of all seven millennium items. He holds two millennium items. They are used for judging people. The millennium ankh allows him to see a person soul room. Basically, a soul room is a place where the person keeps his personality, memories, and everything that makes him him or her her. The scales are to judge if a person is worthy. Ryou holds the millennium ring. With the ring, you can take people's souls. Malik holds the millennium rod. It allows him to control other people. The millennium eye can be used to read other people's minds. The millennium necklace can see into the future, past, or present. It is a lot to take in at once, but I'll help you if you don't understand."

"I understand," Heero said finishing the check up. "If someone was to obtain all of these items, will they be able to take over the world?"

"Yes," I replied with a serious tone. "And if they have the Egyptian god cards, they will be unstoppable. Only the pharaoh can control all three of them. Seto has Obelisk the Tormentor. Malik has the dragon of Ra. Yami has the sky dragon of Osiris. They are the most powerful duel monsters in the shadow games, though the Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon are the main duel monsters that Seto and Yami use."

"I see," Heero said.

"Each duel monster has an attack strength and defense," I went on. "Depending on that number and their attribute, the level is higher or lower. A level four or lower can be summoned onto the field without sacrifices. A level five or six requires one sacrifice. A level seven or eight requires two sacrifices. A god card needs three sacrifices. That is the reason why decks don't contain several high level duel monsters. The Dark Magician is level seven and the Blue Eyes White Dragon is eight."

"This is interesting," Heero said, leaning against my metal body.

"Anyways, there are still trap and magic cards to deal with," I said. "You can set up a trap to where you'll kill or cripple your opponent. Magic cards work almost in the same way, except you can't activate them when your opponent attacks unless it is a quick magic. This makes the game more interesting and complicated. Don't forget there are effect and fusion duel monsters."

"Good thing, you didn't tell Duo this," Heero made his first joke. "You will be here the entire night explaining it to him."

"I know," I sighed wistfully. "I hope that the hikaris have been able to survive. I want to be able to see Yugi, Ryou, and Malik again. We were close friends, almost like family, a second family."

"We'll have to wait and see," Heero said. "Do you still have your duel monsters?"

"Yes, I still have my deck if you're wondering," I said.

"What's your main card?"

"It's the Dark Magician," I replied. "My deck consists of mostly dragons and spellcasters. I have a few warriors, like the Celtic Guardian. The dragon I use the most is my Red Eyes Black Dragon with dragon treasure, a magic card. I use the book of the secret arts with my dark magician. I can also summon either the Dark Luster Soldier or Magician of Black Chaos, with the ritual card."

"That's good to know," Heero said. "One of these days, I'll have to see those cards."

"I'll let you see them, but be warned I'm protective of my cards," I informed him. "They're like family to me. I know you'll say they're just paper, but they're the means of summoning real life duel monsters."

"Understood," Heero said.

"You'd better go and eat something before Duo gets to it," I sighed once again. "I know you have to eat as you are completely human, despite your upgrades."

"Hn," Heero said walking away from me.

"I'll talk to you later," I said to his retreating form. Now for some shut down time. I'll need all the strength I can get when I learn how to transform back to my normal self, which I hope was soon. I wanted to get out of the hanger, without having to be very careful about my every step.

Wingzero: O_o Me and Heero?

DS: O_o Me and Duo?

Wingzero: Anyways, tell me which couples you want. Here's the selection, Heero/Duo, Seto/ Arian, Joey/Danni, Heero/Arian, Duo/Danni, Seto/Joey.

DS: Here's the already selected couples: Zechs/Noin, Yami/Yugi, Bakura/Ryou, Ishtar/Malik, Wufei/Sally, Trowa/Quatre.
Duel Monster Names:

Dark Magician: Mirai - Yugi

Dark Magician: Kurai - Arian

Celtic Guardian: Calin - Yugi

Celtic Guardian: Legolas - Arian

Blue Eyes White Dragon: Galain - Yugi

Blue Eyes White Dragon: Drake - Seto

Red Eyes Black Dragon: Draco - Joey

Red Eyes Black Dragon: Lucas - Arian

Dark Luster Soldier: Kanto - Yugi

Dark Luster Soldier: Yuri - Arian

Magician of Black Chaos: Taichi - Yugi

Magician of Black Chaos: Mithrandir - Arian

Wing Weaver: Kitara - Arian

Neo the Magic Swordsman: Kai - Arian

Baby Dragon: Fiery - Joey

Time Wizard: Chronos - Joey

Mystical Elf: Celesia - Yugi

Gaia the Fierce Knight: Gaia - Yugi

Change of Hearts: Duo - Ryou

Silver Fang: Silver - Arian