Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Souls ❯ Girls Day Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: We begin another chapter of Gundam Souls. *takes a look at the reviews* Why isn't anyone reviewing?

DS: *shrugs* Maybe they don't like this fic?

Wingzero: *sighs* Oh well. Here's the third chapter.

Disclaimers: Do I look like I own Gundam Wing or Yu-Gi-Oh?

A week has passed since my yami and I started training. We didn't go to our full potential, because the Gundam pilots were training us. It would be strange for two people, who have no background in mobile suits to all of a sudden become experts. For one thing, they will become suspicious and start following our every movements. Second, I don't want to go back to being a gundam. It was just too lonely.

The other gundam pilots kept in contact with our teachers. Trowa and Quatre were pretty much busy, since they had demanding jobs. It was hard contacting them. Duo, on the other hand, had a busy schedule, but he basically stayed put in his salvage yard. Since he owned the place, he had a more flexible schedule than the other two.

Lady Une and Sally kept checking on us regularly to see how far we have progressed. Sally mentioned that for beginners we were good. She had never seen anyone advance so quickly as we have and managed to keep up with the two gundam pilots. Lady Une instructed the boys to go easy on us. Perhaps, that was the reason why my yami and I excelled. We weren't being challenged by the boys. Then again, if they only knew who they were dealing with, they wouldn't have gone that easy on us.

Today, we had the day off. It was required that we have at least one day off per week. My yami decided to go into town for a bit. She wanted to look for something. I asked her if I could join her, but she said that she wanted to spend some time alone. Respecting her wishes, I remained on base, wandering around. I loved to explore new places, except when we were under attack, but we weren't so I took my time looking around.

On our first training day, they had given us identification cards, which allowed us access to certain room and areas. Since we were students, we were limited to a certain number of areas such as the mess hall, dormitories, level one training area, student lockers, student ammunition area, the recreation room, weight room, and the swimming pool. I used my card to access these areas and stayed away from the areas where I wasn't permitted. I didn't want them to monitor my every movement.

As I rounded the area, I ran into Heero, my pilot. He and Lieutenant Noin were talking about some matter. Since when did she arrive here? I thought she and Zechs were at the Mars project. Why would she be here? The last I heard from them, they were engaged. So where one went, the other one would follow. This couldn't be good, not for me at the least.

"Hi," Heero greeted me when he had noticed me standing there.

"Hi," I answered him back.

My pilot turned towards his companion and formally introduced us. "Noin, this is Arian Motou. She qualified to train with us, gundam pilots. Arian, this is Lieutenant Noin. She will be staying with us."

"Nice to meet you," Noin greeted me as she extended her hand for a friendly handshake.

Should I take it or not? Why not? I reached out and returned her gesture of friendship. "Same here." I didn't know what to say in response so I just said that.

"What brings you here?" Noin asked me. "No offense intended. I thought you would have gone out, since today is your first day off."

"Yeah," I said sheepishly while scratching the back of my head. "I wanted to get to know the area so I decided to explore a bit. After all, I don't want to get lost."

"To true," Noin agreed with my reasoning. "Heero and I were just finished. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. It has been awhile since I had the company of another female."

"Sure," I chirped in return. I have a friend to hang out with, but I hoped she wouldn't bring her fiancé with her. It wasn't that I don't like him; I just wanted to spend time with the girls.

"I'll leave you two alone," Heero waved us off. He walked down the way where I came from.

"If you don't mind, I'll be a moment," Noin said when Heero was out of hearing range. "I would like to change out of this uniform. It's cutting of my circulation when I move."

"I don't mind," I assured her. "Where's your room?"

As we walked towards the dormitories, she told me where her room was. In fact, our rooms were right next to each other. DS's room was on the opposite side of mine. I talked about my older sister and how we had been abandoned by our parents. Noin grew very angry at our parents for leaving us to take care of ourselves. She looked like she was going to kill them, if she ever met them. Good thing, my parents died a long time ago. I told her that DS, my older sister, had taken care of me ever since then. Noin said that I was fortunate to have such a caring sibling. We also talked about her fiancé. They were engaged and planning to have a wedding next year.

"I was thinking about asking Relena to be my maid of honor," Noin said in deep thought as we reached the door to the girl's dormitory.

"I'm sure she would say yes," I said, trying to sound confident. I have met Relena only a few times, but I had this feeling that she wouldn't turn down the offer.

"I know, but she has responsibilities now," Noin sighed. Her hand fumbled for her key card and swiped it in the slot to her door.

Within each dormitory, one level has a main bathroom, where everyone goes to take baths, use the toilet, and brush their teeth. However, in a few rooms, a select few had their own personal bathroom. The gundam pilots had their own bathroom and so did we. DS and I each had our own private wash room. We were glad, because we didn't want anyone to see us.

"Zechs will most likely ask Heero to be his best man," Noin said, entering her room. "Heero is the only one Zechs sees as a worthy rival. It's a wonder how they became best friends, though I think Duo is much closer to Heero than anyone else."

"I know what you're talking about," I sighed loudly as I flopped onto her bed. "Yami and Seto used to go at each other's throats. Seto saw Yami as his only worthy rival until an unexpected event happened. Then they were able to trust each other, but they didn't fall in love with each other. They found their significant others."

"So you know the feeling?" She asked me. She had stopped at the door frame to her bathroom door with her civilian clothes in hand.

"All too well," I sighed deeply.

"What happened to them?" She asked, not knowing she hit a sensitive spot.

"They died," I answered, trying not to cry. It wasn't that I liked them. I missed my friends and family. I missed my home.

"I'm sorry," Noin said before shutting the door to change.

"So who do you think we can get to on our trip?" I asked her. "I know my sister would join us if she was invited."

"I was thinking of asking Hilde to join us," Noin answered through the door. I heard several sounds of clothes rustling followed by a few curses.

"I thought she was with Duo at the salvage place," I said out loud. Even though I haven't heard anything about them getting married or engaged, I knew they were close friends.

"Duo arrived here yesterday," she said through the door. "They arrived late into the night. That's why you didn't see them."

"Oh, that does explain it," I said, shifting my weight around to find a comfortable position. "I don't know who else to ask, other than Dorothy."

"Trust me, you don't want to ask her to come along," Noin said; her voice sounded rather irritated by the thought. Before I could even ask her why, she explained why. "Dorothy is a rather odd woman once you get to know her. She loves the sight of war and killing. Don't ask me why, because I don't know either."

"Kind of reminds me of Bakura and Ishtar," I mused out loud.

"Who are they?" She asked, completely confused over my thoughts.

"Oh, they're people I used to know," I sighed as I sat up on her bed. "They're psychos if yah ask me. Yami and Seto even agree on that."

"I see," Noin said, stepping out of her bathroom fully clothed and ready to go. "Shall we?"

"Sure," I said, while standing up and following her out of her room. I went over to my yami's room and knocked on the door. When I didn't hear a response, I tried contacting her through our mental link.

/DS?/

//Yes, aibou?//

/Where are you?/

//I'm in the weight room. Why?//

/I was wondering if you would like to join me in a girl's day out?/

//Sure. I'll be there in just a moment.//

"I don't think she's in her room," Noin said. She was leaning on the opposite side of the hall.

"Could we wait a few minutes? She might be on her way back."

"I don't see a reason why not," Noin shrugged. "After all, the more the merrier."

We only had to wait a few minutes for my yami to show up. She had on her civilian outfit which consisted of black pants, a white shirt, and a black leather vest. My outfit was white pants, a black shirt, and a white leather vest.

"You two complement each other," Noin blinked her eyes a few times when she saw us together.

"Sometimes we like to wear matching outfits," I giggled at it.

An hour later, we tracked down Hilde. Fortunately for us, Duo was nowhere to be found. I guessed he and the other gundam pilots were off doing whatever guys do. We decided to hit the mall and do some shopping. Now that DS and I had money to spend, we could buy a few items, mainly a couple new outfits. I was kind of getting tired of wearing the same old thing every day. Then again, we had to wear uniforms.

"Let's see what that store has," Hilde pointed out a fashion boutique.

"Sure," I agreed with her. My yami shook her head, indicating she didn't want to go there.

"I don't see a reason why not," Noin stifled a laugh when DS's face grew grim.

"Come on!" I practically dragged my darker half into the store. The others followed giggling. It was good to forget about training and being a soldier. We enjoyed acting like regular citizens, spending an afternoon hanging out with friends.

//Aibou, you know I don't like shopping for clothes.// My yami whined through our mental link.

Of course, I knew she didn't like clothes shopping, but she needed new clothes. /I do know you don't like it. We both need new clothes./

//Fine.// She allowed me to drag her to the women's section of the store.

"Where do we start?" Hilde asked the rest of us, while beaming.

"Let's start over there," I pointed out a clearance rack. They had dresses and other outfits for fifty percent off.

"Not a bad idea," Noin said agreeing with me. We trooped off in that direction and scanned through the selection. "How about this?" She held up a red sleeveless casual dress that went down to her knees.

"Red isn't your color," DS politely informed her.

"I guess you're right," Noin said before holding it up against me. "It looks better on you."

"You think?" I asked the others, in which they all nodded their heads.

This went on four an hour or two. One of us would pick up something and ask for the others' opinion on it. If we found something that we thought looked good on someone else, we would show it to that person. This store had several good outfits and a lot of them were on sale. I don't know why many were discounted. I guessed it had something to do with the rumor about an upcoming war. We even stopped to buy accessories. By the time we were finished, each of us had two bags full of clothes and our checkbooks were considerably lighter.

"That was some good bargain hunting," Noin said thoughtfully as we made our way through a crowded mall.

"You said it," Hilde chirped.

"Where to now?" DS asked the rest of us.

"I know, there's an ice cream shop here," I suggested. The girls immediately agreed to this.

As we headed towards the ice cream shop, people started to become nervous. Why would they be this nervous? We weren't in our uniforms or anything like that. Heck, none of us were carrying any weapons. Well, that was unless you count pepper spray as a weapon. Hilde and Noin carried them when they were off duty, because they didn't want to feel vulnerable. They were used to carrying weapons at all times.

Noin bought mocha ice cream. Hilde chose rocky road. DS decided on chocolate ice cream. She liked plain things. Such a boring person. I picked chocolate chip ice cream, my favorite. We each had chosen a two scoop ice cream in a cone. Hilde, DS, and I were about to pay for our own, when Noin said it was a treat on her. We thanked her for her generosity.

"This has been a fun afternoon," Hilde said in between licks. We were sitting outside the mall, enjoying our ice cream.

"I know," Noin agreed with her. "It's been awhile since I had this much fun with just us girls."

"Men are hard to understand," I sighed as we chatted while eating our ice cream.

"Tell me about it," Hilde rolled her eyes. "I've been dropping Duo hints, but he wasn't picking up on them. Then he told me that he was heterosexually challenged."

DS nearly dropped her ice cream when she found out her pilot was homosexual. "He likes guys?" She couldn't believe her eyes. Through our link, I felt her confusion, worry, and fear.

"Yeah, he said he was interested in someone," Hilde sighed. "He wouldn't tell me who, but I have this feeling it's Heero."

"Now that you mention it, Duo is the only person who could get close to Heero without Heero pushing them away," Noin said thoughtfully.

"That also explains why he felt comfortable around us," I nudged DS. "Remember, he wasn't afraid of touching us, while correcting our technique."

"True," DS couldn't argue against that.

"So I heard Heero and Wufei are training you two," Hilde changed the topic. "How?"

"We applied and were accepted," I answered for us, since my yami was currently busy keeping her ice cream from getting onto her hands.

"I heard the Preventers had a few openings," Hilde said. She shifted her weight around to a comfortable position. "If I would have known, I might have applied for it."

"If you wanted a position, I think I can persuade Zechs to hire you," Noin generously offered.

"That's okay," Hilde assured Noin. "Duo needs me more at the salvage yard, when we return. I don't know why, but Lady Une called all the gundam pilots."

"You mean Trowa and Quatre are here?" I asked, while my yami's eyes widened.

"I thought Heero and Wufei told you," Noin said, completely confused. "They have known about it for a few days."

As soon as our topic turned to the guys, look who showed up. It was all five gundam pilots, wearing their uniforms. They were talking amongst themselves about guy stuff. When they had noticed us, they walked over to our direction.

"What brings you here?" Noin spoke up.

"We have a situation," Heero said, cutting to the chase. Turning towards DS and me, he basically ordered us to leave.

"Why?" I asked him, more like demanded to know.

"Because we have reason to believe………….." My pilot was cut off when suddenly an entire troop of mobile suits emerged from the vacant stores near the building.

"We're under attack!!"

Wingzero: Another chappie finished.

DS: Why aren't you happy?

Wingzero: Because no one is reviewing for this fic, while my others have at least four or five per chappie.

DS: --UUU I see. Well, it's their loss.

Wingzero: --UUU