Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Souls ❯ New Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: I finally received reviews for this one.

Death Scythe: And you thought you wouldn't.

Wingzero: Go figure.

Death Scythe: …………………………

Wingzero: Time to start the fic.

Kai: *holds up a sign reading, "Wingzero does not own Gundam Wing or Yu-Gi-Oh"*

Okay, we were stuck in this new time, with nothing. Basically, we had to start from scratch. Let's see. We both need jobs, because we need money. Unfortunately, we had to be registered or have a background, which neither of us had. They didn't have records from the twenty first century available. If they did, they wouldn't believe us in the first place.

"Where should we start, Aibou?" DS asked me as we walked along the crowded streets.

I could tell we were on earth, because the sky was blue. It wouldn't make much of a difference, but colonies don't have blue skies. They have metal one instead. "We should look in the ads. Someone might be hiring, people like us."

"Do you think so?" DS asked me. She didn't appear to be convinced.

Shrugging I replied, "We'll just have to take a low paying job until we establish ourselves and all that good stuff."

"I can't argue with you there," DS sighed.

"We'll also have to deal with our pilots," I whispered to her. I didn't want to use our connection, because it would look like we were zoning out. Also I wanted to be aware of our surroundings.

"They won't recognize us," my yami assured me. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "We have changed drastically in our appearance. If they were searching for us, they will be looking for two giant mobile suits, not two girls."

"You have a point," I sighed. Not that I have anything against our pilots, but I would rather they not find out, yet. "Speaking of which, how are they doing?"

"My pilot has opened up a junk yard," DS explained. From the way she said it, she didn't approve of her pilot's job. "Trowa has gone back to the circus. I guess he feels more at home there. Wufei has joined the Preventers along with Sally Po. Quatre has returned home and is now running his father's company. If I were him, I would sell it and join the Preventers, but that's just my opinion. As for your pilot, no one has heard from him."

"That makes me even more curious," I mused. We had passed quite a few shops, but none of them were hiring at the moment.

"Curiosity killed the cat," DS teased me. Only around me did she reveal her true self. She didn't mind if others were present.

"Sure," I returned. "We have been killed at least once and look at us."

"Okay," she said. "Enough about that, we have to focus on the present."

We had arrived at a local park. I decided to think things through before we took any further action. Underneath the shade of a tree, both of us sat in silence before I spoke up. "We'll have to hack into the computers."

"You don't know how to," DS informed me. True, if it had been before this incident, I wouldn't have, but my recent pilot has showed me how to hack into computers.

"You haven't met my pilot," I replied smugly. "He's one of the best hackers alive. Well, in my opinion that is."

She gave me a weird look. "We'll have to create new identities for us. I don't know if they have your old records."

"They'll probably dismiss it," I shrugged it off. A few of the young males took notice of us. They were playing soccer when they saw us. When they saw us scanning the area, they did their best footwork. "Men. Just look at them." We both watched the group trying to impress us with their skills. "Anyways, they'll think I'm her descendant."

"I don't see a reason," DS said. She leaned back against the tree.

"How about Danni for you," I suggested. My yami nodded her head.

"That sounds fine," DS answered. "You'll have to think of a new name, too."

"Oh that's right," I recalled. Most people don't go by the name `Wingzero' and the other gundam pilots would be suspicious of me. "How about the name Arian?"

"That sounds fine to me," DS commented. "We'll also need last names."

"Motou?" I suggested. (I couldn't come up with one.)

"After Yugi?" she paused to think.

"Yeah," I replied. "I wondered if he's still around."

"He wouldn't," DS sighed. She immediately sat up and hugged her knees. "Unless he's a spirit, he will have died."

"I bet Yami is still around," I smiled at the thought.

"And Bakura," DS growled slightly.

"Remember he has changed," I reminded her. "By the way, we both need ages."

"You were fourteen when you passed away," DS recalled. She lifted up her head from her knees.

"That would make me fifteen," I said, after thinking it through. I had been awake for a little over a year now.

"And I will be just a around five thousand years old," DS sighed. "But no one would believe me. I guess I'll have to be sixteen or seventeen."

"Be seventeen," I pleaded. I knew she couldn't resist my sad look.

"Fine," she sighed before shaking her head. "I just don't know what to do with you, sometimes."

"Hello," a friendly voice interrupted our conversation. A woman in her early twenties stood next to us. Her blonde hair was in two unusual braids. She wore a Preventer jacket.

"Hi," both of us greeted her.

"Nice day to be in the park," she commented.

"It sure is," DS sighed before returning her attention to me.

"My name is Sally Po," she introduced herself to us.

"I'm Danni and my little sister, Arian," DS introduced the both of us.

"Why so down?" she asked before joining us.

"We require jobs," I answered before my yami could. "We're both in a financial situation." I didn't want to explain it further to a stranger.

"I see," Sally said with a note in the air. "We're looking to hire young people like yourselves. If you past the test, you will begin training with one of our pilots."

"I don't see why not," I said. How hard could this test be? After all we possessed the powers of light and dark.

"It begins in an hour," Sally informed us, rather late. "Sorry for the short announcement."

"It's okay," I assured her, while my yami scowled at her. "We just met so you couldn't tell us in advance."

An hour later, we stood along side the other applicants. We had finished answering a bunch of questions, concerning our skills and abilities. From there, we headed towards one of the training rooms. They had an obstacle course built for the recruiting process. It simulated different scenarios.

/What do you think of this?/

//This should be a piece of cake.//

/Why do I have the feeling you're hiding something./

My yami laughed nervously through our link. //I just remembered Wufei works here.//

/You could have remembered that earlier!!/

//Well, technically I did, but I forgot about it.//

"So how do you think you're going to do?" another person asked me. He seemed kind of nervous.

"I think I'll do fine," I said nonchalantly.

"I wish I could be confident," he sighed. "They're watching us."

"Who?" DS interrupted us.

"Heero and Wufei," he informed us. He inclined his head towards an area. At the tables, different people evaluated our performance. Two of the evaluators were gundam pilots.

"Why would they be here?" I asked, completely caught off guard.

"They were going to be training the top two," he answered. "I wish I could make it."

//This is going to make things a little more interesting.//

/Only you could say that./

With that, we set off to do the physical part of our evaluation. My yami and I were in different groups. While I was doing the obstacle course, she handled the fighting portion. Then our groups exchanged positions. I now fought against a male that appeared to be twice as big as me, but it didn't phase me one bit. Within one minute, I had him out cold.

When we had been gathered, Sally, Heero, and Wufei had an announcement to make. Out of the original amount, half didn't make the cut. My yami and I had definitely made it. In fact, both of us had the best time on the obstacle course. We had proved ourselves in combat.

"We will evaluate your accuracy," Heero said while holding a gun. "Each of you will be given a gun and six bullets. You will have to hit each red circle at least once. There are three total so it gives you two chances to hit each one."

"If you happen to have any trouble with your gun, call one of us," Wufei continued. "You will be evaluated on how accurate you hit each target. Any questions before we get started." He glanced over the small crowd.

Finally, we were holding a gun. Each of us took turns hitting the three dots. Many people were only able to hit one. A few managed to shoot two. My yami and I hit each dot perfectly. We didn't even have to use all six bullets.

/I wonder what they're thinking of us./

//They're thinking we're good.//

/Sheesh. Your ego has inflated./

//I'm just messing with you.//

For our last evaluation, we had to take a test. And I thought I was done with these, but no. They had to use them. It was a good thing, I advanced quickly. When I was shot, I was almost graduating from college, but I guess technology has changed since then. On the other hand, my pilot did show me a lot of things. Well, he didn't intentionally show them. I watched as he worked on them.

Sally had announced the people who made it. Unfortunately, our names weren't on the list. I was positive we had made it. Maybe we bombed the test, since we did well on the gun and physical section of the interview.

/Look like we didn't make it./

//And I thought we would definitely make it.//

/It only goes to show you./

//Yeah, yeah// My yami answered sarcastically.

/I would like to get a job at the local computer or book store./

//That does sound interesting. Why not some of the electronic stores?//

/I can do that./

"Would Arian and Danni Motou step forward," Wufei asked politely.

We both glanced at each other before stepping forward. This was nerve wracking. My pilot stood there. Whether he knew my identity or not evades me. Eventually, he would figure out. He was a smart pilot and a resourceful one too.

"You have placed at the top two," Heero announced. This caught us completely off guard, because we thought we were going to go job hunting.

Okay, this cannot be good. We will be both training with these gundam pilots. Several people gasped at us. They couldn't believe we were chosen out of all of them to train with actual gundam pilots. Some of them envied us, because they weren't chosen.

Later on, all four of us met inside one of the conference room. What did they want? Could they have discovered and wanted to corner us? Wait a second, Duo would know more about DS than any of the other pilots.

"You're wondering why you've been brought here," Heero started. I know he wasn't the most talkative of people. We nodded our heads to answer yes. "Your training will be much more intense than the others."

"I'm sure you have families to go back to," Wufei said. His voice held a hint of sorrow and regret. "But you will be living inside our complex. Only the elite have this privilege."

"What are our duties?" I asked them.

"For now, you will train with us," Heero answered my question. "We will assess your strengths and weaknesses. From there, we should be able to find a position that suites your abilities."

"I see," DS said. "When will our training begin?"

"Two days from now," Wufei replied. He placed in front of each of us a top secret folder. "They're you're instructions. You will move into your rooms today or tomorrow. I suggest you familiarize yourself with our headquarters. Any questions?"

DS and I shook our heads. The two gundam pilots explained to us their policies and everything we needed to know for our first day. We were going to train with my pilot and a fellow gundam pilot. If I had remembered one of them worked here, I would have backed down from her offer. I hope they don't figure out who we were.

Wingzero: Ack! That sounded rushed. Oh well, I placed the necessary information. Don't worry things will become much more interesting now that we have met two gundam pilots.

Death Scythe: Good thing Duo won't make an appearance in the next chappie. ^-^