Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: New Age ❯ Day 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing: New Age

Chapter 3: Day 1

By: Angel BlueFlame

Disclaimer: Gundam Wing does not belong to me. My God, that's depressing...

AN: Konnichiwa!!!! Thank you lady eve, krazy_kitty_katz, and Duo's Girl for reviewing!! I still wanna know who the reviewers faves are and who they think the couples are gonna be. I love the fact I'm getting reviews! I swear, I'm on Cloud Nine!! Well, for those who aren't reviewing, PLEASE REVIEW!!! Enjoy!

Monday, June 11, AC 219

"Well, it's been quite a while, huh?" Relena said in attempt to banish the uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah," Duo agreed.

"We, uh, have a couple of limos waiting outside," Angel began, "If you guys want, we can go now."

"Yeah, sounds great," Rachel said, walking over to Angel. She didn't dwarf Angel, but there was a definite height difference. It was easy to see that a lot had changed between all of the kids over a ten-year period, mostly growing.

So, eleven people went into one limo and eleven in the other. The nine teenagers, Heero, and Duo went in the first, while Relena and the others went in the other limo.

"So, let's get to know each other again," Jordie said cheerfully, "Let's start with you, Angel, since you're the reason we're all here in the first place."

"O...okay. I'm Angel; I'll be sixteen in five days. Uhh...what else do you want to know?" she asked uncertain.

"Are you available?" Duo Jr. asked with a wry smile. That earned him an elbow in the ribs from Diana, a death glare from Heero, blushing from Angel, and snickers from everyone else.

"Excuse the moron," Diana said to Angel, "If his mind isn't in the gutter or in his pants, it's in his stomach. Must be a be a genetic trait though the Maxwell men, or boys."

"No, it's an all out guy thing," Min corrected.

"Yep," Jordie added.

"Hey, we're still here, you know!" Connor wailed. All five of the girls giggled, and continued their guy-bashing, just for the fun of seeing the hurt, surprised, and shocked looks on the guys faces.

"Yeah, guys can be such babies," Diana said.

"Yeah, well at least we don't dress like whores," Li muttered. Everyone stared at him. Both Duos looked like they were about to seriously hurt Li, but, unfortunately for Li, Diana got their first. She got him in the nose first and then started just throwing random punches. It took Connor, Devon, and Heero to pull her off of him. Li had gotten one good lick in before she was pulled off, but that was it. He wound up with a bloody nose, bloody lip, and a black eye, and Diana came out with a bloody lip.

"The next time you refer to me as a whore, I'll break your arm," she growled, as Heero sat her back down in her seat between Rachel and Duo Jr.

"Nice threat, Maxwell. I'm so scared," Li returned sarcastically, after wiping the blood from his face.

"Oh, that was no threat, Chang. That was a promise," she seethed, "And I never break my promises."

"Li, you should really start thinking before opening your mouth. So far, every time you've insulted Diana, she's kicked your sorry ass," Min laughed.

Angel sighed in annoyance. `I really hope things aren't like this the entire week,' she thought.

"Why don't you two just not talk to each other the rest of the week. The rest of us really wanna spend the rest of the week not worrying about the two of you killing each other," Jordie said in a serious tone.

"She's right. This is supposed to be a time to get to know each other, not maim each other," Rachel added.

"Speak for yourselves," Duo Jr. smirked, "I'd like to see him get him get his butt kicked by my sister."

"Shut up, Duo," Diana said in an angry tone.

"Man, is it someone's time of the month, or what?" he said in a whispered voice.

"SHUT UP, DUO!" all the girls yelled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay, these are the apartments you'll being staying in until Friday," Angel explained to the teenagers, "They're each big enough to hold each of your families."

"Well, this is nice," Catherine said as she held her baby son, Luke in her arms.

"So what now?" Connor said for the second time that day.

"Well, we could start by unpacking," Quatre answered, walking in to their apartment. The apartments were well sized. Each of the four had three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room.

"How come Jordie get her own room? That's not fair!" Trevor whined.

"Because, Trev, you, Connor, and Luke are boys, and I'm a girl. Girls are a little different than boys," Jordie explained.

"So! Mommy's a girl and Daddy's a boy, and they sleep in the same bed," Trevor argued.

"Uh," Catherine tried to contain her laughter, "that's a little different, Sweetie."

"How`s it different, Mommy?" Trevor asked. Catherine and Quatre's faces both turned a bold red. Connor took Trevor.

"I'll explain it to you later, okay Trev?" Connor told him.

"Whatever," Trevor replied, walking into the room that he and his brothers would be sharing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Little Haley Maxwell walked next to her sister, "So, you and me are sharing a room?"

"Yep," Diana replied.

"Who am I gonna play with while you're with the big kids?" Haley asked shyly.

"Quatre has a son around your age, and, from what I hear, Angel has a five-year-old cousin," Diana explained, "but he's a boy, too."

"No girls?"

"Nope. Your gonna have to fend for yourself. Little boys play rough, and there are two you're going to have to deal with, but remember what I told you to do if they bother you."

"I will," Haley said. In her arms was her favorite doll, Tammie, but she always calls her Tammie-chan, "but you will play with me sometimes, too, right?"

"Of course, Haley. I'm not going to be with the big kids the whole time we're here," Diana laughed.

"When we get home, are you gonna leave again?" Haley asked in a sad tone. There was silence for a few moments.

"I don't know, Haley," Diana replied.

"Hey shorty!" Duo Jr. laughed as he entered the room; "Do you only speak in questions?"

"Why don't you tell me?" Haley smiled.

"Great," Duo grinned, "just what this family needs, another smart ass."

"Duo, don't swear in front of her," Diana scolded.

"Why does it matter? You cuss all the time," Duo returned.

"Yeah, but never in front of her."

"Don't worry about it. It's not like I'd repeat anything Duo says anyway," Haley said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

"So, what do you plan on doing about Diana?" Min asked her twin. He shrugged. Min walked from her brother's doorway, to her mother, who was holding her baby sister, Meilan, "Do you and Dad have any plans while Li and I are with Angel and them?"

"No," Sally replied, "We don't have anyone to watch Meilan."

Min took Meilan from Sally, "Ya know, I could take her with me, just for one day. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind. How about tomorrow?"

"I don't know, Min," Sally replied, "You know how temperamental she's been lately."

"I think I can handle it, Mom," Min said.

"Okay, tomorrow it is," Sally said, "but I don't think your father will go for it."

"Just ask him. I know for a fact he won't be busy. This is a vacation. You two should enjoy yourselves, too," Min urged.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

"So, how do you like it?" Angel asked Rachel as she walked around the apartment.

"It's very homey," Rachel answered, "So, you're turning sixteen. Aunt Catherine still has that picture from that reunion."

"Yeah, my mom too," Angel laughed.

"My mother died when I was two. I'm surprised I still remember her at all, it's been so long," Rachel said in reminiscent tone. She shook her head a bit and showed Angel a small smile, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't talk about such saddening matters around times that should be used for celebration."

"Why do you talk like that? Are you a poet or something?" the blonde asked curiously.

"More around the ways of song writer. My mother loved to sing. There was this one very old song she sang as a lullaby. I also taught myself how to play the guitar," Rachel smiled again, "One time, Connor, Devon, Jordie, and I performed together for a talent show. Connor played the violin, Devon played drums, and Jordie played piano, which she is very good at. I was the main singer and guitar player. We didn't place, but I'd say we did rather well for only a week of practice."

Angel giggled. "I'd love to hear the four of you play sometime."

Just then, a tall boy with short, platinum blonde hair and crystal-blue eyes walked in to the apartment. Angel sent him a questioning glance.

"Mom sent me here to see everyone," he said answering the unspoken question.

"Okay, Aaron, this is Rachel Barton. Rachel, this is..."

"Aaron Peacecraft. His looks are a dead give-away that he's Milliardo's son," Rachel interrupted. She shook his hand. "It's good to see you again."

"Likewise," he replied. Truth be told, he knew that she was Trowa's daughter. He wasn't the only person whose looks told who he belonged to.

Aaron was eighteen and the oldest of the kids by a year, Duo* being the second oldest.

"So, Aaron, are you in college? I know that you should be well out of high school by now," Rachel inquired.

"Actually, I work with the Preventers," he answered. He obviously didn't want to be here.

<<<<<<<Flashback: fifteen minutes ago<<<<<<

"Mom, I don't want to go," Aaron said to his mother.

Noin was getting a little agitated. "Do you have anything better to do?"

"Actually..."

"And, no, watching TV isn't better," she stopped him, "You take your car and drive over to the apartments where they're staying. No, you don't need money for gas. I happen to know that you have a full tank. Now, go."

Aaron found it useless to argue with his mom about going, so his walked out the door and left.

>>>>>>End of Flashback>>>>>>

"Let's go, Aaron, and welcome the other guests," Angel said. She walked out of the apartment, followed reluctantly by her older cousin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

That night...

Angel crawled into bed after a long day of getting to know her new friends. For the most part, everyone got along...for the most part.

"I can't wait until Friday," she whispered.

Downstairs, Heero was sitting on the couch.

"This is going to be a very long week," he mumbled to himself.

TBC...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

*From now on, I will refer to Duo Jr. as Duo, and Duo Sr. as Duo Sr.

Angel BlueFlame's Notes:

Wanted: Any artist who can/likes to draw. I'm looking for people to draw the characters in this fic. There is already a picture of Diana that was done by Mistress Maxwell (thx, again). I'm mainly looking for group shots of the whole group, just the girls and individual shots. Please E-mail me before you attempt, if you do, so that I know who is drawing my characters and I can give you a detailed description of the character(s) you'll be drawing.

Here's something to amuse you...

An actual conversation I frequently have with my friend, Kitrayne.

Angel: My Shinigami!

Kitrayne: My Shinigami!

Angel: MINE!

Kitrayne: MINE!

Angel: MIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Kitrayne: Well, how can he be yours when he's tied up in my closet?

Angel: ((pauses for a moment)) DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!! ((chases Kitrayne with Kitrayne's katana. How I got it is a mystery to both of us, cuz it's home is at the foot of her bed...))

LoL!

L8r!

~*Angel*~