Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero's Slave ❯ Programming Problems ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Gundam Wing or these characters, but I wish I did. I do own copies of the anime and manga, though…that counts for something…right?
 
Warnings: AU, slightly OOC Heero, mind-control, some violence, language, implied shounen ai if you want it that way.
 
Heero's Slave
 
Chapter 2
 
Heero spent the next few weeks working with Duo, but not on a mission yet. He wanted to make sure everything was as Dr. J had said. And it seemed like it was. Duo retained his own personality and was capable of making decisions normally, but he would do whatever Heero wanted when asked. If Heero were petty and mean, he could make Duo prepare and serve breakfast in bed, rub his feet, do the dishes, etc. But Heero wasn't, so he treated Duo like he treated everyone - with a shrug of indifference. It wasn't until their first mission together that Heero found something he didn't like about Dr. J's conditioning of Duo.
 
Duo had managed to sneak into an OZ base and blow up their Leos, along with some new prototypes. Heero was waiting outside, guarding the exit and Duo's Gundam Deathscythe with his Wing Gundam. Once Duo was back in the cockpit, they started to take off, but were slowed down by mobile dolls that had been sent as backup from another base.
 
The two boys reacted instantly, splitting up and attacking the unmanned suits quickly. Heero took a few out with his laser cannon, then pulled out his beam saber and went to work. Duo's thermal scythe swung with a deadly grace, decapitating some and slicing others in half. But there were too many. The doll's programming caused them to change tactics and focus on one pilot at a time. They chose Heero.
 
If Heero were the kind of guy who expresses his emotions, “Oh, shit!” would have been his first response to the swarm around him. But, being Heero, “hn” is what comes out. He lashes out at the weakest area he can find in the group surrounding him but the dolls react quicker than humans and immediately close the gaps. The Perfect Soldier starts tiring and wearing down. His saber isn't functioning and his laser cannon was shot out of his hand long ago. After an hour of fighting, he gives in.
 
“Get out of here, Duo.”
 
His hands relax on the controls and he closes his eyes. He can see a light getting brighter behind them and has time to think, “I hope it's quick” before his Gundam is slammed with…another Gundam?! He opens his eyes and sees Deathscythe, heavily damaged, in front of him. And inside…on the comm screen he sees Duo's battered and bloody body, his eyes fever-bright.
 
“Are you… OK…buddy?” Duo asks anxiously between painful gasps. He must have broken some ribs…, Heero thinks. “Hn,” Heero, master of conversations says.
 
“Yep…I'm fine, too.” Duo answers. “Now lets get going before more reinforcements come!” Duo says cheerfully, leading the way out.
 
After a few miles, Deathscythe stops. “Duo…” Heero says, then stops. He grabs Deathscythe and drags it back to base. Once there, he gets out of Wing and opens Duo's cockpit. He looks at Duo, passed out and bleeding. His weapon. His friend?!
 
“When I get my hands on Dr. J…”
 
“You'll…what…Heero…Do you want my help?” the braided baka asked.
 
“Go to sleep, baka” he said gently (for Heero).
 
And since Heero was his master in this and all (OK most…) things, he listened and immediately fell into a deep, healing sleep.
 
 
TBC…
 
Please review…It'd make me smile! Smiling authors post quicker…