Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero's Slave ❯ Duo wants a kiss ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Gundam Wing or these characters, but I wish I did. I do own copies of the anime and manga, though…that counts for something…right?
 
Warnings: AU, slightly OOC Heero, mind-control, some violence, language, implied shounen ai if you want it that way. Chapter 5 on: actual shounen ai/yaoi. 1x2.
* Duo POV this chapter *
 
Heero's Slave
 
Chapter 6
 
I guess I kind of loved him from the moment I met him, but it took him a long time to figure it out. I mean…broken ribs hurt. I know that, he knows that…does he honestly think I would nearly die for someone I don't even consider a friend? He's Heero Yuy…of course he does.
 
He really thought that the only reason I saved him was cause of this stupid mind control thing…I mean…I can break out of this whenever I want to. I guess he's too dense to realize it. Extreme emotions let you break free of your conditioning. He could break off from J if he wanted to. I know it - he's got a strong will and that's all you need.
 
Why does he think I'm able to disobey him sometimes when he orders me to do something I really don't want to do? Thank God he's never asked me to take out the lab trash…but I've refused to do other things…
 
OK…so I can't think of anything…but I'm sure I could break free if I really wanted to. The thing is…I don't. I want to do whatever Heero says cause I want to make him happy. If me listening to him and doing what he says makes him happy, then that's what I'll do.
 
I couldn't stand the thought of him dying, though. I don't care if my conditioning caused me to save him. I'm glad that's how they programmed me. If I hadn't been able to save him, I probably would have had to self-destruct anyway. If I hadn't had that conditioning…
 
I would have listened to him when he ordered me to leave…he would have died…even if it went against my programming I think I would have done everything in my power to save him…wouldn't I? Can I really break free of this? Do I really want to? What if they change it? Oh, God…what if they make it so I have to listen to him no matter what? I can't let them! I refuse to let Heero be hurt. I love him…
 
He loves me! He had a bad dream and he was upset…cause I left him…oh, Hell…
 
If I died protecting him…what then? How upset would he be if I died? As upset as I would be if he died? If so…I've gotta make sure we both come out of this war alive. I've gotta protect us both cause that's how I can best protect him. If he dies, I'll be miserable…if I die…he'll be upset, won't he?
 
Was that what that dream was about? Did I…die? Or did I break free of my programming and leave him? Which would upset him more? Maybe I should ask him…later…or now…or later… or…
 
What am I doing? I'm being such a wuss. I'll ask him…now.
 
He told me. In that dream…I died. He was the one who was being controlled. And I died. There was no override. He had to listen to me. Does he understand my fears now? That one day I'll have to obey his orders and watch him die? If not, what do I have to do to make him understand?
 
But he was so cute when he was sleeping…all curled up against me like a kitten. And when he woke up, he blinked (so kawaii!). He didn't punch my lights out or something like I've seen him do with other people who wake him up or are there when he wakes up. He just blinked up at me with the most adorable face in the world….then he hugged me!
 
It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen him do! He hugged me and said, “you didn't leave.” And I nodded and said, “Nope! I stayed here and I'll stay here as long as you want me to!”
 
And ya know what he did? He smiled, yawned (just like a little kid!) and lay back down against me. He fell asleep in my arms. He trusted me completely when I said I'd stay…even so…he grabbed my braid…and wouldn't let go. Ouch!
 
But he's so cute when he sleeps! I couldn't help it…I…stole a kiss. First I just kissed him on the forehead like a mother would kiss her son (I'm guessing here - I never had a mother). Then…I kissed his cheek (downy soft!). Then…I guess my lips have a mind of their own. I kissed him. Like, really kissed him. On the lips. They were soft and warm. Somehow I expected a soldier's lips to be cold and hard like steel, but they weren't. I can't wait to do that again…maybe even when he's awake and can respond…
 
He woke up again several minutes later and realized he'd overslept. He yelled at me for not waking him up. I reminded him that I had. He couldn't remember waking up. Then I told him I thought it would be benficial to the mission if he got more sleep because he didn't get enough sleep due to his nightmares. And I told him that when I'd woken him up, he'd hugged me and promptly went back to sleep.
 
He blushed. I'm in Heaven…
 
 
 
TBC…
 
Please review…it would make me smile! Smiling authors post quicker…
 
I know this chapter is (short and) kinda sappy too, but…it will get into more story line in the next chapter…hopefully… Oh, well…review, tell me what you think, and I hope you liked it!