Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero's Slave ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Gundam Wing or these characters, but I wish I did. I do own copies of the anime and manga, though…that counts for something…right?
 
Warnings: AU, slightly OOC Heero, mind-control, some violence, language, implied shounen ai if you want it that way. Chapter 5 on: actual shounen ai/yaoi. 1x2. This chapter has some sap, but it's part of the plot…
 
Heero's Slave
 
Chapter 5
 
Heero knew he was dreaming again when he realized he couldn't disobey Duo. He decided to just go along with it.
 
Duo ordered him around, telling him to do stupid but simple things like wash the dishes and put out the trash (not the lab trash, thank God!). Heero just followed his orders without question, viewing it as a mission. To his surprise, as soon as he thought of the word “mission,” Duo's laptop beeped. It was a mission, of course.
 
Kind of scared that it was going to be something weird like paint Wufei's Gundam pink, Heero timidly peeked over Duo's shoulder to see what they had to do.
 
“It's just an infiltrate and destroy, Heero! What are you scared about? You're shaking like a leaf!” Duo scoffed.
 
“I was just thinking that it was going to be something…less serious.” Heero replied timidly (well he is a mind slave, after all and his master is making fun of him.)
 
“Why would that make you scared? This is real life, kiddo! We're in a war! You can't expect the mission to be something like…say…paint Wufei's Gundam pink, now can you?”
 
Since that was exactly what Heero had been expecting, he just nodded, head down and didn't say anything. It was no use telling the Duo in his dream that this was just a dream. It wouldn't make any sense, since this was his dream and therefore…oh well. It just wouldn't help anything, so he went along with it.
 
While Duo and Heero were getting ready for the mission, Duo's laptop beeped again.
 
“Not again! What now? It can't be another mission, since we haven't even started this one!” Duo complained, going to his room to check his email in private. When he came back out several minutes later, he seemed subdued and worried.
 
Heero was about to ask what was wrong when Duo's head snapped up and he saw Heero. He smiled a brilliant, toothy smile and Heero decided he had been imagining things. Everything was going to be OK.
 
Duo's POV (in Heero's dream…if that makes sense…)
 
“Shit! 2% chance of survival?! What the Hell kind of mission is this? Oh, well…I'll make sure that Heero gets out alive at least…I won't let him die!” Duo thought after getting the second email, a good-bye from Dr. G, since he wasn't going to live through this mission.
 
Back to normal POV…
 
Heero realized very quickly just how bad the mission was. The possibility of survival had been stated as 95% in the email he saw…he couldn't help wondering if maybe…no. Duo would have told him if something important relating to the mission had been in that second email. He wouldn't just let Heero walk into a no-win mission like this.
 
They battled back to back in their Gundams, slicing and shooting through legions of mobile dolls. It reminded Heero of that mission when Duo got hurt…that's it! He must be having migivings because of the similarities between the two missions. There was no problem except the one he was creating in his mind.
 
With those thoughts, he began fighting with renewed energy, spurring Duo to work harder as well. They worked in harmony, guarding each other's backs and hacking away at the dolls in front of them as well. They shouted warnings to each other and blocked shots meant for the other…everything was going perfectly. Then things changed.
 
All of a sudden, it didn't feel like a dream anymore. Heero could feel the weight of his Gundam's arm, the pull and push of gravity and other forces, and he had to struggle to slice through the enemy suits. A look at Duo revealed that he felt the same, had in fact been feeling it all along.
 
Duo's face was covered in sweat and he had been much quieter than usual during this mission. He looked completely focused and determined, and maybe a little sad. Seeing that slight frown on Duo's face was, for Heero, like a bucket of cold water to the face when you're sleeping. He suddenly realized that Duo didn't expect to get out of this alive, and he felt an intense sadness.
 
So intense was the feeling, that he ordered Duo to leave the battlefield and let him fight it out alone. Duo looked at him like he was crazy.
 
“Shut up! You don't order me around. I order you. And I'm ordering you to leave. You're going to turn around and leave this place. I'll die here, but you'll live. In addition, you're free. No one can tell you what to do anymore. I love you and I want you to live. So go.”
 
Heero shook his head and tried to deny the order, but couldn't. Duo's order to shut up and leave controlled his body completely, and Heero couldn't break free. He left. He couldn't do anything to save Duo. The one he loved.
 
I…love him. That's what that feeling is. I understand now. But why can't I break free? I…isn't there supposed to be an override? He's in mortal danger…he'll die if I don't save him. Why can't I help him? Oh God. There is no override here. He'll die and I can't do anything. Please let me talk Duo. Take back that order. Let me tell you! I love you! I love you too! Don't! Stop! You'll die! Move! Keep moving! Behind you! NNNOOOOO!!!!
 
BOOM
 
“No. Come back. Don't. Stop. You're going to…” Heero mumbled in his sleep.
 
The fact that Heero was actually talking in his sleep worried Duo. He'd never done that before. Duo pulled the cover over his head, trying to ignore it…give Heero his privacy. Then he started tossing and turning…thrashing…moaning in pain…
 
“No! Please! Let me help you!” Heero was starting to get louder…
 
“Come back! Let me talk! Let me tell you! NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!” Heero was screaming, sobbing. Duo couldn't take it anymore. He walked over to Heero's bed and lay down beside him. He held him, shaking him gently, crooning nonsense to get him to wake up. Finally, he stopped screaming, stopped talking, stopped moving. He relaxed into Duo's arms and snuggled deeper. So kawaii! Duo thought.
 
“I love you.” Heero mumbled. “I love you, Duo. Don't leave.”

Duo's heart melted. He looked down at the boy in his arms, the boy he loved.
 
“I love you, too, Hee-chan. Go to sleep. No one will hurt you here. I'll protect you with my life. Always. I love you. Rest easy.” Duo said gently, breathing in the scent of Heero's hair and rocking him carefully.
 
I love him. (Heero thinks, in a dream with a field of flowers.)
 
I love him. (Duo thinks in a dream with children smiling merrily.)
 
I'll protect him…
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Please tell me if you liked…I've decided to finally start writing shonen ai. Hope it wasn't too sappy.
Please review…it would make me smile! Smiling authors post quicker…