Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss Of Life ❯ KIss Of Life ch 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
here. Please read and review please! I had fun writing this, so I hope that you have fun reading it as well...
Two...

Footsteps continued to walk away from them. More voices were heard. 'Did you see anything?'

'No, nothing's down there.'
'Could have sworn I heard someone screaming. I must be working too much lately. Let's get something to eat.'

There went her hope. Her eyes felt heavy, she was losing life. Air. All of the sudden, air came back into her body, her spirit pulling back into herself. As she regained her vision and her composure, her eyes met his eyes.

"Now, Relena. If you'd let me explain everything, I'd be happy to clear things up." Duo's body released hers as it had been one of the things crushing her to the wall moments before. "Listen Relena. Only because you are my best friend, and I want to take no chance in losing you as my best friend, that's why I will tell you this. But... you have to promise before-hand that you will have an open mind for what I will say is a little far fetched. And second, you cannot tell anyone about it. There are only a few people who know. One is Heero, and the other is Hilde. Please promise me..."

"I... I promise that I will believe you and that I will not tell a soul. Whatever it is, I will always be here, and you can count on me." Relena promised. Duo knew Relena enough that if she made a promise, especially to a friend, then she would keep it so help her.

"Alright. Relena, you know how I, and others too, call me the 'God of Death'?" Relena nodded. "Well, it is kinda ironic that I really am... Death. I can do what Death does. If it is someone's 'time' to go', then I help them. I take them away to a better place than this Earth, without war and all of the sorrow. I know that you might see it as killing people, but just like everyone dies, I am one of the people on this Earth that are chosen to escort the deceased to the after life." He looked down for a minute, then back up to Relena, pleading with his eyes for her to believe him and forgive him for going against her cause, even for such a great cause as he was trying to support then.

"Relena, I am not ruthlessly killing people, I escort them off of this planet when they have no place to go. Their lives are over and they have done all the things that they have to do in life before their business is done. It is far fetched, but I have no choice. When I don't do it, people suffer. They stay on this Earth longer than they are meant to and it causes great suffering. That's why my past is so horrible. All those people died and got hurt. I couldn't help it, Relena. I don't want my friends hurt, I don't want you hurt." He stared at her, in her eyes wanting her answer. Wanting her to believe him and his story. Knowing Relena, she would. She knew him, that was why Relena put her hand on Duo's cheek.

"Duo, I believe you. You showed me first hand just now what you can do. When you kissed me to keep me quiet, I felt s if my life force was being pulled out of me, as if I was dying. But you let go, and I live again." She took a deep breath and balanced herself against the wall. "Though I am sure that it will take a while to recover from the experience." Deep breaths.

"It's ok, it won't take much. You see, I have the great powers. I can decided with one touch if I want that touch to be of life, or if I would like it to end their existence." Duo hoped that she would forgive him for this. He stepped closer to her, putting his arm around her small waist and being her closer to him. With a look at her, he pressed his lips to hers. Relena was surprised by the action, but did not stop him. She felt him deepen the kiss, putting his tongue in her mouth as he did before. She felt life flowing into her. The complete opposite of what she felt earlier. He was giving her life, he was sending it pulsing through her. When he pulled away, Relena felt completely regenerated. Even before the first kiss she had felt weary as well, but now everything was perfect, it felt great. Alive again.

"Thank you, Duo. I feel much better." Relena didn't meet his eyes and she had a feeling that he was not gazing at her either. They continued down the hallway, intent on returning to Hilde's room and saying goodbye. It seems that they both had interesting days.

"I wonder where Relena went to? First Duo, now Relena?" Mike said.

"I told you, they wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to us. Relena probably went looking for Duo and got lost or something. Maybe she found him. In any case, Relena is alright. She always is." Hilde said to her husband. She had confidence in her friends. Her husband however was a little worry wart, but she found that trait to be unexplainably cute about him.

End Chapter Two.

How'd you like that one. Next chapter is last. When that one's done, or maybe even now, R&R please. I know I keep pushing, but it helps with lots of things... Tsuyoku