Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Little Angel ❯ Little Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing and am using the characters just for fun...
Pairings: 4x3, 1+2


Little Angel

Quatre watches Trowa sadly as the latter curls up into a little ball on the padded floor of his hospital cell.

A single tear trickles down his left cheek, just at the same time as Trowa's.

But poor Trowa is oblivious to Quatre watching him, for the little blonde is secretly concealed behind a one way window, looking into Trowa's cell with hurt and love in his beautiful blue eyes.

He was locked away, forever. He had caught hold of some new disease on one of his previous missions, and the doctors kept a constant watch on the banged pilot, to see what effects this disease had on him.

The doctors had confirmed that this disease was highly contagious, after a couple of months of feeding on its host, and could be spread by touch. They also discovered that it slowly weakened its victim by draining away the host's life energy.

No one was allowed in Trowa's cell, so the boy was always very lonely.

Quatre hated to see Trowa like this, reduced to a shuddering ball of tears and stifled sobs. He also hated the fact that he was now forever separated from Trowa. He had planned on telling the emerald-eyed boy how he felt, but unfortunately, it turned out to be the day Trowa needed medical attention.

"Maybe it's better this way," Quatre said quietly to himself, his body shuddering with silent sobs. He then looked upward, staring past the ceiling, as he said, "Or are you doing this to me father?"

Trowa coughed violently and Quatre immediately snapped his attention back to the cell, back to Trowa.

Trowa only coughed because of his sad thoughts, trying to stifle a sob, but failed. He, too, was in love, in love with Quatre, but always, for some reason, he felt unworthy of the little Arabian boy. He wanted to tell him this, but he was always afraid, afraid of rejection and heartache, afraid of hurting the fragile Quatre.

Both were thinking of one another, longing for one another, but neither knew it. They were thinking about how it would be; how they would be together, talking, playing like little children, playing duets…the flute and the violin, so different, yet so alike in many ways, just like them.

Poor Trowa shuddered violently. Both boys knew Trowa's end was nearing. He had been in that cell for six months now, and was going insane, due to lack of human interaction.

Quatre decided to give up the second thing he valued most, his eternal life. He approached the one way window. "I don't care what happens to me...just so long as he's safe, for the rest of his life. I only regret leaving him behind, alone like this in the end."

He placed his hands on the glass, pressing the palms against it. He closed his eyes, seemingly in a deep state of thought or concentration.

The glass began to ripple, like still water until you throw a stone in it, and his hands penetrated the glass, meeting the empty space of Trowa's cell.

Trowa was oblivious to this, his eyes closed tightly, images of Quatre dancing in his eyes.

Quatre's body had now completely penetrated the glass barrier, and he stood in Trowa's cell, staring sadly down at the boy.

As Quatre took his first step towards the crying boy, the sound echoed and mimicked his step.

The sound soon found its way to Trowa's ears, who warily opened his eyes and looked up, all the while thinking he had finally gone insane. That is, until Quatre was kneeling beside him, and slowly, hesitantly reached out and caressed his cheek.

As soon as Trowa felt that touch he had been longing for, he bolted up, his back resting against a padded wall, his eyes wide with fear for Quatre's safety, even though he knew it was too late; Quatre surely would have caught the disease by now.

He started to speak, summoning what little energy he had left, to tell Quarter to run, get away from him, but Quatre simply put a finger to Trowa's lips, forcing the latter to close them.

"I won't run away Trowa. Not from you, ever." Quatre paused and smiled at Trowa, a smile full of love. "Don't speak my silent one, just listen. You'll need what energy you have left." He slowly lowered his finger from Trowa's lips. "Trowa, I have a secret that *only* you may know. You can't tell the other guys, even though you think you'll never see them again, but you will, I promise." With that, he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it down, off of his slender shoulders, then throwing it aside.

Trowa could only gape at the sight before him; Quatre had two beautiful angelic wings, which had literally exploded from his back as soon as the shirt was removed from his skin.

A light surrounded both boys, much like the light that Trowa had first seen when the angelic wings were exposed.

Now Trowa finally understood why he always felt unworthy of this little one, this angel.

"Trowa, you must promise not to tell anyone about this. Promise me?"

Trowa nodded, wide-eyed, almost afraid of this angel.

"I love you Trowa, and I wouldn't be able to stand it if you ever left me, especially like this. So I'm doing you this one last favor, Trowa Barton. I'm going to save you, but...I can't save myself."

He quickly leaned to Trowa and pressed a kiss to his lips, a kiss full of love and healing power.

Quatre pulled back and stared at Trowa, who was once again crying.

"I have to say good-bye now, Trowa. I don't know if we'll ever meet again..." he trailed off, unable to be heard as he slowly dissolved before Trowa's eyes.

That one kiss gave Trowa his life back, and at the same time, took Quatre's away. He now had the strength he needed to tell Quatre he loved him before he completely disappeared. But it was too late...

The white light faded, only to be replaced by the cell's bluish shade.

Trowa screamed Quatre's name as he searched the small cell for him, but all Trowa found was Quatre's shirt, lying where the blonde had placed it, to show Trowa his most personal secret.

He grabbed the shirt and clutched it to his chest, once again curling into a ball of tears and sobs.

After thorough sets of tests, the doctors were amazed, amazed at how Trowa had recovered so quickly and unexpectedly.

Trowa never said a word to them about his angel, even when they asked about the shirt Trowa had brought out of the cell with him. "I'll never let this go," Trowa thought to himself.

Duo and Heero came to the hospital to pick up Trowa and him back home, back to Quatre's mansion, back to memories.

"Hey, Tro? Have you seen Quatre lately?" Duo asked, looking down the hospital halls for the blonde.

"Yes. He gave me this." He held the shirt out towards Duo.

"I'm not gonna ask why..." Duo said, not really wanting to know why Trowa had Quatre's shirt. "Where is he then? The little girls' room?"

"I don't know Duo. I wish I did though..."

Duo and Heero gave him a questioning glance, wondering why Trowa had said that in such a worried tone of voice.

They finally came to the conclusion that Wufei must have picked him up, after several hours of searching the hospital halls.

When they go t back to the mansion, however, the little blonde wasn't there, and Wufei hadn't heard from him, not since last night before he left for the hospital to see Trowa.

They frantically searched the house and called the hospital; the hospital hadn't seen or heard from him either.

After about an hour of searching the huge estate, Duo's screech was heard. "GET IN HERE NOW! QUATRE'S..."

Soon, all four boys were standing in Quatre's room, avoiding the blood seeping from the bullet wound in the blonde's head.

"But...How?" Trowa thought in a panic.

Duo motioned for Trowa to come over to Quatre's desk. He summoned everything he had to look away from the horrible sight before him.

On the desk was a note simply saying, "Trowa, read the note in the right front pocket."

"Huh? What's that mean?" Heero asked from across the room as Trowa read it aloud.

Trowa didn't say a word, but bolted out of the little one's room to his own. When he got there, he quickly turned and locked the door.

He pulled a neatly folded letter out of the right front pocket of Quatre's shirt. He opened it in a hurry, not caring right now how it got there.

"Dearest Trowa,

I know you're probably confused about all of this, but don't be too concerned.

After I left you last night, I was brought back here, with only one choice open to me...to die, for revealing my secret, which is a rule that I had to break, to save you. And for my punishment, I had to kill myself, to end my life, as I knew it on Earth.

I love you Trowa, and nothing will ever change that, even in death.

But somehow, I'll find a way for us to be together again. So please, don't go pulling a Heero and try to kill yourself!

Love you always,
Quatre"

To be continued...


On to part 2...