Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Little Angel ❯ Little Angel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Angel

Trowa sat on his bed, frantically re-reading the message. He searched over and over to see if there was another note in Quatre's shirt, but to no avail.

After a few minutes, Duo quietly knocked on Trowa's door.

"Tro? Are you alright?" he asked quietly as he entered.

"Damn Duo and his lock picks," Trowa thought absentmindedly.

Trowa was once again a shuddering ball of tears and sobs, not from pain, but hurt, hurt of not being able to be with Quatre, and no way to save him.

Duo walked over to his bed, resting a hand on Trowa's shoulder. "Trowa, what's wrong with you?!"

Trowa stayed in his ball position, and somehow managed to sit up, his knees to his chest and arms wrapped around his legs, and began to rocks back and forth, his eyes staring ahead of him into nothingness.

Duo couldn't get Trowa to talk, or even look at him. He wasn't getting any kind of response from Trowa. "Heero! Come here quick!"

Heero appeared in the room in less than two seconds, with Wufei following in on Heero heals.

"What?" he asked in monotone, hating to leave his study of the corpse. He looked past Duo and could only gape at the sight of Trowa crying. "What'd you do to him, Duo?"

Duo waved his hands to ward off the approaching Heero. "I didn't do anything! He was like this when I got here!" he screeched, his wildly waving hands had failed and caused the braid to be a target for Heero to grab.

"Then why is he crying, Maxwell?" Wufei asked.

"Well...if you two would listen for more than two seconds...I was trying to say, he was already crying and curled up when I got here!"

"But why?!" both boys yelling in unison, Heero giving emphasis by yanking the braid harshly.

Heero reluctantly released Duo's braid and walked over to the bed to the crying boy. Trowa paid him no mind.

All three boys tried everything they could think of to get Trowa to talk, or even look at them for a split second. They made Duo do the "Chalupa Dance" (1) for crying out loud, and Trowa didn't even bat an eye at the always-hilarious, yet cute, Duo.

Heero had one last idea, and decided it was worth a shot. It had once gotten Relena to shut-up before, so maybe, since Trowa was a Gundam pilot, it would have an opposite affect.

Heero gave Trowa a death glare, pulled his hand back and smacked the crying one as hard as he could, so hard, in fact, that it instantly left a red hand print and a slight raise to the skin of his cheek.

And guess what...I didn't work.

After about two hours of trying to calm Trowa and failing all the while, they gave up and prayed that he would go to sleep, since he cried so much.

But sleep alluded poor Trowa. He knew that if he went to sleep, something important would happen. So he sat on his bed, forcing himself to stay awake.

His muscles had been cramping for a while from the position he had been sitting in, so he unfolded his arms from around his knees, then letting his legs slowly unfold and regain circulation.

Since he was tired, but unable to sleep, he rested his head on his pillows. "I'll just rest my eyes for a while," he thought to himself.

But he didn't know how tired he was. Not even two minutes after he laid his head down; he was out like a burnt out light.

About 2am, Duo walked by Trowa's room to check on him. He looked in and sighed gratefully. "Good! At least he's calmed down enough to go to sleep." With seeing him asleep, he flicked off the light and quietly closed the door.

Duo was exhausted. The three boys (Heero, Duo, and Wufei) had taken Quatre's body and buried it in the rose garden behind the huge estate. "At least he'll be at peace there. I'll tell Tro in the morning," Duo thought to himself as he trudged down the hall to curl up with Heero for the night.

Trowa, being half-conscious when Duo turned off the light, awoke to a strange glow near the window straight ahead of him, where he had been staring earlier.

He though he was just imagining things at first, then he seen the glow had two wings, and a pair of familiar beautiful aqua eyes. "Could it be him?!" Trowa wondered, watching as the glowing angel approached his bed.

The angel hovered at the foot of his bed for a moment, then, as if afraid, walked slowly toward the front of the bed.

It slowly sat down on the edge of his bed, all the while the two beautiful aqua eyes staring at the emerald-eyed boy.

"Is it him? If it is, then why is he acting so shy, so afraid?" he thought, staring back into the shining pools of blue.

Slowly, Trowa spoke the angelic creature's name, "Quatre...?" in a questioning tone. "Is it you? Please! Tell me its you, aijoo?" (2)


(1)The "Chalupa Dance" was made up by yours truly when I was bored, hyper, and seen a Taco Bell Chalupa commercial one night. I'm also known for it at my school.

(2) Aijoo- Japanese for "love"


On to part 3...