Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hurts ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue Love Hurts
Pairings: Heero/Duo
Disclaimer: I do not own this anime/manga, nor the characters from it. They belong to Sundrise and Bandai Entertainment and the creators by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hajime Yatate. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.
WARNING: This is about male/male relationships. Not your cup of tea? Please hit the back key.
 
/ Thoughts /
 
oOoOoOo
 
Yaoi, OOC, AU* The war has ended and everyone goes their separate ways and Relena finally gets what she's always wanted but at what price. Please r & r
 
oOoOoOo
 
The hidden room was dark except for the control panel on the far console that was right below a wall inlaid with computer screens. The longhaired youth flipped a few switches and the monitors and lights flared to life. He motions for his guest to sit in the chair next to him. Neither spoke a word and as if by some form of magic screens flashed different teenaged boys and their powerful weapons of war.
 
The computerized female voice began its mantra of information about the faces and mini clips on each screen beginning with:
 
Pilot 01: Heero Yuy
Gundam: Wing Zero
First Class Assassin and Terrorist
Specialty in Weapons, Hand Combat, Computer Hacking and Strategic Mission Planning
USE EXTREME CAUTION
 
Pilot 02: Duo Maxwell
Gundam: Deathscythe Hell
First Class: Explosive Expert and Terrorist
Specialty in Stealth, Infiltration and Computer Hacking
USE EXTREME CAUTION
 
Pilot 03: Trowa Barton
Gundam: HeavyArms Kai
First Class: Weapons Expert and Terrorist
Specialty in Acrobatic Aerial Assault, Infiltration and Computer Hacking
USE EXTREME CAUTION
 
Pilot 04: Quatre Raberba Winner
Gundam: Sandrock Kai
First Class: Weapons Expert and Terrorist
Specialty in Weapons, Negotiator and Strategic Mission Planning
USE EXTREME CAUTION
 
Pilot 05: Chang WuFei
Gundam: Altron
First Class: Martial Artist and Terrorist
Specialty in Sword Combat, Hand Combat and Weapons
USE EXTREME CAUTION
 
Current Mission Status: On-Call
 
The computer flashed the word on-call in big red letters across each pilot's face. One thing was for certain every one of them was dangerous and was on-call at this very moment, which meant that Duo could up and leave at any given time.
 
The shorthaired man gaped at the second picture. He couldn't believe his eyes, his friend, his band leader was none other than the nortious gundam pilot self proclaimed god of death, but that's not his main concern. No, not by a long shot, he could care less if the guitarist was Treize Khushrenada himself. All he wants to know is why? Why is Duo so hell bent about not going to the Sanc Kingdom.
 
“I know that you have some questions, so go ahead asked me.” Duo said with a little nervousness underlining his voice.
 
“Why don't you want to go to the Sanc Kingdom?”
 
/Damn! How did I know that he was gonna ask me that/
 
He let out a slow breath and spoke softly, “Relena Peacecraft is the reason. She hates me because I'm far below her standard of living.”
 
“What is that supposed to mean? Duo, I don't know if you looked in the papers lately but your ranking up there in Fortune Five Thousand. Aside from your friend there---um Quatre, man you're rich.
 
And there's something else that you're not telling and my guess is it's about your fiancée.”
 
Bingo! The former pilot sat there with violet eyes wide. He could only nod his head.
“Alright, tell me about her?”
 
A light blush crept across Duo's cheeks. He never told any of his band members about his fiancée. None of them understood why he was standoffish when females came around him not that he didn't enjoy the company of women. Hell, if he weren't involved with his blue-eyed suicidal maniac, he'd be right along side with Blaze, Devon, and Steve and screw every female that walked through his front door.
 
He flipped a few more switches and all of the monitors faded to black, “Alright Sean…hold on to your seat `cause Shinigami's `bout to take you for one hell of a ride. Computer, run news file 4640R of AC 197 Chang-Po.”
 
//This is Caryn Weiss reporting live from the ballroom of the world renowned Winner Estate on L4. Shortly after the wedding ceremony and reception of WuFei and Sally Chang, former Gundam pilot Heero Yuy just proposed to his long time secret love Duo Maxwell, also a former Gundam pilot. We have received word by the gentlemen's good friend Quatre Winner, sole heir to the Winner Corporation, that the wedding date for the couple's union is scheduled for the summer of AC 200. Now back you in the studio…//
 
Blink Blink
 
“My goodness Duo that means that you would have been married by now, but what happened?” Sean was floored.
 
“Relena somehow managed to set-up our boss and had Heero shipped out to the Sanc Kingdom as her personal bodyguard all because she calls herself in love with him.” Duo answered with a sour taste in his mouth.
 
“Well, Duo my friend I think in all fairest that if you want your man back, I suggest that you stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your ass in gear.”
 
“I can't. Relena has to release Heero. I'm powerless.”
 
“That's bullshit and you know it! From what I've seen in those clips that you are a very outgoing fun lovable person and the person that I see before me is not him! The only thing that you've been dishin' out are number hits and keeping to yourself.
 
Hell, I'm probably the only one that you actually talk too. Now, we can go to the Sanc Kingdom with a media scandal of why we had to hog tie your ass or you can walk in there under your own will power. The choice is yours.”
 
Violet orbs burned hard into hazel eyes. Duo was torn; he wanted so despressly to see his beloved but could not face the harsh realization of not having enough to give to Heero. After all, he was nothing more than a street brat from the poorest colony known in space.
 
However, no amount of arguing was going to convince the much taller man of not going to the most despised place on the face of the Earth. Duo hated that place with a passion and it seems that one thing was on the brown haired guy's mind; he was going to that winter event whether he liked it or not.
 
oOo TBC oOo
 
Feedback please ^_^
 
Nemesis