Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hurts ❯ What is about him? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

07/28/02
Love Hurts
Chapter 2: What is about him?
Pairings: Heero/Duo
Disclaimer: I do not own this anime/manga, nor the characters from it. They belong to Sundrise and Bandai Entertainment and the creators by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hajime Yatate. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.
WARNING: This is about male/male relationships. Not your cup of tea? Please hit the back key.
 
/thoughts/
 
oOoOoOo
 
After Colony 201
 
The newest music band just finished packing their gear and equipment after their third concert for the day and they still had another concert and a late night talk show interview scheduled for that evening. At the hotel the band members sat in their rooms waiting to leave for their next gig.
 
A knock on the door brought the longhaired youth out of his passive thoughts.
 
“Hey, man, you got another letter from your fiancé,” Sean said.
 
Sean was the lead vocalist of the group. He looked at the bandleader with worrisome hazel eyes. Ever since he joined up with the quiet boy, Sean had a feeling that the young man had some deep rooted problems that shined through with each song that he wrote. Sean knew that it was related to the boy's fiancé.
 
“Thanks, Sean.”
 
“Sure, no problem. Hey, Scythe, whenever you want to talk about it just let me know. I'm a good listener,” Sean reassured.
 
“Yeah, I know but until a certain someone comes to terms with who I am, my fiancée and I can never be together,” Scythe said with sad down cast amaryllis eyes.
 
Without another word Sean left the brooding lead guitarist. Flipping the letter over and ripping into it, Scythe read the much beloved letter.
 
My Dearest Duo,
I hope that you are taking caring of yourself, for I am not there with you to make sure that you are. My nights are lonely without my beautiful Shinigami; and I hope that we will be together soon my love. I am counting the days until I am free to live with you as my husband. Please know that I miss you terribly and that I love you.
 
~Heero
 
Oh, Heero. This should not be happening to us. Especially after all we went through just to make it out of the war alive, Duo thought while tears silently ran their course down his elfin face.
 
oOoOoOo
 
Up-To-Date with Helene Lopez
 
The Audience in the studio was going wild chanting the triple gold and platinum music band name. Four of the five-member band now sits in front of the mad crazed music groupies who waited to hear the latest info. on them. After playing their number hit `It had to be me' the hostess of the show got the ball rolling.
 
Helene: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting live segment of Up-To-Date. Tonight my hot good-looking guests are the newest singing sensation of our time. Please welcome My Tears.
 
The audience goes wild (again). After five minutes of yelling and whistling they settle down.
 
Helene: Well, Let me introduce my guest. (hand shifts to her right) This is Sean Mars, lead vocalist. Next to him is Mark Coleman, as known as Blaze, he's bass guitarist. (hand shifts to her left) This is Steve Coleman, key boardist, Blazes' brother. Next him is Devon Stonehill, drummer.
 
My first question to you Sean and I'm sure that everyone else is dying to know, who is your fifth member?
 
Sean: Um, he's actually the main man behind the five of us getting together. His name is Scythe. Scythe is our lead guitarist. He sometimes does lead vocals but only in the studio when we're recording. Unfortunately, Scythe has not made any guest appearances with us, yet.
 
Helene: Aww that's too bad. We were kinda hoping to see him…
 
oOoOoOo
 
The Sanc Kingdom
 
The longhaired blonde lounged on her four-post queen size bed while watching the live interview with My Tears. Since her annual party was coming, up she had yet to find a band to perform, and they seemed to be the ones who could fit the bill.
 
She needed to do something to get her mind off her current dilemma. Ever since she acquired her new `bodyguard' things were not going as planned. She had thought that once he was living with her, he would be showering her with words of love and passion filled nights, since she had managed to get him away from `him'. However, since he has been living at the estate, he only made himself known when she had public appearances and meetings.
 
Now, as she thought about it he kept her at a distance.
 
oOo Flashback oOo
 
“Heero, why won't you talk to me?” The pampered princess whined.
 
“What would you like for me to say Relena?” came the deadpanned reply.
 
“Anything would be better than you just sitting there in complete silence!” Relena shouted staring a hole into the perfect soldier's back.
 
Heero stopped the rhythmic typing on his laptop to face her. Cold lifeless Prussian orbs sent shivers through her; “You don't want me to say just anything Relena.”
 
“If it's about him then don't'. I'm giving you the life that you deserve. After all, you did bring about world peace. You deserve to be happy.”
 
The ex-gundam pilot shot up out of his chair and quickly closed the gap between them. He grabbed hold of her arms and began to squeeze, “After all I did? Remember Relena, I'm not the only Gundam pilot out there who risked his life for peace.”
 
Heero was gripping her arms tighter as his anger came forth. He knew that if he applied anymore pressure that her arm bones would shatter, and he could give a rat's ass either way, but he had to remain in control.
 
“I deserve to be Happy! What a fucking joke! I gave-up my happiness to work for someone as selfish as you! When will you realize Relena that I don't love you?!”
 
Tears began their descent, “Heero, you're starting to hurt me,” She sobbed out.
 
“Really? Then the next time you decide to come into my room wanting me to `talk', you should think about the consequences of trying to engage me in a conversation.”
 
He abruptly let go and went back to work on the computer.
 
“What is it about him that you like so much?” She whispered, while rubbing her sore arms.
 
Not looking at her he casually tossed over his shoulder, “He's not a fake. He cares about others and put them first before his own needs. That's what I like about him and why I love him. Now, if you will excuse me, I have case reports that need to be sent to the office.”
 
oOo End Flashback oOo
 
Flustered beyond anything as she thought more on the subject, she did make a mess out of Heero's life. Not only did she keep him from the other pilots, the people whom he considered family, she also kept him from the one person who he truly loved.
 
She picked up the phone and began making arrangements for the party.
 
oOo TBC oOo
 
Reviews please ^_^
 
Nemesis