Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hurts ❯ Welcome pilot 02 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

07/31/02
Love Hurts
Chapter 3: Welcome pilot 02
Pairings: Heero/Duo
Disclaimer: I do not own this anime/manga, nor the characters from it. They belong to Sundrise and Bandai Entertainment and the creators by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hajime Yatate. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.
WARNING: This is about male/male relationships. Not your cup of tea? Please hit the back key.
 
oOoOoOo
 
One week later, L4 Colony: Winner Estate
 
Early afternoon lunch was being served to the heir of the Winner fortune and his husband. The petite shorthaired blonde sipped on his cup of tea while sorting through the morning mail.
 
“You would think that people would get tired of sending us junk mail. Man, what a waste of pa-” He stopped suddenly when he came across a light pink envelope from the Sanc Kingdom.
 
The blonde was totally unaware of the concerned look giving off by his mate. “Quatre, what's wrong love?”
 
“I'm not sure Trowa?” Quatre said, while tearing into the letter.
 
It reads:
 
To: Mr. Quatre Winner and Mr. Trowa Barton-Winner,
You are cordially invited to the up-coming Semi-formal Winter Celebration that is being held in the Sanc Kingdom's Royal Grand ballroom.
 
Please RSVP to either my assistant Dorothy Catalonia or myself.
 
Yours Truly,
 
Relena Darlian-Peacecraft
 
The ex-pilots gapped in wonder after reading the invite. Both didn't know what was going, and they didn't like it, something was afoot.
 
“She's up to something Quatre,” the normally quiet boy stated.
 
“Yes, love I agree. She has kept Heero on a tight leash for almost a year,” Quatre spat with distaste.
 
“I'm sure that WuFei has received one as well.”
 
The blonde couldn't resist. “What about Duo?”
 
“I don't know love. After he went on tour we haven't seen or heard much from him since Heero left,” Trowa finally answered. He remembered when Duo toured locally. After the concert Trowa went right out and purchased the group's number one CD. He learned that Duo's music stimulated his wanton husband.
 
Quatre rose from his chair starting toward the master bedroom. “Well, let's get packing.”
 
“You're not serious about going are you?” Trowa said incredulously.
 
“This maybe our only chance to see Heero; and to make sure that he's doing okay; He is still our friend Trowa no matter what happens,” Quatre finished in a hushed tone.
 
“You're right, as always, and I'm sorry. It just makes me upset that two of our closest friends are not able to be happy like us because of some rich girl's fantasy.”
 
Quatre nodded in agreement and continued on his way to ready them for their long trip to the Earth, when strong arms encircled his waist. He glanced up and found himself memorized by passion filled emerald eyes.
 
“We have the rest of the afternoon to pack and besides the servants can help us with that as well. Let's take an early nap instead alright,” Trowa whispered into his love's ear, sending a tremor down the smaller boy's frame. No more words were spoken, as Trowa lead his beloved desert prince to their bedroom.
 
oOoOoOo
 
L1 Colony: Scythe's Estate
 
In the backyard of the prestigious home of Duo Maxwell a.k.a. Scythe, the band members relaxed around the pool during a brief intermission in their hectic concert schedule. Stretched out on one of the deck chairs, the quiet guitarist looked on as his band mates and a few other guests swam and ate.
 
Mingling is what his manager called it, but it was more like having people kiss-up to you because you have a lot of money. Duo snorted at that thought, Ferris, his manager was always having some type of `get together' just like this just so the guys would be able to sow their wild oats.
 
In other words `Scythe is having a party let's invite a few women get them drunk and we can get laid'. Usually, about half way through Duo would excuse himself and retreat into his bedroom and stay there until the party was over.
 
He always wondered how Quatre dealt with all the ins and outs of having money and international fame. Not to mention, political influence with the colony leaders. More importantly, how did Trowa deal with having a husband who was such a figure in the public eye?
 
Now, time seems to just tick in slow motion. Every since that fateful day, Duo couldn't take working with the other pilots without his partner. So he did the next best thing. No one knew that he had a hidden talent for playing the guitar and singing. He called in a few favors and began his music career as the now rich and famous Scythe.
 
Everything was going fine. Duo eventually touched bases with Quatre, Trowa and WuFei. They even went to some of his concerts. Finally, at Quatre's request, Duo had given Trowa and him a private room. He remembered the conversation; “Duo, please for my sake and Trowa's. Please, get us a private suite, room, I DON'T CARE!
 
Duo never figured out why his best friend suddenly went Zero - just the look alone frightened him.
 
They noticed that Duo did not perform vocally which was out of character for the energetic youth, but Duo merely dismissed it as not wanting to hog all the glory. Upon seeing his friends again it did not help Duo with the burning pain that he felt from not having Heero around.
 
To keep his mind from wandering about his beloved he just threw himself into his work. He would do concerts, write songs, one recording session after another, perform at charity benefits, the music awards the whole nine yards, always keeping to the shadows.
 
Never wanting to be in the spotlight, he left that up to Sean and the others. They respected his privacy, not blabbing to the press about the mysterious guitarist only known as Scythe, and for that he was grateful.
 
Duo was jarred out of his musings when Ferris began banging on one of poolside glass tables.
 
“Listen-up everyone! I just received confirmation on our next performance. It will be a week from this coming Saturday-” He was cut off by Sean.
 
“Come-on Ferris just tell us where for crying out loud.” Everyone around him agreed and a lot of head bobbing as well.
 
“We are to perform at the Semi-formal Winter Celebration at the Sanc Kingdom!” he said it with a triumphant smile on his face.
 
“No.”
 
Everyone looked around to see who said that. Thoughts were flying fast around the yard as to why someone wouldn't want the band to go to such an honorary event.
 
“You don't really mean that Scythe?” Sean asked, sitting down on a deck chair next to Duo. Out of all them, Sean was the only member of the group who knew his real name. Not that Duo didn't trust any of the others, but he felt a little more secure with the easy going six foot two vocalist.
 
“I am very serious man. We're not going,” Duo answered, not moving a muscle.
 
“You give me one bloody good reason why and I'll have Ferris cancel the performance. If not, we go, deal?”
 
“Deal, but not out here. Come-on let's go inside.”
 
Sean quietly followed the braided beauty through twists and turns of the vast estate. He didn't know much about Duo except that he had a hard life growing-up on L2 and that he was somehow connected to the war.
 
About five minutes later Sean found himself inside of Duo's library. The room was enormous. It held everything in it from the classical Greeks to present day. How Duo managed to keep all of these books and videotapes in good condition was a complete mystery.

Duo walked over to one the bookshelves. He then proceeded to pull out books until they spelt the word `Gundam'.
 
“Aren't you worried that I'll memorize you pass-code?” Sean asked not really caring one way or the other.
 
“No, not at all. Once someone has seen it, I change the code. Besides, you'll still need two more forms of ID,” Duo commented.
 
Another bookcase slid open to reveal a finely polished smooth black steel door. It looked like steel to Sean, but to five certain individuals they would know it was Gundanium Alloy. Since the color of the door was black, one could only imagine that it was some part of Deathscythe Hell.
 
The braided youth approached the door and placed his hand on the handprint analyzer then looked into the retina scanner. The humanized voice came through the speaker, “Welcome Pilot 02.”
 
The sound of locks tumbling open also a slight hissing noise could be heard from inside the chamber indicating its depressurization. A few seconds later the `steel' door silently swooshed opened.
 
Duo turned to face his friend a smirk playing across his elfin face. “Welcome to the world of Mobil Suits and Gundams.” The pair walked in and the steel door closed behind them, re-setting the locks and repositioning the movable bookcase.
 
oOo TBC oOo
 
A/N: If you forgot please reread the prologue, if you want to know what happened in the secret room ^_~
 
Let me know how you think the story is going
 
Nemesis