Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hurts ❯ Can you forgive me? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Hurts
Chapter 7: Can you forgive me?
Pairings: Heero/Duo
Disclaimer: I do not own this anime/manga, nor the characters from it. They belong to Sundrise and Bandai Entertainment and the creators by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hajime Yatate. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.
WARNING: This is about male/male relationships, if you have a problem with it then don't read.
 
Thoughts
 
oOoOoO
 
Nemesis: Well, everyone this is the last chapter of my third fic. Thank you all again for the fabulous reviews. I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I had fun writing it. Please checkout my other fics I'm sure that you will like them as well.
 
oOoOoO
 
Lunch flew by quickly, the food in Quatre's stomach still floated around and he thought for sure that he would lose it. Matters didn't improve any when Relena pulled him aside to ask questions on the whereabouts of Duo. He knew that Relena was definitely up to something with asking about his friend. His space heart kept doing flip-flops every time he was near her.
 
Trowa and WuFei weren't helping with the situation either. The only thing that they had to do was give a mean death glare, not as good as Heero's but it worked just the same. People wouldn't bother asking them anything, which meant that since he held the most sincere expression out of all them people naturally gravitated toward him.
 
/Oh, Allah what have I done to deserve this type of punishment/ Quatre silently asked while pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes. /Only a couple of hours `til the celebration starts. Please let this work/
 
The ballroom was lit with candle like lights. A chandelier far above the crowd with streamers flowing from one end to the other and well placed pink and white balloons. Everything was bright except for the stage area where the band played especially one unlit corner where Duo normally sat and played. Three of the four Preventers knew who sat there and it was only a matter of time before the fourth team member would know as well.
 
The stage was set the band was already playing. The music was fast then it toned down. They played four songs before the hostess approached the microphone.
 
Dressed in her diplomatic light pink pants suit Relena gave her welcome speech.
 
“Good evening everyone. I am delighted that you all could attend this annual event. As you know we are truly blessed to be able to celebrate now after a difficult time of uniting the colonies and the Earth.
 
Please enjoy yourselves and if any of you feel the need to stay over night please inform Miss Catalonia or myself. Dinner with be served within the hour, and now let me introduce you to our music entertainment for the evening, My Tears!”
 
The princess walked off the stage over to the small group sitting at her reserved table. Again she found herself melting into those hazel eyes.
 
“Good evening Ladies and Gentleman. Our next song was written by Scythe, our unknown Lead guitarist. He wrote this song in a low point in his life when he thought that love didn't love anyone especially him. Its called `Love Hurts'.” Announced the lead singer.
 
If I had my way truly had my way
Our love would never, love would never have died
Was it wrong of me wrong of me to think
That you'll always be here by my side
Girl, I wish you would explain to me why I'm not
I'm not deserving---deserving of your love
I'm filled with pain and so much agony and god how it hurts
So deep--- it's killing me
 
The opening verse took everyone at the table for a loop. The pilots couldn't believe that Duo could write something with so much passion. Quatre grabbed at his heart and almost fainted from the strong emotion, but the next verse was just a strong as the first.
 
Yes, you were my world truly my whole world
And I can never love this way again
Tell me how this mend---mend this broken heart
Find all the pieces and knowing it's the end
I know a man is not suppose to cry but why not
I can't keep holding---holding this inside
If you could feel my pain and agony, girl you would hurt
So deep---'cause it's killing me
 
“Are you alright love?” Trowa whispered into his ear while holding onto him.
 
“It's Scythe” Duo told them in his room to call him by his stage name because he didn't want Relena to know that he was here.
 
“What about him?”
 
“He's hurting. Listen to the music. No wonder that he keeps himself hidden.” Trowa was little confused but was beginning to understand his lover's point. Every song that the band produced and put out was a number one hit and this was just the tip of the iceberg.
 
The end of the song was equally dramatic.
 
I tell you love don't love no body
Baby when you really think about it
`Cause very chance we take a heart could break
Maybe that's the chance we have to take
Tell me do love hurts
Love is never easy it can take control of you completely
But if I had my way love would stay maybe I would
Never feel this pain…
 
The next round was over. The guests clapped and cheered for the song and wanted more. The band continued on until dinner was served. During the brief intermission Relena went to talk with Sean.
 
“Have you notice how Relena's been acting?” WuFei mention as he leaned over to give his wife a kiss.
 
“Now, that I think about it yes. She has been acting weird.” Dorothy commented.
 
“I wonder if it has anything to do with him?” Quatre said.
 
Trowa and Heero said nothing, typical.
 
All eyes were glued to the bands' table minus Duo of coarse. The evening went pretty the much the same. The band played a few songs people would dance. Some political dignitary would make a speech. Blah, blah, blah, how boring. Quatre was on a roller coaster ride with each song that the band played.
 
His emotions were going through the roof. At one point he dragged Trowa out of the ballroom to the nearest restroom and ravished him, poor Trowa. Quatre tried turning off his senses but the raw emotions from both the song and Duo just made it damn near impossible. He thought that he was going to die just from the state of arousal that he was in from listen to the sex induced music.
 
Finally, the last song of the evening WuFei, Heero, Sally, and Dorothy didn't know who they felt sorry for more. Quatre for enduring the emotional stress of not being able to release himself; or Trowa for who they knew for sure was going to get the short end of all of his husband's sexual frustration as soon as they hit their room.
 
Sean stepped away from the microphone panting from the last song. While he was adjusting his headset the lights around the ballroom dimmed a little. Some movement could be seen as a figure moved to stand in front of the center microphone.
 
The spotlight was still on Sean who took his position in the once darken corner holding a bell.
 
“Ladies and Gentleman and honored guests. For our last song for you this evening will be performed by the allusive. . .Scythe.”
 
Gasped and whispering were heard throughout the room. They couldn't believe it. The mysterious guitarist was going reveal the man behind the music here, tonight, right now.
 
“Please welcome. . .Scythe and his debut song `Missing'.”
 
The all the lights turned down on the stage. Everyone was quiet then the first spotlights appeared. It all happened at once the bell, the bass guitar, and a chestnut braid.
 
I step off the train, I'm walking down your street again
And I past your door, but you don't live there any more.
It's years since you've been there. Now you've disappeared
Somewhere like outer space, you've found some better place, and
I miss you-
 
Heero's head snapped up. That voice. He thought that he was dreaming until the lead guitar joined with the drums for the chorus of the song.
 
Like the desserts miss the rain
And I miss you, oh---like the desserts
Miss the rain…
 
The others looked on as the singer picked away at the strings of his instrument. Aside from Trowa, Quatre and WuFei, the others never knew that Duo could play such an instrument let alone sing. His voice was a heavenly mixture of a soft alto and high tenor, but key points of the song he kept it at the soft alto end, also giving his voice a feminine quality sound.
 
The group at the table missed nothing. Relena was shocked beyond repair, as was Heero, who immediately stood. He carefully watched the rhythmic movements of the singer when the second verse was sung.
 
Could you be dead? You always were two steps ahead
Of everyone. We'd walk behind while you would run.
I look up at your house, and I can almost hear you
Shout down to me where I always used to be, and
I miss you-
 
The soldier came forth with murder was in his eyes. He couldn't believe that his employer would do such a thing as to invite his fiancée here without his knowledge.
 
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you…
Like the deserts miss the rain
 
“You knew!” He turned his venom gaze to his employer.
 
“Heero, I-I didn't---” Relena couldn't answer fast enough she was already staring down the barrel of his gun.
 
Quatre stood between them. “Don't Heero---She didn't know.”
 
Then WuFei joined in at her defense. “Winner's right Yuy. Maxwell didn't want you to know that he was here.”
 
Back on the train, I ask why did I come again?
Can I confess I've been hanging around your old
Address? And the years have proved to offer nothing
Since you moved. You're long gone but I can't move on,
And I miss you-
 
The soldier's mind went into overtime. He's had it with the princess, the rich life, the parties, the meetings. He missed working along side his friends. He missed the adrenaline rush from bullets and gun smoke of the missions, but most of all he missed Duo.
 
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you---yea
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you…
 
He turned his attention back to the stage when the music died down except for the lovely voice and enchanting violet eyes. He knew that he was out among the throng of people. This song told him as much.
 
I step off the train, I'm walking down your street again,
And I past your door, I guess you don't live there any more.
It's years since you've been there and now you've disappeared
Somewhere like outer space, you've found some better place, and
I miss you---yea-ah
And I miss you-
 
“I quit Relena.”
 
“I know.” He turned back to her after her simple answer.
 
“I'm sorry for every thing that I've done. I know now that it was wrong of me to keep you two apart. Can you forgive me Heero?”
 
The soldier said nothing. He stalked away from them and went up to the stage. The change was immediate the braided singer smiled for the first time in a year.
 
You found some better place
And I miss you…
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you---yea
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you…
 
The song faded out and the lights were turned up. Sean stepped up to the front. “Lead guitarist, Scythe. On drums Devon Stonehill, on key broads Steve Coleman and on bass guitar, Blaze.”
 
“And yours truly as lead vocalist Sean Mars.” Duo said as the crowd of guests continued to applaud. He took off his guitar and placed it on its' stand and hopped off the stage.
 
“Shhh, I can't feel what's going if you guys don't quiet down!” Quatre almost screamed. This was the moment that they all were waiting for. The team of five was almost reunited.
 
Closing the gap between them, Heero grabbed Duo hand, as if they were never apart.
 
“Duo.”
 
He placed two fingers on Heero's mouth to cut off anything else the youth was going to say. Tears glistened off his elfin face and merely whispered, “I've missed you.”
 
Heero pulled Duo into a hug and kiss him tenderly on the lips. Shouts and cats calls could be heard through out the dining hall as the two souls joined once again.
 
“Finally, something worth celebrating about.” Relena said smiling knowing that the scythe and the soldier are together.
 
oOo owari oOo
 
My first song fic tell me what you think. Feedback please.
Lyrics: Love Hurts by Ralph Tresvant and Missing by Everything But the Girl.
Nemesis