Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love in the Basement ❯ Pt. 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Love in the Basement pt. 15/15

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 2X1, and a little 3X4 and 5XS

Warnings: Heero will probably be a little OOC.

Disclaimer: I don't own GW

EPILOGUE:

Five years later.

It only took Heero a year to catch up to people his age. He decided to enroll into college to get a college degree. That same year Duo graduated from college and got a job as a director at the local radio station. Heero and Duo bought an apartment near the college so Heero could walk to school and back. The apartment was a lot like what Trowa's and Quatre's had been. Quatre took over Winner Industries and business was booming more than when his father owned it. Trowa was the director of a zoo, which happened to be near where Quatre worked. They were still together the last time Duo had checked. Wufei and Sally had married. Sally went on to medical school while Wufei went to law school. The two schools are in different places but the long distance relationship seems to be working for them.

For Heero, it had been a wonderful five years with Duo and tomorrow was graduation day. He had worked very hard and had gotten a degree in Child Psychology. He wanted to help kids who were abandoned just like him. Duo was extremely proud of Heero and his accomplishments.

Heero was home cooking dinner when Duo got home from work. Quatre had taught Heero how to cook. Heero loved cooking and cooked for Duo whenever he had the chance. Duo came in to the living room and put his briefcase on the dining table and coat on the couch. He then wandered into the kitchen to see what Heero was cooking for dinner. He came up behind him and wrapped his arms around him. Then kissed his neck.

"Hi baby. What's for dinner?"

"You'll find out. How was work?"

"Good but I missed you."

"I missed you too. Could you set the table for me please."

"Sure. Oh that reminds me I got the time off you asked me for."

"Really great. You'll be at my graduation right?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. But why did you want me to take time off?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

Duo knew it was something big. Heero didn't usually ask that question unless it was very important to him.

"I promise."

"I want to go and see my family."

"WHAT! Why? They treated you horribly."

"I know but I think it would be good for me to see them. Maybe bring myself some closure."

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"Yes, I need to do it Duo. I wanted you to come with me. So I won't be alone. You will come with me right?"

"Of course I will. I'll always be there for you but if they hurt you I will make them pay."

"Thank you Duo. You don't know how much this means to me."

The day after graduation Heero and Duo got into the car and made the long journey back to where they first met. Heero was steadily getting more nervous as they drew closer to their destination. When they finally made it to the house he was trembling like a leaf. Duo reached over and squeezed his hand in support. Heero smiled a little and got out of the car. Duo got out and came around the other side. He held Heero's hand and they both walked up to the door of the house. Heero knocked on the door and waited.

They heard a shuffling noise and then the door opened to reveal a boy. He seemed to be in his early teens. The boy looked quizzically up at them.

"Ohayo, How can I help you?"

"Hi, I…umm… used to live here."

"Oh I remember you. You were the thing that lived downstairs. The one my parents called the Demon. I remembered the day you left. My parents were extremely relieved. So what brings you back here?"

"I wanted to speak with them. Find out why they did what they did."

"I'm sorry you can't. They aren't here but they should be back soon. Would you like to come in?"

"Sure. Thank you."

They went into the house. It hadn't changed in the six years since they been there. The boy led him to a chair in the kitchen and they sat down.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask for your name."

"It's okay, my name is Hanshiro (1). And you are?"

"I'm Heero, and he's Duo. I hate to ask you but why are you so different from your parents. All I remember is how they kept me locked in the basement and they didn't treat me very well."

"Well I'm not here most of the time. I go away to school but in the summer I come home. I don't agree with my parents on many things. Including how they treated you, but I was too scared to say anything."

"It's okay, I don't blame you. I'm happy that you had a good life and that you won't turn out to be your parents."

"Yeah. So what did you want to speak to them about?"

"I want to know why they did what they did. What made them believe I was a demon and who were my parents. I don't know if they were or if they found me somewhere."

"Well I don't know about who your parents are but they told me a few things about why you were a demon. I'd always hear stories about the demon in the basement and I wanted to know more about you. So I asked how they could tell you were a demon. They told me it was because you had blue eyes."

"And?"

"And nothing. That was it or at least that was all they told me."

Heero drooped in disappointment. He had been hoping for a better reason other than his blue eyes.

"Well I happen to love his blue eyes. I don't care what anyone says he's an angel to me."

"You two are together?"

"Yes we are."

"Cool. But don't tell my parents they don't like that sort of thing."

"Okay we won't."

They sat around the table, each staring off at some point in the kitchen. Heero looked towards the door, the door that led to the basement.

"Hanshiro, may we go down into the basement?"

"Sure."

Hanshiro opened it up for them and they walked down to where Heero used to live. Heero looked around at his old home and shivered. The place hadn't been touched and dust was on everything. He walked over to the books and reverently touched them. He moved over to the chest and found the pictures. The pictures he always believed were his parents. As he looked at the pictures he realized that it wasn't true. The picture too old for them to be his parents. He put the pictures back and wondered over to where he first met Duo. He knelt down on the covers and found the old radio he had. He gingerly picked it up and smiled. Duo, who had been watching as Heero went through the stuff, came up behind him. He put one hand in Heero's hair and tousled the wild locks.

"Are you okay Heero?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just remembering the first time we met."

Duo smiled at the memories. They heard movement upstairs and felt they had been down here long enough. Before they went upstairs though Duo grabbed Heero around the waist and held him.

"Heero, whatever happens today always remember I love you. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you curled up in the corner of this basement. That love has grown stronger since then. I will love you for the rest of your life. I will be here for you."

Heero felt better after hearing those words. He always liked it when Duo asserted his love for him. He smiled and leaned over for a kiss. After the kiss they went up the stairs to face whatever was to come.

They entered the kitchen and saw Hanshiro sitting with his parents. They seemed a little older since the last time they saw them. The woman screamed and fled the room. Hanshiro didn't know if he should stay or go but the look his father gave him made him chase after his mother. The man was furious, his chair fell over when the man jumped up.

"Demon, what are you doing here?"

Duo growled and stepped up to Heero and enfolded him in his arms.

"Oh Shinigami-sama I didn't see you there."

"Look he isn't death and I'm not a demon. I came back to ask you a couple questions."

"You are a Demon. I don't care what you came back for but I want you out of my house."

Heero was more determined to get answers to his question. He had one important one he wanted to ask.

"All I have is one question. Who are my parents?"

"You were spawned from Shinigami himself. You killed our only son and took his body. You are no child of ours. Go back to the hell you came from. Leave this family."

Heero looked shocked at the revelation. Duo just wanted to rip this man apart but Heero held him back. He had got what he came for. He dragged Duo with him as they left the house. Once they were outside the house, Heero sagged against Duo. Worry overran the anger Duo was feeling. He held Heero and waited for him to speak.

"I'm okay Duo. I got what I came for."

"You sure Heero."

"Yes, I know who my parents are."

"And that you have a brother. Are you going to tell him?"

"Maybe someday."

Duo smiled at Heero and they walked towards the car. They heard a shout behind them and turned to see Hanshiro run up to them.

"Hi. Sorry about dad, he can be a real bastard sometimes. Are you leaving?"

At their nod he seemed saddened.

"Oh. Well I hope you got what you came for. It would have been cool if we had been brothers. I never had one before. Well got to go back in before they miss me. Sayonara Heero and Duo."

With that Hanshiro went back into the house. Duo got into the car and started it. He waited patiently for Heero to get in. Heero stood by his open car door and looked at the house.

"Heero?"

"I'm coming Duo."

"Not yet but you will be."

Heero smiled at the promise and got into the car. He felt a little better now since he came back. He didn't have to worry about who is parents were anymore. He decided not to dwell on them or what they had done to him. He would forget them and live happily with Duo. This was a beginning to a life with Duo without doubts and worries. Maybe one day he would tell Hanshiro that he was his brother, but not today. He would wait until the boy was older. The rest of his thoughts were cut off when Duo started to fondle him while driving. Heero gave in to the feelings and thought it was going to be a long drive home.

THE END

(1) I looked up Japanese male baby names on the Internet.