Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letters and Hate Mail ❯ Hello ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard Disclaimers: Not mine, etc. "Hello" belongs to Evanescence.

Warnings: Dark, suicide attempt, language, potentially confusing, Duo POV, songfic

A/N: I hope this is disturbing or depressing or both. A reference to this piece will be made in Duo's next letter. This chapter leaves the standard letter format and is accompanied by thoughts and descriptions as follows.
(blah): descriptions
[blah]:
lyrics
blah: the actual writing on the letter
blah: Duo's detached thoughts

Hello
by Solanum Dulcamara

(Light from a forgotten television spreads a flickering gray-clue haze on an empty living room. The unheard noises meld into a mute static of scripts, sound effects, and canned laughter.)

[Playground school beel rings]

(A phone rings, ignored. Street light and neon filter through blinds in the second room on the right down the hall.)

Hello... no one will answer. I have no one. No one will read this. If no one reads this it is nothing, and if I am not acknowledged. I am nothing.

Misery, misery, more pitiful misery...

[Rain clouds come to play again.]

I just need.. need to say I feel like shit and I hate it and I hate life. No one listens. It's because I'm dead. I died over a year ago.

Death is just another phase of existence. Accept it. Embrace it.

[Has no one told you she's not breathing.]

I'm lost.

But I thought you were dead.

I need someone.

[Hello]

I am your someone. You are your someone... all you have left... all I have left...


I'm cold, so cold and lonely. The house is dark and lonely. My mind is dark and lonely.

[Hello]

I'm so tired... tired of pretending... tired of trying.

It's alright. You won't have to be tired anymore.

The words blur in dark spots on the page... my fault... my fault. My arms are leaking.

I think it's perfect. Let it happen.

(Persistant phone ringing crawls through the hall and echos in the room.)

Someone? Somewhere? I don't remember where I'm supposed to be?

You don't belong anywhere. You should be here. They'll just hurt you. they don't want you.

I don't belong. I have no place.

Your tears don't belong in a world of fake smiles.

[Don't try to fix me]

You are perfect. Stay this way.

[I'm not broken]

My body is heavy. it hurts. Help me.

[Hello]

Shh. I've taken care of everything. Soon the pain will pass. All things are transient. Especially you.

[I'm the lie living for you
so you can hide]

My face is wet like my arms. Salty, it's salty. It burns. My arms burn. My chest burns. Like when I died.

Death isn't bad... It's a means to an end, really.

[Don't cry]

I'm dying.

[Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping.]

I haven't said goodbye.

Goodbye.

Help me.

[Hello]

This is what we wanted. I did help.

(A body drags across the floor, clutching a crumpled paper in one hand, leaving dark trails in the carpet. It collapses in front of a partially open bathroom door. The soft hum of the air vent serenades the fallen figure. Shards of glass littler the counter top, sink , and floor; a thousand tiny mirrors reflecting the limp form, amongst a collection of dark splotches on carpet, wall, and tile.)

They all left. They left me because I wasn't worth being with. I am nothing.
But I'm not ready to die.

[I'm still here]

Yes, I am. I have nothing and I am nothing.

[all that's left of yesterday]

(A girl enters the dark living room. 'Hello?')