Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letters and Hate Mail ❯ Home to Stay ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own GW, duh. I also don't own "Home to Stay" by Amy Gillies and Josh Groban.

Warnings: songfic… shonen ai… Heero detachment syndrome... potential angst and/or sap (depending on interpretation)

A/N: I had a lot of fun writing this letter and trying to get a correctly detached tone to the writing. I hope I did. It's not that Heero doesn't have feelings (obviously) he just has trouble expressing them and tends to be rather matter-of-fact.

blah = lyrics


Home to Stay
By Solanum Dulcamara

Trowa:

I cannot ignore facts, nor can I alter reality. You are gone. Whether or not it's painful is irrelevant. The possibility of your return has yet to be determined. The nature of you journey is self-discovery and the mission status is questionable. I understand. I find myself in a similar situation.

I know you're gone
I watched you leave
I always thought
That it was me
You made it clear
With that last kiss
You couldn't live a life
With maybes and whatifs

Deserts span beyond comprehension. I can sit outside and watch the sun melt into the horizon. I wonder how it compares with all of the sights you are taking in. As I previously informed you, my experiments with normalcy lead me to the western United States. I have learned about mundane travel, keeping a regular job, and simple daily activities, such as paying bills. This is the definition of life in the modern era. Yet, I in my ignorance am able to recognize that I am not living and will not be until you return.

When every boat
Has sailed away
And every path
Is marked and paved
When every road
Has had its say
Then I'll be bringing you back
Home to stay


You have become quite the scholar/ globe-trotter. I was not aware of your architectural interests. Your descriptions are interesting and would probably enthrall a more artistic man. Most of the buildings in Tempe are late AD twentieth century replicas with imitation 1500s Spanish thigh tiles for roofing. Not much for creativity, but it is somewhat comfortable.

I have the cards you sent to me
You wrote of trains and Paris galleries
This spring you'll draw
Canals, and frescoed walls
Look how far your dreaming's gone


I remember Europe from the war. Quatre and I were there for a descent amount of time. It was all very quaint at first, but I grew bored quickly. I can only hope that you will feel the same. Then again, I am not the artistic one.

When every town looks just the same
When every choice gets hard to make
When every map is put away
Then I'll be bringing you back
Home to stay

I was hurt when you were rather suddenly gone. I know we had discussed getting to know ourselves better, but I had always assumed we would do it together. But now I understand. We had to build individual identities before we could build anything together. But I would have gladly gone with you.

And now I know why you had to go alone
Isn't there a place between

The world may have you now, but there will be a day when you will be mine. You will have traveled the globe and conquered space; studying, romanticizing, sketching, poeticizing. Your grand adventures will have been spent, but I will be waiting with one more: turning a house into a home.

When every boat
Has sailed away
And every path
Is marked and paved
When every road
Has had its say
Then I'll be bringing you back
Home to stay


I know that, despite press titles, I am far from perfect. I am not terribly romantic and I have a tendency to be blunt and curt. I do not have much to offer, but I will give all that I have to you.

Reach out to me

Call out my name

And I would bring you back again today


I'm not nearly as exciting as the Vatican or Tajmahal. I do not have Doric columns or gothic spires. But I do have arms waiting to hold you and a heart waiting to love you. They are not good for sketching or studying, but they are yours, as am I.

With love and sincerity,

Heero