Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Love is Not a Game! ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise.


Wufei sat down in the living room waiting impatiently for Duo to come home. The American girl didn't tell anyone, not even Heero, where she was going or what she was doing, but Wufei had a gut feeling that she was up to no good.

"What's wrong with you?" Heero asked as he took a seat on the couch next to Wufei. The other couch was being occupied by Trowa and Quatre, who were making little kissy faces at each other.

"Your girlfriend," she snapped.

"Why are you worried about Duo, Wufei?" Quatre asked innocently.

"I'm not worried about Duo, I'm worried about what she may be doing!"

"If it'll make you feel better, I'll talk to her when she gets back," Heero said with mock concern.

As if on cue, Duo came threw the door at that very moment. "Woo boy!" she said as she slammed the door behind her.

"Duo!" Heero called from the living room. "Come here please."

Duo skipped into the living room and stopped happily right in front of Heero, gave him a kiss on the check, and then sat on his lap. "Did I ever tell you that I loved you today?"

Sick of Duo's silly games, Wufei stood up and pointed a finger right at her nose. "All right Maxwell, just where were you this whole time!?"

"Gee Wu, I don't think I can remember," Duo said innocently, but smiling a very sly smile. She stuck her hand out at Wufei, palm up. "Care to refresh my memory?"

Wufei's face started to turn bright red with rage. "How about I cut you in half instead?" she barked.

Duo just responded with a smirk. "If you did that, then you'll never know where I was."

"Duo," Heero said sternly, "just tell her."

Duo reluctantly told them everything. From the pictures she took, to the meeting with Treize, even what Treize told her not to say to Wufei.

"Duo," Quatre said, slightly disgusted.

"You sick bitch!" Wufei yelled, now even angrier then ever. "How could you take pictures of me without asking!"

"Well it's not like you would have said yes!" she pointed out. "Besides, aren't you upset about what Treize had said!?"

Wufei slowly sat back down, a mixture of hurt and anger on her face.

"Wufei," Quatre began.

"How dare he." she hissed. "How dare he say things like that! My love is 'not' a game!"

"Oh yeah," Duo said reaching into her hat, and pulling out the same small box Treize had given her. "He said to give this to you." She handed it to Wufei.

Wufei looked at it disgusted at first, and then grabbed it. She unwrapped it to reveal a velvet box. She opened it only to see a diamond necklaces and a note. Ignoring the necklace, she went straight for the note.

"What is it?" Quatre asked.

"A note and a necklace," she stated.

"What's the note say?" Trowa asked.

"It says to meet him at his summer house tomorrow at noon for lunch."

"So what are ya gonna do?" Duo asked.

Wufei sat silently, deep in thought for a moment. Then she smirked. "The only thing I can do, let him win."




Treize sat on the balcony of his summer beach house reading a novel. He wore a light yellow dress shirt, with the first three bottoms undone, and a pair of blue jeans. He sighed happily. He loved summer days like this, it was prefect for reading. The wind would some times and turn the pages that he didn't want to be turned, but he didn't mind. He laid down his book and listened to the waves splash on the ocean shore. His summer house had a beach front view, so when ever he needed to relax, he just sat and listened to the waves. The only downside, was that some times late at night, drunks would wonder onto the beach and disturb his peace, but it was just a simple matter of picking up the phone and calling the police.

This house was only for the summer, during the fall, he spent his time in the colonies. The winter, a cabin in the Alps. That was his favorite place of all. Something about the winter that just made everyone so much happier. 'Maybe I should invite Wufei to go with me?' he thought. He chuckled at his joke. He knew that the Chinese girl would never come with him. She would, most likely, rather jump off a cliff.

His face turned grim at that thought. What he had told Miss Maxwell the other day was only half true. He did enjoy the chase, but there was other things about Wufei that made him love her. Her beauty, her skill at fighting, her strong will, it made her the perfect woman in his eyes. However, he knew good and well that Wufei didn't feel the same way, and that hurt. It hurt worse than death to know that the one you love doesn't feel the same way about you. All the best schools in the world couldn't tell you what it was like to get your heart ripped out. However, the best advice that he was ever given, from his parents, teachers, professors, and so many others that he looked up to, was to never give up. And he never did. He never gave up on the dream that one day, Wufei would tell him that she loved him back. That day would be the happiest day of his life.

Suddenly he heard the door bell ring. He remembered that he had given his servants the day off, and reluctantly got up to answer the door. 'Maybe it's Wufei,' he joke to himself. It was noon, and that's when he told Wufei to come over, but he knew better than to think even for a second that she would come.

The door bell range again, impatiently. "I'm coming!" Treize called. When he answered the door he almost fainted.