Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Own Life ❯ Wedding Issues ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer/Summary see chapter 1

My Own Life

Chapter 2: Wedding Issues

`Next Thursday' came round all too quickly in Heero's opinion, he found himself shopping for a wedding he didn't want to go through with, with a woman that would be that of many men's dreams but played a bigger role in his nightmares; his bride.

"What about roses Heero? I like roses."

"You can choose the flowers for your bouquet, but I think chrysanthemums would be more to tradition for the rest of the decoration."

"Hmmm… you're right. They are pretty too of course, they will be fine."

They left the shop after placing an order of yellow chrysanthemums and one for lemon coloured roses. Heero didn't care what they bought or arranged today, to him, it was all the same, but he knew his father would like him to take an interest so that he tried to do.

"Now, we need clothes, but they may take longer to shop for, and we should split up, I know how much tradition means to you."

"Yes, thank you for your understanding." Heero was just relieved at the prospect of getting away from wedding business, even if it were only for a short period of time. "Why don't we meet up for lunch at Dascrets?"

"Ok Heero, I probably won't be able to pick out a dress by then though."

"It is a few weeks till the wedding; you will have many opportunities to shop for an outfit."

"Thank you. I'll see you at lunch."

They split off their separate ways in directions of either a bridal shop or a tailors. Heero wasn't having s good time. They got along well enough, he made an effort to be polite and she listened well to his opinions and few ideas he had. But even still, the basic problem for his unhappiness was simple the fact that he would rather be in a wooden house with an arsonist than shopping for his wedding, with anyone.

He focused on the ground walking straight past the tailors turned a corner, slap-bang into something.

"Whoa, sorry mate!"

"That's Ok." He looked up from the position that he had been thrown to on the ground.

Before him stood the most attractive boy he had ever laid eyes on. Amethyst eyes sparkling like the gems themselves, the heart shape of his face complimenting his button nose and tempting lips, few bangs gently brushed his clear complexion, chestnut hair way past his waist braided down his back, well built figure under the already revealing clothes.

`Wow… he's stunning' Heero thought.

Duo looked down and held out his hand to the Japanese beauty on the ground before him.

`I bet I could find a better reason for him to be on the floor in front of me.' He grinned wickedly, and then flashed a stunning smile as Heero took the offered hand. `My God, he's bloody gorgeous.' They were on a level now, gazing openly at each other.

`And,' they both thought, `probably straight.'

Heero's brain clicked back into working mode and he realised they were still hand in hand.

"Thanks," Duo noticed too, neither made a move to break the hold, just continued staring, examining every inch of the others body wit hunger burning longingly in the hearts.

"Sorry `bout that, I'm Duo, Duo Maxwell."

"Heero Yuy." They shook the hands they were still holding and eventually let the grip drop.

"See ya `round Heero." He threw a wink in the direction of the still staring Japanese boy and strode off in the opposite direction to where Heero was headed.

"Bye, Duo."

Heero walked around the town square for the remainder of his free time, once again mind wandering far away from the road he was walking on. The boy he had earlier met walked around his thoughts, never leaving them.

`He's a far off dream, even if I wasn't getting married, I would never be anything to him, he must have both sexes all over him every where he goes, why would he ever find an interest in me?. Not like it matters, I'll probably never see him again. Still… I can imagine.' That, he did.

Heero glanced at his watch some time later, `time to get back to reality.'

A customary for the past few days-sigh escaped him. Heero headed for Dascrets café still in another world where just he and Duo resided.

"Did you find anything to wear on the big day Heero?" Relena looked as happy as ever, she appealed to him as the kind of girl who would have every little detail of her wedding planned out as a kid, right down to sauces on the meet.

"No, I'll have another look next time we are out for wedding items. How about you?"

"No, I found many appealing dresses but I think I'll come shopping with one of my friends to get a second opinion."

"Yes, I'm sure she would be more of a help than I. Would you like some lunch?"

"Yes please, I'll have whatever you are having."

####

`She's too enthusiastic about it all. If she didn't want this as much as I don't it would be a whole lot easier.'

He was now in the cab travelling away from the Peacecraft manor. He had wasted a whole day of his life buying and arranging stuff for a wedding, HIS wedding; the wedding from the darkside. He was fed up.

`Why is there a tradition of getting married to someone not of your own choice anyway?'

He glanced out the window and for the first time he could recall, paid attention to the couples walking down the road. Most looked happy enough, but where would they be if the hadn't been forced to marry with the person by their side, how many would be in the same situation or place they were in today? Hardly any, maybe even none.

"Hello Father." Heero entered the house, trying -unsuccessfully- to think of other things than the feared marriage that kept popping into his head.

"How was it today Heero?"

"It went ok, we managed to sort a few of the wedding things out; we have ordered the flowers and Relena says she found many dresses that would be suitable and are nice."

"Did you not see these dresses?"

"Of course not Father."

"Where were you?"

"Looking for a suit, you know a groom can't see a bride in her wedding dress before the day."

"Ah yes. Heero, did you find a suit?"

"No, why do you ask?"

Alninio's face lit up, he smiled at his son, "would you carry on the family tradition and wear the suit I wore for my wedding to your mother? Your grandfather wore it, as did I, now it is your turn."

"Certainly I will Father."

"Excellent!"

`Great, another thing for me to feel guilty about if I ever have the guts to back out of this wedding. I don't though, only one thing in the world would make me do that, if I fell in love with someone else.'

End Chapter 2

A/N How was this chapter? P-L-ease tell me what you think.

Ta!

%%%%% Sunny Dragoness %%%%%