Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Own Life ❯ Far Off Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer/Summary see chapter 1

My Own Life

Chapter 3: Far Off Dreams

//Dream//

Two bodies entwined on a canopy bed, heat rising rapidly into the air.

"Heero!"

"Oh Duo."

#####################################

Heero awoke hot and clammy, that had been the third time that had happened since Thursday and it was only Monday now. The boy in the town had had a big effect on him, so it seemed.

`Why do I keep thinking of him like this?' Heero asked himself whilst taking a well-needed cold shower. `I know he's really good looking, but I only met him for five minutes, he could be really horrible.' Heero reasoned, `but he didn't seem it, a horrible person would have just left me on floor wouldn't they? It's no matter anyway; I bet I never see him again.'

#####################################

`We've been here for nearly four hours! Why isn't she getting tired yet? Gods I need to get out of here!'

Heero stood, bags weighing him down, full of small items for the wedding. Gazing longingly out of the windows, slightly condensed from the heat inside the shop. The town was as it's usual; shoppers busily moving around, rows of shops, open cafes, fountain in the centre of the town square, nothing special. Heero looked further over, his eyes widened as a particular someone caught his eye. Heero stared at the man of his dreams, he had to get out of this god-damn shop to see him.

"Relena?"

"Yes Heero?"

"Would you mind if I stepped outside for a minute, I feel a little, over heated."

"Oh no! You're not coming down with something are you?" She felt his forehead.

"I'll be ok." `As long as I can get to Duo.'

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I just need some fresh air, I'll just be outside."

"Okay, I won't be too long."

Heero smiled vaguely. Relena leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips, he winced. The Japanese boy managed to fix a fake smile - to cover over the fact that he hadn't enjoyed the kiss in the slightest- just in time as she past him one last glance.

He walked out of the shop and headed for the row opposite.

`Which one did he go in? I shouldn't have turned around!'

Heero glanced at the shops; a women's clothes shop, food store, jewellers, chemists, music shop or a lingerie store. Heero walked in and out of the line of shops and finally in the last on he found him.

`Lingerie? I bet it's for his girlfriend or wife or someone like that, it's not exactly going to be for his Mother or himself.'

Duo stood in front of a stand stacked with lacy underwear.

`What do I do now? I can't exactly walk up to him and just start talking, can I?'

He decided to just wander around the shop; hopefully Duo would come and talk to him.

"Hi Heero isn't it?"

"Yes, hello Duo. How are you?"

"I'm pretty good, not much doin' though." He tossed his bangs out of his intriguing eyes, "You?"

"I'm not too good actually."

"What's up?" It was nice to have Duo concerned over him and Heero didn't mind telling Duo of his problems with Relena.

"I'm just sick of shopping for that bloody wedding!"

"Wedding?"

Heero nodded stiffly.

"You're getting married?!"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"You don't seem too happy about it. Something wrong with your bride?"

"Yes!"

"What's so bad about her like?"

"Well she's… she's a she."

Duo laughed, "I had the same problem a month back."

"You did? What did you do about it?"

"I left, I never really liked it there, I never got along with my parents anyway, I used to have friends but as soon as I told people I was gay, they ran a mile! But I'm ok now, I moved to here and I've set up my own place, I like the town and there's nobody to force a bride on me. It's not bad actually!"

"I'd never be able to tell me Father, he's looking forward to the wedding, and I couldn't drop that burden on him either."

"You have to tell people Heero, you'll feel worse if you don't."

"I can't though. How can I?"

"I could help you, I can't right now but meet me here, tonight at the fountain, lets say… 9' o clock."

"Ok, I'd better be getting back to the fancy crockery shop, I'll see you tonight."

"See you tonight," He winked, "sexy!"

`He couldn't have meant that, he must have been joking.' But the small bubble of hope in the back of his mind couldn't have been burst even if a ten ton tank rolled over it.

Heero was in his own heaven.

######

"I think our wedding preparations are going well, don't you Heero?" Relena pushed the question on to him, he had to agree just to keep her happy, and if he was honest with himself they were going pretty well, nothing was going to go wrong at Relena's wedding. Everything had to be perfect, and it was. He had hoped something might crop up to at least set the date back if not cancel it completely, but no, the only thing that would affect this wedding was Heero himself, because Relena sure wasn't going to ruin it.

"Yes, great. Just stop here please sir."

The cab slowed at the bottom gates of the impressive Peacecraft manor.

"Aren't you going to walk me to the door like a proper gentleman Heero?"

"Of course." He answered in a barley civil tone through gritted teeth. Relena, as usual, was lost in her own world on cloud nine maybe, or her very own fairy tale castle.

"Wait here." He instructed the cab driver in stern tones.

He accompanied Relena against his will up to main entrance of the magnificent home.

"Thank you Heero." She leaned into a kiss with him, he had to respond, he couldn't exactly pull back. He responded.

The kiss seemed to go on for ages, much longer that it really did. Eventually, the teenage girl pulled away, fluttering her eyelashes. "Night-night Heero."

"Goodnight."

`Thank god that's over!'

"Sorry to keep you waiting, but I think I'm going to walk." The cab driver went on his way grumbling but given extra tips.

Heero stood in the lashing rain storm that had come on whilst he had been walking back down the long drive away from Relena's house. He really felt like he needed the walk and the rain would freshen him up. He began walking towards his own home, videoed images of the wedding played through his turning mind.

"Hello Heero, son, how was it today?"

"It was ok." Heero relied wearily, `it would have been better if she didn't keep sticking her tongue down my throat every time we're going to be apart for two second though.'

"Are the wedding plans going well?"

"Yes, Relena is very efficient." `Unfortunately.'

"Good, I knew I couldn't have found you a better bride!"

`No maybe not a better bride, but about ten thousand replacement grooms.'

"No Father, she will make a wonderful wife."

######

Eight thirty five.

"Father I'm just going into town, I wont be too long."

"Ok Heero, just don't be too late."

The door slammed shut, the night was young. Daylight still breathing through, sun distantly disappearing over the far off mountains. The sky had cleared a while ago and the clouds had moved north. Fresh smells of newly collected dew filled the light air. A gentle breeze blew softly encasing Heero in a cool draught. The faint sound of trotting hooves on a cab and whistling from singing of birds is all that could be heard in the almost deserted streets. The familiar sight of the town grew into view as Heero approached it. A recognisable well built figure sat on the edge of the stone carved fountain, swinging his legs and humming quiet tunes.

"Hey Heero, you're early!" Duo jumped down and jogged lightly till he was level with Heero then he turned and headed back towards the fountain. They sat down. Duo ran his hands through the chilled, tranquil water, playfully splashing Heero, laughing like a school boy. Heero smiled. Anyone else and he probably would have glared at them, but this was Duo so he didn't care, in fact, he enjoyed that Duo was focusing his attention entirely on him.

"So are you Duo."

"Yeah but I didn't expected you for at least another ten."

"Well I like to be punctual."

"I just like the town when it's quiet, I often come here when all the shops have shut and everyone's gone home, just to sit, think… Anyway… does your Mam know?"

"What?"

"Does your Mam, or anyone for that matter, know you're gay?"

"My Mother died hours after I was born, that's why I can't tell my Father, my Mother always wanted everything to go traditionally and perfect for her son, and my Father's trying to live by that, I can't tell him, he's looking forward to the wedding more than anyone except for Relena."

"Relena? Your bride perhaps?"

"Yes," he answered, his voice dripping acid.

"Whoa! That bad?" Duo laughed at seeing Heero's deadly expression.

"Fairly, no, she's ok, but not for a gay male who has no thoughts on getting married to a woman ever she's isn't my favourite person in the world."

Duo laughed, it was a sound like angels singing to Heero's ears.

"So you defiantly know you're gay then?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Why?"

"I like you Heero."

"You what?!" `Gods I can't believe he said, he couldn't have meant it, he's only messing about with me, I'm sure.'

`Oh Gods,' thought Duo, `did I get him wrong? Does he not like me?'

"You like me?" Asked Heero.

"Yes."

"Good."

"Why?"

Heero slid his arms tenderly around Duo's waist, and moved himself closer so their lips were only just inches away from each other's. Duo breath ghosted across Heero's mouth. His arms moved delicately up round Heero's slightly tilted neck. They gazed into each others eyes finding something they had both always wanted, the comfort of another man who felt as they did. Heero glanced over Duo's perfect features, and concentrated on his appealing lips. Duo looked over the slightly taller man he was with, he was gorgeous, and Duo was sitting here in an embrace with him, he wanted more, he gazed hungrily at his lips. They both leaned in towards the other. Lips met. Duo's eyes slid shut as he sunk into the sweetness of the kiss; he ran his hands through the light brown hair, holding Heero in place. Heero's hands glided sensuously up and down Duo's sides. The kiss broke and both boys rested their foreheads together, gasping for breath. Still tightly holding each other in their arms.

Owari Chapter 3

A/N Please review, thanks to everyone who has done so far, keep `em coming!