Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ OK, So You Have Skills... ❯ Just Two Friends Getting Out of Prison ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I, sadly, don't own Gundam Wing no matter how much I want to. The bishounen aren't mine * sigh *. I love them anyway!
 
Warnings: OOCness, hurt Duo, blood, aftereffects of torture, language, implied shounen ai, mean people…it's not too bad, but leave if you don't like blood…yeah…
 
OK, So You Have Skills…
 
Chapter 4: Just Two Friends Getting Out of Prison
 
“Woo-hoo! The God of Death is outta there!” he exclaimed. Then he sunk to the floor, exhausted.
 
“Can I take a * huff * * wheeze * rest?” he asked the Perfect Soldier anxiously.
 
“Sure, Duo” he heard Heero say.
 
“What?” he said, head snapping up, then “what'd you do with the real Heero?”
 
“Take a break, baka. You're no use if you can't do your mission.”
 
“Oh! I see!” Duo said aloud, but thought: Jerk! Can't you give someone a break because they deserve it and they're your friend?
 
He sighed at his wishful thinking. Heero giving him a break cause he was his friend would happen sooner than Heero complimenting him for a job well-done (and that would never happen!). Still…
 
“Hey, Heero. How did you like my quick escape? Pretty good, huh?” (He loved messing with the guy. He was way too serious.)
 
“Yes. It was.”
 
Huh? Duo choked. “OK! I'm getting freaked out here. Who the fuck are you?” he said in his Shinigami voice, getting to his feet. “You're a very poor imitation of Heero, man. HE wouldn't help me this much. So who are you? You've gotta be from OZ, right?”
 
Silence.
 
“Now you're getting the hang of it!”
 
“What are you talking about, Duo? Are you…is something…what's wrong with you?” Heero asked, totally confused. He'd thought he was being nice. Why would Duo be mad?
 
“Man, you are so OOC it's not even funny!”
 
“…OOC?”
 
“Out of character. There's no way Heero would let me rest and then compliment me. You can't be him.”
 
(Was that teasing he heard in Duo's voice? Certainly not.)
 
“Do you need proof that I'm…are you…”
 
“Hey, hey, man. Sorry just a joke. Don't wanna make you nervous or anything.” Duo gave a slightly nervous look at Heero's clenched fists. “Don't kill me or anything…” Oh, shit! Maybe it isn't him! He hasn't threatened to kill me yet! Plus, he's acting like a…friend.
 
Duo asked casually, perhaps too casually, “So…how are the others?”
 
“Quatre is in space with Trowa and Wufei is on Earth with Relena.”
 
Boy, did he drop a lot of names there. Is he trying to prove he really is Heero or trying to trick me into thinking he's Heero? Aaahhh! My head hurts!
 
Heero watched Duo sit down heavily, holding his head in bloody hands. He looked…confused. Why? Didn't he know that he considered him a…probably not. Time to tell him.
 
“Hey Duo.” Duo looked up warily. “I…you and me…I'd like you to know that I consider you a friend. My best friend.”
 
Duo visibly relaxed and flashed a pleased smile.
 
“You're my best friend, too, buddy! Next to Deathscythe, of course!”
 
They both laughed loud and long at the joke, causing the guards to come and see what was wrong…
 
TBC?…
 
Author's Note: Do people want me to continue? I have some more stuff, but I wrote it originally as another fic. And it's not completely done yet. But I do have more, so if you want me to continue, please review!
 
Sorry for the shortness! If I post more, it will start with them getting out of the cell, and this was a good place to stop.