Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Assassin ❯ Target Retrieved ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PERFECT ASSASSIN

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or its characters in any way.

CHAPTER THREE: TARGET RETRIEVED

Seconds seemed to pass by like hours as the two adults eyed each other, not quite sure what the other will do. The bitter night air had the taste of death lingering possessively on Heero as he pushed Relena aside and marched right through the door and into her living room.

"Heero, what are you doing here? Do you have any idea what time it is?" She demanded, closing the door before catching a draft of the cool night wind.

He did not show any sign of recognition to her question. Instead of having his usual upright posture and control, he staggered slightly while trying desperately to remain standing up.

"You're drunk." She announced. It was more a statement than a question and a truthful speculation at that.

"Um¡K yeah I guess I am." He commented as he swung his arms back and forth. Moments later he began closing his distance from Relena.

"Heero, I don't hear from you in a few weeks and you pop out of nowhere? What's wrong with you? No wait, on second thought, don't answer that. Go home, Heero." She said, reopening the door and waiting for him to make his departure. Maybe it was the lateness of the hour which she was abruptly disturbed from her sleep, or the cart wheeling emotions of the heart, but she couldn't deal with him at this moment.

Looking defeated, he walked to the door but before Relena could blink twice, he closed the door and stared straight at her. "Not just yet."

She was so shocked by his outburst that she didn't know what to do. "Heero¡K "

He interrupted her by saying, "Let me ask you something, Relena. Why can't I get you out of my head?"

"I¡K" The question came out of no where and she offered nothing but a confused expression. "Heero, are you feeling alright?"

"No, I'm not!" He hollered, displaying none of the traits of the perfect soldier. Perhaps it was the alcohol content flowing in his bloodstream that brought forth his outburst. "I thought that little voice inside me would stop once I stopped seeing you, but you know what? The voice only intensified. Even alcohol can't quench its thirst." His voice increased an octave with each new sentence.

Relena had never seen him act with such emotion, or whatever it was and it scared her. She trembled, unsure of what he will do since no one has ever seen the perfect soldier out of control before.

"Why can't I get you out of my head, Relena?" He repeated. "TELL ME!!!!"

She began feeling tears well inside her irises and she refused to let them fall. "I don't know." Relena whispered, looking anywhere but his face.

Heero grabbed both her upper arms in a tight grip and yelled, "Look at me and tell me!"

Relena obeyed and met his death gaze, then answered louder than before, "I don't know!"

"Of all the people in the world Relena, I would never expect to hear those words from you." He replied in disgust, tightening his hold on her.

"Please, Heero. Stop! You're hurting me." She pleaded, losing to the battle of unshed tears.

They fixed their eyes on each other for a few moments longer before Heero released her and ran off into the night, leaving the door wide open. She could feel her knees weakening and collapsed on the floor.

Paegan came running in a quick pace, seeing Relena sitting on the floor in her nightgown. "Miss Relena? I heard some yelling. Are you alright, my dear?"

"No, I'm not." She said quietly, letting the tears glide down her cheekbones. "He was just here." There was no need to explain who 'he' was. Paegan clearly knew who she meant.

"Relena¡K." He said, reaching to embrace her, hoping to sooth her nerves. "Don't worry about him. Try to get some sleep."


~*~*~
Stupid. He felt so stupid going to Relena's place. What on earth possessed him to do the things he have done, and worse, to say the things he said to her. It wasn't just the alcohol, he scolded himself. That was just a simple excuse. All the anger stored inside exploded like wildfire and he couldn't control it. Heero was disgusted with himself as he lay awake in his bed, recollecting the few words they exchanged a few hours ago. He couldn't sleep that night and soon it will be dawn.


~*~*~
Since Heero's abrupt visit, Relena couldn't settle her thoughts and therefore, sat in her favorite armchair by the bayside window thinking. Shaken beyond belief, she couldn't possibly sleep soundly now. Observing the dark scenery of the night, she noticed the clock jump from four to five am. Growing restless, she needed to jog a few kilometers in the neighborhood to erase the memories from last night.

Leaving a note for Paegan, she changed into a loose T-shirt and black shorts, strapped on her runners and welcomed the morning breeze with open arms. The first ten minutes of the jog felt like pure bliss, being one with nature and the road. The sun had yet to fully rise and she could see the glistening morning dew on potted plants and evergreen trees. This was how it felt to be alive.

Jogging up a hill, she noticed five men jogging toward her. She found it odd that there were people out here this early in the morning. Usually it was just herself and the road but today, the men seemed in excellent physical condition. They didn't seem to be from around the area.

"Good morning." The tallest one yelled.

"Uh¡K. Good morning to you too." She replied, not sure whether she should stop to chat with them.

"We were wondering if you know where we can find Relena Darlian." They stopped simultaneously, forcing her to stop as well, and make conversation with them.

"Well, you found her. What can I do for you?" She asked, trying to calm her raspy breathing from the run.

The man hidden behind the other four pulled out a handkerchief and forcefully shoved it onto her face. She tried desperately to back away from them but she was too late. All five men worked in unison, constricting her movements by holding her to her waist, arms, and legs. She didn't even have a chance to scream. Without much effort, they restrained her and she could do nothing but breathe in the fumes of chloroform from the handkerchief. Moments later, she was drowned in a deep wave of unconsciousness as the tallest member picked her up and carried her gently in his arms.

One of the men pulled out his cell phone and ordered for their ride to pick them up. A black suburban rounded the corner and all the men climbed in neatly, securing Relena safely in the back seat.


~*~*~
Her thoughts slowly returned to her but she felt drowsy and weak. Everything was out of perspective and she couldn't open her eyes to view her surroundings. It took so much energy for her just to feel around and find out where she was but discovered that her body was restrained to a metal board. Relena's head throbbed and she wanted to clear the wave of nausea taking control of her body. Finally, she fought the temptation of drifting off into oblivion by rolling her irises around and then opening her eyes to take in the small room that held her captive. She discovered that she was bolted down to wooden table instead of the metal board she assumed previously. It was so difficult to move and she could no longer fight off the pain in her head. Soon she was taken over by darkness once again.

Two doctors in white laboratory coats entered the small room, where the only furniture was the wooden table and a chair to the right side. One doctor walked around and sat down on the chair, taking Relena's temperature and pulse.

"Do you think she's ready for the first dosage?" The one sitting down asked.

"Let's wait a couple of hours until she regains consciousness. The chemicals will flow into her bloodstream and other cell components at a much faster rate and therefore, will prove to show greater signs of effect." The other doctor responded.

"I agree. She won't know what hit her."

TBC¡K