Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Relena Strikes Back!! ❯ A quarrel that started everything ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: 'Okay... this was my first GW fic... R/R please... And no flames... And if there are similar titles out there with this fic... let me know so that I could change the title if needed...'


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Disclamer: I don't own Gundam Wing... except all the GW mangas that I've collected (all except Ground Zero) and the Endless Waltz vcd that I owned. Gundam Wing characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Yoshiyuki Tomino, Hajime Yadate, Koichi Tokita and various other ppl involved in this Gundam legacy. No copyright infringement are intended. So don't send over armies, gundams, MS or MDs if there are any similarities on this fics with other written works...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Relena Strikes Back

Chapter 1

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani @ Yami Azzie



Darlian Estate - January AC 196 -

Pargan looked at the ancient clock anxiously, waiting for him. Where is he... he should have arrived now! Pargan paced back and forth again. Ding Dong. Pargan stopped in his tracks. He's here.... Pargan thought as he heard the sound of the door opened and feet rushing over him. The door of the room Pargan's in opened. Pargan turned and smiled as he looked at the entrance, a beautiful 16-year-old boy panting as he took a seat near him. Concern painted all over his face as he's regaining his composure.

Pargan chuckled, as he offered a cup of tea to him. "Drink this, slowly. You must have been rushing to get here..., I glad', he said as he too, sipped his tea. The boy looked up to him, puzzled, clearly wanted to know the meaning of that remark. Pargan laughed, "Hahaha, I'm glad she had friends who care for her. Especially you....... right? Ha, don't bother an old' man like me..."

The boy looked back down and kept silent, his cheeks blushed a little. Noticing this, Pargan thought deeply.... Is this the same boy that Miss Relena had been telling me all the time, who had frequently tried to kill her? Heh, she must have been influencing him so much, because I can't relate this boy as the one she described.. And then suddenly, he noticed... Heero Yuy. Yes, he and Miss Relena was very much alike. Why, seeing him is like seeing the old Princess Relena again, back before she first met Zechs. How amazing it is, that both of them had formed such unlikely friendship with each other.... Pargan thought sadly, he knew that the mobile suit war had a part on making their lives, these innocent children's lives miserable. If only this war not exist....

Heero put down his cup. "Why did you called me? Certainly not to say just this words..... and just staring at me like that, right?", Heero asked plainly. Pargan nodded his head. "Yes, it's about Miss Relena." Heero kept still. He quickly looked down towards the carpeted floor, unable to imagine what more trouble she had caused.

"Is ..... is she all right?"
"Yes, and no...."
Heero quickly raised his head, 'Umm??"
"She's now at St. Gabriel alone and I'm worried of her safety..... After Milliard or Zechs, if you prefer to call him, went missing that day, Miss Relena always went out alone when she's not on duty..."
Heero rolled his eyes, 'Why? Is that a problem? I don't think going out alone is that bad..."
"But not for Miss Relena!', streesed Pargan, 'During times like this, she should never go out alone, especially after that rumor..."
"What rumor?', Heero said as he straightened himself up, ' The war is over. No, too early to say that but still she should be ok, right?"
"No. Not when there's rumors of Anti-Earth and White Fang factions still free. I'm worried, if anything were to happen to her that conference would not succeed..."
"Conference?"
"A conference to discuss new ideas to improve the policies of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. This matter is very important as the policies had not totally completed yet..."
"Oh, I see. They would have wanted the Total Pacifism Policies to be abolished and to do that ... Umm... hey, didn't you ever tried convincing her?"
"I tried.... but she didn't listen. But I don't blame Miss Relena. She had been in low spirit these few months.... with the war, and her brother..."

Heero rose from his seat and walked to the door, ' Then, I'll just have to go and convince her!', he said, and immediately went out. Pargan just smiled.

**

At St. Gabriel.....

St. Gabriel. Where it all started. The place where I met the people that had changed my life. Relena sighed, remembering the things that had happened before. This is the place where she had encounter Heero for the second time, where he had said 'Omae o korosu' to her, where she had met Dorothy Catalonia. And the place, where I met the boy who had caused me to regain my memory, of that fire that destroy Sanq kingdom long ago. Relena kept on looking at the building and was startled when she heard the voice behind her.

"Thinking about the past?', Heero asked. Relena turned towards Heero. "Heero...', she cried as she rushed towards him and embraced him, '... how in the world do you found me? I missed you... so much!" Heero looked at her closely, the girl whom he had grown to care much about.

"That doesn't mean you can recklessly abandon your safety and gone out without company!" Relena quickly released herself from Heero. "Oh, guess Pargan decided to call you to find me..." Relena went to a boulder nearby, took her things and the teddy bear she had had brought along. "I need time to be by myself. To ease the stress I felt. You don't know the burden I had felt while trying to reshape the government right now. As Vice Foreign Minister!"

Tears gently flows on her cheeks. 'Even now, not everyone wanted peace..." Heero came closer and noticed the teddy bear she held, the one he had given her a month ago. "Still, you have Quatre, and Dorothy to back you up. And also you have the Preventers, Lady Une, Noin and Sally...' , he said.

"But they had their own responsibilities! I, I'm tired... But I can't rest while there still things to do.. " Heero pulled her towards him.

"No, don't think like that! You can't do your duty if you don't stop to rest. Do it slowly, trust yourself... Aah anyway I need to take you home right now... It's safer...', Heero said as he took her hands. Relena let go of him. "I'll go home myself, thank you! Did Pargan told you about the rumor? Ooh, I get it. You think I can't take care of myself? Okey, I'll show you..!' Relena turned around and left Heero.

"Do as you like, it's your safety...', Heero started to say. Relena turned, "And where had I heard such similar sentence before...?', and continued on her way.

"Relena wait!..', Heero called but she didn't responded. He sighed and kicked a small boulder beside him, 'Hmmh, Relena, why are you so stubborn! Like Zechs, uh!', and right then he saw Relena's teddy bear, and took it ... Oh, she forgot this... Heero walked back towards the Darlian's estate as he recollected the painful memories of that teddy bear. Of how he had accidentally caused the death of a girl and her dog during one of his mission. He was so distracted that he didn't realized he was being followed until it was too late!

Heero tensed, "Come out! I know you're out there! What do you want!?" At his call, four men in black emerges from around him. One of them spoke, 'We want you!"

Heero gasped, 'Huh!? For what! I don't know you guys!" he answered back. "You're a Gundam pilot, that's why we're taking you in!" The four men came closing in on him. Heero hissed as he looked around for an escape route. Yes! Saw it!, he thought as he took out his gun, shot the man in front of him, and jump towards a tree branch.

He quickly disappeared. The leader followed him behind and fired a shot at Heero! The shot hit Heero on his left hand. Heero jumped to the ground and ran. As he ran, he could see the Darlian's estate in the distance. He had a surge of hope but suddenly began to feel dizzy. He stumbled to the ground. The teddy bear that he had been holding tight, had slipped away. He tried to get up but his strength left him.

Damn! Tranquilizer bullets!, he thought as he looked at his injured hand. Heero tried crawling towards the estate, as he saw the four men came, smiling as their target had been surrounded and paralyzed. Before he passed out, he desperately shouted for Relena, to no avail...

[TBC]