Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ Crash Course ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 14- Crash Course

"How is Dorothy doing?" asks Quatre when he reaches the Communication's Room.

"Not so good. She's hemorrhaging. If she doesn't get some help soon, she might not survive," replies Relena.

Heero's image comes over the comm system. "Quatre. Charsen has set off some kind of system that is making all the colonies plunge towards Earth. You have to stop them before they hit. I estimate you have fifteen minutes before the first one reaches Earth's orbit."

"What's happening?" asks Sai Mee.

"Bad news. Charsen sent the colonies to crash into Earth. We have to stop them within fifteen minutes. No now will survive if we don't."

"Relena, we need your help. We have to find the program that is connected to the colonies."

They both spend a couple of minutes searching the main computer. "Found it," cries Sai Mee. "We need to find the codes to stop the launch."

"Let me try," says Quatre. He starts hacking through the system, bypassing locks. Eleven minutes pass. "I've gotten to the last blockade. All I need is the password."

"You have less than two minutes."

"I can't figure it out," says Quatre, frustrated.

"Thirty seconds left." The seconds pass; their hearts pound in their chests. "Fifteen seconds."

Dorothy, who has been listening the whole time, finds the strength to say, "Olympus."

Quatre quickly punches in the code, stopping the crash course.

"The colonies are returning to their original locations. Wait... Colony M13 is continuing to descend towards Earth. Although it was one of the last colonies, it'll reach Earth's orbit within ten minutes," says Sai Mee.

"I'll alert Heero," says Quatre. "Heero, we've managed to stop all the colonies but Colony M13. It's a very small industrial colony but it can still cause the end of the world. The only way to stop it is to get aboard and override the system."

"Understood," says Heero.

***

Heero sets the boosters to full blast and speeds towards Colony M13. He slices through the door and hurries towards the Control Room. He takes no notice of the people screaming and running in the streets. Passing over buildings and closed doors, Heero finds his way to the room. He quickly exits Wing Zero Custom and enters the Control Room.

"I can't seem to get pass the blocking system, sir," says a worker at the controls.

"Keep trying. Too many lives are at stake. If we don't get out of this before we enter the Earth's gravitational pull, then all is lost. We'll have no choice but to self-detonate the station," replies the commanding officer of the colony.

"Let me give it a try," says Heero.

The man lets him by and Heero starts pressing in codes and hacking pass locked systems.

"Hurry Heero. The final password is 'Olympus'," says Quatre over the picture comm.

"Done," says Heero.

"We're too late," cries another control worker. "We're being pulled by the Earth's gravitation."

"The only way to stop your fall is to reroute all power to the boosters to propel the colony out of the Earth's orbit," orders Relena over the comm.

Heero starts pushing in keys and soon they feel the colony shake under the thrust from the boosters. "It's not enough," says Heero with desperation.

"Get the self-destruct system ready. We'll go out on my count," says the commander.

"Heero! No!" exclaims Relena.

The colony shakes again, making everyone think the end has come. "Wait..." says the control man, "We're moving back into space."

"What?" shouts everyone.

"The mobile suits, they're pushing us back."

An image of the outside of the colony comes on the view screen. The Gundams as well as the Griffons are driving the colony back with full force.

***

"Come on everyone. We have to work together as one to save the colony and Earth," says Zechs.

Thousands of mobile suits have covered the side of the colony. Many still join in on the rescue mission. They push as one force, dropping any thoughts of prejudice and aversion towards the enemy.

***

"We've made it out of Earth's orbit. We're in the clear," yells the worker.

***

"We did it," says Zechs, "We did it together."

***

"What happened?" asks Dorothy weakly.

"They stopped the colony," says Relena.

"Now let's get you to a hospital," says Quatre sympathetically.

"You would still be kind to me after all I did to you?" asks Dorothy.

"Of course," says Quatre, "If you didn't notice by now, I do care about you a lot. I know your a kind person at heart. That's why I love you."

The war comes to an end.