Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Secret Society
P1-Gone All at Once
P2-Questions with no Answers
P3-Disturbing Situation
P4-All Hail the Queen
P5-All up in smoke
P6-Begin Training
P7-New Surprises
P8-Breaking Free
P9-Relena's Decision
P10-Declaration
P11-Meet on the Battlefield
P12-A New Leader
P13-Challenge
P14-Crash Course
P15-Epilogue

The year is after Colony 198 when peace has spread across the colonies and earth. Weapons and mobile suits have been eradicated and the Gundams have been self-destructed. It is a time for celebrating life. But as long as humans have the will to fight, peace will always hang in the balance...

Part 1-Gone All at Once
8:00 p.m., Christmas Eve- Earth Sphere Unified Nation's Headquarters, Lexinburg
"Today marks the two year anniversary of the end of the war between space and earth, but we are not here to honor the war. We are here to celebrate the peace that has come after it..." begins Relena Darlain, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation.
Lady Une, Mariemaia, Sally Po, Dorothy Catalonia, and Wufei have gathered with hundreds of others guests who have come to listen to Relena's speech and take part in the festivities surrounding the celebration at the Earth Sphere Unified Nation's Headquarters where the former Cinq Kingdom lay.
"I'm still amazed at how Relena can capture the full attention of the audience," says Lady Une with a smile, her long brown hair flowing over her shoulders.
"Yes, but she has that affect on everyone," replies Mariemaia to her surrogate mother.
"She's been that way ever since I knew her," chimes in Sally. "I don't know anyone else who can attract so many people with just her words," adds Dorothy.
Wufei watches in silence at the former Queen of the earth as she makes her speech to all of earth and the colonies. He's been Sally's partner in the Preventors group since a stop was put to Mariemaia's attempt to gain independence from the Earth Sphere Unified Nation a year earlier that involved a battle. Tonight the former pilot of the Gundam, Nataku, had a job to make sure the festivities went on without any problems.
As the four companions continued their conversation, Wufei spotted a black figure quickly move behind the curtain. "I'll be back," he said. Before the others could inquire further about where he was going, the 18-year-old, black-haired Chinese soldier had vanished.
"Although he now wears the Preventor's uniform, he is still the same Gundam pilot I met three years ago," remarks Sally.

***

He dashed towards the area where the figure had been sighted only moments before. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw it run out the back door.

"No one gets away from me," Wufei thought to himself.

He hurriedly chased after the intruder behind the building corner, but to his surprise, he found it entirely deserted. At that moment, a net had covered him and five figures identical to the one seen earlier ambushed him from behind. He was trapped. Before he could retaliate, he felt a hard blow to the back of his head and he blanked out.

8:00 p.m., Christmas Eve- Former Arabia
"Master Quatre, we're already late for the party and it's only two blocks away at Desert Park," says Abduel. "I can already hear the music."

"All right, I'll be ready in a few minutes," replies 18-year-old Quatre with chuckle.

"Be patient with Master Quatre. He's been working hard on finalizing the plans for the Winner Trust Fund for the Homeless," scolds Rashid.

"Why don't you all of you go now and I'll catch up with you later," suggests Quatre.

"That sounds like a good idea," says Rashid, "I'll wait for you right outside the park."

As his 40 some odd friends leave, Quatre gets ready for the party. He puts on a nice gray suit and combs his blonde hair.

***

As he is walking down the street between the adobe looking houses, he ponders over the thought that he still can't believe that earth and space have finally found peace. It was only a year ago that he fought Mariemaia and Dekim with his trusty Gundam, Sandrock. "I wonder if I'll see Dorothy tomorrow. I want to give her the necklace I bought for her. I hope she will like it."

Halfway to the park, Quatre accidentally bumps into a woman going in the opposite direction. "Excuse me," apologizes Quatre, but the woman pays no attention to him.

Looking down at the ground, he spots a green handkerchief left by the woman. Being the gentleman that he is, he shouted to her that she dropped her hankie. But, the woman continues on her way.

"That's strange," he thinks, "I'm sure she could hear me. I might as well chase after her." With that thought, he tries to catch up with her.

After following her down a few streets, he finally reaches her around a corner. But to his amazement, it's empty. Quatre feels a sharp pain in the back of his neck and then he can feel his body drop to the ground. Darkness.

8:00 p.m. Christmas Eve- Colony L4, A Scrapyard
"Duo," cries Hilde, "Aren't you ready yet? I swear you take more time to get ready than any girl I know, and you spend most of your time trying to fix your hair!"

Duo, the 18-year-old ex-Gundam pilot of Deathscythe, is in the bathroom listening through the closed door while braiding his long, dark brown hair for the celebration held in the L4 Grand Conference Center. "Hey, I may take a long time, but I gotta look nice for all the girls out there," he yelled back jokingly. "Besides I do have a lot of hair, and if you don't want to go with a human bush to the party, then you'll have to wait."

Hilde gave up her attempt to hurry Duo up and annoyingly sat in the couch in the small house they lived in. She turned on the television and started to watch the telecast of Relena's speech.

Duo, who was nearly finished with his braid, noticed he had forgotten his tie and loudly asked, "Could you bring me my tie that's outside on the dinner table?" After a minute of no response, Duo assumed that Hilde might be a little angry with him for being so slow.

He thought an apology might be in order: "I know I can be stubborn at times, but you know how I am. Please don't be mad." No response again. Now Duo was starting to get suspicious. "Hilde?" he called out with a tinge of worry in his voice.

Just then, he could see something that resembled gas seep up from under the door. Duo burst out into the living room which was filled with the substance. It reminded him of the times he flew through the clouds with Deathscythe back when he was a Gundam pilot.

"Hilde?" he cried. He could barely see one foot in front of him, making him stumble over a scrap piece from the yard. His body flat on the ground, Duo looked up the see the limp body of Hilde on the couch. "Hilde!" With Hilde in his sight, he struggled to get up, but he suddenly became too weary to lift any part of his body. The last thing he sees is five black shapes in gas masks moving towards him.

8:00 p.m., Christmas Eve- Colony 193, in the Circus Tent
"We'll have a packed crowd tonight," says Catherine to her younger 18-year-old brother.

"I know Cathy," replies Trowa.

"A lot of people have decided to celebrate the war's end by coming to out circus show. I can remember the first time we did a show together, Trowa. I nearly missed your head with the knife I was throwing."

Behind the curtain, Catherine took a look at the people piling in for the performance. "You better start getting dressed into your costume," says Catherine. Trowa obediently heads for his trailer.

On his way there, he takes some time to pay a visit to the lions who are laying silently in their cages. He pets his friends and their tails start wagging at the boy with medium brown hair in his face.

Suddenly, Trowa feels a sting in his back and turns around to find five human shaped figures advance his way. By now he would have had all five of them lying unconscious on the ground, but instead, he found himself lying there unable to move. He reaches behind his back and pulls out a dart that hit him. His eyes close and the sound of the lion's roaring at the intruders fade into silence.

8:00 p.m., Christmas Eve- Former U.S.A, Central Park
Heero Yuy looks up at the jumbo screen which provides a live shot of Relena giving her speech to all of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. He reminisces about the first time he met the young girl on the beach three years ago when he was 15. He had tried to commit suicide because she had seen his face- it now seemed ironic how she was the only reason he could go on living.

Many people had gathered in the vicinity to witness her speech. They were already starting to cheer and exchange good tidings. Heero was not the type of person who took part in large showings of emotion. In that case, he decided to leave and take a nice quiet stroll in Central Park.

The trees looked like shadows standing in the calm night air as the city lights danced across the lake on the little waves. His dark brown hair waved in the cold breeze and he pulled his overcoat closer around him.

As he made his way down the trail, an alley cat made its way across his path. The cat screeched at him, but he bent down and extended his hand towards it. The cat was reluctant but soon acknowledged that Heero was harmless. He began to pet the stray, making it purr softly.

Then, the cat started to shriek at someone behind him. "Just another punk trying to rob me. I can handle him easily without hurting him too much," he thought.

He whirled around and stood up at the same time ready to face the bandit. Nothing. A noise from the bushes caught his attention and Heero jumped behind it. Instead of the thug he expected to find, he was face to face with four people dressed completely in black. But, before he could react, a agonizing shock knocked him unconscious.