Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ Questions With No Answers ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 2- Questions With No Answers
"This is unbelievable," says the frustrated Lady Une, "This just does not make any sense. What would anyone want with those boys? Haven't they sacrificed enough for the people? Don't they deserve to live in peace?"

Dorothy and Relena, who have the same baffled look on her face, could give no possible answer.

"How can three ex-Gundam pilots be missing?" asks Lady Une.

"Make that four," states Sally Po. Sally had just gotten off the phone with Hilde, who informed her that Duo was missing. "Hilde says she hadn't called earlier due to the effects of the sleeping gas," remarks Sally.

"That leaves Heero Yuy," discerns Dorothy.

"Not necessarily. They all seem to have disappeared at around 8:00 p.m. last night. Heero lived alone, so if he disappeared, no one would notice he was missing."

"You're right, Lady Une. I was just on my way to investigate in Central Park, but it seems I'm down a partner," declares Sally.

"How would you like two new partners?" questions a deep, low voice.

"Zechs Merquise and Lucrezia Noin! What are you doing here?" asks the surprised Lady Une.

"Actually, it's Lucrezia Merquise now, but that's another story. In any case, we received a distressed message from Sally, and we decided that you needed our help," replies the 22-year-old woman with black hair.

"But how did you know how to reach them, Sally?" says Dorothy.

"I didn't. I put out the message on a secret frequency that only a few people know how to use. I knew they would eventually get the message, although I didn't think it would be this soon. At any rate, my resources tell me that Heero was last seen walking through Central park. You two can accompany me there."

Relena who has been staring up at the sky the entire time has finally broken her silence: "Yes, let's go." Everyone turned their heads in slight shock at her comment.

"I don't think it would be wise for you to come along" says the 22-year-old Zechs, his long, blonde hair waving as he shakes his head. "You have too many important meetings and conferences to deal with. Let us worry about this situation."

Relena stared into his blue eyes. She had only discovered that he was her older brother a little less than three years ago, and she still felt as is she knew barely anything about him. "How could he understand? How could anyone understand what is going through my mind?" Relena thought.

"Please, I wish to find out if Heero has been kidnapped for myself," she said with a hint of sorrow in her voice.

Zechs was about to plea once more, but Lucrezia's hand on shoulder quickly stopped his actions. "All ready? Then let's go!"

***

Relena gazed out the window of the limousine that had picked her, Zechs, Lucrezia, and Sally up from the shuttle port and was taking them to Central park. Her thoughts bounced around in her head. "What if Heero was not kidnapped? What would she say to him? What if he was kidnapped? Where is he? What is happening to him?" But most of all- "What if he is dead?"

She tried to distract herself from thinking any further by asking her brother when he and Lucrezia had tied the knot. "Well," starts Zecks, "Right after the defeat of Mariemaia and Dekim, we departed for space together. At first, we drifted from colony to colony, but then we settled on the Moon in Lunar Base P. We lived together in a quaint two bedroom house and did what ever odd jobs came our way. During the time Lucrezia and I spent together, we became closer than we ever thought possible. A few months later, I asked her to marry me and here we are now, 5 months later."

"Do you plan on having any kids?" asks Sally with curiosity.

"Not yet," answers Lucrezia sheepishly, "We don't plan to until we're ready." By the time she finishes that last statement, they have reached their destination.

***

"We're here," calls the chauffeur.

Relena feels a shiver go down her back.

They meet up with the Earth Sphere soldiers on the crime scene. "Were there any witnesses?" says Noin.

"Just one. Him," says the officer, pointing towards a dowdily groomed man. "His name is Blooser McDingy."

The four investigators approach the squalid man. "Excuse me, sir. We'd like to ask you a few questions pertaining to anything that may have happened last night," Sally states politely.

"Yeah, sure, whatevers."

Zechs inquires first, "Did you see anything strange happen around here?"

"A lot of strange things happen around here. Like this one time I saw this bird flying upside down and I saw this cat with two tails and..."

"I mean, did you see anything strange last night?" cuts in Zechs with a sigh.

"Oh. Yeah I saw something strange," says Mr. McDingy. They patiently wait a few minute for his answer.

"Do you mind telling us?" cries Sally.

"Oh. You wanted me to tell you about it. Okay. Well, I remember it was 8:00 p.m. 'cuz that girl was on the screen."

"You mean me," says Relena.

"Yeah. Wow. I never met a famous person before. Can I have your autograph?"

"Maybe later."

"Anyways, I was ready to go to bed. I had hidden myself behind a tree 'cuz I never like get arrested for sleeping in the park. Well, I was just about to close my eyes when I heard a cat screech. I could clearly see the path from my position and I saw this boy petting the cat. Well, I thought it was nothing so I went back to getting some shut eye. But that darn cat started to screech again. So I opens my eyes ready to yell at it, but I see the boy jump six feet off the ground and in back of the nearby bush. You know, I thought to myself that that boy must be some superhuman or maybe taking some steroids..."

"Mr. McDingy!"

"Oh, yeah, so well, the next thing I know there is a flash of light and I hear the boy yell out in pain. Being the brave man that I am, I rush over to help out. Only there's nothing there."

"Could you show us where the boy leapt?" asks Relena.

"Sure, over here," Mr. McDingy says as he leads the four of them behind the bush.

"Thank you Mr. McDingy. We appreciate your help," says Relena kindly.

"Anytime. Could I have that autograph now?"

***

Sally, Zechs, Noin, and Relena examine the area closely. "There doesn't seem to be any struggle here. But, from what I heard from Mr. McDingy, I think Heero was probably knocked out by a hand shocker," determines Sally.

"Zechs and I found some footprints. Five to be exact. But they don't lead anywhere," a disappointed Lucrezia retorts.

"So you mean we have nothing to go on?" says Relena annoyed.

"We at least know now that all five Gundam pilots were abducted. But now our problem is even more crucial," states Sally. "Since there's nothing more we can do here, I suggest we head back."