Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ All Up in Smoke ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 5- All Up in Smoke
Sally sits patiently scanning the material on the computer screen, hoping to find something of use in the investigation. She takes a sip of the coffee and sighs. "My sixth cup. 34 hours of no sleep. Solving a case was never this hard when I had a partner. Wufei. Where are you my friend?" Sally ponders. Just then Lucrezia walks in.

"I've got a lead. It's not much, but at least it's something" Lucrezia says.

"What is it?"

"The sleeping gas that was used to knock out Duo and Hilde can only be purchased at only four places: Dantes Corp., Higa Gas Co., Hillside Terrace, and Newtown Center. Whoever used the gas had to have received it from one of these locations. Zechs and Dorothy have gone to check out the first two. You and I are assigned to the last two."

"All right, let's go," cries Sally with enthusiasm.

***

"We can scratch Dantes Corp. off the suspects. They haven't sold sleeping gas in four years. Let's check out Higa Gas Co.," instructs Dorothy.

Later at Higa Gas Co., Zechs and Dorothy meet with the Mr. Thorn, Chief of Finances. "Mr. Thorn, would you mind telling us if anyone has purchased sleeping gas from your company recently? It would greatly help us locate our friends," Dorothy says.

"I'll have to check our record sells. Hold on a moment." Mr. Thorn types a few keys on the keyboard and clicks a few icons. Soon a list of the past sells appears. "Well, it seems we sold a couple of cans about five months ago. That's strange," he says.

"What is it?" questions Zechs.

"There doesn't seem to be a name for the recipient. Let me check the back up file. No, nothing," he states bewildered.

"Do you have an address you might have sent the items to?" asks Zechs.

"It would be with the file. But, wait. I remember that I took down the address down on paper to give to the mailing office, but I forgot to give it to them." Mr. Thorn shuffles around his papers. "Here."

Dorothy grabs the piece of paper before anyone gets a chance to look over it and says, "Thank you very much for your help Mr. Thorn."

"My pleasure. I hope you two find your friends soon. Have a good day."

***

Back at the Earth Sphere Unified Nation Headquarters, Zechs and Dorothy meet up with Sally and Lucrezia. "We didn't have any luck. How about you two?, inquires Lucrezia.

"An address," answers Dorothy.

She pulls out a piece of paper and shows it to everyone. The address says:
1461 Charger Rd.
Pearl City, Colony M2

"What are we waiting for?!" shouts Sally.

"I'm going to have to pass this trip. Lady Une has assigned me the job of guarding Relena since...since Wufei can't be found," Dorothy says somberly. "I'll see you later."