Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ Begin Training ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 6- Begin Training
6:00 a.m.
"Queen Herania is so ingenious. She has thought of everything. She knew that it would be a wise decision to let the Gundams believe that they are the only prisoner. Together they are invincible, but apart they are weak," thinks General Charsen, "Having them train our soldiers at different times of the day is bothersome, but it has it's reasons."

"Bring Wufei to the training arena," orders the General.

Three girls about 16 in age quickly leave to do their task. Charsen stares with admiration at the colossal room 5 miles wide by 6 miles long by 1 mile high. The Amazon Nation had gone through great lengths to aquire the outlet. Soon the three girls returned with Wufei in handcuffs.

"Amazing, isn't it? You'll be seeing it everyday from now on so don't get too excited. This is our training area, the Coliseum, as we prefer to call it. It has traps and obstacles throughout the entire room. Today, we will be seeing how you fair against them," General Charsen states with pleasure. "We've set the hardest level of combat to test your skills. Lieutenant Sai Mee will escort you to your mobile suit."

Shortly after, a 17-year-old Chinese girl, appeared before him. Her mid-length ebony colored hair was tied into a neat ponytail and her brown eyes looked kind and amiable although her expression was very serious.

She leads him into a room where five Leos were being kept. "A Leo!?" cries Wufei. "Is this the best you Amazons have? How do expect me to fight?"

"We want to see how well you can do with the least you have available. If you are as good as they say you are, then you should have no trouble at all," Sai Mee says, almost complimenting him. "This is your suit," she says pointing the one to the far right, and she quickly unlock his handcuffs. "When you are ready, just push the button on the wall."

After getting set and pushing the button, Wufei proceeds into the vast room. He patiently waits at one end. Suddenly, a fire blast shoots out from the wall. He jumps out of the way just in time. "I can't be too careless anymore." He pulls out his beam saber and stands ready for any surprises. Ten laser cannons emerge from all sides of the walls, and they begin to send waves of shots at Wufei. Flying quickly, he directs his Leo back and forth across the room in order to dodge the laser shots. Then, one by one he slices through the metal weapons. Right after he takes out the last cannon, four mobile dolls come from a side door. "Finally, some competition." He charges the first doll and slashes through it with ease. After pulling out the saber from the first doll, Wufei heads for the second, but it dodges his swipe. The other two start firing their blaster cannons at Wufei and one succeeds in damaging his arm. In a fury, he cuts through the doll. One doll manages to separate him from his Beam saber, but he charges the doll and grabs his Beam cannon. He blasts the last two in no time at all.

Above, General Charsen and Lieutenant Sai Mee watch with interest. "He is very good," comments Sai Mee, "He took 2 hours and 22 minutes to complete the level. He beat my time by 4 minutes."

"Yes, he is good, but not as good as me. I completed it in exactly 2 hours," replies Charsen with pride. "Take him back to his cell and bring the next prisoner. I want to see what the others can do."

***

Quatre sat patiently pondering over the Amazon's troublesome plans and over the test battle he just went through in the Coliseum. He preferred not to fight, but they were forcing him to.

"Why do people always seem to fight? Why can't they accept peace and embrace it? I don't understand some people. They remind me so much of Dorothy during the war." He relaxed a little with the thought of her.

She had apologized to him shortly after the end of the war. After that, she would often visit him at his estate. Taking walks in the park or riding horses were their favorite activities to do. He had grown very fond of her.

"I can't let anything happen to her or the Earth Sphere Unified Nation, but the only way I can do is to cooperate with the Amazons...for now."

***

"Hey, can I have my phone call now? Everyone is entitled to one, you know?" says Duo to Sai Mee as she takes him back to his chamber.

"I'm sorry but I can't allow that."

"I got to ask, what kind of hosts are you? You don't even provide satellite TV," Duo says sarcastically.

The door slamming was his only response.

"Man, how did I ever get into this situation? I let my guard down for a little while and look what happens. And, the worst thing about it was that were all girls. Why did it have to be girls? Hilde will surely have my neck when she finds out that I've been around girls the whole time I was gone. That is, if I ever get back home."