Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ Declaration ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own only what I made up, though I wish I made up Gundam Wing and its characters.

AN: I wrote the whole story in present tense, then found out that it was kinda funny that way so I was going to change the whole thing to past tense, but I'm too lazy. So for now you just have to read it in present tense.

Part 10-Declaration

Heero charged the Aries suit in front of him nearly slicing through the hard metal leg. The Aries attacked back, but missed completely. Heero then cut through the opponent's shoulder.

"You do very well against simple soldiers, but how would you fare against a general?" says General Charsen from her newly arrived Taurus suit. "I've been wanting to test my abilities against yours ever since you first got here. I was just so busy with all the duties the Queen has been giving me that I didn't have time. Well, I've made time and let's just see how good you are." Right after she finished her introduction, she leapt at Heero.

He blocked her thrust and jumped back. She followed him and attempted to cut off his arm, but he stopped her assault and attacked back. They flew back and forth across the room blocking each others thrusts.

Charsen nearly had the upperhand when a transmission interrupted their duel. "I want to see you, General Charsen."

"It seems we have to continue our imbroglio later," she says through her scowl as she leaves the Coliseum. She really hated it when the Queen called upon her when she was in the middles of something.

***

"How are the girls doing in their training?" inquires a cool Queen Herania.

"They are doing masterfully. We are ready for anything you wish us to accomplish," answers General Charsen.

"Excellent. We've waited long enough. I believe it is time for the beginning of a new era."

***

Meanwhile, at Headquarters, Relena and Zechs have finished their Gundam practice and have joined Lady Une, Lucrezia, and Sally Po. They anxiously await the announcement that will air across the Nation to everyone. A shadowed figure appears on the screen:

"I, Queen Herania, wish to address all of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation on behalf of my people. We, the nation of the Amazons, want absolute control of the Earth Sphere government, and we desire to achieve this with as little devastation as possible that is why we ask you now to offer us your complete surrender. If in the event that you are unwilling to comply with this demand, then we will fight for domination and declare complete war against the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. We will give you twenty-four hours to arrive at a decision. I will be waiting here on the Lunar Tower. I hope to hear from you soon, Miss Relena." The speaker steps out of the shadows as she says her last few words, revealing the woman behind the masquerade.

"That was Dorothy," shouts Relena in shock. "I can't believe that Dorothy was behind this charade the whole time."

"It all makes sense now. That's why our leads always went nowhere. She's been tampering with the info and leading us on a wild goose chase," adds Sally.

"Now our troubles have tripled," says Zechs.

"What do we do now?" asks Sally. "We can't give up the government, but we can't battle her. We don't know anything about her resources."

Lady Une, who just got off the phone, says, "The President and members of the Senate have called an immediate meeting. I suggest we all attend."

***

Four hours into the meeting, the representatives have still not come to an agreement.

"We already said that we can't give into her demands. We just can't hand the government to some girl. That will cause uprising from the people. We have a few hundred Taurus suits that we salvaged from the last war. We can use them to defend the government."

"But, we can't fight her," argues another representative. "We don't know how many reinforcements she may have. We don't know how much fire power she has. For all we know she could have thousands of mobile suits."

"I think it's time we reveal our secret," whispers Relena to Lady Une.

"I agree," says Lady Une. "Gentlemen, I have an statement I want to share with you. The Preventors have built six Gundams as a precaution in case something like this ever occurred. I don't know how this will affect your opinions, but it gives you something to think about."

Muttering began to envelope the hall as officials turned to each other to whisper their comments.

"You don't possibly think that six Gundams can take out a whole armada of mobile suits? To many lives are at stake. Even if the pilots were those boys, I doubt they could destroy all the troops. And, weren't they kidnapped? Who will be piloting them?"

"The pilots are Sally Po, Zechs and Lucrezia Merquise, Relena Darlain, and me."

"That's crazy. You are all much too important to the Earth Sphere to die out there on the battlefield."

"He's right. You are all influential to the people. We couldn't possibly lose you."

"Listen to me, please," shouts Relena above the commotion, "We all know the risks of going out there. We believe that our lives are expendable compared to all the people in the world. We don't want anyone to get hurt. We've wasted enough time. I for one can no longer sit here debating over whether or not you all want to take action. If you can't agree on a single decision, then I will make it for you. Are there any objections?"

More mumbling escaped the lips of the officials, but soon they all quieted down.

"Good. Then, I suggest you alert the people of our decision to fight."