Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shikanenai ❯ It's Up to Duo ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shikanenai - Part 2

Series: Gundam Wing

Standard Disclaimers:

Yes, yes, the rules are still the same . . . we may write fanfiction as long as we don't claim ownership of Gundam Wing or those kawaii little bishounen. To quote from our own Justice Boy's official battlecry (coming soon to a ficlet near you . . . maybe), "Futou!!" No, he didn't just say what you think he did!! Sheesh, you friggin' potty mouths! *audience sweatdrops* But I did, however, write this story. It is born of my own insanity, my views on life, and, of course, those dopey li'l romance novel induced ice-cream urges.

Spoilers: Up to Ep 25, I think.

Rating: for reasons below . . . PG-13

Warnings:

It's a slight AU(ok, alt-timeline), fluff, angst, drama - Duo-chained-up - ( not like that you hentais ;), some violence, lime content (some characters have sex but it's not described play for play), and some swearing.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

Shikanenai

- capable of anything

By Duo no Tsuin

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

PART TWO

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

"Hmm. Wh-what? Where . . . ?" Duo muttered sleepily as he opened his eyes. Wherever he was, it was dark. The poison? He felt something cold and soft beneath his naked skin. Naked! He felt around him. Well, not completely, anyway. As his eyes adjusted, Duo realized he was back in his room. Only a dream, he thought. He began to sit up, Only a . . . OW! The pain in his abdomen told him otherwise. He groaned at the memory more than the pain. A noise. Movement.

"Hm. So, you're alive."

Duo looked up. "Disappointed?"

Heero did not answer. "You took a heavy dose of poison and have been unconscious for a day. Your fever has gone down some . . . feel like seeing any visitors?"

Duo's trademark grin suddenly appeared. "Yeah, how's Quatre and every . . ." Duo tried to sit up again, but his head pounded and swam.

"Poison's still not completely gone. And you still have all of your bumps and bruises as proof of your mistake."

"One thing I've always admired about you, Heero, is your kindness toward others during their time of need. When did I get the antidote?"

"When we got back here. Passing out only made your condition worse. Easier for the poison to work that way."

"Yeah, well, it's not like I had much of a choice in the matter."

Heero looked as if he planned to say more, but he never got the chance.

"Duo!" Quatre cried as he walked into the room.

"Hey, Quatre. What's up?"

Quatre sat on the bed and pressed his wrist to Duo's forehead. "Your temperature, that's what."

"Quatre, I . . ." Trowa stopped as he walked into the room. "Duo's awake, I see."

"Yes, finally. We were worried about you."

"All of you?"

"Well, you finally woke up."

"Good to see you too, Wufei."

"Well, Heero, Trowa, and I . . ."

"Need to get out, now," Quatre ordered. "Duo needs to rest if he's to ever fully recuperate. Understood?"

Wufei nodded and left. "As you wish, Quatre," Trowa said. Then he too turned and left. That left only Heero. Heero continued to look at Duo's weakened form.

"That goes for you as well, Heero."

"But . . ."

"Duo can debrief later. Your questions will have to wait." Reluctantly, Heero turned and left. Quatre followed him to the door and closed it. "Now that we're alone, how are you feeling, Duo."

"I'm sore, stiff, tired, hungry, thirsty, and I want to get up out of this bed."

"Not so fast. The poison is still in your system . . ."

"As Heero pointed out. Now, can I at least have a glass of water."

"Of course." Quatre moved to the night stand and poured a glass of water from the iced pitcher already there. "Here, try this."

"Thanks." Duo sat up slowly, received the glass, and quickly downed the soothing liquid.

"More?"

"Thanks." He took another sip. "So what was that doing here?"

"Heero's been in here since he brought you in. He refused to leave the room. I made him promise that he would leave once you woke up."

Duo nearly choked on his next sip of water. "Heero? The Heero that we know?"

"Uh huh," Quatre nodded.

"Who would've thought . . . ?"

"You underestimate him."

"He probably just wanted to ask me questions as soon as he could. In fact, that's what he was trying to do when you walked in."

"Sorry."

"No reason to be sorry. It wasn't going anywhere."

He had said it before he even realized he had thought it. Quatre smiled.

Duo set his glass down and yawned. "Guess I'm still tired." Again, he winced as he stretched. "Any chance I could get a painkiller or two to go with my water?"

Quatre shook his head. "Sorry, Duo. Not until the poison is completely gone. Only then, can we be sure there will be no drug interactions."

"Okay, but you owe me." Duo laid back down. "Now would be a good time to catch up on my lost sleep."

"Goodnight, Duo." Quatre rose to leave.

"Night, Quatre. But first, just answer two things. Who undressed me? And how did I get so clean?"

Quatre smiled. "Goodnight, Duo." He closed the door behind him.

Duo stared at the chair facing his bed. If he wasn't so tired, he could almost swear there was an imprint left of Heero's body in the chair. "Thanks, Heero."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

"So, how is he doing?" Trowa asked Quatre.

"He regained consciousness. That's always a good sign. He was thirsty and expressed an interest in food. He wanted to get up, but his body is not cooperating."

"Should you have the doctor do some more blood work soon?"

"Tomorrow. Let him rest first. Anyway, when the fever is gone the poison should be as well. His fever is down, but he still needs much more rest. That reminds me . . . Heero?"

"Hm?"

"Duo just went to sleep, but you can check on him later if you want to. It seems that the worst of it is behind him."

"Hm. So it seems."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Later that night, Heero entered Duo's room quietly. He walked to Duo's side. Duo was sleeping heavily. Heero moved to the chair that he had left facing Duo and sat. Sleep well, Duo.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Duo's sleep was troubled. He tossed and turned. Heero stood and walked over to Duo's bedside. Duo's brow was covered in sweat. The fever? Heero's hand went to Duo's forehead. Hand hovering just about the skin, he could still feel the intense heat. Duo moved suddenly, mumbling incoherent words as his brow creased in frustration. In his sleep, Duo reached for something. He grabbed Heero's retreating hand. Heero tried to pull away, but Duo only held on tighter, pulling him closer. He's strong in his sleep. Both hands lie entangled upon Duo's sheet-covered chest. It started with a hand and soon became more. At first, Duo just laid clutching Heero's hand. But when Duo rolled onto his side, Heero's hand went with him. He now stood leaning over the bed at an awkward angle.

This development left Heero with few options. He could either wake Duo up or just forcibly remove his hand. But Quatre would get upset, being as protective of the defenseless as he is. And when someone upsets Quatre, they then have Trowa to contend with. And it was too late in the day to start a fight.

Duo's braid lay across the bed. The sheet around him lay limply behind, exposing the taught muscles of his back. His side rose and fell in a steadier rhythm now. Could Heero's presence have helped? Of course not. As Heero continued to watch the American sleep, he realized how vulnerable Duo was. Heero sighed.

Slowly, taking care not to disturb the slumbering Duo, Heero moved Duo's braid aside and sat on the bed next to him. The bed shifted under the weight, but Duo did not wake. Time passed. Heero tried once more to remove his hand, but Duo continued to hold onto him possessively. Oh, well. Heero laid down on the bed next to Duo. May as well wait it out. Nothing will happen that Duo doesn't want to.

As the night grew darker, Heero continued to observe Duo's progress while on his side. On this night, he slept more soundly. But what had changed?

When the moon had begun to rise, Duo rolled over once more. Only now, he faced Heero. Instead of his face being overly enthusiastic or caught in a moment of pain, it was almost peaceful. Or do we all look like that when we sleep?

Almost unknown to himself, his free hand went toward Duo's face. He told himself it was to check his temperature, which had gone, but he never registered it in his mind. Something else demanded his attention. Duo's unruly chestnut bangs hung low over his hooded eyes. His delicate eyelashes hovered over the sensitive skin at the base of his eye sockets. Between them was his impish nose, And, below them, those ridiculous cheeks.

Though moving slowly, his probing hand nearly grazed Duo's cheek, which appeared slightly discolored. A bruise? Heero looked concerned to the other cheek. Discoloration was there was well. Duo . . . His gaze moved lower. Duo's mouth was almost curved in a slight grin. But his lips were not of their usual even shade. While in the prison, most likely during an interrogation, Duo had somehow split his lip. Heero frowned. Curious, he moved a finger to probe the swollen lip. Swollen when hit. But when swollen due to . . . Heero froze just before coming in contact with the smooth skin. Was he going to add what he thought he might add? Of course not. What an unsubstantiated thought. He drew his hand away. I would never . . . we would never . . . but what if . . . ?

Duo's movement interrupted Heero's thoughts. Duo moved toward Heero. He backed away as far as he could, which was only to end up lying back down on the bed. Though still asleep, Duo moved assuredly toward Heero. In his sleep, Duo sought a firm pillow and wrapped his arms around it. A contented grin spread across his face.

Still in shock, Heero made no move. You've done it now. You are going to pay for this one. He closed his eyes in thought and breathed out slowly and silently. Somehow, Duo had managed to roll on top of the arm whose hand he had held. I wonder if I can move it. He found that he could. Heero looked down. Through the chestnut bangs he could faintly see Duo's sleeping grin. Oh, well. May as well make use of these peaceful moments. Though being around Duo is nowhere near peaceful. Heero closed his eyes. And despite his previous thoughts, he was soon lulled peacefully asleep due to Duo's calming breaths and the rhythmic beats of his heart.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

When Duo awoke the next morning, he felt revitalized. He sighed. If that poison's not gone now, then I must still be feeling its effects. He smiled brightly. Regaining his other senses and the usual awareness that one needed as a Gundam pilot, Duo suddenly realized that he wasn't alone. That or I squashed my pillow flat. But could I make it this firm? Or . . . Cautiously Duo opened one eye. I don't remember this bed having green pillows. And since when do pillows hold you back? Duo's eyes grew wide in shock. Heero!

Duo could now see that he was lying against Heero's chest with both arms embracing him. Oh, no. Heero's going to kill me. But why hasn't he done it already? And why is he lying on my bed? And why is he holding me! Duo's mind was racing a mile a minute. Oh, God. What should I do? Who knows what'll happen when Heero wakes up? Maybe nothing . . . but maybe . . . I've got to get out of here! But how? There's always the option of running as fast as I can and hoping Heero doesn't notice. Or maybe if I just . . .

Duo tried to slide away from Heero and his grip. But Heero mumbled something unintelligible in his sleep and moved closer to Duo with enough force to knock the chestnut hair back onto the pillow in shock. Wide eyed, Duo stared at this new development. A heavenly Heero had his head upon Duo's naked chest. Heavenly, yes, that's the only way to describe him. His eyes, though closed, look softer somehow. Duo's eyes roamed to Heero's mouth. He is almost smiling . . . like an angel.

Heero's breath was hot against his skin. His flesh felt hot. Electricity flowed through him. He had dreamed things like this, but this situation was different. The moment itself was Heaven. Being wrapped in Heero's arms was heaven. And that's the way Duo wanted it. Just him, the God of Death, and Heero, his angel of . . . his angel . . . if only it could be true.

But Heero has Relena. Whenever anyone just mentions her name, he gets that faraway look in his eyes. And when he says her name, his voice has an edge to it. I don't know what it means . . . and I don't care to know. I just want this moment, just this one moment. That's all I ask. Heero's hair glistened in the early morning light and silently beckoned. One elongated bang fell close to Heero's closed eye. Carefully, Duo reached for it and moved it away. Looking once more at the calm and contented face of the sleeping Heero, duo leaned down and placed a light, lingering kiss in Heero's unruly hair. Sleep well, Heero. Sleep as long as you need to. I will still be here when you wake up. Duo's arms wound around the sleeping figure, putting him tighter into the slumbering embrace. This is how it should be. No wars. No Death. Just you and me, Heero. Together at last.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

"Quatre, are you all right?" Trowa asked the blond in his arms.

"I guess," Quatre sighed against Trowa's very well developed, naked chest.

"Worried about Duo?"

"Yeah. He suffered greatly at the hands of OZ."

"His wounds will heal soon."

"Physically, yes. But he holds so much inside. Though he thinks we don't see it, his cheerfulness is only a mask."

"We all have our masks."

"Especially us," Quatre mumbled below his breath.

"What, Quatre?"

"Duo and I are a lot alike . . . but I have you. Duo has . . ."

"A watchful Heero at his bedside."

Quatre smiled at his intuitive partner. "Yes . . ."

"And you have me."

"You sound very self-assured this morning, Trowa," Quatre smiled playfully.

Trowa answered Quatre with one of those rare, soothing smiles and a gentle kiss upon his mouth. "Do not worry, my Quatre. Things will be better for Duo today."

"Do you think I should check on him?"

"Let him sleep. He will need it."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

As the light of noon crept through the window, Heero's eyes fluttered open and were, momentarily, blinded. What time is it, he wondered. A glance at the bedside clock revealed his suspicions. He groaned. Have I ever slept so long? Heero flexed his muscles as he continued to lie on the bed. The bed . . . "Duo . . ." he breathed.

"So you're finally awake, eh Heero?"

Temporarily startled, Heero reluctantly looked up into the bright violet eyes of Duo Maxwell.

"So. . . . do you want to explain?"

Heero sat up slowly. "Explain what?" he asked calmly.

Duo sat up quickly. "What you are doing here, of course!" Duo exclaimed as Heero stood. "It's not every day that I wake up in the arms of . . ."

"Stop it, Duo," Heero stated.

"Huh? But, Heero, you . . ."

"Went to check your progress during your fevered dreaming session and you grabbed me."

"I grabbed you! Hold on, who woke up with his arms around whom? Okay, bad example. But you could have said something."

Heero stood still with his back to Duo. Silence.

"Dammit, Heero! Talk to me!"

Still silence.

Duo dropped back onto the bed, crossing his arms behind his head. "You confuse me, you know. One minute you're practically pouncing on me in your sleep and the next you won't even answer me. What a waste. What a perfectly good waste of time that turned out to be."

Silent seconds became silent moments, passing slowly and agonizingly. "Good?"

"Yeah. That's what I said. A good waste of time."

"Perfectly good."

"Yeah, yeah. Perfectly good. So perfect that I almost forgot."

"About what?"

"Everything! You, me, the others, the war, even . . ."

"Even what?"

"Even," Duo nearly choked out the name, "Relena."

"Relena . . ."

Oh, great. Now you've done it, Duo.

"What about her?"

"The fact that she follows you around and . . ." Duo trailed off. He could say no more.

"Finish it, Duo."

You don't ever kill her. "Hn. She's the one who can get through to you. The only one."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"Everyone sees it, Heero. The way you look at her when she figures you out, the way she looks at you . . . both of your actions speak for themselves."

"And actions are your proof?"

"As clear as a cloudless sky."

"Then what does this say?"

"Wha . . ." Duo was silenced with a kiss as his eyes began to open. A light kiss. Or, at least, it began as such. Duo was too shocked to do anything. His body was rigid with shock. Heero's body was poised above his own, propping himself on two hands on either side of Duo's. Duo pulled back. "Heero, I . . . I've never . . ."

"Shut up. You talk to much." Heero's lips met his again but this time harder, more demanding. Heero's tongue moved in an agonizing circle around Duo's lips, enticing entry. As Duo sighed at the new feeling, his mouth opened and Heero slipped inside, exploring and silencing. Duo leaned his head back further into the tangled mass of his bed, driving Heero's exploration further. Duo groaned in pleasure, forcing his tongue to go forward. He could already taste Heero. And he needed more.

Duo's hands reflexively went around Heero's neck, bringing him closer still. Heero's arms gave away around him, moving to the flesh beneath. When Heero's hands first brushed Duo's skin, he shivered. Heero pulled back suddenly. "Okay?" He asked.

"Better than okay." Heero's lip curled into a smile. Have I ever seen him smile? If so, not like this.

Gently, Heero sought the swollen lips again. Swollen? Reluctantly, Heero pulled away. His concerned eyes fell to Duo's lips.

"What? Why did you stop?"

"Your lip."

"My . . . lip?" Duo's hand sought his query. The cut on his lip had started bleeding again. Memories flashed before his face.

Damn. His lips were already swollen. Now, I can hardly tear myself from them. "Wait here." Heero stood, walked to the door, left the room, and closed the door again.

Duo's eyes had followed him, shocked, as he left. Now, both from the shock and the unfilled urge within him, he frustratedly fell back onto the bed. Closing his eyes, he thought, What happened? Where did he go? How could he leave me like this . . . wanting more . . . needing more? Dammit! Hurry up, come back, and finish what you started! Duo's breathing was quick and unsteady. I never imagined it could be like this. Okay, I did, but I couldn't guess how my body . . . my whole being would be affected. His chest was unnaturally hot and had begun to feel clammy under Heero's presence. He shivered again. Hurry back, Heero. I think my fever's returned.

To be continued.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

Aw, poor Duo. Here they finally hook up and then he leaves the room. Heh heh heh. I'm so damn evil. Send c&c to: duonotuin@yahoo.com