Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shikanenai ❯ Lunch is Served: Missions Aplenty ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shikanenai - Part 3

Series: Gundam Wing

Standard Disclaimers:

Yes, yes, the rules are still the same . . . we may write fanfiction as long as we don't claim ownership of Gundam Wing or those kawaii little bishounen. To quote from our own Justice Boy's official battlecry (coming soon to a ficlet near you . . . maybe), "Futou!!" No, he didn't just say what you think he did!! Sheesh, you friggin' potty mouths! *audience sweatdrops* But I did, however, write this story. It is born of my own insanity, my views on life, and, of course, those dopey li'l romance novel induced ice-cream urges.

Spoilers: Up to Ep 25, I think.

Rating: for reasons below . . . PG-13

Warnings:

It's a slight AU(ok, alt-timeline), fluff, angst, drama - Duo-chained-up - ( not like that you hentais ;), some violence, lime content (some characters have sex but it's not described play for play), and some swearing.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

Shikanenai

- capable of anything

By Duo no Tsuin

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

PART THREE

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

"Lunch is ready," Quatre announced to the two pilots in the drawing room.

"Mmm, smells good," Trowa said following Quatre into the dining room.

Wufei trailed behind. "Hope it's nothing much. We still have plenty of work to do."

As Quatre and Trowa sat next to each other at the table, Wufei sat on the opposite side, pretending not to notice them. "Where's Heero?" Wufei said, breaking the lovers' silence. "Shouldn't he be watching for any possible missions?"

"Wh . . ." Quatre tried to ignore Trowa's hand beneath the table. "I haven't seen him yet today. He probably had something else to take care of. You know Heero. It's all missions for him."

"True. And Duo?"

"Well . . ." Quatre looked to Trowa. Not now!

"He should still be resting. Fever went down yesterday, but the poison was still a threat to him. He is, most likely, exhausted."

"Oh," Wufei hated . . . no, he envied how they finished each other's sentences. Quatre could speak for himself, but did he know what to say? And why not? "Good enough. Let him rest then. But his work load is starting to build up and carry to ours. The sooner he's rested the better. May as well have him working at maximum efficiency when he does." Wufei was interrupted by Heero's entrance. "Well, long time no see. Been working, Heero?"

Heero's response was his usual expressionless glare.

"Are you hungry, Heero? Join us for lunch," Quatre offered.

Heero walked toward the kitchen door. "No thanks. I'm . . ."

"On a mission," Wufei piped in. "Your palette too refined? Or is the great Heero Yuy above letting someone else help him, in any way, even making a simple meal? Let alone he ever help another . . ."

Heero stopped and turned slowly. "It seems to me . . ." he began in an even, untainted tone, "That you, of all people, shouldn't be talking about the help people accept . . . as well as offer."

The two pilots' glares clashed. Quatre feared that the table between them would be torn to pieces. What's going on? Usually, they keep at a distance and understand rather than contradict each other. Has something changed? "Have you checked on Duo's progress this morning, Heero?" Quatre asked calmly before sipping some tea.

"Hm. He's awake. See for yourself." Heero turned, pushed open the kitchen door, and left.

"So that's where he was," Wufei grumbled.

Quatre glared at Wufei.

That's not like him, Trowa observed. "Quatre . . ."

"Yes, Trowa," Quatre would readily accept any change of subject.

"Why don't you go check on Duo? If he is up, ask him if he wants anything. I am sure he would appreciate the concern."

Yeah, unlike some people, Quatre thought almost bitterly. This was definitely not like him. He decided to shake it off. He smiled instead. "Great idea, Trowa." He stood. "I should be back, soon. Continue without me."

Trowa nodded. When Quatre had left the room, Trowa looked at Wufei. "You should choose your words more wisely before you open your mouth to speak," he remarked calmly.

Wufei continued without answering Trowa's unwanted insight. When finished, he stood and went to Nataku. As he continued with his pre-lunch work, he spoke aloud, "Any one of them merely sneezes, and the others all offer handkerchiefs. There is no justice among them, Nataku. No sense of true justice at all."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

After thinking nonstop since Heero's sudden departure, Duo became slowly more irritated. But he would be back. Now all I need is a little act in my favor. He's not getting off this easy.

Duo heard a light knock on the door. Quickly, he rolled onto his side and pulled up the sheet. Wait a minute! Since when does Heero ever knock?

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

No answer, Quatre thought. Is he still asleep? He opened the unlocked door a crack. "Duo," he whispered, "Are you awake?"

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Only Quatre, Duo sighed. Hey! What's gotten into me? Quatre's my friend. I can't just lie here and pretend that I'm sleeping. But if I don't pretend to wake up, then he'll ask questions. Play through it, Duo. Duo feigned a yawn, stretching as he turned on his back. "Hey, Quatre, morning!" He said in a faux sleep tinged but cheerful voice.

Quatre chuckled. "Actually, it's the afternoon, but good morning anyway." Quatre approached Duo's bed. "So how are you today? Feeling any better?"

"Well, I got a lot of sleep."

"You're cheerful. That's a good sign. How about the fever?"

"Haven't checked."

"Let me, then." Quatre walked up to Duo and placed his wrist on Duo's sweating forehead.

Why am I sweating so much? I wish Heero was here instead. What am I saying? Quatre's my friend. But does he know me too well? Does he know? If I find out that Heero said something to any of them about us, then I'll . . .

"You're very hot! And sweating too!"

Duo tried not to smile. He knew why he was hot. Damn you, Heero . . . "Well, I guess I'm not ready to get up yet."

"Definitely not. If I catch you out of here before you're ready, then I'll . . . I'll . . ."

"You'll what?"

"I'll cut off your hair, that's what!"

"What!" Duo's eyes opened wide and his jaw dropped.

Quatre smiled. "Yeah, that's right I will. Now, get some more rest. The doctor should be in to check up on you this evening. You need to heal up, Duo. We're expecting some missions soon."

"Yeah." Duo dreaded the thought of not being with them on their next mission. Deathscythe, you and I need to be working in top condition then. We won't let anything happen to any of them. Especially Heero . . .

"Oh, I almost forgot. You need anything? I'd be happy to bring it up."

"Not unless you could have Trowa pick up Heero and drag him back up here," Duo muttered as Quatre walked to the door.

"What was that, Duo?" Quatre asked as he turned.

"Aw, nothing. I'm fine right here. Although, I would like to check on Deathscythe."

Quatre shook his head. "There's no need. Deathscythe is being taken care of."

"Just out of curiosity . . . by whom?" Quatre opened the door.

He smiled. "Ask Wufei, he's been in with the Gundams all night," Quatre closed the door without waiting for a reply.

"What the . . . man! What in the name of Death's playground is going on around here?" Maybe he was just goofing around. Quatre plays mind games. He probably just figured out that I'm not still ill. I feel bad about that . . . And Quatre sympathizes. After all, he and Trowa had to start somewhere. Secret liaisons are tools of lovers' hearts . . . and bodies. A sin indeed. Oh, God, I'm sorry. What has become of the God of Death? Has his dark heart once more been tainted by love? Love is your teaching . . . your way. But for me love . . . love is a curse. My eternal damnation. All those I love have died. Where's the love and justice in that? Oh, no. Seems like old justice driven Wufei's rubbed off on me.

"Today, I'm on a mission. And, like Heero, nothing is going to stop me."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Trowa sat in the drawing room reviewing some reconnaissance information. Heero walked in the room and straight to the computer with a small bundle in his hand. "Any new missions," he asked.

"Not in the last ten minutes."

"Better check anyway." He sat in front of the computer and after clicking the keys for a few moments, the screen flashed.

"Anything?"

"No." Heero typed a few strokes, finishing his task, and said quietly as he stood up, "Good."

Trowa raised an eyebrow. As Heero picked up his bundle again and walked determinedly to the exit, Trowa said, "Quatre should be there now. He and I will be leaving on a recon-mission to check out that location you brought back. We will be back tomorrow."

"Mission brief available?"

Trowa nodded.

"Fine."

"Wufei is still with the Gundams doing some repairs. Should take him all day . . . maybe even the night, knowing Wufei."

"Fine."

"Tell Duo to heal up quickly."

"He will. You and I both have our missions." And with that, Heero was gone.

Trowa smiled.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

As Heero walked to Duo's room, he found his breath rushing out of him. He could still taste Duo's blood in his mouth. Never had blood tasted so sweet. Never had anything tasted so sweet. "Duo . . ." When Heero reached out his hand to the doorknob, he noticed it was shaking. Shaking? Why? I've been alone with Duo plenty of times. So why should now be any different? Swallowing back his remaining insecurities, Heero gripped the doorknob and turned it. He opened the door slowly, but when the door creaked, he stopped again. He sighed. Remember, he's waiting for you. That is your new mission. He pushed open the door. The bed was empty. "Duo?" The sound of running water greeted his alarmed ear. He moved to the bathroom door and tested the knob. Unlocked! Pushing the door open, a wave of steam rushed onto his face. Through the shower curtain, Heero could see Duo's lean form. He never showed any sign of noticing Heero's entrance. Heero stepped closer to the shower. As he did so, he could see that Duo's hair was down. So many times, he had dreamed of Duo with his hair down. Unbound, it reached nearly to his knees. Now that Duo's back was to him, he made his move.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Duo was attempting to rid his body's muscles of their tension. That, and washing his hair. It was one of his simple pleasure in life, the feel of the warm water cascading down his body. So peaceful . . . so warm . . . so . . . cold? Duo jumped. "Ah!" He slammed his fist into the single knob, turning it off. "Wh-what the. . ." He looked down. Not only was the curtain open, but also the knob had been pulled all the way to the right. Someone had done this on purpose! "Heero!" He was about to step out of the shower when he remembered his predicament. "Uh . . . Heero?"

"What, Duo?"

Duo shivered. "W-what do you mean, 'What?' I'm freezing! Give me my towel!"

"Get it yourself."

"What?! There is no way I'm going out there like this!" He's playing with me. Well, he's not going to win! "Well, I'm not coming out until I get my towel."

"You never should have been in there. I told you to wait."

"What do you think I've been doing? What did you do, go blow up an OZ base while you were at it? Heero, please just give me my towel."

Silence. As the moments passed by, Duo grew colder. He rubbed his arms, but he became so cold that his teeth nearly started chattering. Suddenly, a black towel flew into the shower and onto Duo's head. He fumbled with it and dried himself as he spoke, "Thanks. I'll be out in a minute." When Duo was done, he wrapped the towel around himself. Much to his dismay, Heero was leaning against the door trim, arms crossed, when he stepped out of the shower.

"What was that all about?"

"Well, other than the fact that I haven't showered since before I left on my mission, after which I was captured, interrogated, beat up, and poisoned, my body was covered in bruises and dirt, my hair was a mess, and my whole body hurts like Hell . . . I can't think of a reason."

"Hn."

"Yeah, laugh all you want, Heero. But if you were in my shoes, then you'd feel the exact same way."

"Are you finished?"

"Yes, with everything!" Duo walked past Heero and towards the bed. "I think you should leave now. The others probably need you."

"They don't."

"Hm? And why not?"

"Trowa and Quatre left on a mission and Wufei's with the Gundams."

Duo gulped. "Then we're . . . all alone?"

"Yes." Heero walked toward Duo. "Sorry to dash your hopes of escape . . . now, you need to lie down. Quatre's orders. If he knew you were even out of bed for a second he'd . . ."

"Cut off my hair," Duo mumbled.

"What?"

"Quatre was here just after you left. He said that's what he'd do if he found out I was out of bed."

"Quatre said that?"

"Yeah."

"Well, who am I to argue with Quatre. Lie down."

"Huh?"

"You heard me. Lie down."

"How about if I just sit instead."

"If you don't, then I'll cut your hair off myself."

"My . . . hair?" Heero would do it too. He was never one to back down from a threat, especially if he made it. Except when it came to Relena. Duo tried to focus his thoughts. And who knows how Duo's hair would look after an onslaught by Heero Yuy. Duo cringed at the thought. "Okay," he sighed. He laid down again with his arms crossed behind his head. "Now what am I supposed to do?"

"Just lie there."

"What?"

"Trust me."

Trust him? Of course I trust him. But I don't trust the circumstances. And I don't think I can trust myself.

"Duo," Heero said concerned as he sat on the bed next to Duo.

"What?"

"Do you always bite on your lip?"

Duo stuck out his lower lip. It was bleeding again. Duo blew his low hanging bangs as he looked up. Heero leaned close to Duo. "Heero, what . . .?"

He held a finger to Duo's lips, coaxing him to silence. Literally. Slowly, his finger stroked Duo's lip. He leaned closer, gently pressing his lips to Duo's. He pulled away, suddenly, licking his lips. He stood, walked to the dresser between the two doors, walked back, and sat back down on the bed. Sensing Duo's question, he held up his bundle for him to see. He set it down and opened it. Using one member of the contents, Heero lay down next to Duo and put it to his lips.

Duo had closed his eyes tightly shut, attempting to block out any unwanted stimuli. But that's just it. It was wanted.

Something cold and wet grazed his lip. Duo shivered violently. "What the . . ."

"It's only ice," Heero chuckled.

Was that what it was? Duo thought.

"It will soothe away what is already there . . ." Heero moved close enough to Duo so that their breath mingled. ". . . and prevent against the damage that could be done." Just then, a drop of water fell onto Duo's lips. Heero kissed it away gently. But eager lips were replaced with complacent ice. Heero moved the ice cube back and forth in a cool caress. With each new stroke, Duo's lips shone brighter. They became wetter, more supple, more enticing, and more desirable with each pass of his hand. Heero was fighting an urge from deep within him to partake in the exploring caress. But when Duo licked his lips, the situation became unbearable.

The ice gone, Heero's lips moved to Duo's. His kisses were gentle, caresses in themselves. Heero kissed all the hurt from Duo's face, banishing it away. He kissed his forehead, his nose, his eyes, his rounded cheeks, his chin, his bruises, and then sought his lips again.

Duo could barely believe what was happening. Who'd have known that Heero could be so gentle? "Heero . . ." Duo moaned as Heero's kisses rained down his neck slowly, moving to the base of his throat. Duo moved into the kiss, pushing against Heero's lean form. Duo's hands sought Heero's waist and the bottom of his tank-top. His hands moved exploringly over his back. He loved the feel of Heero's tank-top against his shower kissed skin, especially as it hung over him and just brushed his skin as Heero hovered above him. But he wanted to feel Heero's body against his with no barriers between them. His hands moved the dark cloth up. Together, they brought the cloth over his arms and head as Heero sat up to remove the shirt and throw it carelessly to the floor.

Duo gasped. He had never seen Heero's body before. Always, he had dreamed of what lie beneath the low hanging top that gave only a hint of what was beneath. But now he could see it for what it was. "Heero . . . you're . . . perfect," Duo said in a tone that shocked his own ears. So impressed, so shocked, so . . . ashamed?

Heero smiled seductively as he looked down at Duo's wide, bright eyes. "No. You're perfect." His gaze drifted down Duo's body and back up again. "Perfectly beautiful. When I brought you in here and removed your torn, battered clothes . . . I could barely contain myself."

Duo gulped. "Y-you . . ."

"Baka, don't be so surprised. Oh, Duo, I wanted you so much. I've always wanted you."

Duo couldn't stop the question that erupted from his lips. "Then you've never wanted anyone else? Not even Relena?"

"Relena?" Heero laughed. "I thought I had made it clear to you earlier. Whether or not she has feelings for me is irrelevant. I've never returned them. Since arriving on Earth, only one face has been so clearly etched in my mind."

"W-who was that?"

Now it was Heero's turn to be shocked. His eyes widened. "How can you be so smart on the battlefield and so dumb afterward?"

"Hey! I-"

"Shut up." Heero silenced him with a kiss. It was more insistent than the others but still as gentle. He reluctantly pulled away and sat up. He needed to finish. "You . . ." Heero said as he gazed back down at Duo. "Only you."

Duo smiled brightly. "Heero!" He attempted to sit up quickly, but his muscles ached. He tried to hide the discomfort, but little ever escaped the powerful gaze of those Prussian blue eyes. Duo closed his eyes and lowered his head, long wet hair falling over his shoulders.

"Oh, Duo," Heero sighed as he laid Duo's head against his shoulder. "There's no need to feel ashamed."

"I failed . . . I'm not as strong as you are, Heero. And I can't set my own broken legs," Duo said with half a smile against Heero's shoulder.

Heero's body shook with laugher, their bodies rocking even closer. The feel of their chest together was indescribable. The touch was hot, and yet somehow cold. Duo's hands went behind Heero's back, hugging him closer. Unsure of what he was doing, Heero began to slowly caress Duo's back. It was slightly wet, due to the huge damp mass of hair covering it, but neither minded. It only made the touch more memorable. "You still hurt?"

"Well, only when I move."

"Duo . . ."

"Yeah, a little."

"If only I had found you sooner or never allowed you to be captured . . ." Heero said regretfully.

"There is nothing that you could have done."

"Right. But . . . maybe I can do something now."

"Like what?"

"Lie back down," Heero smiled into Duo's hair.

"But, Heero . . ."

"No buts, Duo. Tell me where you hurt."

"Well, my shoulders, arms, and generally my whole upper body, especially the parts I can't reach."

"Hanging from the ceiling?"

"Yeah, that did it," Duo said regretfully.

"Hm. Turn over."

"Uh, I'm not sure that we should . . ."

"Not that."

"Oh," Duo sighed as he laid on his stomach, and rested his head on his crossed arms.

"Disappointed?" Heero said with a smirk.

"Um, no, just . . ."

"Relieved?"

That was what he felt. He wanted to . . . but not now.

Duo's thoughts ceased when Heero's hands touched his shoulders. His touch was firm but gentle, moving in massaging circles over Duo's tense muscles. "How does that feel?" Heero asked.

"Mm, feels great," Duo sighed with his eyes closed. He felt so relaxed he could almost sleep. . . "Ow! Heero!"

"Your muscles are tense and riddled with knots. I need to work them out. It will feel better in a moment."

Duo sulked. That hurt!

To take Duo's mind off of the slight pain, Heero spoke. "You weren't falling asleep were you?"

"If I say 'Yes,' will you stop?"

"I'm getting there. Can't you tell?"

"Huh?" Heero's hands were moving slower once more, lightly caressing Duo's shoulders, arms, back, and sides. His hands moved to Duo's lower back and waist. He listened for any complaint or just one, simple two letter word. But neither came.

Heero replaced his hands on Duo's lower back. He started with small outward going circles. Nothing. The circles grew larger. Still nothing. Heero's hands moved over Duo's sides and then retreated back to the center. With each circle his hands went further, until his fingers grazed Duo's stomach and eventually the edge of his black towel. Heero froze. What was he doing?

Duo stirred. "Why'd you stop?"

"Still hurt?"

"No," Duo sighed. "It doesn't hurt there . . . anymore."

"Anywhere else?"

"My stomach." Duo said as he rolled over. "Not only do I have a bruise or two there, but I'm sure it's empty. It's been a while since my last meal." In response to Duo's observation, his stomach growled long and loud. A tinge of color graced his contented cheeks. "Uh, Heero, I hate to ruin the mood, but . . ."

"I know. I'll check for missions."

To be continued.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

Yeah, I know. That chapter was SO slow. In case you can't tell, it's more dialog intensive. Aren't you just feeling the frustration? I want it to be over too. What's with all the interruptions? *evil laugh* Stick around if you dare. C&C to: duonotsuin@yahoo.com