Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Saturday, July 25, 2004
Chapter warnings: None that I can see
Pairings: 1x2 :: 3x4 :: 5x? Surprise. ::hint 002:: It is not some who's name means 13..


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe


:.: Chapter Three :.:
Let the play Begin:

Monday, May 17, AC 201
Three Years later.
..........................................................

Qu atre Reberba Winner, owner of the Winner Family company, was finishing getting ready for another pointless business meeting. Trowa, his silent companion and lover, stood waiting by the door ready to join him as his personal bodyguard. It was mainly an excuse so they could spend more time together. Although, having someone he could really trust watch his back helped ease a lot of unwanted tension.

After giving Trowa a loving smile, one that made the taller man melt like putty in the summer sun, he picked up his briefcase and put a gentile on his shoulder, ready to go.

Trowa gave him a smile it return before patting the hand, "Ready, koi?"

Quatre beamed happily. He reached up, keeping his balance with his hand, and kissed his love on the cheek. "Ready."


A lone figure stepped out of the yellow cab and looked up the tall building of the Winner Family Company. He shared a few words with the taxi driver, smiled, and paid his bill. While picking up his discarded bag, the yellow cab pulled away to find its next customer.

He looked up to the sign above the entrance proclaiming it's name in silver and gold lettering. The sun was out, casting its light like a bright spot light on stage. His hair stoned a brownish blond and flowed like a free cloud with no detainments behind him, brushing against his shoulders and neck.

He gave a, "I-know-it-all-and-so-much-more" smile and flipped open his cell phone after drawing it from his pants pocket. Eyes still on the glittering sign, he dialed Preventers HQ and asked for Lady Une.

"Ready?" a female voice answered from the phone right after he was patched in.

"Let the play begin," the man replied, his smile melting into a mischievous grin.


Mr. Winner waited outside the conference room, politely greeting each potential business partner and shaking their hands. Trowa stood behind him, giving his support. The little Arab prince was actually in a good mood since he normally hated these events, but Lady Une had called Heero and Wufei there to represent the PIA. Both said boys were there early, not surprising, and were now silently talking to the other quest already inside.

About when everyone was there, a man in a neatly pressed black suit entered. He wore a silk green shirt under the tailored suit that was slightly darker tan medium, and a tie that hit the color scale directly -- the purest -- green. His attire looked surprisingly like Trowa's, for the exception that his looked more casual and Trowa's had a black tie.

As the new man walked closer with the grace of a bobcat, Quatre could guess he was in his mid-20's and the same height as himself, which was only slightly shorter than average. He had brownish blond hair, leaning more on the blond side, but what were more interesting were his eyes. They were the most unique eyes Quatre has ever seen! They were a cat like green, so full of life and brightness that the color looked nearly neon.

The man threw him a mysterious and cocky smile, reminding him of someone he hadn't seen in years. Trowa laughed softly, barely noticeable to anyone that didn't know him, he too thought of the same missing person. After what felt like a life time, but was only a short walk, the green eyed stranger stopped in front of them, pulled out a hand and shook Quatre's.

"Solo Maxwell, owner of White Fang Enterprise, at your service. Please don't let the company name get you confused with those deranged idiots during the war." Green eyes supplied the last explanation as he shook Mr. Winner's hand as if it were a common question he was asked frequently. Which most likely was. Quatre vaguely thought of Milliardo, who was once the leader of a group by the same name, as he gapped at him, 'Maxwell?'

Solo's eyes glowed brighter with suppressed laughter with his own mystery watching Quatre's gapping expression, "Try to catch flies Mr. Winner?"

Before Quatre could say anything, Solo politely moved into the meeting room, giving a wink at the two men who were completely baffled outside. They weren't the only ones thought. Heero and Wufei, ever conscience of what's going on around them because of extensive training, had heard the whole exchange and was now in the same state of shock.

Solo sat across the two Preventers on the oval table, swarmed by most of the guest who apparently already knew him. He talked, laughed, and joked around with the others; bring life to the party that wasn't there before.

The last of the guest arrived, making a total of 17 men present. Quatre started the meeting, annoyed by the nagging curiosity of the new stranger.

Indeed he had invited Solo to this particular meeting on opening the re-constructed colony X-1899 of cluster L3, because of numerous requests from his fellow employs. But he had never thought to ask for the man's last name, being too busy to do so. Instead he had set someone up to do the negations for him. What had came as a small surprise was that he was told that Solo was looking for a meeting with him also.

The man, Solo Maxwell, listened with earnest -almost with eagerness of a three year old, -- making comets every now and them, and asking that were of high importance. He was a remarkable man, keeping everything plain and simple. He had a certain gravity to him that pulled people closer.

The four ex-pilots watched him for any indication of who he was. Only to find a double ring on his wedding finger. That only put more questions and ideas in their head.

Who was this mysterious Maxwell? He was dedicated to his work. That was easily noticeable. He was friendly and smart. He wrote notes throughout the meeting, not looking bored at the least as hour four passed and hour five came by. By then everyone was getting reckless.

Quatre sighed in release of frustration before putting away some papers in his portfolio and ended the meeting. Everyone came to a conclusion and was fairly happy about it. All of them agreed to join with him.

Solo put everything away in his black briefcase but didn't move from his chair as the guest moved out to leave. They patted him on the back, exchanged a few jokes and went over to shack Mr. Winners hand, who stood by the door once more.

When everyone was gone, only the five remained. Solo was lounged back in his chair, cool as a cucumber as the saying goes. Heero and Wufei sat across from him like statues in an art museum. Trowa was leaning on the wall to the side, arms crossed in front of his chest lazily. And Quatre stood by the closed door near Trowa. All that was need was someone to yell, "You are surrounded! Put your hands on your head where we can see them," with guns a blazing and people busting down doors.

But for someone who was trapped, Solo looked unworried. He smiled in his relaxed position and said without a care in this world, "Find any thing interesting?"

The ex-pilots tried to find something to say or ask but failed. Quatre tried several times, opening a closing his mouth like a fish out of water, until he settled on, "Where is he?"

Solo raised an eyebrow, "Who?" he asked innocently, but his eyes held the same suppressed laughter as the one he waltzed through the door with.

Wufei burst, "You fucking know who we are talking about you imbecile! We want to know where Duo is!"

Solo was un-phased, his smile never wavered, "Why should I tell you? Hum?"

"Please," came the whispered beg.

Everyone's eyes turned to Heero, who had his head typed down covered in shadows by his bangs.

A strange expression passed over Solo's face before it settled on a mixture of pleased, relived, and something a keened to hope. His smile gone, his face serious, he pulled out a white envelope from his side where it was hidden between the armrest and his thigh. He tossed it to the glass table and picked up his bag.

"You ask and you might receive. This is all I will give you and nothing more," his face showed that. He walked to the door and opened it. Standing in the door way not looking back, he said, "I only hope that I never have to again what happened two years ago," he looked back at them then his eyes reflected something between sadness and horror, "I only ask that you don't hurt him. You may find out that this is easier to do than you think. I'll forgive once, but the next time won't be so easy."

"Who are you to Duo," Quatre asked the question that was nagging him all day.

Solo smiled again, his eyes still sad, "A guardian angle, his savior, a special friend of sorts. You never know. I could even be the man next door." He laughed happily, closing the door, and he was gone.

Four pairs of eyes looked to the envelope. Three years have passed since they last heard from their missing companion. They searched everywhere high and low, and here was the answer they were looking for. Not one of them thought of running out to catch Solo and demand to see Duo now. Not one believed this to be a joke or fraud.

Trowa walked up with a pocket knife and opened it. Inside where two things; a note and a card. The front of the card said one thing…

O-'--,-----

"You've bee invited to my Family Reunion!"

-----'--,-O

Solo exited the building and looked back up to the sign above the entrance that no longer shined because of the lost sun, and said to himself, "Time to stop running away, Duo. I hope I hadn't just made a huge mistake." He turned around and walked off, mumbling, "I wouldn't like to come back and bit me in the ass." He was worried, that was a no brainer, but he also felt straggly relieved. Guess he'd have to wait and see.


End Chapter: To Be Continued.


Annoying Author's Notes:

I think Solo's last remark to the g-boys was pretty funny, "I could even be the guy next door." XDD What did he do still Duo's last name and become a stalker? Lol

Another thing. I started a Gundam Wing yahoo group, and I am looking for people to join. You can go to visit it from my profile. Please just take a look at least. There is like no one there but me. T-T cries

Duo: Are you done yet?

Yeah…

Duo: Yey! Now can we show them what we did to Heero last time?

Sure…

Duo: Hell yeah!!


Part of the makings of a story
Scene: Unknown

Heero: ( holds a gun to Duo's head) Omae o kisu! .... 5 second pause What the f!

Stage crew: (bursts out laughing)

Heero: (pulls out the scrip Reads: "omae o kisu!") What the F--- is this!

Mira, the director: (states calmly) That would be the scrip, Heero.

Heero: No. This! (Shoves the scrip in Mira's face, pointing at the disliked words)

Mira: (reads) .... (pause) ....(realization dawns) ahh.... that.... (fidgets) umm.... that would be a… umm… typo. (bolts like hell)

Heero: (enraged) OMAE O KOROSU! trans: I'll kill you!

Mira: (yells over her shoulder) The scrip says Omae o KISU! trans: I'll kiss you (maniac laughter) Mwahahahah!!!


Hey let's be fair. You've read now…

P L E A S E
R E V I E W!

I need a good ego buster for what's coming up. I don't think I could update until I get at lest 10 more reviews, making a total of 18. The next chapter is going to be hard to do, plus you get to meet Duo. Think about it. I need help and a new beta!