Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004
Chapter warnings: Extreme funniness and language. A lot of cuss words a head.
Pairings: 1x2 :: 3x4 :: 5x? Still a surprise.


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe


:.: Chapter Nine :.:
Day TWO of the Reunion:

Thursday, May 27, AC 201
Age: 21

………………………… ;……………….

Duo had blow the whistle for lunch so now all the kids were gathered around the trees and blankets eating. Duo sat next to Heero and feed Chi, her diaper bag lying right next to him.

The orphans sat in little groups, chattering. Jacob had told Heero at one time, to keep away from the "Trouble" group of five; Jim, Max, Zeke, Nate, and Andy. The other boys he had introduced ere; Trent (Treven), Arian, Joshes, Phil, James, Mark and Ralph. The girls were; Kaylee, Christen, Rebecca, Darla, Laura, Quinn, Daniel, Jennifer, and Alice.

Chi played with Duo's hair after her lunch. She stood on uncertain legs, between Duo and Heero. She laughed happily and Duo smiled. Ruffling her hair softly, he said, "Looks like she's attached to you Heero."

Heero looked at him, a bit startled and confused. Duo had said Heero and not the annoying nickname he used after the war, Hee-chan. "Yeah. It looks like it."

Duo frowned, a crease forming between to eyebrows in a look of perplexity, "Something wrong?"

"Hn," came the noncommittal replay. At this Duo's face burst out into his most famous shit-eat grin, "Good old Heero!" He slapped his back hard, repeatedly, "Some things never change!"

Heero's lips twitched into a smile Duo did not see.

"So I hear you and Miss Relena are going to get together," Duo leaned back to rest on the tree, Chi eating his hair.

"Hai," Heero replied.

"So when are you guys going to tie the not?" He pulled his hair away from Chi, who pouted.

"Wednesday, July 9th AC 201"

Duo abruptly sat up, a look of surprise slashed on his visage, "Whoa! More than a week away!"

Heero shrugged, "Thirteen days."

"Don't you like, what, have to plan and get ready an' stuff?"

"Relena wants to do all that."

Duo winced, pink tuxedos dancing in his head.

"What?" Heero asked.

"Nothing," Duo shook his head willing the images out of his mind, but he still couldn't suppress a shutter from raking though his body, "Nothing."

Heero let it slide, "Duo, why didn't you tell us you were leaving? At lest tell us you were okay."

Duo's eyes turned sad, something rarely seen. He looked down to the grassy carpet next to him and pulled out handfuls of the green threads out. He watched as they were slowly picked up by the wind and blown away. What freedom they must have. "...Wasn't ready…" he finally muttered.

"What do you mean?" Heero was confused again, a thing that was happening a lot while being here. Confused and surprised.

Violet eyes pulled up to met deep blue as Duo patted Heero on the shoulder, "Another time maybe, another time."

Just then, Chi fell to her butt and cried. This was a shocker since she never cried and was always happy from day one. Or at lest since Heero was over. Duo picked her up into his arms and cradled her. "Shhh," he whispered, rocking her slowly back and forth, patting her back softly, "Shhh…"

Solo came over, "Duks? You okay?" A strange question since Chi was the one crying her eyes out. "Yeah, she just fell down is all," Duo soothed Solo as he rocked Chi. Chi hiccupped.

Duo hummed the beginning to a soft tone before singing the lyrics, "Lullaby… sweet baby mine… you spin the spin that red thread so fine… as you get far-th-er away… Lullaby… sweet baby mine… how I wished you had stayed… keep a hold of my hand… so we won't let each other go, away…

… Too late… Lullaby, humm mm mm, lullaby…" Duo hummed softly some more and Chi had wounded her hand in his shirt somehow. He looked down and smiled almost wistfully, "The rain has already come to cover my morning sun… I won't be seeing it today… The rain; I falls down my cheeks… but that cannot mean a thing… but sadness…" He hums a few tones and starts again in a whisper, "Lullaby… sweet baby… mine…"

Chi hiccups once more now sleeping and Heero was looking at him strange, "I didn't know you sing…"

Duo's grin was back but not fully up to speed, "Guess life can through you some surprises, ne?"

"Yes… you're…"

"What?" the braided ex-pilot said defensively.

"You're… good."

Duo laughed and threw his free arm on top of Heero's shoulders, "You better damn well believe it! Just wait until Saturday!"

Unbeknownst to Duo, Heero's head was spinning in slow circles. Was it only Heero or did the Earth seem to tilt a different way than normal? God that was that wondrous smell! "What happens Saturday?" Good. His voice sounded normal. It's all bout control.

"You guys get to come to my concert!" Duo chirped excitedly.

"What is this I hear about a concert?" Catherine called, coming closer to join the gang.

"We're holding one this Saturday," Duo said like it was nothing new, careless or maybe ignorant, to his effect on his silent companion.

"Who is going to be in it?" Cathy sat on the red checkered blanket in front of them.

"Well, I'm the singer, Solo's electric guitar, Nataku's the drums and Johnathan is the bass. I think Tash is coming in for the keyboard." Duo gave it a little slang for effect.

Cathy scooted closer as her brother came to join next to her, "So, what's the band called, Duo?"

The ex-"God of Death" grinned a devil-may-care kind of grin, "Shinigami's Stage."


Should I end it here? (-- Runs away --) Don't kill me!


"Has anyone seen Wufei?" yelled Solo, "His lunch is right here!" He held up a brown paper sack.

"He is behind that tree," Heero pointed a distance away where the Dragon hid.


The kids were back on the bus going home. Jacob went back to his car after helping rally up the kids. The he too left as well. The other fourteen went back to the house for a rest. This didn't last long since they had to then get ready to go to a Fancy restaurant. They were all exhausted from the day's activities and the dinner proved to be really relaxing. With its glistening walls, candle lit tables with white tablecloths, and cushiony chairs, they were all enjoying the peaceful atmosphere for the end of the evening.

The employees working there were really kind. All of them know the Fam on a first name basses. A lot of them were even in the Fam. Familiar faces from the family reunion greeted them warmly, newer faces made their introductions. Employees and guests, all.

Chairs were pulled back, sat in, and pushed forward as the group gathered around their table. Orders were made and idle chit chat was conducted. An outsider could almost see the bonds forming between all of them. Like little threads weaving, unseen to the naked eye. A cozy atmosphere settled around them. Despite the fancy exterior of the restraint called, "L'amour," one might mistake it for an average family dinner.

Chi cooed happily and Duo played with her. Heero and Solo watched them while Wufei had a heated debate with Nataku. How the debate was started no one knows, but both Chinese men were whispering harshly about the "injustice," (Wufei) and "conspiracy" (Nataku) of things. Johnathan rolled his eyes and continued his own discussion with Trowa. Iran and Catherine were talking to Quatre about his and Trowa's wedding a few summer's ago.

Wait, haven't you heard? Oh well… Surprise!

Now you do know. I bet you saw it coming anyway.

So dinner was served, food was eaten, the bill was paid, before the events lead back to the Lakeview neighborhood and home. Nothing exciting.

When they got to the house, they took turns taking a bath, some in pairs. Duo brought out his futon from where it laid hidden between the couch and built in bookshelf. He then unrolled the makeshift bed to where he slept the night before. He set everything up while Chi watched and played patty-cake on the couch in her little pajamas, Teddy, her stuff bear, sat upright beside her.

Everyone went to bed in the rooms they were in before. The lights were turned off and they all slept, waiting for what tomorrow would bring.


End Chapter: To Be Continued.


Annoying Author's Notes:

Thank you for all the reviews! They are really encouraging. You guys are crazy. Your reviews are insane. Man, I really love you guys!

I got one review from TKM that I would like to answer. You should all read it.


From: TKM ( ) I don't know what to say. It is a little confusing. I got everything and it isgreat to read but, if Duo did miss his G PILOTES why does he not talk to themfor 2 days now. What is going on here? If he loves Heero and he is there friendwhy does he not say or talk to them at all. It is like he avoids them. I canunderstand that he does not want to feel more pain but come one if he wont showthat he miss them how is he going to change his way of living. And Solo toldthem that they have just that change to get Duo back but nothing is happening onboth sides. I hope I made my self clear why I am confused.


I bet all of you are thing along the same lines, right? There is a good reason. And I'm not telling. You'll have to read and find out. (--runs away--) Don't kill me!


Anyway, on to something important:

-- The "Trouble" group of five; Jim, Max, Zeke, Nate, and Andy. These kids come in to play later on. They are rather funny.

-- Duo's neighborhood is called Lakeview. The town is called Willow Wood.

-- Jacob pops in and out to give you information. I love his fucked up hair. Can't remember, one side extends past his ear while the other is cut short with black bangs. )

-- I built up some romance on both groups.

So those were some things I worked with in this chapter. Right now I've been planning some cool future stories. Like Shinigami's Stage 2, Hush, and The Exchange Student. Shinigami's Stage 2 is going to be a surprise with a lot of the characters coming to play. Hush is proving to be really fun. The summery goes: Heero is the quietest kid in his class. That was until Duo, a mute, joined the gang. (-- Love. I'm all warm inside now --). The Exchange Student is simply; Duo is and American exchange student entering Japan…. Umm… Ha ha… that is all I have right now… I thought it was a cool idea though.

Right now I'm looking for a good idea for a Christmas story. I have to make it something short, and that is hard for me because I like making long stories with a lot of meat to it. (T-T) Oh well, I'm sure the story will come out good. I just need a good idea! Muuu… (that was a crying sound…)


Coming up next PT day part one!

P L E A S E
R E V I E W!