Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Snow ❯ Snow ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: ::Sigh:: I don't own Gundam Wing or the characters...I'm just using them for fun...


Snow...

"I'm bored, hyper, hungry, and it's too cold to go outside!" Duo whined from his place on the living room floor.

"I can't help it that you're bored, hyper, and that it's too cold out, but I can help you fix something to eat. I'm getting hungry too," Trowa piped in before Heero had the chance to get up and strangle Duo for his annoyance. Duo had been very hungry, hyper, and very VERY annoying lately.

Duo bound happily to the kitchen, his braid bouncing upon his back.

Quatre, who had been in the living room lying on the couch, adjusted the ice-pack on his forehead, as to numb the other side; Duo had given the poor boy a migraine with his non-stop chatter, laughter, and whining. He sat up slightly on the couch. "Ow! Side-headache! Pain!!!"

Heero chuckled at the blonde, who was clutching the left side of his head in pain. He always found it amusing when Quatre had side-headaches and said the same thing every time he had them.

Quatre ignored him and turned his head slightly toward Trowa, who was running toward the kitchen at the first sound of a pan clattering to the floor. "Thank you SO much Trowa."

Trowa paused for a moment in the kitchen doorway, turned toward Quatre, smiled, and simply said, "Sure," then scrambled through the door before Duo could do any major damage.

"Duo! That's NOT how you cook Raman noodles! You have to put water in the pan first! Give me that!"

"No! I know what I'm doing!"

"Duo, give me the pan! You've already ruined three pans this week trying to cook. Now give it here!"

Heero and Quatre stared at the closed kitchen door, listening to the 'cooks' conversation currently taking place.

"He'll never learn..."

"I know! But...then again...I've never seen you cook before, Heero..." responded the blonde boy, adjusting his ice-pack again.

Heero grumbled something under his breath, blushed slightly, pulled the paper he'd been reading closer to his face to cover his red face, and quickly slumped back in his chair, making it rock back slightly.

A few seconds later, Trowa yelled, "Heads up!" and a pan of uncooked noodles came flying through the kitchen door and into the living room, landing beside the couch Quatre was laying on, spilling and braking the noodles; not a fun mess to clean up, but then again, there was no water in the pan either...

"Duo! You almost hit me!" Quatre pouted, clutching the side of his head as he sat up. "Ow! Side-headache! Pain!!!"

Heero laughed at him, them sat his paper aside, heading toward the kitchen the try to calm Duo down.

As Heero exited the living room, Trowa was entering it.

"Beware of flying objects..." Trowa cautioned before Heero's body disappeared through the door.

A few moments later...

Duo began raving like a lunatic, screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs at Heero all the while throwing anything and everything at the stoic boy, who simply crossed his arms over his chest and watched the anything and everything fly past him and clatter against the wall and floor that lay behind him, not once flinching.

"Are you done now?" Heero asked, searching the room to see if there was anything, excluding cabinets and such, that Duo hadn't thrown at him. Upon finding nothing left, his eyes settled back to the braided one, who was now panting and heaving from yelling and running for utensils and food.

"NO! I'm still hungry!"

"I'll take you out to eat if it makes you happy, but...! You have to clean up this mess when we get back...Deal?"

Duo simply stared at Heero a moment, eyebrow cocked curiously as he searched the boys face.

His eyebrow finally dropped in defeat. "Deal," he sighed heavily, not looking forward to cleaning up the mess he had just created.

In the living room while the flying stuff is flying...

"How long do you think it will take Heero to get him calmed down?" Trowa asked the little blonde, who's head was resting upon his lap.

"Well...Yesterday it took three and a half minutes...so I'll say...mmm...about three today."

"We'll see," the emerald-eyed boy said, shifting his gaze from Quatre to the closed kitchen door, listening for the silence.

The pair on the couch sighed after they heard the last pan hit the floor with a metallic, dull thud.

"You were wrong...It took 3.25 minutes today..."

"Oh...Let's just get technical with times..." Quatre remarked sarcastically, once again shifting the ice-pack.

Shortly after, Heero and a semi-cheerful Duo emerged from the kitchen.

"You gonna come with us?"

"No thanks, Heero. Thanks for the offer though. I'm going to stay here and look after Quatre."

"There! They aren't going! Can we get some food now?!" Duo whined, clutching Heero's elbow with his hands, tugging slightly in the direction of the door. "Lookit me! I'm wasting away...Come on Heero!"

"Get him outta here Heero!" Quatre groaned, plugging his ears as best he could to drown out some of the noise Duo was producing.

With that, Duo bound out of the house and toward the car.

Heero walked, grumbling, to the coat rack and grabbed his coat, settling it over his right shoulder, then walked over to the door Duo had just exited, and left open, and just stood there, spinning the car keys by their ring on his index finger of his left hand.

A small smirk played upon Heero's lips as he heard Duo scream from the car, "Heero! You didn't unlock the doors yet! And you know I didn't grab a coat!"

The smirk widened, almost to a smile, as he heard the pounding of feet running toward the house. He stopped spinning the keys, tossed them in the air, turned to the door, shut and locked it, then spun back around and caught the keys, just as Duo began to rattle the doorknob.

"Heero! You jerk! Open the door! It's cold out here and starting to snow!" Duo concluded each of his sentences with the punctuation of chattering teeth.

"Sounds like a personal problem," Heero snorted through the window of the door. "It's your own fault you didn't grab a coat when you knew that it was cold out."

The two boys began making childish faces at one another through the door window, while Quatre lay and ponder.

"What's snow?" The blonde was very curious as to what it was; living in the desert practically all of his life, he'd never see any.

Trowa looked down curiously at the blonde, and Heero and Duo quit their face making for the moment to gawk at the blue eyed boy.

For once, Duo forgot about food; an evil thought flew threw the braided one's head.

Heero turned back the the door to let Duo in, but he wasn't there.

"Trowa?"

"Hm?"

"You didn't answer me. What is snow?"

"Do you want to know the definition or what it looks like or what?"

"What it looks and feels like, I guess..."

Trowa explained to Quatre what it was like, while Heero wandered out the front door to find Duo.

While this was going on, Duo had already gone around the side of the house, and was half way through one of the kitchen windows.

"Hehe...so, blondie's never seen snow before, huh? And I bet he doesn't know anything about..."

Duo realized he was talking aloud and continued his plan within his cluttered mind.

Duo thought of the different ways to try and scare the blonde as he entered the living room from the messy kitchen.

Quatre noticed a long chestnut haired boy turn a corner, then disappear into the basement. After the boy was out of sight, his expression turned dark as he looked up at Trowa.

"Didn't I ask you to lock the kitchen windows?" he asked in an annoyed tone to the emerald-eyed boy.

"Uh..." Trowa gulped loudly, then continued, "I did...Duo probably used his lock picks to get inside."

"You're cleaning up the mess this time...I did last time and Duo had mud everywhere...so have fun..." Quatre said in a tone that Trowa knew as, "you're busted".

"All right..." he sighed in defeat.

A few minutes later, Heero came back in through the front door. "Did Duo come back in?"

Trowa simply nodded and pointed his head in the direction Duo had gone.

Heero walked over the the corner and stared at the basement steps for a moment.

"What's wrong Heero?" Quatre asked, sitting up slightly.

"Why's Duo down there?"

"He's probably in the food pantry again," Trowa stated, after hearing the lock, that was supposed to keep Duo out, hit the cement floor of the basement.

"He's up to something," Heero inquired.

"Yeah. Up to the neck with a month's supply of food," Quatre remarked sarcastically.

"No. He wouldn't be down there without a reason. He'd never pass up an opportunity to go out to eat. He's up to something," Heero stated matter of factually.

In the basement...

'A new lock, huh? Do they ~actually~ think that dinky thing's gonna stop me? Not a chance!'

Duo had picked the new lock with ease and let it fall to the floor.

'Now...Where's the...There it is! Oh, man...This is gonna be great!'

"Duo?! Are you going or not? You better hurry up and make up my mind, cause if I have a say in this, you're not going!" Heero called down the stairs.

"Hell yeah I'm going! I'll be up in a sec!"

'I need to hide this...I can't leave it here cause they'll all hear the lock if I come back in here...I can't take it upstairs cause they'll ask what I have it for...Ah-ha! I can hide it over there!'

"Duo..." said a slightly annoyed Heero, who was tired of waiting.

"All right already! Sheesh!" Duo said as he stomped, though not intentionally, up the stairs.

"What were you doing down there?"

"I was...um...looking for something to eat for my midnight snack tonight..." the violet eyed boy stammered.

"Figures...Come on. Let's get outta here."

A few seconds later, Duo was out the front door, with a coat this time, and waiting at the car.

"You sure you don't want to come?" Heero asked the pair on the couch, pausing in the doorframe for a response.

"Yes! We're sure! Please close the door! It's cold!" Quatre whimpered.

"Okay. Later," Heero said while walking out the door, closing it quietly behind him.

"Is he trying to turn me into a Quatre-cicle or what?" the shivering Arabian asked his tall, comfortable pillow.

"I wish he would've..."

"Trowa!" squealed a surprised blonde, not expecting that type of response.

"What? I can't can't help it if I like cold things...I always get to eat or lick the cold things, or warm them up..." Trowa trailed off suggestively as he leaned down to kiss the blushing Arabian.

When Trowa pulled away, Quatre had to protest, "Maybe later, when I'm not so...warm..."

"Know what?"

"Hm?" Quatre blinked up at him.

"Duo and Heero still haven't noticed.

"I'm pretty sure Heero has, but I don't know about Duo...Heero may have told him, but I doubt it."

"If Heero had told him, he'd be teasing us, then we'd have to get back at him later...after Heero asks him out..." Trowa grinned triumphantly upon seeing Quatre's response, he was sure only he and Heero had known about this plot.

"So that's why Heero offered to take him out? Makes sense...Any other time, he'd tell Duo off and make him clean up the mess, but not today..."

"That, and so he wouldn't have to clean it up...You know Duo ~always~ finds a way out of cleaning...This time, Duo has no choice but to clean..."

"Speaking of messes..." the blonde said with a mischievous tone, one that matched the mischievous look on his face. "I do believe there's still one in the kitchen with your name on it."

"Yes mother," Trowa responded sarcastically.

As Trowa began to get up, the Arabian youth spoke again.

"Not so fast...I need a replacement pillow."

Trowa sighed heavily. 'I'm supposed to be able to do things when and how I want, so how is it that he's brought me to this, his slave? But I guess that in itself can have it's advantages...'

He first ventured to their room and grabbed Quatre's pillow, then back to the living room, launched the pillow in Quatre's direction, then trudged to the kitchen to see what damage had been done.

But side-headache inflicted blonde wasn't aware of the flying pillow heading his way. When he rolled over a bit, he was greeted by the pillow head on.

"Trowa! Why'd you have to do that for?!" he pouted, picking up the pillow that had rebounded off of his head and onto the floor, placing it on the couch angrily, then slamming his head down, but not onto the pillow, but instead, his head hit the arm of the couch, which wasn't very well padded, since it was Duo's seat while he ate and watched TV.

Trowa heard he youth in the living room yelp and ran to see what had happened.

"Are you alright?" the emerald-eyed boy asked the blonde.

"Yeah, or I will be..." Quatre mumbled while rubbing the back of his head, one eye closed in pain from the blow.

After examining his little one's head, he ventured back into the kitchen to start his chore.

To be continued...


On to part 2...