Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Snow ❯ Snow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: ::Sigh:: I don't own Gundam Wing or the characters...I'm just using them for fun...


Snow... pt. 2

~On the way to the restaurant...

Duo simply couldn't chose a restaurant to eat at, so Heero chose for him.

The name of the restaurant was called Une Chez Vache (1). From the outside, the place looked quiet small and looked much like a simple house. On the inside, however, it looked much like one of Quatre's mansions.

Soon after they walked in, a waitress ushered them to a table, asked them if they were comfortable, then left them to their menus.

As soon as the violet-eyed boy's menu was open, he began to drool.

Heero rolled his eyes at this, a small child-like smirk playing upon his lips.

"So...Duo...Have you um...asked that one chick out yet?" Heero asked, wanting to break the silence that had settled up them.

Duo, who had been paying only half attention, snapped his head up from his menu. "Who? Hilde?"

"I guess...Which ever one calls all the time..."

"Yeah..."

Heero's eyes widened, not paying attention to the rest of what Duo was saying to him at the moment. That one word had instantly sent his brain the wrong message. 'No chance?!'

"Sorry...Could you repeat that Duo? I kinda spaced out..." Heero asked upon seeing Duo's questioning expression.

"Sure...I said, yeah, that's Hilde. And no, I haven't asked her out, not do I intend to!"

"Why's that?"

"She's as annoying as Relena! Gomen...I didn't mean to insult your girlfriend...It kinda slipped..."

Heero outright burst into laughter. "Me and Relena?!?!?!" Where'd you get that idea?"

"You mean it's not true?!"

"Of course not!"

"Tro told me that you were..."

Without thinking, Heero blurted out, "He was being a jerk just to make this harder on me."

"Huh?"

"Oops..." Heero eeped out, also stopping his laughter.

"Heero? What were you planning?" Duo asked in a sing-song voice.

"You'll find out in a little bit..." Heero managed to say through his embarrassment. He had to pull his menu up close to his face to cover his flushed face.

'Great! Now what am I supposed to do?!' the cobalt-eyed boy thought frantically as the waitress came to take their orders, and Heero's menu...

As Duo ordered his food, Heero fanned himself slightly with his menu to attempt to cool down his heated face.

He ~thought~ he had everything under control by the time the waitress was ready to take his order, so he gave up his menu without a struggle.

After the waitress took their orders, she disappeared to the kitchen, leaving the boys to their business.

Duo admired the building interior and decoration, while Heero settled for admiring whatever parts of Duo he could lay eyes on, that is until...

"Hey, Heero? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah...I'm fine..." Heero stammered, suddenly taking his eyes away from Duo's, frantically thinking of an excuse.

"Ya sure? You looked kinda zoned and it looks like you're blus...my god, you are!!!!!! You're blushing!!!! It's that waitress, isn't it?!" Duo questioned, his voice falling in pitch and enthusiasm as he asked about the waitress, and his eyes falling downcast as well.

Heero, who had been staring at the floor, snapped his head up as the braided youth's voice fell. "No!" he replied, a little more harshly that intended; he could tell this as he seen Duo flinch.

"Oh...Is it just too hot in here then, is that why you're face is red?" Duo remarked, his eyes still downcast, his voice sad; he didn't believe Heero's not liking the waitress, due to the quickness of the response he received.

'It's time, whether I like it or not..." Heero thought as he inhaled deeply. "Duo..."

"Yeah?" he replied quietly.

"Look at me...please?"

The violet-eyed boy reluctantly unglued his eyes from the floor and looked into Heero's eyes, which at the moment seemed vulnerable and afraid. "Yeah?"

His mouth opened and spoke, as if on its own, what his mind was thinking at that moment, "You're eyes are beautiful." It's not like he's never seen Duo's eyes before, but to Heero, they looked sad and somewhat betrayed.

"Thanks," Duo whispered, looking away again, blushing ever so slightly.

"Duo...What I really wanted to say to you was..." He took another deep breath and had to look away from those violet eyes that seemed to penetrate his very soul. "Ai shiteru..."

He said it barely above an airy whisper, but the words entered Duo's ears as if Heero had yelled them at him. "Nani?!" he asked, just to double check he had heard right.

"I love you..." he said, slightly louder this time.

Duo chest tightened as he seen two glistening, silent teardrops fall from the downcast eyes and face of Heero Yuy, the Perfect Soldier.

"Heero...I love you too..." Duo replied, and so very glad he did.

Heero lifted his face and eyes slowly to meet Duo's.

The look of total joy and acceptance on the cobalt-eyed boy's face was something Duo wanted to remember forever.

After the waitress brought them their food, the new, and happy, couple kept, for the most part, quiet until they had finished their meal; they wanted to discuss other things concerning their emotions in privacy.

Back at the Winner estate, Quatre was finally getting over his side-headaches, but not the lump, or its soreness, from the earlier couch incident.

About 45 min. after Quatre sent the silent emerald-eyed boy into the kitchen, the silent one emerged.

"Done," he said wearily, slouching forward, his arms dangling, his back in pain.

"I know it doesn't take that much effort or time to clean up a Duo ~window~ mess."

"I know. It only took me 6 min. for the window mess."

"Then what were you doing in there? Hang on! You didn't clean up Duo's ~other~ mess, did you?!"

Trowa lifted his head up from his slouch and smiled weakly at the blue-eyed boy on the couch.

"Trowa! You didn't have to..."

"Yes, I did..." Trowa cut in, taking the pillow away from the blonde's head and upper back, so he could reclaim his seat as the pillow. "You know Duo won't clean it up, even though he ~did~ promise. He always finds an excuse to get out of it. And you and Heero would be pissed id you had to clean up ~that~ mess. So, I took the responsibility this time," the boy proclaimed as he plopped down onto the couch, resting the blonde's head upon his lap.

Quatre rolled his eyes and sighed. "The things you do to keep me in a good mood..."

Trowa simply placed a kiss on the boy's forehead, his back popping in protest of the bending, but relieving the pain from all that work.

In the car on their way home from eating, Heero remembered something.

"Duo?"

"Yea?" the boy responded, looking away from the windshield to Heero, who couldn't look back at him since he was driving.

"You know you've still hot that mess to clean up..."

"How much you wanna bet that I do?"

"What are ~you~ talking about? That huge mess in the kitchen is yours, and ~you're~ cleaning it up this time. You promised."

"Like I said, how much you wanna bet?"

"A day's slavery, that's how much."

"Okay."

When they got home, Quatre and Trowa were in the music room, playing their favorite duet.

The first place Heero head was to the kitchen and muttered, "Trowa, omae o korosu!"

"As of 12 o'clock tonight, you're my personal slave..." Duo said triumphantly as he followed Heero out of the kitchen.

'At least I have four hours of freedom; it's 8 o'clock now...'

By 10 o'clock, Heero was out like a light, hoping he would sleep heavily tonight.

Quatre, who was concerned about why it was so quiet in the house, went upstairs to check on Heero and Duo before he went to bed, and was shocked to see Heero already asleep, but wasn't surprised to see Duo up and about.

"Duo?" the blonde said quietly, not wanting to disturb the slumbering boy in the next room, poking his head into Duo's room.

Duo, had yet again, successfully scared the daylights out of the boy by hiding on the opposite side of his bed, the side facing away from the door, and popping up and grabbing the boy's hips when he was close enough to the foot of the bed. "You rang?" he laughed at the frightened boy.

Quatre had to catch his breath and pop his eyes back into socket before he could respond.

Even after catching his breath, all he could manage was a squeak and a gulp, "You should go thank Trowa..."

"Why's that?"

By now, Quatre had ~most~ of his voice back. "Because he cleaned up your mess..es...again..."

"Okay....I will. I will."

"Now!" the blonde ordered.

"Sheesh! You don't have to get all grouchy about it!" Duo replied to the boy who wore an aggravated expression on his face, his finger pointing to the door.

"If you don't do it now, you won't do it later, so move it! Trowa deserves to be thanked after having cleaned up your messes for the past two weeks!"

"Okay, okay. I'm going already!" he replied, slinking past the boy sideways to prevent an attack from the blonde.

Quatre gave a triumphant "humph!" and nodded once as he did so.

Duo trudged down the hall toward the 'happy couples' room to find the silent one.

When he reached his destination, Quatre jumped in front of him and opened the door, skipping inside and over to Trowa happily.

Duo followed him inside, but was nowhere near as excited to see Trowa as Quatre had been.

"Uh, hi Trowa..." the braided one said, not knowing how to word his thanks at the moment.

"Hi."

"I just wanted to say thanks got what you've done for me...ya know...the mess thing..."

"You're welcome, but from now on...you're cleaning up your own messes, including the window climb ins."

"Kay." He turned to the blonde, who was glomped onto Trowa's left arm. "Can I go back to my room now?"

"Yes, Duo..."

With those words, Duo bound out of the room and down the hall to his own room, ready to finish his 'list-o-things-for-Heero-to-do'.


1) Une Chez Vache: The Cow House... =Þ (I'm such a cow...literally)


On to part 3...~Coming soon~