Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Lullaby ❯ Two Moons part I ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer: As always… I will never, ever own Gundam Wing… ever… (sniff)
Sweet Lullaby
Chapter 9: Two Moons Part I
 
The drugs wanted to quickly leave his body he could definitely feel it. “Hey!” he began to yell, in hopes that any of the two would hear him. “Hey! Oh, come on! When I don't need you guys, you're always here,” he insisted, but no one came. He felt like his guts were getting ripped to shreds, the pain was getting unbearable by the minute.
As he began to get irritated, he started pounding on the wall, “fuck,” he mumbled. He really wanted to go to the bathroom.
“What do you want?” Richard the smallest of the brothers rushed in, now he wasn't sure if he was the smallest including by age, because his face like his brother's was always covered. But even so he was more reasonable then the other guy, he told Duo to call him Richard, it was probably a made up name… however it gave him the certainty that he wasn't as bad as his brother.
After a moment of analyzing Richard the braided ex-pilot realized that Richard's voice had completely changed. “Hey what's wrong with your voice?” Duo dared to ask. It wasn't the voice he was used to hearing, it wasn't husky anymore and it was more boyish like. The man cleared his throat but it didn't help at all, Duo was being more suspicious then before.
“What did you want?” The flustered man asked.
Duo looked around and realized the other guy wasn't with him, somehow he felt relieved, there was just something more evil about the other one, the hatred was stronger or so it seemed.
“I need to go to the bathroom,” Duo groaned.
“Fine,” the man complied and cleared his throat once again. He led him to the bathroom and even though he was in pain, it was the perfect opportunity to check his surroundings. Richard was a bit naïve and didn't threaten him with a gun all the time unlike his brother.
The pilot was feeling a lot better after, his head wasn't as dizzy as before and he could think clearer now. He had scanned the place; it seemed like a normal home although he couldn't make out where the door was or anything else for that matter, the bathroom was pretty secluded.
I have to find a way to get out of this mess… or at least warn Heero to protect Mai. But in fact that was something that kept him at ease; he knew Heero would protect his daughter no matter what. Nevertheless he wasn't going to resign in dying at a place like that and less without knowing the reasons why.
As Duo sat back down into his usual spot, he was startled not by Richard's voice, but by his sudden words, “You could end this if you want.”
His eyes widened in shock, did he really mean it? Or was it just another trick? It felt like he meant it, or so Duo thought. There was angst in his tone, different from his usual husky and rough voice. Odd, he thought, it seemed like Richard was a different person this time.
“What do you mean by I could end this?” He stared at him with valor mirroring from his violet eyes, yet inside he was frightened by the kind of answer he would receive. However, he received none; the man with light brown eyes stared at him back and said nothing.
Odd, he thought once again, his eyes gave in a different feel, like it was a whole different person. His eyes almost reflected, care?
“You have to tell me. What did you mean by it?” Duo's tone increased remarkably, violet eyes changed to a darker color. “If you won't answer that, then let me tell you something. I don't think you want to be doing this.”
Richard was dumbfounded; he moving back a few paces said it all. Duo had hit the spot or so he hoped.

“You don't know anything.” And with those words Duo knew he had found a weakness.
So he decided he would push even further, “I don't think you're like your brother at all-“
“Shut up! Just shut up!” Richard shouted, “You don't know me or my brother!” He cocked his gun and aimed it at Duo's head, the small voice telling him over and over he should kill him, but another voice told him not to. It made him angry to remember his brother's words, that he would never be like him. The braided ex-pilot did not move but not once did he show any signs of panic, instead he had a slight grin on his face.
“You're definitely a Gundam Pilot…” He stated while he lowered his gun.
Duo's grin faded and it hit him, “Is that what this is about… me being a Gundam Pilot?!”
“It's more then you being a Gundam Pilot, it's paying for your sins…”
“My sins?” He repeated.
“Our family was disintegrated because of you…”
That voice somehow became familiar, No way, it can't be, it must be the drugs, Duo thought. Shaking the thought off his head, he looked at him defiantly. “We all lost people we loved in the War, all of us who participated don't have it easy… You think I can sleep at night? Or live with the fact that I killed fathers, brothers, sisters and only God knows how many more families I did disintegrate.”
He knew this day would come, Heero, Wufei and Trowa knew it too; that one day the past would come back to haunt them. Duo was just regretting that it had to happen now, when he had a life to look forward to and a daughter that needed him. He hated himself for a lot of things he did in the past and tried to make amends in any way he could. But I'm still being punished.
X.x.X.x.X
 
 
Wufei looked over the window admiring the two moons that decorated the colony. They gave off a radiant yet gentle light and the large window allowed the soft colors to enter the room. Heero walked over by his side and rested his back on the wall next to the window.
“Evie went to check on Mai.” Heero stated bluntly.
Wufei nodded, it was as if he had read his mind. “Maisha didn't seem herself today.”
Heero grunted as a response, “She won't tell me what's bothering her.”
“Heh, that's because you're no good with woman Yuy.” Wufei taunted and smirked, but only to receive a glare from his not so amused friend.
After an extended amount of silence, Heero decided it was time to question the Chinese ex-pilot. “So why are you really here?”
Wufei arched his left eyebrow, his black eyes reflecting confusion, “What do you mean?”
“You didn't come here just to check up on me,” he asserted in his regular monotone self.
He replied with a grin, Heero knew him very well but then again it was mutual at times. “You're right, it seems destiny wanted us to get together anyhow,” he began, “It was just a coincidence at first, I saw Duo, he hid the reason of why he was here in the first place. Then he told me to watch Mai when I could and that she was going to be with you…” Heero maintained quiet and watched outside the window while he listened. “I didn't think Duo would find you, I thought he had given up… after we all decided to stop looking for you.”
That caught Heero off guard, his icy blue eyes softened; they had been looking for him. The first thing in his mind before he left was I'm not going to be missed.
“You still didn't answer my question,” he retorted trying to change the awkward subject. He didn't like to think of those things, it just made him feel worst and he had enough with his guilt to torment him every day.
“There's an important investigation that I'm leading…”Wufei crossed his arms, he was hoping they wouldn't touch this subject so he wouldn't have to do what Lady Une ordered him to do.
Heero's eyes seemed to sparkle at the talk of investigation, that frightened the Chinese Preventer. “What kind of investigation?”
He rolled his eyes and sought to answer, “This HC-32 case that has become a pain to the whole Unit-“
“Human cloning?” Heero was well aware of most cases, Lady Une made sure to inform him when he was really needed. “Wasn't that case suspended?”
“It was, for lack of evidence and such. Not long ago however, we found the body of Central Africa's Goodwill Ambassador-“
“Kent Farrow…” Heero acknowledged. “What does his death have to do with the HC-32 case?”
“His body was a clone,” he specified and gritted his teeth. Never in his Preventer career had he taken so long in closing a case, his frustration was imminent.
Heero was slowly becoming intrigued, he hadn't taken a case in a while, Lady Une hadn't called since the last time she offered him a job there. Placing his left hand on his chin he pondered about what Wufei had said, “How could you mistake a clone for a real human?”
“New development, you see we found a nanobot pill.”
Astounded by this new discovery Heero was now eager to know more. “You found a nanobot? Their manufacturing is illegal, not to mention there aren't many resources for them,” he proceeded logically, “leaving that aside, it is nearly impossible for a nanobot to move the body at all. It just can't be done.”
 
“They didn't use it to give life to the clone…” Wufei waited to see if he would take a wild guess, but for the first time the Perfect Soldier was at a lost. “They used it to introduce DNA on the body, Farrow's DNA, that's how it was lead to believe he was dead and that it was his body,” he took a deep breath before continuing, his eager listener faced him and showed him a lot more interest than he expected. “Une, wasn't convinced about the autopsy, said they can be negligent. Besides that, Farrow was a childhood friend, so Une took it personal… the body was sent to the best forensic crew we have. That's when they found that the nanobot hadn't deteriorated completely. ”
“It was meant for disintegration?”
“Hence the pill formation…” he complied, “They wanted everyone to believe that was the real Farrow. We would've been screwed if the nanobot had been dissolved.”
Heero nodded in understanding, it was by far the most interesting case he had ever heard of so far, besides Relena's attempt assassination years ago. “I see… but what's the point? Other than Animal Cloning, cloning humans is absolutely useless, there has been no breakthrough and clone humans can't talk, walk or breathe for that matter. So-“
Wufei cut him short with even more unraveling information, “That's not all; we are not sure what they're planning to do. But we do know that the nanobot pills aren't exclusive to clone usage. They can be used as drugs and alter nerves, voice and can even render you're unconscious to enslavement.”
“What? How is that possible?” Heero was dumbstruck he had never heard of such a thing. “Is it a new weapon?”
“We used it on one of our agents a very well trained one at that, yet he lost it, maybe the composition we used wasn't like theirs. After all we were just experimenting with what we had, still it bothered me, his vocal cords managed different types of pitches, not to mention he turned violent, saying things we didn't understand,” he clarified. “As for your last question, we're not sure, that's why I'm on the case… and Une wants you in on it too.”
“Hn,” he grunted and turned to look another way. Indulging in his thoughts of whether to join the case or not, he eyed Wufei just to get a glimpse of his old comrade, “I'll do what I can,” and with that he answered. Leaving the White Dragon amazed that he would actually accept.
“What about Farrow?”
“We don't know if he's being held captive… or dead.”
Surely this was turning for the worst and life had a pretty messed up way to get them back together. The only question remains, is it a new threat? And if it is how will it affect their lives?
X.x.x.X.x.x.X
Special thanks to Hikaru Itsuko for always reviewing and being a faithful reader! You're the best.
Also thank you for your wonderful review TinyDarkAngel, I'm glad you're still reading and that you like it. Thank you deeply for the review you're awesome!!
A/N: This will be a two part chapter… sort of… explaining on what is going on with Duo. I know what you're thinking, “About freaking time!”
Yeah, I know, sorry it took a while but I had to show how the characters had developed so far and how they've changed since it will affect their future. I didn't want it to be too long, because I didn't want to bore you… with a super long chapter so the next will be on Duo too. Maybe Mai too, if you think it shouldn't have Mai and only Duo then you can tell me. I accept pointers. As you can tell past chapter 2 I've been working with multiple characters, it's not that easy but I like it.
If you want to see what my OC's look like in my twisted mind, then go to my profile the links for their images are there. Oh and please vote on the poll, I'm really interested in your opinion! My profile at http://www.fanfiction.net/~xxmelijnightlyxx
ONE MORE THING! REVIEEEEW!! Make me happy!!!