Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ One Step Forward… ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A little note to Silver before we begin: I wouldn't say there is an explosion in
every chapter (although your right, it wouldn't be TPD195 without them), but if
there isn't an explosion one or all of the following happens: there's a prank
pulled on Une; an exasperated Quatre; Sally, Noin, or Zechs being a smart-ass
(if your lucky all three in the same chapter).

( Uncle voice) One more thing The prototype beginning for Silvermask has been written and it may be up in two months.

Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Thirteen: One Step Forward

Chief Une walked crisply through the halls towards the somewhat underused interrogation room. Andy had just informed her that Keeper had just finished giving her statement to Sergeant Peacecraft and Officer Winner; the latter chosen at the request of Keeper herself, who said she wouldn't talk unless the cute little blonde she landed on was present. Une decided to humor the young woman for now as she needed all the information she could get. Presently, that information could only be gotten from the unedited report that was in the interrogation room at this moment. She opened the door to find Keeper
smirking at Quatre from one end of the table that she and the two tank police
officers were sitting at. Sergeant Peacecraft was also smirking at Quatre; the
younger blonde putting a recording disc and some notes into a manila envelope.
Une cleared her throat. Oh, hello Chief. Quatre said, saluting.

Is there something you needed? Milliardo asked.

If you're done with the questioning, I'd like to have the tape and Quatre's notes. Une said, placidly.

Yes ma'am. Quatre said, handing her the envelope.

So what am I supposed to do now? Keeper asked.

You are going to be put under protective custody until either myself or the D.A. comes up with a better idea. However, I haven't quite figured out where you should be placed yet, so you'll have to hang around here until then. In the meantime, Sergeant Peacecraft and Officer Winner can handle the initial processing procedure.

Peachy

Isn't it though. And with that, Une left.

I s she always like that, or am I just special?

Nah, she's usually this bitchy. Milliardo replied, blandly.

Sarge! Quatre exclaimed.

What? Milliardo smirked. You expect me to lie?

No, but you shouldn't say such things.

Exactly why I say them. Besides, as long as the Chief never finds out there's no real harm done.

But still

Excuse me, Keeper interrupted. As interesting as this is, isn't there something you should be doing right now?

Oh yeah, it's lunch time isn't it? Milliardo grinned.

I think she meant the processing for protective custody. Quatre said, glaring at the senior officer.

Which would you rather do right now? Boring paperwork or have lunch?

Hey, I'm all for eating lunch! Keeper said, smirking slightly.

There you see. Milliardo said triumphantly.

I'm surrounded by goofballs Quatre moaned.

Better a goofball than a stick-in-the-mud. Keeper chided.</p><p>Look guys! Quatre's got a girlfriend! Duo jeered as Quatre, Keeper, and Sargeant Peacecraft walked into the cafeteria.

Shut up Duo. Quatre growled, fighting down a blush. Keeper latched onto his arm.

You know you like it. She purred, and nuzzled his neck.

What is this, torment Quatre day?

How could you possibly call that torment? Trowa snickered.

Et tú, Barton?

Lighten up, Quatre. We're just having a little fun with you. Duo said.

Oh don't mind him, he's been like that ever since the Chief made him help me interrogate Keeper here. Milliardo said.

Faline. Keeper corrected.

Beg pardon? Wufei blinked.

My name is Faline. Faline said.

Then why did those guys keep calling you Keeper? Heero asked. Faline stood up and sauntered over to where Heero was sitting.

Take a good look at me. Heero let his eyes travel up the woman's form, lingering a little longer than appropriate on her chest before continuing. (1)

Stupid question he squeaked.

Faline Layla Colwell. Une read outloud. Alias: Keeper. Born September 5, 2069. Family: one older brother named Peter. All other relations deceased. Faline says that her brother's gang was contracted by one of the big fish in the underground to threaten Tseratopolis. They got paid a great deal of money for the job, too. Correspondence between the big boss and the gang was done via a go-between so no one had no real idea of who they were dealing with no one except Peter who decided to find out on his own.

So the little fish were hired by a big fish to threaten the old man. But where does the arson come in? Captain Scot asked.

Apparently the threats weren't working too well so the big boss decided it was time for more drastic measures. The gang members were to wait out of sight near the book store until Tseratopolis went out to lunch. The majority of them were to set the place on fire while two of them accompanied by two of the boss's goons trailed Tseratopolis. Once they got to a secluded enough spot they would take the old man somewhere. (2)

So the old guy didn't run off

He was kidnapped.

Does Faline know where they took him?

No, but her brother might.

Any idea where he is?

No clue. The only one who knows where he could be is Faline and I really doubt that she'll tell us her brother's probable whereabouts. Looks like it's back to square one again.

Aw hell

Back in the cafeteria

So where are you going to stay? Trowa asked Faline.

Hey, I know, she can stay with Quatre! Duo leered. Quatre spit out his coffee.

WHAT?! he bellowed.

Well why not?</p><p>Yeah blondie, why not? Faline asked.

First of all, don't call me blondie. Second, my place is a one-bedroom apartment. Quatre stated hotly.

So what? We'll share the bed.

There's no way I'm sharing a bed with you!

Fine, you can sleep on the couch. Quatre sputtered incoherently as his friends laughed. Fortunately for him, Captain Scot chose to make an appearance and save him from further embarrassment.

Miss Colwell Captain Scot started.

Just call me Faline. That 'miss' stuff makes me feel old.

Faline then. The Chief has decided that you will be staying in one of the overnight rooms and meals will be provided. If you feel you need to leave the station you must be accompanied by a tank police officer. Also the captain took out a syringe.

Hey now Faline protested.

Relax, it's just a nano-tracker. Wufei said.

What, don't trust me? she accused as the captain injected the tracking device into her arm.

Not as far as we can throw you. Captain Scot said. It's been my experience that the beautiful ones are the most dangerous.

Flattery will get you everywhere.

After all the paperwork was done, and Faline was thoroughly searched, Quatre and Duo showed her where she would be staying.

Well at least it's a nice prison (3). It's even got a TV. Faline commented. The room itself wasn't much bigger than your average college dorm. There was a small closet, a bed with two pillows and a blanket, a television set, a counter, a small desk, and a chair.

All the comforts of home. Duo waved his arm around the room. Well, just about The place could use a kitchen and a couple more rooms.

I don't mind. I can't cook anyway. Everything I try to make ends up being Cajun food.

Attention all on duty personnel. Robbery in progress at the Macht Research Center! announced the PA.

Back to work. Quatre shrugged. You get settled and if you need anything, call up someone on the intercom. See you later, Faline. He shut the door behind him as he and Duo left.

Yeahlater. Faline sighed, sitting on the bed and turning on the television.




(1) Our Heero is a little pervertsnicker
(2) Guess how long it took me to come up with that one? Seriously though, does that seem a bit contrived to you?
(3) Stole this line from Blue Seed.


Additional author's notes: Is it me, or is this starting to look like a 4xOC. I seriously never intended for there to be any romance whatsoever, how did that little bit of innuendo get in there????