Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ Draft ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Up to this point I had been writing the fanfic in a five subject notebook
before typing it. I ran out of pages right after the last chapter and this is the only one that wasn ' t written in a notebook first hence the title of this chapter. Now for those of you wondering about the title of the last chapter, I just felt like being silly.

Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Twenty-Six: Draft

Where the hell did you get this thing?! Captain Scot demanded, jerking a thumb at the spider tank. And who ' s driving?

After making a hasty exit from the room, the group was making an expedient
retreat from the newly exposed weapon factory.

Actually, it ' s Duo ' s. Heero said. And he ' s the one driving.

Duo ' s ?! the captain parroted.

Can we save this for after we get out of here? Milliardo grunted. We ' ve got company in case you hadn ' t noticed.

True enough, as some very irate men in black suits had decided to make their escape from the factory as unpleasant as possible.

I don ' t suppose any of you brought any extra guns? Captain Scot a sked.

Sorry, sir. Sergeant Peacecraft grunted, firing a shot over his shoulder.
We didn ' t exactly run into an armory while we were busting through the walls.

Who are you people?! the old man yelled.

Just some really concerned citizens. Wufei replied. Yo! Duo, we need an exit!

Been looking for one, Wu but no luck. Duo replied over the P.A. Looks like I ' m gonna have to make one... and he blasted the nearest wall with a micro missile. Go on ahead! I ' ll hold off the James Bond movie rejects.

You don ' t need to tell me twice. Noin muttered, shoving the old man ahead of her. If I had known I would be spending most of today running for my life I would ' ve eaten a bigger breakfast.

What did I say about the bitching? Captain Scot yelled at her.

More walls were blasted down as the tank officers and the old man desperately tried to escape the building.

I ' m surprised they haven ' t called the police yet. Wufei muttered.

Be grateful. Milliardo said. They probably don ' t want anyone finding out what they ' re really up to in here.

Of course, that is why they are trying to kill us. Noin added, dryly. Why didn ' t we just go out the way you guys came in?

We came in through the service elevator and Duo had to blow it up to keep some angry suits from following us. Heero replied as Duo blew up another wall. Hey watch it, you almost hit us!

Sorry! Duo yelled.

Hey this hole goes outside! Noin cheered.

Right. Climb on you guys, we can get away from here faster if you ride on my tank.

Wait a second Duo, open up and let the old guy ride with you. Milliardo
said.

Okay, but it ' s going to be a tight fit.

Duo ended up having to make the hole in the wall bigger to avoid scraping anyone off by accident and they were soon speeding away from the facility; the suits yelling ineffectual curses at the retreating vehicle. They drove around back alleys and side streets to make sure they weren ' t followed before Duo drove them back to Trowa ' s house. Quatre was waiting for them as Duo had radioed ahead before they arrived.

Everybody off, I gotta go park this thing out back. Duo said, as the others shakily clambered off.

I never want to ride on the outside of a tank again. Wufei m oaned.

Especially not one Duo ' s driving. Heero agreed.

When they got inside, Trowa was waiting in the kitchen with Catherine. Sometime while they were gone she had come home.

Who ' s the old guy? she asked.

Oh, this is... Captain Scot blinked and then turned to the old man. I ' m sorry I don ' t think I got your name.

We didn ' t exactly have time to exchange pleasantries. The elderly man grunted. Although I ' m surprised you don ' t recognize me. I ' m Dr. Hyrum Tseratopolis.

You know, I thought you looked familiar but I wasn ' t really sure since we were so busy running for our lives and such.

Indeed. And just who are you people?

Well I suppose there ' s no harm in telling you, we ' re tank police officers.

You ' re what!! Oh no this is not good! Tseratopolis panicked. I thought you weren ' t supposed to interfere! They said they ' d detonate the bomb if the tank police interfered....well they are going to do it anyway, but if they do it now thousands of people will die!

Woah woah slow down. Wufei said, ushering the distraught man to the sofa. What do you mean?

You already know they had me build a bomb, correct?

Yes. Noin confirmed. A bacteria eradicating one.

Ah, so you were able to find out much were you, but do you have any idea why?

No, we ' ve been trying to figure that out for months. Can you enlighten
us? Heero asked.

It ' s a test. Dr. Tseratopolis spat bitterly. The scientists at DBO think they have a serum that can remove the accumulated toxins in our bodies, returning mankind to a state similar to the way it was before the bacterial cloud. However, if it is administered now people would get sick and die because those toxins make us immune to the effects of the cloud so it would have to be removed first. That ' s where the bomb comes in.

So wait, they want to remove the cloud from the city so they can test some serum?! Quatre exclaimed. Tseratopolis nodded, ruefully.

They were going to administer it to the populace once the cloud was gone. Of course, it would only be a temporary version since the cloud would return in a matter of years, but that ' s more than enough time to see if the serum worked and then give everyone a permanent version. The only problem was how to remove city-sized section of the cloud? They had a way but no means to execute it.

Which is why they kidnapped you. Milliardo surmised.

Exactly. I was to build a version of a bomb I had designed for the military, only the payload would be an anti-bacterial solution developed by D O.

You said thousands would die if they detonated it. Duo pointed out.

Now yes. You see, in order for it to work it has to be launched into the cloud and detonated once inside of it. Right now that bomb is somewhere inside the city.

Damn. Catherine breathed.

Do you know where they took it? Captain Scot asked.

Unfortunately I don ' t and the head men have probably been contacted about you rescuing me. Tseratopolis said grimly. We probably have a bit of time, though. In order to keep it from detonating too soon the timer on the bomb is programmed not to detonate until the bomb itself has traveled a distance equal to at least thirty-thousand miles.

So they would have to send the bomb thirty-thousand miles from wherever they were going to launch it from in order for it to ex plode?

Yes.

Heero, do you think you can hack into the DBO database and see if they own any airfields or aerospace companies either in or near this city?

I ' m on it. Heero saluted, sitting down at the laptop.

Noin, get a hold of Une and tell her to somehow get the Vice Mayor to evacuate everyone to the underground shelters. If we can ' t find that thing at least we ' ll know that the citizens are safe.

Right. Noin replied, going into the next room.

What do you want the rest of us to do, captain? Milliardo asked.

We ' ll wait and see if what the word is from Une and we ' ll take it from there. Captain Scot said.