Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ Makes You Want to Scream ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Makes You Want to Scream

Chief Une was going through a stack of reports when Andy buzzed her on the intercom. Umma'amOfficer ermOfficer Noin is on line threeit's.urgent. he stammered

Put her through. Une said, wondering why the young man was so nervous. Une here.

Chief Une, ma'am I ummm. Are you sitting down?

Yes was the suspicious reply. Why? Noin explained the situation and the chief exploded with rage .

YOU IDIOTS!!! YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS!! IF IT WEREN'T AGAINST THE LAW I'D KILL YOU ALL!!!

Chief Une ma'am. Please, remember your blood pressure

SCREW MY BLOOD PRESSURE!! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING !!!

Noin held the receiver away from her ear as Une screamed obscenities at her . While the female tank officer took the verbal abuse alone, Duo was telling Trowa , Catherine, and Quatre about the escapade at the fireworks factory.

Which reminds me, Captain Scot. you still haven't explained the tank.

Heero already told you, it's mine. Duo replied.

Last time I checked your tank doesn't have two medium grade laser cannons mounted on the sides. Sergeant Peacecraft pointed out.

The tank you guys assigned me at this precinct doesn't . M y tank does.

Are you telling us that the tank parked out back is from the 113 th ?! Quatre gaped. They let you keep it?! Isn't that illegal?

You're not listening . Duo grinned. It doesn't belong to the 113 th it belongs to me.

Okay, that does it. Catherine rubbed her temples. I want to hear the whole story. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

Hmmwhere to start? Ah, well, you all know I was pretty much raised in the 113 th 's HQ. My dad ran the division's chop shop, basically taking apart old machines and making new equipment. Well, one day Captain Mair brings in this scrap heap of a spider tank; some rookie had totaled it on their first day. My dad looks at me and he says, 'What do you think?' I looked him right in the eye and tell him that we can rebuild it even better than it was before. The captain laughed at me and told me that if I could do it he'd let me keep it. He didn't believe that machine could be salvaged but I told him that I could do it in a year. It took me seven and a half months to repair it, and two and a half months to learn how to operate it properly, but I did it. That tank's not in the tank police registered database but it is registered as a civilian vehicle. I can drive it anywhere as long as I remove the firing mechanism for the canons.

Do you? Drive it I mean? asked Quatre.

Nah, it's no fun if you can't blow something up. Just then, Noin joined the group, face ashen.

Well? Captain Scot prompted.

Une wants us at HQ now . Replied Noin.

Oh hell

They expected to be yelled at. They expected to be threatened with death, torture, and pay cuts. They didn't expect Chief Une to leap onto Cap tain Scot the minute he walked through the door and strangle him.

You never listen to me! Chief Une raged, punctuating each word by slamming the captain's head into the wall. We are going to die because younever.listen.tome!!

Chief Une! Control yourself! Relena ordered. She and Vice Mayor Beckel (who was too busy being stunned by the chief's display) had been called in to be briefed on the situation at hand. I understand your frustration but this is not helping anyone! Release the captain at once!

Er yeahwhat she said mumbled the vice mayor. Chief Une gave an exasperated sigh and removed her hands from Captain Scot's neck. Said captain fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

Are you okay, sir? Milliardo inquired.

She wasactually trying tokill me! wheezed Captain Scot. My Godshe was trying to kill me.

Thanks to you we're all going to die! Chief Une snapped making to strangle him again; she was restrained by two tank officers. Let me go! It's justifiable homicide!!!

Quatre, furrowed his brow for a few moments before coming to a decision. Purposefully he strode over to the struggling woman, looked her straight in the eyes, and slapped her. Stunned silence filled the room. The two officers that had been restraining her backed off quickly. Slowly, the tank police chief brought her hand up and lightly touched her cheek.

Thank you, I needed that. Une said absently. Dr. Tsertatopolis? The retired scientist fidgeted , not sure it was safe to answer.

Eryes? he stammered.

Tell us everything you know about that bomb you helped build. Mr. Vice Mayor?

Yes? Beckel murmered.

I need you to lock down the city and have everyone evacuated to the underground shelters. Those guys will want to leave the city before they do anything else and I want to catch them when they try.

Elsewhere, Dr. Simms and Mr. Evans had already heard about the incident at the fireworks factory and were preparing to make good on their threat.

We can still make our escape with the money. Dr. Simms said. They don't know who we are and they don' t know where we are.

What about the bomb? asked Evans.

I'm rewiring the bomb and turning the failsafe device into a timer. I'm going to take the activating remote with us as a precaution. It will make a nice bargaining chip. Now, go get Mesor and tell him to bring the car around. We have a plane to catch.

Back at the 195 th 's headquarters, Dr. Tseratopolis had finished his explanation .

Is there any way to find that thing? Vice Mayor Beckel asked.

Not until it's active. Replied Tseratopolis. And given that they know the tank police has me in their custody they may alter the bomb in some way so that they don't have to launch it.

But they won't be stupid enough to detonate it while they are still in the city so naturally they'll try to escape. Chief Une pointed out.

That is a very big assumption, chief. The vice mayor pointed out.

It's not an assumption, it's a fact. The doctor here has given us a great deal of insight into the minds of the people he was working for, and they don't seem like the suicidal type. There was a knock at the door. Enter. Andy poked his head in.

The city has been successfully locked down, although evacuation is still going on. Vehicles have been restricted to police and military only. He reported.

Very good. The vice mayor nodded. Send this order to all divisions within the city limits: patrol all airports, seaports, and make sure nobody accesses the subway system until further notice. No one except the police and the military are to be allowed on the streets, and absolutely no one may leave the city limits until the all clear is given.

Yes sir. Saluted Andy and left.

God help us if this doesn't work