Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Oni ❯ Lunch ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Where are they?" Duo asked for about the fifth time in two minutes. Then he heard the chiming of Farin's laughter and the venting of Wufei as the guys rounded the corner of the school. They stopped when they saw the others sitting by the fountain. "Gomen minna, but Wufei got detention for a week and I had to go to the nurse." Farin said as she hugged Duo and then hugged Quatre, who just ruffled her hair.

"Wufei, why did you get detention?" Quatre asked as he and Farin sat down on the fountain rim. Wufei glared at Farin who shrunk behind Quatre.

"I got in to a fight." He muttered Duo smiled. "I thought that was supposed to be my job."

"Why?" Quatre asked.

"Because he was mad when I got pushed into the bleachers during ultimate frisbee so then he pounded the guy in the middle of the locker room." Farin said while looking down at the ground so Wufei would not see her tiny smile. Trowa handed Farin her lunch and Wufei said, "Onna if you had listened to me and sat out, then none of this would have happened."

"Gomen ne, Fei-chan." Farin said as she looked up with a tiny smile on her face, then she quickly set aside her lunch, stood, hugged Wufei and then sat back down all in one smooth motion.

"Farin why were you at the nurse's office?" Heero asked as he sat down in front of her and Quatre. "Ummm… when I got hit, my shoulder started to bleed, but it wasn't too noticeable until after P.E. was over."

"Farin aren't you supposed to have pain killers?" Duo asked.

"Hai, Duo-kun, demo I forgot to give you the note." She said as she handed Duo the small bit of paper. "It is for perocet." She flashed him a small smile.

"We'll pick it up after school." Heero said and they resumed eating their lunch. About halfway through lunch, a guy approached the group, but seemed very apprehensive. The young man had a black eye, a slight limp and was cradling his left arm to his chest. He stopped just outside their group and bowed to them and said, "I'm sorry, Farin." and he looked up from the bow and straightened.

"Who is this Farin?" Quatre asked with a slightly hard edge to his voice.

Farin whispered in the steal silence "The guy who pushed me in to the bleachers." The guys rose as they heard this. Duo asked in very politely controlled rage "What is your name?" Farin made slashing motions with her hands telling him not to answer; yet the fool said "James" and Farin hits her head with her hand. Trowa said "Run" and Farin nodded. The boy blinked, took two steps backwards and fled from the group. Lunch resumed with five overprotective guards watching her.