Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Oni ❯ Claiming ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The days flew by and Farin healed quickly and well, by the end of the week there was not a mark on her body and her hair was only eight inches short of were it should be at. It was a late on a Thursday afternoon and the guys were going to tell Farin about them being Gundam pilots. Farin was up in the practice salle listing to her newly burned CD of old 20-21 century music and doing her katas and other forms of fighting. The red glow that was caste on the room made her stop to watch the sunset and reminded her that she had dinner duty that night. With a soft sigh she put up her weapons and walked down the stairs.

Wufei looked up at Farin's form as she descended the wood stair case; her body caught in the last warm rays of sunlight and seemed to glow in shades of red, gold and purple. The wood reflected the light upwards making it look as if she walked down from the sky and in to the room. Her body shimmered from the light and the sweat that clung to her. As she hit the bottom step, she tilled her head and her eyes flashed and then settled to a light lavender. "Dayoubu-ka minna?" she asks. Heero stood and Farin turned her eyes to him.

"We are the Gundam pilots" Quatre said and Farin flicked her eyes back to him. She scanned the guy's faces and they seem to be holding their breath.

"Okay… you say this like it is a bad thing or something. You all are still my family and nothing is every going to change that. So dinner will be ready in a bit and there is an old classic film festival on the television." Farin said and sighs if relief came from all of them. Farin walked in to the kitchen and the guys relaxed in to the seats, then got up and went it to the T.V. room and flicked on the tube. There was an old film noir running that night along with some old Danny Kay movies and Jerry Louise movies. Farin padded in to the room with to bowls of popcorn: one was buttery the other kettle korn. She placed these on the table and went back to cooking dinner.

The finger food Farin made for dinner put everyone in a comfortable mood. This mood would not last for Dr. J called and was talking to the guys. "Your new mission is to find Tenshi oni and make sure that you get the information that she contains. Do you accept?"

The guys said as one "Mission: accepted."

Farin stepped in to the room her eyes a soft blue and she floated forward using the shadows to cover her face. "Dr. J," she said in a voice that was suited to someone older. Her voice was like soft satin covered steel and sharp as a poisoned blades and twice as deadly. Her eyes held deadly gleam that easily out stripped any one of Heero's. In those soft, cold, emotionless, blue eyes, you could see chaos at the outer rims of her iris and a bit behind that, the fires of hell danced. Neither her soul nor her humanity showed in those eyes, because for her at that moment those things did not exist.

"Tenshi oni," he said sounding very surprised and he continued." We thought you were dead."

Farin shook her head "I was going to call you at the set time and day. There was no need to worry and these young men, I was going to tell tonight but you have saved me the trouble of doing so."

"Dose that mean I get to see your face?"

"No, if you want to see what I look like then come over for a visit, but till then no."

Dr. J smiled and laughed "Tell them what they need to know and than hit the next place on your list you have two weeks" Farin nodded and the screen went blank.

"Tenshi oni," Duo said. Farin nodded and her face was no longer hidden by the shadows. "That was the name you were called at the church if you did some thing good."

"And Oni tenshi if I was being bad." Farin said and sat down. "I gather information for the Preventers in any way possible, some times which means getting caught and almost killed, and getting the information on the way out."

Duo smiled "So you are a spy that works for us." Farin nodded and looked up at them.

"How good are you?" Heero asked.

"The best" Farin stated and then sniffed the air. "Desert!" and bolted out of the room to go save dessert.

"It is a good codename for her." Duo said. "Demonic angel, or Angelic demon." As Farin walked back in carrying muffins and jam.