Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Heart Trilogy Fanfic #2: Light Fades ❯ I Dare You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Forgotten Heart Trilogy Fanfic #2: Light Fades
Chapter 2: I Dare You


Katai sighed, somehow she had known it'd come to this.
"Okay we have to retreat and go back to the colony. If they follow we will defend it from there." She ordered the armies. Slowly they fell back towards the colony. Surprisingly the MMPU mobile suits did not follow. They went back to there ships.

Katai sat on her bed exhausted.She had changed into a simple pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Her hair was let loose. She heard a knock on her door. "Who is it?"
She heard a cough then the person say,
"It's Quatre.""Oh! Come in Quatre!" She said, standing up.
"I'm sorry to disturb you." He said bowing.
"Not you to! Please. Don't bow! It's so annoying everybody treats me like I'm some Goddess." She said in a disgusted voice.
He stood back up straight and smiled at her.
"Well, what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked him.
"What? How'd you know I wanted to talk to you about something?" He asked astounished.
"You must be really tired, your becoming stupid. You came here didn't you? There must be a reason." She said, a little grumpy.
"Well..." He gave a nervious cough, "I-I-I wanted to talk to you about, oh never mind I'm sorry for disturbing you." At that he left the room, embarrassed.
Katai just stood there for a second watching him leave. Odd. Oh well, knowing Quatre he would eventually tell her what was on his mind.
She yawned and opened the door and walked out. A bell rang, supper time. She made her way to her private dinning room. Duo was already sitting there.
"Hello." She said flopping down onto one of the chairs.
"Hey, I wanted to ask you something." Duo said.
"Oh, not you too. What is it?" She demanded.
"I've watched Quatre. He's head over heals for you. He's acting like a silly school girl. Do you like him? Do you love him? Wait. I don't want an answer to that but I think he does. Tell him. I dare you." Duo said.Then, to Katai's relief, her little sister and the others walked in and sat down. Katai stood up. "Thank you everybody. For being here to help me. Thank you for fighting, but we were sloppy. We went in with no plan and no sense. I'm sorry, that was my fault. We must fix this. The scientest are working on a temporary energy shield to encase this colony. That's only this colony. What about the other ones'? It also takes a lot of energy so it will only be put up for twenty days, no more, no less. No ships may come out or in when it is up." She explained to everybody. They all nodded in understanding.
"I'am going to send half of you out to the other colonies to defend them. Trowa, Heero and Wufei you three are going to split up your armies for the diffrent colonies and leave too."
They nodded. The maid brought in plates of food and set them before each of them. Katai sat back down and dug into her food. She ate fast, she was so hungry she just shoveled the food into her mouth.

Katai yawned, it was one o'clock in the morning and she still sat at her desk planning out things. She hit the table in her fury. She hated the MMPU they had destroyed her life! They were threatening to destroy other's lifes too...and she was alone. She was the only one. The only one that could fight them. The only one.... Her thoughts trailed off as she fell asleep on her desk.

Quatre woke her up the next morning with coffee. "Your tired you shouldn't stay up so late working." He told her handing her a cup of coffee.
She looked at her hands, they shook violently. She put down the coffee and put her hands in her lap so he wouldn't see. She shook her head, she was loosing it, on the verge of a nervious break down. She knew it was hardly the time to talk to Quatre about this, but....Duo had dared her..she couldn't resist a dare. Also, for all she knew she wouldn't live through the next fight. She had to make her feelings known.
"Quatre...I want to tell you something. I might not live through the next fight and I have to tell you this." She said.
He nodded as if telling her to continue.
"I Lo-" She was cut short as the door to her office slammed open. "Forgive the intrusion my lady but, your sister has been taken hostage." Said a maid hurridly.
"What?! What happened?" Katai demanded. She was frightend and angry now the MMPU had taken away all that was left of her family. She couldn't let this happen!"They took her during the night. The MMPU leader says that they'll give her back if you take her place. If not....I'm afraid she'll be dead before sunrise tomorrow." The maid explained.
Katai gulped. "I guess I have no choice then. I have to go." She said.
"NO! You can't!" Said Quatre rushing to her side. "I must." Katai said.
"I have no other choice." Quatre couldn't argue. He knew how much Amy ment to Katai.
"Fine, but if you go then I shall fight to find you. Even if I'm killed in the process." Quatre told her grabbing her hand. "Good-bye Quatre..." Katai said allowing herself to be lead out of the room by the maid.
The maid took her to the front doors. "We accept your offer." She told a thin, tall man standing there. He had a white beard and short white hair. His face had very high cheek-bones and his eye's were coal black. He wore a black suit and... he held Amy. "Good." He threw Amy into the maid's arms and then grabbed Katai by her arm and drew her close to him. He pulled her into an awaiting helecopter. The last thing Katai was able to see was Quatre running out from the mansion and screaming something. What was he saying? Something about olive juice? No...she couldn't hear over the roar of the engine but he seemed to be saying....I love you!

~Don't worry there's more this is just the end of the second chapter!~