Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Matchmaker ❯ If It Kills Me ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Matchmaker 8/??
Author: Makoto Sagara
Series: Gundam Wing
Archive: fanfiction.net, afallenangel.net/makotosagara/, mediaminer.org, Foreverfandom.net, makochanupdates.livejournal.com; anywhere else, please ask first.
Category: Supernatural, Angst, Romance, Sap
Pairings: Eventual 2x5x2, 3x4x3, and 1xRx1
Rating: T
Warnings: Shonen ai, language, angst, sap, het, supernatural dealings
Disclaimers: Yeah, like I own Gundam Wing. (Goes off to cry, but not before turning out pockets) I am poor as well. Flames will be used to amuse my muses. They are easily entertained, but highly obnoxious.

A/N: I got suckered into a 1x2 plot bunny, so I was scared that I'd have trouble working on my fun pairing, but it seems to not be a problem. There was a point where the end of chapter 7 nearly made me want to cry b/c it was difficult to get the words out, but the muses finally relented! Enjoy my tears!
Chapter Eight - If It Kills Me
Quatre pulled away again from Trowa, his face flushed and lips kiss-bruised. “I can't,” he whispered. He turned watery aqua eyes to the other man. “I just can't!”
Trowa, feeling frustrated, nodded in understanding and smothered the impulse to resume kissing the smaller man. “I won't force you, Quatre.”
“Thank you.” The blond began searching for his shirt, carefully avoiding looking at the bare, muscled chest and stomach that he very much wanted to kiss, suck and lick. Quickly, he redressed, feeling more in control now that there was a tangible barrier between the two of them. Sadly, he knew that the bulge in his khakis was obvious to the other man. “W- Why?”
Trowa smiled through his bangs and sat down on his bed. “Why what?” When Quatre didn't answer, he blew at his hair and took a deep breath, the words forming in his mind slowly. “When you asked me at lunch about talking to Duo, I assume that you know what it was concerning?” The blond nodded, moving carefully to sit on the other bed. “Then you know why.”
Quatre swallowed, his chest constricting as Trowa's words hit him full in the face. “No…”
“You *know* why I did it, Quatre. You, more than anyone besides Duo, understand the way that I feel,” Trowa growled as the Arab shook his head in denial. “Lie to yourself, if you want, but I can't.”
Quatre sat still, his mind fighting with Trowa's statement and still shaking his head. He looked up as the door opened and the taller pilot stepped out, shirt in hand. “What are you doing?”
“I'm going for a long walk. When you figure it out, you know where to find me.” The door slammed shut, making the blond wince before he lowered his head in his hands.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Duo stumbled into the bedroom as quickly as his protesting right leg would let him. He growled as he saw the king-sized bed that had caused Wufei so much trouble. “What the fuck?”
The Chinese man turned to face his friend. What he was going to say died on his tongue as Duo's eyes flashed dangerously. `He is either going to kill Relena or…' He blushed, turning his head to stare out the window. `Why is it when he's close I can think of nothing but kissing him?'
Wufei's thoughts were enough to break through Duo's anger. `He still wants to… kiss me?' He backed against the wall. `Oh shit…'
“There is no way that we can stay in the same bed. I will call the front desk to see about getting a different room.” Wufei made for the sitting room of the suite, his hand brushing against Duo and sending an electric shock through both men.
Duo could feel his heart rate quicken and his blood pump to places he'd rather it not at that slight touch. But, the pain of his long unused limbs forced him to sit down on the room's lone bed and breathe deeply. `Can't touch `Fei. Can't touch `Fei. Want to touch… Can't… Oh. My. God. I'm screwed! So screwed.'
“Yes, I would like to know if you have another room available,” Wufei said tersely. “I require a double, not a king.” `I will not maim Peacecraft. I will not…' “What do you mean you don't have any other rooms available?” Pause and a mental growl that sent shivers up Duo's back. “A medical conference?” He growled again mentally and Duo whimpered quietly. “No, that is all.”
Duo looked up to see his friend standing in the doorway, scowling. “So, no new room?” he asked after clearing his voice, but not really able to control it.
“No, evidently, we are stuck in this room, and I am pretty sure that killing Relena Peacecraft might be worth having to fight Yuy once again.”
The American fought the urge to snicker and lay down on the bed, on his side away from Wufei. “Well, I mean, I guess I don't mind it,” he said quietly.
`What is he talking about? There is only one…' Wufei blushed and turned around to look out the window again. “I can sleep out on the couch in the sitting room.”
“That's stupid,” Duo shouted, sitting up quickly and then wishing he hadn't as the blood rushed to his head. “That `couch' out there is a glorified loveseat that wouldn't even fit a five year old.” He took a deep breath. `Now or never, Duo.' “Besides, this is a large bed and I'm sure that…” He stopped as his face flushed. “What if… I fall trying to get to the bathroom or something?”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Relena looked across the table at her dinner companion and had to suppress the urge to sigh. Heero was nervous, which in and of itself was odd to witness, and the only thing that gave him away was the way his eyes refused to meet her own. When she'd accepted the dinner invitation that he offered, this wasn't the way she'd imagined the evening going. In her mind, they would have a fabulous meal with stimulating conversation, and probably end with a sweet kiss. Now, she was revising it to just a great meal and no talking.
“Heero, is this what you had planned for our evening?” She waved her hand limply at their table.
“Not entirely,” he said quietly.
“Then what?” Again, she tried not to sigh, this time in complete exasperation. “Did you not write yourself a mission plan?” She quirked her lips up in a brief smile. It turned into a fit of giggles as he finally looked up, a flash of panic crossing his dark blue eyes. “You did?”
“What has Duo said to you lately?” Heero said, a slight spot of pink showing on both of the man's cheeks.
“Many things, Heero,” she answered, getting her giggles under control. She cocked her head briefly as she tried to figure out what he was really saying. “Duo and I have talked nearly every day since he's woken up.”
“Did… did he tell you anything?” Oh, yes, he was very uncomfortable now, but Relena wasn't going to let him out of this hole he was digging himself.
“I'm not sure what you're asking me, Heero. As I said, Duo and I have talked extensively since he woke up from his coma. You will have to be a little more specific.” She sat and waited for a reaction from the man across the table from her, but several moments passed in awkward silence. “If you have something you wish to say to me, I would appreciate it if you would just tell me.” She huffed out a breath and ran a hand through her bangs.
“Did Duo tell you how… how I feel about…?”
“How you feel about what?” Her heart beat was faster, but her temper was starting to flare at his lack of courage. Heero Yuy, pilot of Gundams Wing and Wing Zero, man who had fought for her and peace, was actually afraid to express himself. And it pissed her off. “Just say it!”
“Ryokai,” he said, sitting up straighter and taking a deep breath. “I l-love you!”
Well, that wasn't what she'd been expecting.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Trowa paced back and forth in the small park across from the hotel, his mind playing back both lunch and the later scene in the hotel room with Quatre. In truth, his mind was remembering the feel and taste of Quatre's mouth and lips and the sounds he'd made while Trowa had him pinned against the door, kissing him for all he was worth.
How long had he wanted to do that? Two years? Since that first moment he'd stepped out of Heavyarms' cockpit to find that his `opponent' was a boy his own age and gorgeous? Since the first time they'd been together and Quatre had drawn a pink lip between his teeth as he thought and plotted? Since he'd found out that he was just as damaged as the rest of them? It didn't matter. He'd wanted it for a very long time and now he'd done it.
Except, now, things would be awkward with his friend.
Perhaps he should rejoin Cathy and the circus troupe. But, he didn't want to do that. Suddenly, the lions weren't enough for him. In fact, he wanted to be back up in the hotel room, the blond man in his arms and mewling under him.
He had no idea how long his circular thinking lasted. It was only interrupted by the sound of footsteps that had him instantly on his guard. His hand drifted to the concealed pistol in his jacket pocket and his stance became defensive.
“Trowa?” Quatre's voice instantly had him relaxed, but his heart was still racing. Then, the other man was standing in his line of sight, and his hand itched to grab for him.
“Yes?” he hissed through clenched teeth. The blond took him by surprise by walking up to him, pulling his face down and placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He was too shocked to react for many seconds after the other man touched him. “Quatre?”
“Just… go slow with me,” the shorter man whispered before kissing Trowa again gently.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wufei blinked as he tried to process what it was the American was actually saying. He took a few cleansing, deep breaths and gathered his thoughts. `He wants me to stay. In here. With him. With only one bed. Besides, there is the fact that he returned my kiss earlier…' He could feel his ears begin to burn at the memory, but he cleared this throat. “You win.” Black eyes locked onto purple. “However, there a few things we need to talk about.”
Duo nodded mutely as he lowered his eyes, his braid jumping awkwardly as his head moved. “I know.” Wufei could see him swallow a few times before one slender, pale hand wrapped around the end of his hair and tugging nervously. “I- I-”
`He's speechless? I think that is a first.' Wufei let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding as he took in Duo's reaction. “Maxwell… Duo…” He carefully took a seat next to the other man. `How the world am I supposed to say this to him?!' “Duo, I feel like I'm forcing you to come back to Paris with me.”
Amethyst eyes, wide with disbelief, looked up at him. “No. You're not, `Fei. I want…” His face scrunched up in thought before he continued. “I want to go with you. To Paris.”
The Chinese man nodded, keeping his breathing remarkably even under the scrutiny of his friend's eyes. `Okay, now that that is out of the way…' “Then, I don't want you to think that I… expect anything.”
Duo surprised him by laughing harshly. It sounded as if the sound was strangled out of his throat. “'Fei, you're not like that,” he choked out. One lip was drawn between his teeth in thought and Wufei could feel his eyes riveted to the sight, thoughts moving to how it would feel to kiss that lip, run his hands over the planes of Duo's naked body, hear his sounds as he worshipped the beautiful man next to him. “Oh,” Duo squeaked, his breathing coming in rapid, short gasps.
Wufei unconsciously licked his lips as he continued to stare at the other man, his mind short-circuiting in a haze of lust and desire. His hands itched to take Duo's hair out of its braid, to breathe in his scent, to bury his face in the shining locks, and to just touch him. Luckily, he was able to keep them clenched in fists between his knees, but he was finding it more difficult to control them the longer he sat on the bed. `He is so beautiful.'
Duo blinked slowly, his breathing becoming deep as his eyelids slid shut. And then, his heart-shaped lips parted and he spoke. “Kiss me.”