Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Operation Meteor ❯ The Meteor Shower...Or Is It ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Gundam Wing isn't mine

Summary-The Gundams are gone, and Earth is being invaded. Without the aid of the Gundams, can these invaders be defeated?

A Meteor Shower, Or Is It?

"Du-o!" Hilde called in a sing-song voice. She half-walked, half-skipped out the door of the mechanic shop she and Duo had bought on Earth soon after the war ended. "Duo, you here?" she yelled across the empty shop. Everything was packed up for the night.

She pushed open the door that led outside. "Duo, honey? You here?"

"Up here, Hilde!" Duo called. Hilde looked up to see Duo sitting on the roof.

Hilde went to the side of the shop, where a ladder stood. She climbed up and edged her way over the shingled roof, then plopped down next to him and started playing with his braid.

Duo smiled slyly, brought his hand over Hilde's head, and started to lower it.

"No."

Duo raised his hand, then lowered it again.

"No."

Once again…

"NO!"

Duo grinned at her and looked away, before shooting out his hands and tickling her. (A/N: Betcha you thought it was something else, didn't you?)

"Duo"-giggle-"Duo"-giggle-"Duo, stop!" Hilde shoved him and squirmed away.

Duo laughed, rolling on his back and then straightening up. "You're so easy to annoy," he said.

"Yes, and your hair is so easy to PULL!" Hilde reached out and tried to grab Duo's braid. He skirted away, laughing, and Hilde crawled on her hands and knees to get to him.

"Gotcha!" Hilde said, managing to grab his hair. It took a split second to realize that he wasn't even fighting her. He was looking up.

"Oh…my…God…"

Scattered traces of light rocketed across the sky in white flashes, outshining the stars. Screeching noises soared all over the atmosphere. As the two watched in amazement, the streaks disappeared over the horizon.

"Duo…?"

"Get down!"

Duo pushed her onto her stomach and laid on top of her, shielding her as he grabbed the edge of the roof.

The whole area shook with the force of an earthquake. Duo's grip on the edge of the roof tightened as shingles began to fly up around them. Hilde squeezed her eyes shut and tried to keep her head from bouncing around and her stomach from giving up its contents.

And suddenly the earth stopped moving, and Duo lifted up his head. He rolled off of Hilde and straightened up. Hilde lifted up her head.

"A meteor shower?"

Duo shook his head. "They would've broken up before they landed. And besides…it's never a meteor shower."

"Yeah, I guess so." Hilde straightened up. "Should we check it out?"

"Yeah, we should."

SO SORRY about shortness. Will be more later.

PLEASE REVIEW!!