Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Soldiers Of Apocalypse ❯ Part-2 Operation Phoenix ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Soldiers Of Apocalypse
Part-2 Operation Phoenix
Warnings: Language, adult themes, and slight OCC.
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam wing, if that's not obvious. So don't sue me unless you're a real low-life jerk.
Note: The back-story however, is a little nod to a future prequel fic I will be doing.
Ch-1
Preventer H.Q. (Tokyo, Japan)
Heero, Trowa, Zechs, Quatre, and Duo sat in the Preventer briefing room as they waited for Wu-Fei, and Sally to arrive. No one was sure what was going on, all they knew was that some sort of rebellion had taken place. Just then, the doors opened and Wu-Fei walked in, followed by Sally.
Wu-Fei cleared his throat “First off I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience, but a situation has occurred and I think you all should know about it.”
Wu-Fei shutoff the lights and turned on a monitor. On the screen they saw a small convoy of Preventer ships. Suddenly dozens of Virgos came in and within seconds, the convoy was destroyed. Wu-Fei turned back on the lights and looked at the pilots; each one had a look of shock on his face.
“If this was just an isolated incident then this wouldn't be a problem, but this is the third convoy that has been destroyed in the past two weeks.” Said Sally
Wu-Fei handed the pilots some documents “I've done some extensive research on this matter and what I find is troubling. The people behind the massacres are members of a rebel organization called the Blood Fang. Not only do they have a large following, they've somehow managed to keep an entire Virgo MS factory hidden from us.”
Sally stepped forward “And that's not all, we also got a message from their leader. His name is Kale Young, he is an ex White Fang general that has been in the military for about a decades. He also has a long list of criminal convictions, most on violent behavior.”
“Wait, did you say Kale Young?” Asked Heero
Sally looked at him “Yes, do you know him?”
Heero shook his head “I never met him, but back when I was in training to be a Gundam pilot, there was a list of other potential replacement pilots in case something happened to me, and he was on that list.”
“What happened to him?” Asked Wu-Fei
Heero shrugged his shoulders “I'm not sure, all I heard is that he was beaten out by a much better pilot and he left. Still though, I did see his performance records, and he had high marks in all fields of combat. He would've been a good Gundam pilot, from a technical standpoint; mentally he was kind of insane.”
“Which would make him a very deadly adversary.” Noted Trowa
Heero nodded “Exactly, so what does he want?”
Sally sighed “The disbandment of the ESUN and the Preventers, control of all space colonies, and, surprise, surprise, total dominance of earth.”
“The usual, great.” Muttered Duo
Wu-Fei shook his head “Actually there's one more things they want.”
“What's that?” Asked Quatre
“The Death of all five Gundam pilots and Relena Darlin.”
Heero's eyes narrowed “Now it's getting personal. So what are we going to do about this Wu-Fei, where do we fit in?”
“Well the Preventers could handle this on our own, but it would take time and put you and your loved ones in danger. So I have come up with an alternative.”
“What alternative?” Asked Trowa
“We get all the engineers we can… and we resurrect the Gundams.”
All of them looked at each other speechless. If the Gundams were needed then the situation must be pretty bad. But if the Gundams were built, then that could mean only one thing.
Zechs lowered his head “This does mean though, that you'll be needed to fight again. I know that none of you want to do this, but we are running out of options. However if you really don't want too, then well put you and your loved ones in a protection program and no harm will be done. It's your choice.”
The room fell silent, and each one took a moment to think about what Zechs had said.
Quatre then stood up from his chair. “Listen Zechs, were not cowards, whenever there was a situation we never backed down. We may not like having to fight, but damn it, if it means ending this threat quickly, then I'm in.”
Heero stood up “Your right Quatre, peace needs to be defended. And if we have to be the ones to do it, then so be it, I'm in.”
Trowa rubbed his temples “This was bound to happen sooner or later,” Trowa stood up “Catherine will probably kill me for this, but I agree with you guys, I'm in.”
All eyes were now on Duo who was still remained seated.
He looked up at the others “You guys know I really don't want to do this,” He sighed and slowly stood up “Well, lets do what we do best, lets kill that son of a bitch.”
Everyone smiled and chuckled at the comment.
Wu-Fei cleared his throat “Well it looks like were all in agreement. I'll have it arranged so that our loved ones get moved to this base.”
“Where will we be?” asked Trowa
“On Moon Base 1, we've already been working on the Gundams but they still need another week and a half. We all will be practicing on the VR machines until then, once completed, we can begin the live training”
“Hey Wu-Fei, when do we leave?” asked Quatre
“In three days so I suggest you start packing and say your goodbye to your loved ones as soon as possible.”
“One more thing,” Said Sally “Just thought you should know, the code name for this plan is called Operation Phoenix.”
Wu-Fei nodded his head “That is all for now, I'll see you back here in three days. You are dismissed.”
End Ch-1
Ch-2
Moon Base 1
Preventer H.Q.
The Gundam pilots arrived at the base and were escorted to their quarters. When they got there, they walked in and slowly started unpacking their things. Each one was thinking about what had happened when they told there loved ones about the situation. Dorothy, while sad, was very supportive. Hilde did voice her opposition, but understood the situation. Relena at first refused to let Heero go. She was also angered by the fact that she wasn't notified about the incident. The two argued long into the night before coming to an agreement.
The same couldn't be said for Trowa and Catherine however. When Trowa told her he needed to fight again, she flat-out refused to let him go. And no matter what he said to her, Catherine still refused. The two argued immensely, with neither one coming to an agreement. The two left each other on seemingly bad terms.
Quatre had just finished unpacking and looked at the others “Well we have over a week before our Gundams are finished, what is there to do here Wu-Fei?”
“Well there is a recreational Area; it has a lot of stuff to keep us occupied.” Said Wu-Fei
Duo smiled “Didn't Zechs say something about a bar being here?”
“Yeah, but it doesn't open until tomorrow, how about I show you around, give you the grand tour?” Asked Wu-Fei
Heero shrugged his shoulders “Sure why not.”
Wu-Fei, Quatre, Heero, and Duo, got up and walked out of the door. Duo turned around and looked at Trowa; who was still sitting on his bed.
“Hey Trowa, you coming?”
Trowa shook his head “I need some time to myself, I join you guys later.”
“I understand, see ya later.”
Duo walked out of the room leaving Trowa to his thoughts.
Cathy, why were you so damn stubborn. If I didn't fight, than many more people will die because of it, why couldn't you see that…damn it Catherine, DAMN IT All!”
“Trowa?”
Trowa quickly looked up and saw Noin standing by the door.
“What is it?”
“Have you seen Zechs?”
Trowa shook his head “No, I think he's in the Intelligence Room with Lady Une.”
“Okay,”
Noin stayed by the entrance of the room and looked at Trowa.
“Are you okay?”
Trowa sighed “Not really.”
“Do you mind if I come in?”
Trowa shook his head, Noin walked in and sat next to Trowa.
“What's wrong?”
“Catherine and I got into a big argument before I left.”
Noin placed a hand on his shoulder “What happened?”
Trowa took a deep breath “When I told Cathy the news, she became angry. She yelled at me for even thinking about leaving. I tried to tell her that many people would die if I didn't go, but she didn't understand.”
“What did she say?”
Trowa thought back to the night before.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
DAMN IT CATHERINE, WHY WONT YOU UNDERSTAND!”
Catherine glared at him “WHY THE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO BE YOU, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS TO BE THE ONE TO FIGHT, DON'T YOU REALIZE YOU COULD DIE!”
BUT IF I DON'T GO, THEN SOMEONE ELSE WILL DIE IN MY PLACE, AND I WILL NOT ALLOW ANYMORE PEOPLE TO DIE WHEN I CAN END THIS STRUGGLE NOW!”
Catherine just stood there unfazed “IF YOU GO, I'LL NEVER, FORGIVE YOU, YOU HEAR ME, NEVER!”
Catherine… tomorrow, I'm getting on that shuttle, and I'm going to fight for you and everyone else I care about. If you're too selfish to realize that…”
Catherine ran up to him and slapped him across the face “YOU BASTARD, JUST GO, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! AND DON'T COME BACK, YOUR DEAD TO ME!”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Trowa could not fight back his emotion and began weeping as he told her the last part.
“Oh Trowa, I'm so sorry.” Noin put an arm around him and hugged him gently. The two sat in silence for a while until Trowa regained his composure.
“Thank you, I needed to get that off my chest.”
“It's nothing… have you talked to her since then?”
“No, and that's what hurts the worst. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I know there is a chance I could die. And if I do, that conversation will be the last thing she remembers me by.”
Noin lifted his face up and looked at him “Listen Trowa, I'll talk to Zechs, and see if we can find a way to call her.”
“Thank you Noin, this means a lot to me.” He said as he hugged her.
Noin returned the hug “It's no problem, just trying to help out a friend.”
Trowa released her “Well I better find the others before they start to worry.”
“Ok, look, if you need to talk more, come to me, I'll listen.”
“Thanks, I'll see you later.”
Noin watched as he walked out of the room. She stayed around for a minute before leaving herself. As she walked down the hall she spotted Quatre.
“Hi Quatre.”
Quatre smiled “Hi Noin, have you seen Trowa, the other's were wondering if he was still in the room.”
“Oh, I just talked to him a couple of minutes ago, he left to find you.”
“He's probably headed for the rec area then, anyways, how was he feeling, he seemed really depressed today, it had us all worried.”
“Don't worry, I talked to him, he'll be fine.”
“That's good to know; well I'd better go back then.”
Quatre turned around and started to walk off.
“Hey Quatre.”
Quatre turned back around “What is it?”
“Do you know if Zechs is done with his meeting?”
“Yeah, I saw him walk out a couple of minutes ago, why do you ask?”
“I need to talk to him about the wedding.”
“Are you still planning on holding the wedding when this is over?” asked Quatre
Noin smiled “Yes, I think it would be rather fitting time for it. Speaking of which, I want to personally thank you for all your help with the wedding.”
Quatre smiled “Really it's nothing, Zechs is like a brother to me, and you've been a very good friend to me for years. When I heard that Zechs finally proposed, I was so happy for you two, that I just had to do whatever I could to help.”
Noin smiled and gave him a brief hug “Thanks Quatre, your so sweet.”
She looked at him and her smiled slowly faded.
“What's wrong?” asked Quatre
“Now I feel bad talking to you about weddings, especially after what Zechs told me about you and Dorothy,”
Quatre chuckled “Don't worry about, It doesn't bother me, I'll just purpose to her when this is over. I think it will be a good way to celebrate ending this problem.”
“I think so too”
As Quatre looked at her, he noticed a slight hit of anxiousness on her face.
“Noin, you look like you have something on your mind.”
Noin looked down at the floor slightly “I'm fine; I just have a lot of things going on right now. It's nothing really.”
Quatre gently lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes “Noin, you know you can talk to me about anything. The times may have change but I still care about your well-being. Please, tell me what's bothering you.”
The two stood in silence for a minute as Noin thought back to the White Fang incident. There were many nights on Peacemillion where she showed up at Quatre's room a complete mess. And every time, Quatre would take her into his arms and comfort her. Whenever she needed to talk to somebody, he would always listen. In fact, there would be some nights where she would just fall asleep in his arms.
“Quatre, I've been thinking about the wedding a lot, and I want you opinion on something.”
“Sure thing, what is it?”
“Do you think I made the right choice with Zechs?”
Quatre looked at her worriedly “Noin, Your not thinking of backing out are you?”
Noin turned around so that she wouldn't face him “No, it's just that sometimes I think back on my relationship with him, and I somehow feel as if maybe I got into this too quickly.”
Quatre walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder “Noin, besides Zechs, I know you better than anyone else, that is why I want you to listen to me right now more than ever,” Noin slowly turned around to face him, “I know Zechs has not always shared your love and devotion like you to him, but that was in the past, he's a changed man now. I care about you a lot Noin, and if I thought that Zechs was trouble, I would have said something long ago. But the truth is, there isn't a man I'd trust more than him to be with you. Noin, you met a man who wants to dedicate, and commit his life to you and you alone. If that doesn't say enough, then I don't know what will.”
Noin looked at him, a small smile came across her “I suppose you're right, I have been dwelling too much on the past. Thank you Quatre, I guess I just needed to hear this from you.”
She then wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug; Quatre returned the hug and smiled “I'm just glad I could help. And remember, I'll always be there if you need someone to talk too. ”
Noin nodded “Okay… you know, you're going to make Dorothy very happy.”
“What makes you say that?”
“Cause if I was in her shoes, I know I would be.”
Quatre smiled and Noin gave him a kiss on the cheek; Quatre blushed a little “Thanks Noin, anyways I'd better get going before they send a search party after me.”
Noin nodded “Yeah, I need to see Zechs anyways, I see you later.”
“Okay, bye.”
The two walked away to their separate destinations.
End Ch-2
Ch-3
Moon Base 1
Hangar
Zechs Heero, Trowa, Duo, Quatre, and Wu-Fei walked to the hangar to finally see their Gundams. Each one of them was nervous and filled with anticipation. As they reached the hangar door, Wu-Fei walked to the control panel, and pushed on some numbers. The door slowly opened up and they walked in. As they looked inside, their jaws dropped slightly. There before them, stood all five Gundams and Tallgeese.
“Incredible aren't they?”
The six snapped out of their trance and saw Howard approaching them.
“Although I guess I can't take all the credit, these fine engineers did a top-notch job.”
“I have to say you really outdid yourself on this one Howard.” Said Wu-Fei
“I agree, but why did you decide to comeback for this.” Asked Heero
Howard smiled “Because no one else alive knows more about Gundams than me. Anyways, they're finished and ready for some test runs, you guys ready to pilot them today?”
“I'm not sure Howard, we've been doing the VR training for a week now, but I'm not sure if were ready yet.” Said Zechs
Howard smiled “To bad, you have ten minutes to gear up and get inside your cockpits.”
The six pilots got into there flight suits and walked onto the lift. The lift started up and they were brought up to the platform where they could get inside there cockpits.
Zechs walked up to Tallgeese “No matter how many times I see these things, I still get goose bumps looking at them.”
Trowa nodded “Same Here,” He walked up to Heavy Arms and ran a hand over it “You know, even though it's a shame that theses needed to be rebuilt, I'm kind of glad to see them again.”
“I hear ya Trowa,” Duo looked at Deathscythe “It's good to see you old buddy.”
Quatre looked up at Sandrock and shook his head “I've forgotten just how massive these things are. It's incredible that we used to pilot theses things at such a young age.”
Heero looked at Wing-Zero “Something's different, Hey Howard, Has the Zero system been installed yet?”
Howard shook his head “Afraid not, in your current condition, you probably couldn't handle it. After you get used to piloting again, I'll reinstall it for ya.”
Heero nodded “You be sure to do that, well Zero, it looks like I'm on my own right now.”
Wu-Fei placed a hand on Shenlong and closed his eyes “Nataku… It's good to be back in your presence, Alright guys, let's get started.”
They all got into their cockpits and started them up. Zechs voice came over the intercom.
“Okay guys, there's not a lot of room in here, so leave one at a time. Once you're all out on the training area, I'll meet you out there. Quatre, lead them off, and be careful, the launch can get a bit rough.”
“Right, okay Sandrock, LET'S GO.”
Quatre pushed on the controls and was launched to the training area. Trowa, Duo, Wu-Fei, Heero, and finally Zechs followed him.
Zechs spoke again “All right, the first thing we're going to go over is the rocket booster. I think you already know what the steps are so give it a try.”
Each one tried the boosters and did it with varying degrees of success, except for Duo. He wasn't position right, so when he tried it, he slammed into Trowa. A course of laughter could be heard all over the intercom.
Duo shook his head “Holy crap that hurt.”
“Speak for yourself you idiot!” Yelled Trowa
Howard sighed over the intercom “Fantastic Duo, now I'm going to be up all night doing repairs. This really is just like old times.”
Over the period of the next week the Gundam pilots relearned how to master their mobile suits. Their old skills kicked in, and soon, they were piloting their Gundams as well as they used too. At the end of the week however, they learned that they had their first mission.
Noin walked into her bedroom and saw Zechs sitting down, resting.
“Zechs are you okay?”
Zechs looked at her “I'm thinking.”
Noin sat behind him and massaged his shoulders.
“Zechs there's no need to worry, you've been on plenty of missions before, and I'm sure Heero and the others will be just fine.”
“I know, that's not what I'm thinking about.”
Zechs stood up and began pacing back and forth. Noin walked over to him, she cupped his face in her hands, kissed him, and held him close.
“Zechs, please try to calm down, I don't want you to go out there like this. Tell me, what are you thinking about.”
“I'm sorry to worry you Noin,” He broke the hug “It's just that, I don't think I can do this anymore.”
Noin looked at him confused “What do you mean, you're the best there is.”
“I know but, I want you and me to live a happy life, I want to have a family and raise our kids in peace. But I can't see us doing that as a Preventer.”
Noin wrapped her arms around him and smiled “Kids, you're sure planning ahead, what are you going to do though?”
Zechs smiled “Once this is over, I'm going to retire from the Preventers, and I want you to do the same.”
Noin hugged him tight “Oh Zechs, that's wonderful, but what about…”
Zechs smiled “Don't worry about it, I already talked to Lady Une about this and she agrees. She even said that she'd personally make sure that we would be financially supported for the rest of our lives.”
Noin kissed him on the lips “Finally, we can live without worry.”
Zechs wrapped his arms around her and lifted her on to his shoulder. Noin shrieked and laughed as he carried her to the bed.
“Zechs, what are you doing.”
Zechs gently laid her on the bed “I think a little celebration is in order.”
Noin smiled “Well then, let's celebrate.”
Zechs bent down and kissed her “I love you Noin.”
Noin traced a finger down his face “And I love you Zechs.”
The Bar
The Gundam pilots were sitting down chatting when Zechs walked in with a smile on his face.
“Hey guys how are you doing?” Zechs said cheerily.
“Nothing really, Duo's trying to get Heero and Trowa to take shots.” said Wu-Fei
“Hey that would be fun to see.”
Everyone looked at him oddly.
“What are you so happy about?” Asked Trowa
Zechs sat down “Oh nothing really.”
“You just got back from seeing Noin didn't you?” Said Duo
Zechs simply smiled and leaned back into his chair.
Heero sighed and rubbed his temples “This is depressing.”
Zechs laughed a bit “What's the matter, are you still grouchy that I beat you in that practice duel yesterday?”
Heero smiled “Zechs you better enjoy this while it last, cause this is the only time that you'll ever be able to beat me in a duel.”
Zechs smiled back, Quatre sighed and shook his head “Zechs, how long are you going to torture us with the fact that you have Noin with you, while our women, except for Wu-Fei's, are stuck in Japan?”
Zechs chuckled “Every chance I get.”
Duo sighed and pulled out his wallet “I can't take it anymore, Zechs how much for a night with Noin?”
Zechs gave him an evil glare while the others laughed hysterically.
“I think Hilde might be interested in hearing this.” Said Zechs
Duo froze up “Hey man I was just kidding, it was a joke. I'm just nervous about tomorrow.”
Zechs nodded “I know, I was just kidding too. I think I speak for everyone when I say that were all a little anxious.”
Everyone nodded in agreement; Zechs began looking around the bar. He saw something in the corner that caught his attention.
“Hey did anybody else notice that there is a piano over there?”
They all turned around and looked at it.
“Well I'll be damned, I never noticed it before.” said Wu-Fei
“Hey Quatre, can you still play?” Asked Trowa
“It's been awhile, but I still remember a few songs.”
Duo smiled “Then play us a tune Quatre, it'll help us relax a little.”
Quatre shrugged his shoulders “Sure,”
Quatre walked over and sat down on the seat. He tested the keys and began playing a slow soft tune. Duo's smiled quickly turned into a frown “Quatre, I said play a song to help us relax, not put us asleep.”
Quatre chuckled “Okay, okay,” He though of a tune “What to play… I know.”
He stretched out his fingers and hit the keys.
(Starts playing “Tears in Heaven”)
All the pilots listen to the tune in awe; Quatre then began to sing the song out loud.
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong
And carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way
Through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven
Quatre stopped singing and played the rest of the song, all the while humming the tune to himself. When he is finished the other pilots stood up and clap their hands.
“That was amazing Quatre, what was it?” asked Zechs
“Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, it's a very old song, but it's one of my favorites.”
“It maybe old but it did the trick, I feel much more relaxed.” said Duo
Trowa nodded his head “I've never heard anything like, it was beautiful.”
Quatre smiled “I had a feeling you guys would like it.”
“You were aright about that, and you know what, I think I want to hear it again.” said Heero
“I do to, can we get an encore Quatre?” asked Wu-Fei
Quatre nodded “Sure thing,”
Quatre positioned his hands, and played again.
End Ch-3
Ch-4
Somewhere In Space
Kale Young was walking down the corridor of his spaceship when he saw someone approaching him.
“General Kale Sir.”
“Lt. Ramirez, what do you want?”
Lt Ramirez caught up to him and handed him a file.
“Our spy inside the Preventers managed to obtain this information; I think you need to look at this.”
Kale opened the file and looked inside; a small smile came across his face “So they brought back the Gundams.”
“Sir I think this could be a huge problem.”
“That is a possibility, but if they're going to this length to defeat me, it can only mean that the Preventer's are afraid of us.”
“Maybe so, but we have too keep in mind how powerful theses Gundams are, we cannot underestimate them.”
“Do I look like an idiot? Incase you forgot I was almost a pilot myself, I know first hand what they can do. Rest assured though we have more than enough mobile suits to repel any attacks from them. Still though, send the word out to all our bases and outpost.”
“Yes sir.”
As Lt. Ramirez walked away, Kale began to chuckle to himself.
“The Gundams… what a joke. I guess I'll have to show the Preventers that not even the invincible Gundams can stand up to me.”
Kale turned around and walked away
Moon Base 1
The Gundam pilots and Zechs all waited anxiously for the arrival of Lady Une. The door opened and Lady Une stepped in.
“Ok, you know why you're here so let's make this quick. Our target is a mobile suit factory disguised as a space station. It is located right here at Point D alpha. This factory is a key element to the Blood Fang's mobile suit production, so naturally, it is heavily guarded.”
“So do we just go in there and destroy it?” Asked Duo
Une shook her head “Not exactly, not only do you have to destroy the factory; I want you to destroy all the suits in the area. I don't want a single suit left functional.”
“Why is that?” Asked Quatre
“I want to send a message to Kale; I want to show him what happens when he messes with the Preventers.”
The others looked at each other and smiled, Lady Une resumed talking.
“One last thing, judging by the way they have been attacking us, they might try to separate you in the heat of battle. To counter this, I've decided to split you into groups of two. Group one will consist of Heero and Zechs.”
Heero and Zechs looked at each other and nodded.
“Group two will consist of Trowa and Quatre.”
Trowa and Quatre looked at each other and smiled.
“That means group three will be Duo, and Wu-Fei.”
Duo put an arm around Wu-Fei's shoulder “You hear that Wu-Fei, you and I are going to be partners.”
Wu-Fei rolled his eyes and shook his head “Duo, sometimes I think god put you on this earth just to punish me.”
The others, including Duo, laughed out loud at the comment.
Lady Une smiled “I'm glad you have high spirits, just don't lose track of your mission.”
Quatre raised his hand.
“Yes Quatre,”
“What kind of mobile suits should we be expecting?”
“From what we've gathered in this base the primary suits you will be facing will be Taurus suits, but except resistance from Virgo's too.”
Zechs raised his hand
“Yes Zechs,”
“How much resistance can we expect, and are these suits going to be piloted by humans, or are they dolls?”
“The suits are all mobile dolls, but unfortunately, we don't know their exact numbers, expect them to be it the range of 150 to 200 suits.”
Zechs nodded “Thank you Une.”
“Okay, are there anymore questions,” She looked around the room “Good, then you are dismissed, report to the launch pad and prepare for take-off. Good luck gentlemen.”
Launch Pad
The Gundam pilots put on their flight suits and got onto the lift. As it started up, Quatre looked over at the faces of the other pilots. Each faced showed anticipation and concern.
“You guys okay?”
The others looked at Quatre.
“Yeah, were just a little anxious that's all.” Said Duo.
“Guys listen, I know it's been awhile, but it's not like we haven't done this before, if we just watch each others backs, I'm sure we'll be fine. Besides we faced much greater odds before, and we've always been able to overcome them. Today will be no different; we just have to be careful.”
The others nodded their heads in agreement. The lift came to a stop and they made their way to the cockpits.
Heero looked over at Zechs “Hey Zechs, what do you think about what Lady Une said?”
Zechs Smiled “I think the Kale just pissed off the wrong woman.”
The door closed and they strapped them selves in. Wu-Fei's voice came over the intercom.
“Alright guys, once we lift off we'll group up at point D and commence our attack. Let's do this right so we can all come home.”
The Pilots made their last minute adjustments and prepared for takeoff.
Final preparations complete
Take off in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Ignition
The pilots were thrown back in to their seats as they blasted up into the darkness of space.
Space (Near Point D)
As the pilots got closer, the target came into view.
“That's it? Where are all the suits?” Asked Duo
“Hold tight Duo, they might try to ambush us.” Said Zechs
As they scanned the area, mobile suits came into view.
“Whoa, there must be almost 200 of them, what model are they?” Said Trowa
Quatre scanned them “The majority of them are Taurus mobile dolls, but there is a line of Virgo dolls in the back for defense.”
“Okay, let's get into our groups and try to separate them.”
The pilots got into their groups and waited for the command.
Zechs looked around him “Okay, group two, go take ones that go to the left. Group three, you, take the ones on the right. Heero and I will go down the middle and split them up.”
Heero and Zechs charged forward, the Tarsus detected the Gundams and flew straight at them.
“Here they come Heero, you ready?”
“Let's do this.”
“Good…OPEN FIRE!”
Heero and Zechs pointed their mega-cannons at the group and fired. The two massive beams engulf some of the suit and instantly incinerated them. Most however, dodged and went either left or right.
“Groups two and three, their headed in your direction, attack now so we can box them in.” Said Zechs
Heero put aside his buster rifle and pulled out his beam saber, Zechs did the same.
“Let's pick off the stray.” Said Heero
The two zigzag back and forth, slicing through any suit that got in their way.
Duo and Wu-Fei activated their beam weapons and charged at the dolls head on. Duo took a big swing with his scythe and tore through five dolls. Wu-Fei meanwhile, was skillfully impaling one suit after another with ease. Out of the corner of his eye he saw enemy fire coming right at him. He dodged up and barley managed to avoid the blasts.
He turned on his com-link “Hey guys, the Virgos are headed our way, watch out.”
Meanwhile
Trowa saw a cluster of Tarsus coming at him and open fired with his gatling guns. The bullets ripped through their armor, destroying them. Trowa then saw about 30 more Tarsus headed his way. He locked on to as many as he could “Let's see how you like this.”
He pressed a button and launched his missiles at the group, multiple explosions followed.
Quatre swung both of his huge blades, decapitating a couple of the dolls. Just then, he heard a message from Wu-Fei.
“I repeat we have Virgos inbound.”
He looked over at Trowa who was already firing at a group of Virgos. But their shields were already raised so none of the shots went through.
“Trowa, I'm going to fly straight through them and draw their fire. When they turn their backs to you, blast them.”
“Right good luck.”
Quatre pointed his blades forward “Ok, here goes nothing.”
He turned on his afterburners and charged toward the group. The Virgos fired at him, but he easily dodged the blasts. He flew right past them; the Virgos followed him.
“NOW TROWA!”
Trowa opened fire with his guns and destroyed most of the dolls. When they turned back around to block Trowa's shots, Quatre came back and chopped the rest into pieces.
Trowa smiled “I can't believe they fell for that trick again.”
“Just goes to show you that these dolls never learn.”
“That's for sure,” Trowa looked around and saw Heero, Zechs, Duo, and Wu-Fei still fighting. “Hey Quatre, we better help the others out.”
Quatre smiled “Yeah, since we destroyed all of our dolls we might as well help.”
Wu-Fei threw his spear into a Virgo, destroying it. He saw two more coming from the left and right of him; he extended his arms and smashed the suits into oblivion.
“Duo, I could use some assistance now.”
Duo took a swing and chopped a couple of dolls in half “Wu-man I'd loved to but I'm a little busy.”
Wu-Fei grabbed his spear and looked at the incoming Virgos “Great, more work for me.”
He was about to charge them when Heero, Zechs, Trowa, and Quatre flew right past him “We'll take it from here, you might want to go help Duo, he looks like needs it.” Said Zechs.
Wu-Fei smiled “Thanks,”
Duo stuck out his scythe in front of him, launched himself forward, and spun Deathscythe in a full 360, destroying all suits around him instantly.
Damn it, how many are there left?”
He charged forward, smashing a group of suits with his massive frame. He looked ahead and saw some more Virgo's coming at him.
“Wu-Fei where are you?”
“Sheesh, don't be so impatient.”
Wu-Fei flew in front of Duo and sliced through some of the incoming suits.
“Well, shall we?”
Duo smiled “We shall,”
With a yell, they charged at the group head on, Wu-Fei spun his spear around, slashing through multiple suits in the process. Duo then lunged ahead of him taking a doll out, he then began slashing at every doll he could with his scythe.
Heero sliced through another doll “Almost finished Zechs,”
Zechs stabbed through a doll and kicked it away. Out of the corner of his eye he saw some Virgos retreating. “Were not done yet Heero, there are a couple that are trying to get away.”
Heero looked over and spotted them “Really, is that so?”
Heero and Zechs flew at the group and began destroying them one by one. Heero sliced one down the center, turned around, and destroyed some more with his shoulder chain guns. Zechs lashed out his heat whip and caught one by the foot, he then tossed it into a shielded group of Virgos destroying them.
“Where's the challenge Heero.”
Heero decapitated a suit, ducked a blast from another, and sliced it in half “This is borderline pathetic.”
Quatre suddenly came in from the side; he took a massive swing with his blades and cross-slashed through a doll. He then heated his blades up and threw them into two suits. Trowa flew underneath a small group of suits and popped up in the middle of them with his chest guns blazing. When the remaining suits turned to fire at him, he activated his boosters, did a back flip away from them, and picked them off with his Gatling guns.
“That's the last of them.” Said Quatre
Suddenly a few suits came up from behind at Quatre, but were quickly put down by Trowa's chain guns.
“No, that's the last of them.”
Quatre smiled and looked over to see Duo and Wu-Fei flying over to them.
“Where all done here, is there anything left to destroy?” Asked Duo
Wu-Fei smiled “Not really, all that's left is the MS Factory.”
“Leave that to us.” Said Heero
Heero and Zechs located there beam cannons and pointed them at the factory.
“Were all set here, let's finish this!” said Zechs
They fired off there beam cannons and destroyed the factory.
“Mission Complete.” Said Heero with a smile
End Ch-4
Ch-5
Note: I'm introducing a new type of mobile suit, “Kales Personal Guard”, AKA Gemini Suits. I'll give them a more detailed description at the end of the chapter.
In the following weeks to come, the Gundam pilots and Zechs had managed to turn the tide against Kale. Again and again the Blood Fang tried to defeat the Gundams, and each time ended in crushing defeat. The Gundams had the Blood fang on the run. They easily recaptured all the space colonies and bases that the Blood Fang had taken over. The war seem just about over, all that was needed now, was the elimination of Kale himself.
Kale's Ship
Kale ran his hands through his dark hair and took another drink of his whiskey. Ever since the Gundams had shown up, they had been beaten back again and again. He tried to pour another glass, but the bottle was empty. He threw the bottle against the wall as hard as he could, slammed his fists on his desk and snarled.
THOSE DAMN PILOTS HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING! BUT HOW CAN I KILL THEM?”
There was a knock at his door, and soldier came in “Sir, our outpost Hades has been annihilated.”
Kale looked at him coldly “The Gundams?”
“Yes sir.”
Kale tightened his fist “GODDAMN IT!”
He rose from his chair and began pacing the room.
The soldier nervously spoke “General Kale, Hades was our last outpost; we are all that's left.”
“WE STILL HAVE OVER 500 HUNDRED SUITS LEFT THAT THE PREVENTERS DON'T KNOW ABOUT! NOT TO MENTION WE STILL HAVE 200 OF MY OWN PERSONAL GUARD, WE CAN STILL FIGHT!”
“But sir, the Preventer's have the Gundams and an army of mobile suits. We cannot fight against that. I think we should start talks about surrender.”
Kale towered over the man and looked him in the eye “Surrender,” He grabbed him by the collar, lifted him off the ground, and pinned him against the wall, “DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO ME IF I SURRENDERED, DO YOU? I WILL NOT SURRENDER, WE WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT, EVEN IF IT MEANS THE DEATH OF EVERY SOLDIER UNDER MY COMMAND!”
He threw the man across the room; he slammed into the wall and collapsed on the ground.
He gasped for breath “You… your… mad.”
Kale pulled out his pistol “I know.”
He clenched his teeth and put two bullets into his face.
Another man burst through the door.
“SIR WHAT HAPPENED?”
Kale turned around “GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! “
He fired a couple rounds in his direction; the man ran off in fear.
Kale slammed his door shut and sat back in his chair “Fucking idiots!”
His mind went back to the Gundams “If I could just take out the Gundams, then the Preventer's would be finished, but how?
As he thought, an idea popped into his mind “That's it, that's how I kill them.”
A smile came across his face as he reached for the phone.
Moon Base 1
Noin was scanning the area when she picked up a message. She quickly locked onto it and began to decipher it. As the message became clear, her eyes opened up wide.
My God,”
She ran to the intercom and called up Zechs and the others.
5 minutes later
The pilots looked at Noin as she told them the information.
Heero spoke up “So let me get this straight, the Leader of the Blood Fang, Kale Young is going to try to escape today under light guard, sounds kind of fishy.”
Duo nodded his head “I'm with Heero on this one, why would he make his escape under light guard?”
“Because he's not trying to be conspicuous, he wants to try to keep this a secret.” said Wu-Fei
“That's all well and good, but my question is that if this was such a secret, why were we able to pick it up so easily?” Asked Trowa.
“Well our interceptor technology is second to none, we can pick up just about anything.” Said Zechs
“For all we know, this could be an ambush, it's too convenient.” said Quatre
Noin cleared her throat “Listen, who ever sent this message sent it in a hurry. From what I could pick up on, the person who sent it was under a considerable amount of stress and anxiety.”
The room fell silent.
Heero smiled a bit “If I was Kale I'd be nervous to, what do you think Zechs?”
“I think this might be our best chance. If we get rid of Kale, we end the war. I say we take it.” Said Zechs
Trowa smiled “You make a convincing argument Zechs, if we end the war, we go home, I say we get him.”
“I'm tired of this fighting, so I'm in,” Said Duo.
“What about you Quatre,” asked Wu-Fei
Quatre lowered his head “Something about this doesn't smell right. But if you guys are in, then so am I,”
Wu-Fei smiled “Good, I'll call up Lady Une and figure out a strategy, the rest of you get ready, we'll have to depart soon,”
Zechs Quarter's
Zechs just finished changing when Noin walked in.
Zechs smiled “Hey, what brings you here?”
Noin frowned “Zechs are you sure you want to do this, it could be a trap.”
Zechs walked over and hugged her “Don't worry, this is what we`ve been waiting for, I know it is. Once I finish this mission, you and me can retire, and live out the rest of our lives together.”
“But still…”
Zechs ran a finger down her cheek “Noin, please try to calm down. You were always so optimistic; please don't change on me now.”
Noin slowly nodded “I'm sorry, it's just that…I don't want to lose you. You mean everything to me Zechs. And it hurts so much just thinking about how life would be without you. If you died, I don't know what I'd do with myself, I wouldn`t be able to go on,” A tear rolled down her cheek and she buried her head into his shoulder.
Zechs held her close “Noin... please don't think about such things. Were going to be fine, But while I'm out there, I need to know that you're okay. I need you to be strong…for me Noin, please.”
Noin wiped away her tears and looked him in the eye “Your right… I'll be strong, for you.”
He leaned in close and kissed her passionately.
Hallways
Trowa thought a walk would help ease his mind, but all it did was trouble him more. No matter what he did, all he could think of was one person.
Catherine, I haven't spoken to you since that fight. I need to talk to you; I need to hear your voice.”
“Trowa,”
Trowa turned around to see Zechs walking up too him.
“Why are you walking around the halls, you should be getting ready.”
Trowa wiped his eyes “I can't concentrate.”
Zechs put a hand on his shoulder “I know what's been bothering you… come with me.”
Trowa followed Zechs down the hallway into a small room.
“What's this?” asked Trowa
“You see that monitor over there? That's the most powerful com-link known in existence. You'll be able to call anybody you want, anywhere they are. And it's nearly untraceable, so you don't have to worry about anybody eavesdropping.”
Trowa looked at Zechs wide-eyed “Won't you get in trouble for using this with out authorization?”
Zechs smiled “I'm sure that if I explained the situation, I can get by with just a slap on the wrist.”
Trowa was at a loss for words “Zechs I… .”
He grabbed Zechs and held him in a tight hug; tears ran freely down his face “Thank you, oh god, thank you, you don't know how much this means to me… I owe you man, I owe you big time.”
Zechs patted him on the back “Don't worry about it, but could you let go of me, your crushing my ribs.”
Trowa let go of him “Zechs, thank you, you really are a true friend.”
Zechs smiled “Like I said, it's not a problem, were like brothers, this is the least I could do. Besides, you should thank Noin; she was the one that told me of your predicament.”
“I will, thanks again.”
“Well I better let you and Catherine have some time to yourselves.” He walked out the door and shut it behind him.
Trowa punched in the quadrants to Catherine's home and prayed that she was home.
Catherine's house
Catherine had just finished eating dinner when she heard the com-link ringing
Who could that be?”
She walked over, pressed the answer button, and almost fainted.
“T…T…Trowa?”
Trowa gulped “Yes Catherine, it's me.”
Catherine's eye began to water up “Oh my god, Trowa, I thought you never wanted to speak to me again.”
Trowa bit his lip “I never said that, I want nothing more than to here your voice. But Catherine, the reason why I'm calling is because…I just want to say, that I'm sor…”
“NO NO NO,” She buried her hands into her face," Don't apologize, please don't apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for.” She lifted her head up and looked him in the eye, “Trowa I was the one who was wrong, and I should be the one apologizing. I was so damn selfish, I couldn't see that you were going out to fight to protect me, but all I wanted to do was shelter you away. Oh god Trowa I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, please don`t hate me.”
More tears fell down Trowa's cheek, he ran a finger down the screen “Catherine, I don't hate you, I never did, and I forgive you, honest to god I forgive you. I just want there to be some way that we can put this behind us.”
Tears fell freely down Catherine's face “Oh Trowa,” she placed a hand on the screen. “Thank you for forgiving me, and I want nothing more than to just forget that day.”
Trowa looked into his sister's eyes and smiled, suddenly a voice came over the intercom.
Attention, Attention, all Gundam pilots please report to the Main Hangar
I repeat, all Gundam pilots please report to the Main Hangar
Catherine looked at Trowa worriedly “What's going on?”
Trowa took a deep breath “Were going out on one final mission, if we succeed we could end the war. But it is a dangerous mission, that's why I wanted to call you.”
“Oh Trowa, please be careful.”
“I will, just be strong for me okay.”
A single tear fell down her face “I will… I love you Trowa,”
Trowa fought back more tears “I… I love you too Catherine, be strong,”
The screen fizzled out and Trowa walked out of the room.
End Ch-5
As stated before I'm introducing a new mobile doll suit for the upcoming battle. It will be called Gemini and all it is, is an upgraded Taurus suit, except these suits are red instead of black, also they are slightly bigger, and they have the ability to go into a jet mode. They are also armed in two different kinds of ways. The first will have a giant Gatling gun on right arm similar to Trowa's original Heavyarms suit, instead of the normal blaster, as well as a few micro-missiles. The other kind will have a normal blaster and will be able to produce a short beam saber for close quarter combat. Also the ones with the gatling guns can produce shielding pods like the Virgo's, the ones with the sabers can't but they are faster.
Ch-6
Note: I've made the Preventers mobile suit of choice the Serpent Suits, just cause well… because I can.
Hangar
The Gundam pilots and Zechs sat down as Sally prepared to speak.
“There's not much time so I'm going to make this brief. If our information is correct, Kale should be leaving within 2 hours. He may be leaving under light guard, but I'm not taking any chances. In addition to the Gundams and Tallgeese, I'll be sending 30 Preventer Cruisers, and 20 mobile suit carriers each containing 10 Serpent suits.”
“A force like that will crush Kale for good, when do we leave.” said Zechs
“In about 30 minutes, so make your final adjustments, that is all, good luck gentlemen.”
Heero walked over to Zechs who was checking over Tallgeese.
“Hey Zechs.”
Zechs looked at him and smiled “Hey Heero, you ready for this,”
Heero looked down “I'm not sure, I'm excited about the fact that we can finally end the war, but I'm still worried, what if it's an ambush?”
Zechs cut him off “Look Heero, do you think you're the only one that hasn't thought about this? We may well be waltzing right into a trap. But I'm confident that as long as I have you and the others backing me up, everything will be fine.”
Heero nodded “I know, but still, it does trouble the mind.”
Zechs shrugged his shoulders “Then stop thinking, I need you to be relaxed.”
Heero chuckled “Ok, I'll try.”
Zechs smiled “That's the spirit, now moving on, did you have a chance to talk to Relena?”
“Yeah, she seemed really worried. Oh, by the way, she told me to tell you that she loves you and that she prays for your safety.”
Zechs nodded his head; Heero placed a hand on his shoulder.
“Hey, did you talk to Noin yet.”
“She said she meet me out here before I leave, but we only have 10 minutes before lift-off.”
Heero put a hand on his shoulder “Don't worry Zechs… She'll come.”
“ZECHS!”
Heero and Zechs turned around to see Noin running at them. She reached Zechs and wrapped his arms around him.
“Oh Zechs, I was afraid I wouldn't make it.”
Heero saw the intimate moment and decided to check on the others.
“I'll see you out there Zechs.”
Zechs nodded “Tell the others to get ready.”
“Good luck Heero.” Said Noin
“Thank you Noin, I'll see you later.”
Heero left, leaving Zechs and Noin to themselves.
Noin nuzzled her head against his neck; Zechs held her close in his arms. Zechs then looked at her and kissed her tenderly; Noin kissed back with equal force.
When Zechs was done he looked her in the eye “I'm glad I could see you.”
Noin smiled “Like I was going to let my man go out to battle without his girl wishing him off.”
Zechs smiled and kissed her again “Thank you… Noin, I want to give you this.”
He lightly grasped her finger and placed a wedding ring on it. Noin's looked at him in shock as her eyes began to tear up.
“Oh Zechs, but why?”
Zechs smiled “Just think about it as a reminder of things to come.”
Noin wrapped his hands around him and cried, the two then kissed each other with more passion than ever before.
This is your last reminder, all Pilots report to your designated area
Zechs broke the kiss and looked into her eyes “I have to go now; I'll see you when I get back.”
“Zechs… please be safe out there.”
A tear rolled down his face “I will, you just be strong.”
“I will, I love you Zechs.”
Zechs gave her one last kiss “I love you too Noin,”
He gave her hand a squeeze and made his way to the lift where the others were. As the lift started up Zechs look at Noin. He smiled and blew her a kiss; with tears running down her face, Noin smiled and caught the kiss. She then made her way to the control tower.
Zechs looked over at the other pilots as they prepared to board the Gundams; he gave them a slight nod.
“Alright men, lets end this.”
They boarded their suits, and blasted off towards their destination.
Noin watched from the COM tower as the pilots disappeared from view. She lowered her head and put her hand to her chest. “Zechs…”
Kale's Ship
Kale smiled as he though of the battle to come. He was positive that the Preventer's got his false message, he was also positive that they would come for his head. And when they did, he had a little surprise in store for them.
“Sir, the Preventer fleet is close, Should we send in the Gemini's?” Asked Lt. Ramirez
Kale shook his head “Not yet, but move the Virgo's into position.”
“Yes sir.”
Kale smiled as he saw the Virgo's get into position. “Gundam`s…your time is over.”
Kale began to laugh menacingly.
Space (Near Target)
“Man Heero, what are you going to do once this is over?” asked Duo
“I'm not sure; I'll probably just get my position back on the senate.”
Trowa chuckled “Oh I'm sure that diplomacy is right up your alley.”
Heero's eyes narrowed “What's that supposed to mean, I've been doing a good job so far”
Quatre smiled “That's probably because everyone's afraid that you'll shoot them if they oppose you.”
“Oh come on, I would never shoot them.”
Zechs eye's raised “You wouldn't?”
“Of course not, that's way to simplistic. Now planting C4 underneath their desks, that's more like it.”
Wu-Fei sighed, “Some things never change, anyways, enough with the chit chat, were approaching the Target Zone.”
The pilots looked ahead and saw a small convoy of ships escaping.
Heero smiled “Gentlemen, there's are targets, let's blow those bastards to hell and go home…ATTACK!”
The Gundam pilots and the other ships charged full speed ahead at the enemy. Suddenly, a huge laser beam cut right through a Preventer Cruiser, incinerating it.
“SHIT, WHERE, THE HELL DID THAT SHOT COME FROM!” Yelled Zechs
“I DON'T KNOW, I DIDN'T SEE A DAMNED THING!” Said Quatre
“What the, oh no… RADAR CONTACT, IT'S VIRGOS, BUT THERE`S OVER 500 OF THEM!” Yelled Trowa
“HOLY SHIT, IT'S AN AMBUSH, ITS A FUCKING AMBUSH,” Screamed Duo
“ALL MOBILE SUIT CARRIERS, DEPLOY SUITS NOW,” Ordered Wu-Fei
Duo and Wu-Fei activated their beam weapons, with a yell they charged at the nearest group of mobile suits. Quatre fought them up close while Trowa picked them off from a distance. Heero and Zechs began firing off there huge cannons in an effort to reduce their numbers.
The Preventer's were fighting for their lives; The Cruisers had unleashed their missile pods and now were firing their guns. The carriers had released the Serpent suits that were now firing in every direction.
Duo flew towards a group, raised his scythe, and sliced through 5 dolls. Wu-Fei impaled 3 with his trident and used his claws to destroy 2 more. Quatre charged forward and sliced 2 in half; he then swung his deadly blades and began decapitating one doll after another. Trowa let his missiles fly and was now firing upon multiple groups of Virgos. Heero and Zechs had abandoned there guns and now were slicing through suit after suit with there beam sabers
“COME ON KALE, IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO!” Yelled Heero as he obliterated a doll with his beam saber.
Quatre sliced another Virgo in half “These Dolls are being controlled by a single ship, if we find it, we can disable all the suits in the area.”
“Then we have to find that control ship and destroy it before this gets out of hand!” Answered Zechs as he plunged his saber through a Virgo.
Control Ship (Kale's Ship)
Kale couldn't help being proud of himself. The Preventer's had fallen right into their trap. His high-powered laser worked like a charm, and now Gundams were busy fighting the Virgo suits.
My revenge is almost complete… Ramirez Send out the Gemini suits.””
Ramirez grinned, “Yes sir,”
Kale smiled sickly and began to laugh.
Space
It was a hard battle, with losses mounting on both sides, but the Preventers were starting to get the upper hand. The Virgo's numbers were slowly being reduced, and it was only a matter of time until the Preventers achieved total victory.
Heero slashed through a suit and looked on at the battle, they had lost a few cruisers and serpent suits, but Kale's dolls were defiantly taking the brute of the battle. Still though, it would take awhile before they finished off all the suits Heero was about to rejoin the battles when his radar went off the charts.
What the hell? Everyone, I have multiple incomings headed this way.”
“What? How many? Asked Zechs
“About 200, but they're not showing up as any suits I know of.”
“Guys, look up to the east.” Ordered Wu-Fei
The pilots looked on a saw a large group of suits that resembled Taurus's in jet-mode, but they looked slightly bigger.
“What the hell… are those Taurus's?” Asked Duo
“No they can't be, they're too big to be normal Taurus's.” Replied Wu-Fei
Trowa raised his guns “Well whatever they are, I'll bet they're not friendly.”
A large number of Serpent suits flew in front of the Gundams.
“Don't worry guys, we can handle this.” Said one of them.
They immediately sped off towards the group.
“NO COME BACK!” Yelled Wu-Fei.
But it was too late; the Serpent suits closed in on them and prepared to fire. Suddenly the Gemini's all sped up and transformed out of jet mode. A short beam saber appeared from some of their right arms and they sliced through the first wave of Serpent Suits. The remaining suits returned fire but saw their shots get blocked by the Gemini's shielding pods. The Gundam pilots then looked on in horror as the rest of the Gemini's took out the remaining suits with their chain guns. The remaining Virgo's then fell back to link up with the Gemini suits.
“EVERYONE FORM UP!” Yelled Zechs
The Gundam pilots and Zechs flew to the front and formed a battle line; the rest of the Preventers fell in behind him. Heero grabbed his buster rifle and pointed it at the suits.
“OPEN FIRE!”
Everyone began firing at the suits, but saw their shields deflect all of their shots, not even Heero's buster rifle could break through.
“Guys, they're combining all their shields together to form an impenetrable barrier!” Yelled Quatre.
“So what do we do?” Asked Trowa
Heero tossed aside his rifle “We have to get in close,” He pulled out his beam saber “ALL FORCES ATTACK!”
The Preventer's charged the group head on; most of the Gemini's did the same while the Virgo's and a few Gemini's stayed back in their shields, the desperate battle had begun.
Heero launched himself at a Gemini and swung his sword at it; it blocked the attack and thrust its saber forward. Heero dodged the attack and sliced the suit down the middle. However he suddenly found himself under immense fire, he dodged right but then saw a Gemini above him ready to strike.
“YOU WISH!”
Duo smashed into the suit knocking it back, he then sliced it away with his scythe. Immediately he came under fire, he wrapped his wings around his body to shield him and sped away.
“You need to watch yourself Heero!”
Heero nodded “Thanks Duo,” Another suit lunged at him but this time he easily dispatched it.
Quatre skillfully slashed through a suit and dodged a lunge from another suit. He then responded by slashing its arm off, followed by its head.
This is getting out of hand. Guys, these suits are being controlled by the same control ship.”
Suddenly a suit came out of nowhere, its sword raised to attack. Instinctively, he raised his sword to block, but the beam sword slashed right through the sword and scathed the front of his suit. Quatre winced as his cockpit shock but used his other sword to slice the doll in half.
Trowa saw 5 Gemini's with their blades drawn flying straight at him. He mowed them all down but suddenly came under heavy fire from the other Gemini's and Virgos. He sped left to avoid the blasts and raised his guns in an attempt to fire back when a Gemini appeared out of nowhere and sliced most of Heavyarms left arm off. He quickly backed off and blasted it away with his other gun.
“Are you alright Trowa?” Yelled Quatre
Trowa looked at what was left of his suits arm “Yeah, I still have one good arm left.”
He then aimed his guns at a group of suits and began firing upon them.
Duo slashed through a group of suits and headed towards another but found he was cutoff by intense fire. He sped away to avoid it and saw a Gemini coming at him, sword raised. The suit slashed at him, but Duo managed to parry it with his scythe, knocking the suit back in the process. He then lunged forward and sliced the suit down the middle. Suddenly, he heard the sound of his missile radar going off. He turned around just as a missile impacted his suit, followed by a few others, sending his Gundam flying. He quickly regained control, but then saw two more missiles headed towards him.
“Heads up!”
Suddenly Wu-Fei's claws flew past Duo and impacted into the missiles. When the smoke had cleared Duo saw that both of his claws were partially destroyed.
“You alright Duo?” Asked Wu-Fei
Duo nodded “Yeah, thanks Wu-Fei, you saved my ass. Can you still use your claws?”
Wu-Fei retracted his claws and looked at them “They're pretty banged but I think there still usable.”
His radar suddenly went off and he saw a few suits coming at them.
“I got them.”
He sped towards them and launched his claws at them; he destroyed two and quickly retracted them and drew out his spear. He knocked away an attack from one suit and responded by slashing it in half. Another suit took a swing at him but he ducked it and impaled the suit. Suddenly he saw Duo charge in front of him and wipe out a suit with his beam scythe.
“We have to work together or else we won't make it out of here.”
Wu-Fei nodded “Right, LETS GO!”
Control Ship (Kale's Ship)
Kale looked on at the battle, a sick smile plastered on his face.
“Sir,”
Kale turned around and saw Lt. Ramirez approaching him.
“You wanted to see me sir?”
“Yes Ramirez, inform the pilot to prepare to move towards the battle on my signal.”
“But sir, why?”
“In the past few weeks that the Gundams have arrived, people have been questioning my ability to rule. However if I can kill just one of them, I will be able to solidify my position as new ruler of Earth Sphere.”
“Maybe so but it would be a substantial risk to us.”
Kale glared at him “What is risky lieutenant is disobeying my orders, now stop questioning me and follow my command!”
“Yes sir,” Said Ramirez hesitantly.
Space
The Gundam pilots fought bravely, but there were just too many suits. They were now beginning to run out of armor and weapons. Duo scythe and Wu-Fei's trident were running low on energy. One of Quatre's blades was broken and the other was close to breaking too. Trowa had run out of ammo and was now resorting to hitting the Virgo's with their fists. Heero and Zechs were fighting up close, there sabers running low on power.
Zechs stabbed a suit, knocked it away, blocked another attack, and slashed the suit in half. He saw another Gemini approaching him so he lashed out at it with his heat whip and caught it around the head. He then threw it into another suit, destroying them both. He then saw a Virgo coming at him out of the corner of his eye. He flew towards it, dodged its blaster, and impaled it through the head. Suddenly a Gemini came up behind him and slashed its sword at him. He tried to dodge it but it still grazed the back of his suit. Zechs gritted his teeth as the cockpit shook violently. But before the Gemini could attack again, Heero destroyed it with his shoulder chain guns.
“ZECHS ARE YOU ALRIGHT?” Yelled Heero
“I'LL LIVE, ARE YOU OKAY?”
“I DON'T HAVE MUCH LEFT; WE NEED TO FIND THE DAMNED CONTROL SHIP!”
“I KNOW, BUT WE HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING!” Shouted Zechs
“ZECHS, WE HAVE TO RETREAT NOW!” Screamed Duo
Trowa flew towards a suit and slammed his fists into it “WE CAN'T RETREAT, WE'RE CUT OFF!”
Suddenly a series of blasts connected with the back of his suit, a large piece of metal from his cockpit flew off and impaled itself in Trowa's abdomen.
“AHHHH!”
“TROWA, ARE YOU OKAY!” Screamed Zechs
“S…sorry… I…I can't…” Trowa clutched his side and fought to stay conscious as blood flowed from the wound.
With Trowa unable to fight, Heavy arms just drifted in space and came under intense fire.
“NO TROWA!” Yelled Heero
Duo charged forward “I'LL GO RESCUE HIM!”
A Gemini suit suddenly appeared in front of him he tore through it, but not before it had stabbed its beam sword through his upper chest, completely disabling him.
“SHIT, I CAN'T MOVE, MY CONTROLS ARE STUCK!”
Heero looked over at Quatre “QUATRE, DUO AND TROWA ARE SITTING DUCKS OUT THERE, HELP THEM OUT!”
Quatre sliced through another suit “RIGHT,” He threw what was left of his sword into an on coming suit. “Hang on guys!”
He flew to them and grabbed both suits with his hands “DON'T WORRY GUYS I GOT YOU,” He turned on his afterburners and tried to get out of there. But now he was coming under severe fire. “HEERO, I CAN'T GET OUT, THERE STILL TOO MANY SUITS!”
“YOU HAVE TOO TRY, IF WE ALL GO DOWN, THE PREVENTER'S ARE FINISHED!”
“I'LL TRY!”
He flew straight, but a large group of dolls got in his way and began firing. Quatre did his best to shield his friends from the blasts, but the torrent of fire was taking its toll on Sandrock. Every time he took a blast, a piece of his cockpit would come off and cut him. He grimaced as a small piece of metal got lodged in his arm. Suddenly a blast sent a piece of his helmet across his forehead, creating a large gash. Blood flowed into his left eye and down his face “I have to get them out of here!”
Zechs sliced upward and destroyed another suit “WU-FEI, YOU HAVE TO TRY AND GIVE QUATRE SOME COVER!”
“OK,” He flew forward and began slicing any suit that got in his way. Suddenly a blast hit his cockpit. The cockpit shook so violently, the glass around his helmet shattered and rained down on his face. “AHHHHH GOD, I CAN'T SEE, I CAN'T SEE!”
Zechs watched in horror as Shenlong, began moving in all directions. Zechs lowered his head and looked at Heero “Heero… were all that's left, all the other Gundams are disabled…I'm sorry.”
“ZECHS, GODDAMN IT DON'T GIVE UP ON ME NOW!”
Heero slashed through some more mobile dolls. But as he looked around him, he knew it was hopeless. There were far too many mobile dolls, the Preventers were dropping like flies, and the other Gundams were disabled. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw a small group of Serpent suits that were firing in every direction get completely annihilated by massive fire from the mobile dolls. He then looked on in horror as a few Preventer cruisers were slashed to pieces by a couple of Gemini suits. As he scanned the battlefield some more, he saw that a large group of Virgo's and Gemini's had surrounded Quatre, Duo, and Trowa and were pounding the suits with heavy fire. His gazed then shifted to Wu-Fei who was struggling to keep control of his suit while fighting off the attacks from the mobile dolls. However, despite his best efforts, the Virgo's cannons, and the Gemini's beam swords were slowly picking his suit apart. Heero continued fighting, but he knew that unless he found the control ship, they were all doomed. Suddenly, out of the shadows of space, a huge ship emerged. Heero immediately knew what it was; he turned on his Com-link and quickly contacted Zechs.
“ZECHS I SPOTTED THE CONTROL SHIP, I`M GOING IN!”
Heero sliced up some dolls and proceeded to fly straight toward it.
Zechs finished off another suit and flew after Heero “WAIT HEERO, I`M COMING WITH YOU!”
Control Ship
Kale looked from the screen and saw Wing Zero approaching. “That's it come to me.”
“Prepare to fire the Devastator Ray,” He said with a smile “Now Zero-One, let's see how your suit fares against my ultimate weapon.”
The cannon charged up and locked on too Wing Zero.
Space
Heero pointed his saber forward and prepared to strike. Suddenly a huge blast came from the ship.
Heero`s eyes opened wide “OH NO, I CAN'T DODGE IT!”
Heero closed his eyes and braced for impact.
“HEERO!”
Zechs sped in at the last second and flew in front of Zero, taking the brunt of the blast. The massive beam instantly engulfed Tallgeese and then hit his suit as well. The cockpit shook violently as the beam began tearing away at his suit. When the beam had passed, Heero looked up and saw that Tallgeese was still there. However, both legs and one arm had been blow off. There were sparks flying in all direction, and it appeared that it was heavily damaged. Heero tried to move, but saw that his suit was all but disabled. He then turned on his Com link and frantically tried to hail Zechs.
Control ship
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN OUR POWER IS OFFLINE?” Yelled Kale
“The blast from the Devastator Ray overheated our entire system, we have nothing right now!” Said Lt. Ramirez
Kale looked around at the battlefield, and while all the Gundams appeared to be disabled; his mobile dolls were also offline.
He looked back at Ramirez “How long till we have power again?”
“It should take about 5 minute's sir.”
Kale thought for a moment “Prepare for our emergency plan.”
Ramirez nodded “Yes sir.”
Space
“ZECHS, ZECHS, CAN YOU HEAR ME, ZECHS, GODDAMN-IT PLEASE, ANSWER ME!”
Suddenly, Zech's bloodied and battered face appeared on screen.
“H…Hee…Heero.”
Heero brought one hand to his mouth “Oh god Zechs, are you alright?”
Zechs grimaced in pain “M… most of my bones… a… are broken… h… hard to breathe.”
Heero began to panic “Don't worry Zechs I'll get you out of there!”
Zechs slowly shook his head “M… my hatch is disabled…my engines our gone… I only have… my backup boosters.”
“B…But Zechs, There has to be a way to get you out!”
Zechs lowered his head “No… no escaping this time, theirs only one thing I can do… Heero, I'm sorry.”
Zechs turned on his reserve booster and flew towards the Control Ship.
Heero's eyes opened wide “NO ZECHS, YOU CAN'T DO THIS, THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!”
“It's our only chance… I'm so sorry, but this is it for me.”
"NO DAMN IT, I CAN SAVE YOU, YOU JUST HAVE TO HOLD ON!"
Heero flipped every switch and pressed every button to try and start his suit back up, but nothing happened. He slammed his fists into his control panel and yelled out loud.
"This isn't happening, this can't be happening, oh god no!"
He wanted to say something to try and stop him but it was futile. He slumped back into his chair as tears began to roll down his face.
Tears fell from Zechs face, he looked up to where the other's were “Everyone, please… look after Noin for me… please, take care of her.”
As his suit got closer to the ship, he gazed around the battlefield one last time “It was my greatest honor to have lived by your sides, and to be able to call you my brothers, I love you all and I hope that you all live out your lives the best you can.”
He looked back at the screen “Heero… please be strong… and never forget this day… never forget the lives lost here… and look after my sister… She`ll need your strength now.”
“Zechs… you're my family… my brother… I swear on my life that I won`t disgrace you.”
Zechs swallowed hard “Tell Noin and Relena… that I love them very much… and that I'll always be with them… Heero farewell my brother”
Heero wept aloud “Zechs… I… I...”
Zechs smiled and touched the screen. His screen then went black as Tallgeese came within a few meters of the ship. Zechs closed his eyes and his fingers hovered over the self-detonation button.
Noin…please forgive me.”
With the last ounce of his strength he slammed his fist down on the button. Tallgeese exploded in a bright flash, taking out the ship with him. As the smoke began to clear Heero looked around, hoping for the impossible. When the smoke disappeared, all that could be seen was debris.
Heero's body trembled began to tremble “Zechs… Zechs… AHHHHHHH!”
Moon Base 1
One by one the grief stricken pilots landed their Gundams. A stretcher was brought in for Trowa; he lost a lot of blood but was still conscious. Tears had welled up in his eyes but he said nothing as the medics carried him away. A medic tended to Quatre's arm as he looked down at the ground, tears rolling off his face. Wu- Fei still sat in his cockpit, one hand covering his face as he sobbed uncontrollably. Duo yelled and began pounding his fist into the wall; he pounded on the wall until his hands became bloodied. He then buried his face in his hands as blood and tears fell to the ground. Heero slowly exited his cockpit and walked down the steps. When he reached the floor, he staggered a bit, and collapsed to the ground with a sob. Tears fell down his cheeks as he rubbed his face into the steel floor. Suddenly he noticed that someone was standing over him. As he looked up, tears still running, he made eye contact with Lucrenzia Noin. He slowly got to her face; eye's never leaving hers. Noin just looked at him, her face completely blank, but still showing overwhelming sadness. She suddenly dropped to her knees and let out a loud cry of grief, Heero wrapped his arms around her and tried to console her, but to no avail. Noin buried her face in his shoulder and cried and yelled Zechs name, Heero held her close still crying himself.
“Noin sorry…I'm so sorry… oh god.”
He looked up at the ceiling “Zechs…”
End Ch-6
End Part 2
If you have any comments about this feel free to send me an e-mail or write me a review. Constructive criticism is also welcome as I am always trying to improve upon my writing. Just be sure to let me know what you think.
Peace!