Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: amazingly there's none...sorry to disapoint you!

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing!!!!!!!!!! Nutz, if anyone is willng to give to me, by all means go ahead! Don't sue, unless you want 5 bucks and some pocket lint.

Chapter 1: Friends

Alexia Oceanid and her friend Dryad Naiad were falling asleep in homeroom in the college they were going to at the age of eighteen. This particular school specialized in the training of Law and Order, so to speak. The teacher was starting to wonder why the two were being so quiet, she caught on quickly.

"MISS OCEANID!!! MISS NAIAD!!! What are you doing?" The English teacher, Mrs. Birch yelled at Alex and Dryad, "Start listening more in class!"

"Yes Mrs. Birch." Dryad said, she stood up and bowed in apology.

"Yes ma'am." Alex said, bowing like Dryad did. They both sat down, and Alex started giggling to Dryad, and started to talk about the stupidity of teachers. The principal then walked in, with five young men, about 19, following them.

"Class, you have five new students, please welcome..." The principal trailed off, and then introduced, "Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Trowa Barton, Quatre Winner, and Chang Wufei." The five lined up in front of the class Alex and Dryad's mouths dropped open.

"It's the Gundam pilots! They've come to our school!" Alex hissed.

"They're really here." Dryad said, always the observant one, "They were the last people I would expect to be here."

"Well, this will certainly be an interesting year for us all won't it, class." Mrs. Birch said, smiling at the boys, "Sit down over there, in between Alex and Dryad." Mrs. Birch pointed to where Alex and Dryad were, "It's about time I separated them anyway, they talk too much."

"We don't talk too much, you are delusional, and hallucinating." Alex quietly snapped at Mrs. Birch after the pilots sat down. Duo sat between them, Trowa was beside Dryad, and Wufei was beside him, Quatre was beside Alex, and Heero was beside Quatre. The two girls looked rather uncomfortable. The were both wondering why the pilots were in their school, because they had to on a mission, and what kind of mission they were on. They were also wondering where their Gundams were.

"Hi there, my name's Duo, Duo Maxwell, I may run and hide, but I never tell a lie, that's me in a nutshell!" introduced Duo, who didn't notice that both girls were trying very hard not to laugh their heads off.

"If you must call me anything, call me Trowa, Trowa Barton."

"Hello, I'm Quatre Raberba Winner, but you may call me Quatre."

"I'm Heero Yuy."

"You may call me Wufei, and nothing else."

"Call him Wu-man, I always do and I never get in trouble." offered Duo.

"That is, if you don't call getting sliced, diced, and getting your head shoved down a toilet 'never getting in trouble'." Trowa said, with an amused voice.

"Well, I'm Dryad Naiad, but just call Dryad."

"And I'm Alexia Oceanid, but call me Alex, or pay a terrible, terrible price."

"Like what?" Quatre asked, looking at Alex.

"I'll set her on you." Alex said, with grim certainty, looking over at Dryad, "Never, ever get on that girl's bad side, she's deadly enough without being mad." Alex advised them wisely.

"Is that so? What can she do exactly?" asked Wufei, who actually seemed interested in something.

"I can kill you quickly, slowly, painless, painfully, I can basically kill you almost anyway possible." Duo thought he heard her mumble something like 'Well maybe not you five...', and was worried until he remembered that there was no way that she could have known who they were.....right? Oh well, there was at least no way that she could know why they were there. Which got him thinking about the mission.

Two, completely unknown, assassins were about to kill a Preventers officer. They knew absolutely nothing about them, either. They didn't even know if they were "he's", or if they are "she's", all they knew about them is that they often found the bodies around here, the School of Defense and Justice of the Peace. And the final thing they knew about the assassins was that one of them favored a crossbow, and one favored many different types of blades. Both of them used guns at some point, though, they were very thorough, and therefore, very deadly. Hell, they didn't even know who hired the assassins, though they knew that they were paid before hand, and would therefore kill the officer even if we killed their employer.

A sharp jab in the ribs brought him back to the real world, delivered by Alex.

"Hey, Duo? Are you listening to me?" she asked, poking him.

"Yeah, yeah. What is it?" Duo asked, guarding his arm from an on-coming poke.

"Class ended." Dryad answered, getting up from her seat, and stepping over his feet, "What's your guys' schedule?"

"Uhh, well, I've got Phys Ed...."Duo answered, after taking out his schedule.

"Trowa and I've got Music." Quatre said, picking up his violin. Trowa just nodded.

"Well, Yuy and I have Phys Ed as well as Maxwell." Wufei said, checking his and Heero's schedule.

"Great. I'll take you three to P.E. Dryad'll take Quatre and Trowa to Music, won't ya'?" Alex said, looking imploringly at Dryad, who just nodded.

"I have Music anyways, so come on." Dryad motioned with her hand for Trowa and Quatre to follow her.

"Okay! I play the violin, and Trowa plays the flute. So what do you play?" Quatre asked, wondering where her instrument was.

"Well, in music, you are able to use any instrument." Dryad started, "So I use my voice. I sing." they heard Duo scream.

"Hey! Let go of my braid!" Duo started batting at Alex's hands, which were pulling Duo's braid, with an attached Duo, to the Gym.

"Shut up, then!" Alex 'said' to Duo. Duo whimpered, and then promptly shut up at another tug of his braid.

"Alex, why are you doing that to him?" Dryad shook her head in amusement.

"He won't shut up, so I'm making him!" Alex replied, letting go of Duo's braid, "Happy now?"

"Yes, thank you." Dryad barely managed to hold back a laugh at how Duo was cradling his braid, "Let's go, now, alright?" Everyone nodded, and split up, going their separate routes to either the Gym or the Music room.

IN THE GYM

"Class, we have three new students with us in this course. Welcome Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, and Chang Wufei." the Gym teacher said, Mr. Coalbult, getting the pilots to stand up, "Now, let's start with laps on the track outside, five of them." the class groaned.

"Actually, this'll be good exercise, the guys in this class are getting fat." Alex grinned. The g-boys noticed a few minutes ago that Alex was the only girl in the Phys Ed class, and were kind of curious as to why. The rest of the class, though, seemed to respect her, and her apparent ability, that they had yet to see.

"Alright, class. On the whistle, go." he blew the whistle, and the class started off.

Duo, Heero, and Wufei, as expected, were at the front. Alex, not expected, was right beside them, until they stopped because they were done, and every one else had at least a lap and a half left to do.

"Okay, class, today we're starting Badminton. Pick your partners, and take out your rackets that you were told to purchase at the beginning of the year. Maxwell, Wufei, Yuy! Do you have your own rackets?" Wufei and Heero held out their rackets, but Duo shook his head no, "Okay, then, Maxwell. Does anyone have an extra racket for Maxwell, here?"

"I do, Mr. Coalbult." Alex said, holding out a racket to Duo, "Here, you can borrow it until you get one for yourself, k?"

"Sure, thanks, Alex!" Duo replied, with his normal grin. They all finished pairing up, except for the g-boys and Alex.

"I refuse to go with Maxwell, one of you two will have to!" Wufei said, with as much dignity he could muster.

"Very well, I'll go with Duo, then." Alex said, grinning a challenge to Duo.

"Gotcha'!" Duo said, as he and Alex started to play. Wufei and Heero shrugged, then started to play as well.

MEANWHILE.....IN THE MUSIC ROOM

"Class, we have two new students joining us today. Please welcome Mr. Quatre Winner, and Mr. Trowa Barton." the music teacher, Mrs. Vanhumbeck, said, pointing to Quatre and Trowa, who sat on either side of Dryad, "Alright, class, today we'll start off where we ended yesterday. The creation of 'Canon', by Pachebel. Today, however, due to your wonderful behavior yesterday, will be playing it. Here are the sheets. Look them over, we will play it soon, alright?" Mrs. Vanhumbeck came over to Dryad, Quatre, and Trowa.

"Do you two feel up to playing this, on your first day?" she asked politely. They nodded, "Good. Dryad, you will be singing this part, alright?" Dryad nodded after looking over the sheet.

"Ooooh, Dryad gets to decide if she wants to sing her part." a boy from behind, Patrick Moore, a saxophone player, said, grabbing her music sheet.

"Patrick. Give that back. Now." she said, threatening him with the look in her eyes.

"Let's see here.....oooh, an easy part, figures. I could play this easily." he continued, ignoring her.

"Singing and playing an instrument are very different. Singing is harder at times, especially when singing a piece with no words." Dryad said, trying not to hit him.

"Oh, please. Singing doesn't involve playing an instrument, you don't have to press keys while looking at music. So, ha!" Patrick said, looking smug.

"One's voice is an instrument. And, you're right, I don't have to 'press keys' while looking at music. Instead, I have to concentrate on making my voice the right pitch and sound. Oh, and then, I have to make sure that my voice is able to work, so I have to take care of it......" Dryad said, with a meaningful look at him.

"Oh, shut up, Naiad." added another boy from beside Patrick, Ben Lindsey.

"Hey.....what's your names?" Quatre asked.

"I'm Patrick, and that's Ben." Patrick said with a big smirk.

"Well, Patrick, Ben, you're just being cruel to her. You sho-" Trowa chose that moment to take the music sheet out of Patrick's hand and gave it back to Dryad.

"Thank you, Trowa."

"Not a problem." he replied. Mrs. Vanhumbeck called attention to the front of the classroom to start the piece.

When the piece started, they heard about five people sticking to one part, and one person singing the most difficult part to play. Since they were sitting near the person, Trowa and Quatre could tell that it was Dryad singing the hardest part. She had, by far, the best voice in the class, and was able to go from baritone to descant easily in one note. No one else seemed to know who the voice was, though, because afterwards, they were all talking about it.

"Well, at least we can be satisfied knowing that Dryad isn't the best one." Patrick sneered at her, Trowa, and Quatre after they finished playing, "Y'know...." he started off, "If you ever decide to dump that piece of trash, you could hang with us, and become popular. I mean, why would two smart, cool-looking guys want to hang around.....around.....that!"

"Because they'd rather not hang around those.....poor excuses for human beings." Dryad answered cooly, "I mean, who would?"

"Well....at least I'm not the least popluar kid in school!" Patrick snapped back, loud enough for every one to hear.

"Patrick!" Mrs. Vanhumbeck yelled at him, "Out! Now! Go to the Dean's office!"

BACK TO THE GYM

"Hey Alex, why don't you acctually hit the birdie!" Aaron yelled from the other sid of the net.

"I think you're mistaken, i'm the one hitting the bird you're the one missing it all the time!" Alex yalled back at him, her face going red from trying not to shove the racket his throat. "Hey, cool off man, lets finish the game and save the bickering for later!" Duo said to Aaron.

Why don't you dump her and hang with us, you could be the coolest guy on campus!" Aaron's parter, Tim Ringland said from beside Aaron. "Rather not, I don't hang with people who can't keep there mouth shut!" Duo shot back. "And why's that?" Aaron asked curiosly. "'Cause then I can't talk!" Alex doubled over in laughter at the look on Tim's and Aaron's faces.

"What's so funny?" asked a new voice from behind Alex and Duo, both of them turned around to see Heero and Wufei.

"Hey Heero, Wu-man!" Duo yelled out. "MAXWELL HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU NOT TO CALL ME WU-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Wufei yelled. All eyes turned to him. Alex and Duo doubled over in laughter, again, at the loook on Wufei's crimson face. "TIME TO CHANGE!!!!!" Mr. Coalbult yelled from the other side of the gym, saving Wufei from public exposion. Everyone got changed and left the gym.

OUTSIDE THE GYM

"Hey! Wait up!" Quatre yelled runnung up to meet Heero, Duo and Alex. Dryad, and Trowa right behind him. "Hey Dryad, What did Patrick say this time?" Alex asked Dryad. "Oh, you know same old, same old." Dryad said with a hint of i'm going to kill that llittle S.O.B. the next time I see him in her voice.

"Ah, well that was last class, we better get back to the dorms. Where are your dorms?" Alex said, then directed the last past to the guys. " On the other side of the campus, I think room 12 and 14" Quatre said looking through the folder he got from the principal. "Cool, Dryad and I have room 13!" exclaimed Alex. Well would you mind showing us where thay are?" Duo asked looking like a lost puppy. "Sure, follow us." Dryad said then began walking toward the dormitories. "Lets go!" Alex said, with a little more than a usual amount of perkyness. Heere, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei soon followed.

JUST OUT SIDE THE DORM ROOMS

"Well here we are" Alex exclaimed once they reached the'r destination. "Room 12 is on the right, and room 14 is on the left." Alex stated looking at Alex with a look saying she is way to perky for her own good. fust then a shot rang through the air, and a bullet embedded itself in Dryad's shoulder, damiging the bone. Dryad noticed everything going dark, she heard someone calling her name, but that didn't stop her in slipping into the grasp of unconciousness. All of a sudden her vision went black.

A peice of paper fell from the window on the other side of the hallway, Heero went over and grabed in up from the ground. He paled a few shades. "Quatre, you and Alex get Dryad to the infirmary. Duo, trowa, Wufei come with me, we need to disscuss something." He standed, then procced to walk into one of the two dorms he adn his friends were given. Alex and Quatre took Dryad down to the infirmary.

~TBC~

Review if you want the next chapter!