Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Why Aint I Running ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer I do not own Gundam Wing or Capitol Records A/N Takes place after Catwho's November Magic
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------

Why Aint I Running by vegitoth, Song by Garth Brooks


I woke up on a cold November morning and found myself with peaceful light-brown headed young woman named Relena Peacecraft and she was sleeping peacefully after the magic both me and her made last night. I was starting to get out of bed to get myself dressed because I wanted to go back to the battlefield, where I belonged.

//I can hear that highway calling
As I watch the sunrise crawling across her shoulder
This is usually goodbye
And yet those words I just can't find here as I hold her//

Sitting by her bed, I got dressed in my usual clothes, and I came up close to her and started to kiss her face before I went over to my Wing Zero. As I was going into my cockpit while turning the light on in the cockpit, somehow I couldn't find the heart to start my mobile suit. The reason why was because a sudden thought in my mind. It was kinda like a brand new thought and it also felt the same as it involved me with the one woman I care about, and all of the sudden I've realised that she is like no other woman I've never seen, heard, or known before. Looking at the sunshine I almost feel like I shouldn't be in my mobile suit.

//She's like no other woman
That I have known before
And it ain't me to see the morning sun
From this side of the door//

So instead of trying to leave I figured to just go ahead and take a walk around the meadow and try to figure out the thought in my head. It almost felt like a riddle that couldn't be solved by head, instead this riddle felt like it should be solved by my own heart. This kind of thing felt new to me, for I never thought of anything that came to my heart. After the people who got me into being a Gundam pilot and were also trying to get all of the humanity out of me I always thought I was cold-hearted and hateful. But ever since I met Relena, she was the first and only step towards coming back to my humanity. At some points in our encounters I would always feel scared without even being scared and I would always try to run away, but I would never even run far enough.

//Why ain't I running? Why ain't I gone?
How does she hold me Without holding on?
In love or a fight She's stronger than strong
Something's not right If there ain't nothing wrong
It's got me wondering Why ain't I running?
Why ain't I gone? //

Now looking back, maybe if I wasn't a perfect soldier, I'd be standing beside her while having a love for her. But then all of the sudden if my friends would also stay beside me, there would never be a way to recognize all the nice things that she has done for me.

//All those words I left behind me
Praying they would never find me and my freedom
But if they stood right here beside me
They would never recognize me for all that she's done//

I may admit that I was really happy being alone but now a days I dont even like being alone anymore. After laying down in the grass for about a few minutes I now know the answer of the riddle in my head, my heart helped me answer the question, now that I realise it I cant even bear to leave her anymore. I feel like all of the lost humanity came back to me in an instant. I have to go to her.

//Once happiness was only
Whenever I was on my own
So now why do I feel lonely
Any time that I'm alone//

I start running back to the palace where Relena was still fast asleep, I know she'll be waking up once I come knocking on her window. She heard me knocking on the window and came to the window, half of her body was wrapped up in a blanket. With one free hand, while the other hand held her blanket, she opened up her window and I stepped in pressing my lips against her's in the process.

//Why ain't I running? Why ain't I gone?
How does she hold me Without holding on?
In love or a fight She's stronger than strong
Something's not right When there ain't nothing wrong
It's got me wondering Why ain't I running?//

Somehow she felt that my lips were very smooth from last night. With one free arm she started wrapping her arm around my neck, while one of my arms was wrapped around her blanket that way it would prevent the blanket from falling down off of her and on the other hand I stroked her silky hair. Letting go of the kiss she looked at me and asked "Aint you suppose to go somewhere?"

//No, they’ve never built a wall that high
Or made a chain that strong
And God ain't never made a place
I felt like I belong//

I replied with a gentle smile "I actually had a change of plans, I was thinking on us spending some alone time just me and you.". She must've known what I was thinking because she restarted the kiss after I said that. As the sunlight crawled across our shoulders I know it's obvious that the answer would seem very clear when I'm with her, she is the reason why I dont run away from love and emotions.

//Why ain't I running? Why ain't I gone?
How does she hold me Without holding on?
In love or a fight She's stronger than strong
Something's not right When there ain't nothing wrong
It's got me wondering Why ain't I running?
Why ain't I gone?//