Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Why Now? ❯ Why Now? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why Now? by Yaoi Girl


~Quatre~

How can I tell him? Would he ever understand? If he did understand, would he ever? Ever consider me as…

"Ohayo, Quatre!"

Duo knows just when to interrupt my thoughts…

"Hey, Q?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna eat this biscuit?"

...and my breakfast…

"You can have it, Duo," I tell him, even though he already has over half the biscuit in his mouth.

I have to laugh, though, when Duo finished the 'bite', being the whole biscuit, and begins to lap at the rough of his mouth.

I love biscuits that are still kinda doughy in the middle…(evil grin)

"Hey, Q! Where da mawk?!"

"Heero drank the rest of it…" I giggled; I sat the jug on the table with me…so naturally, being Duo and all, he would overlook it. (Don't you just hate people that do that to you ALL the time…)

He groans in defeat and heads for the cabinet with the cups, then to the sink to get some water.

"That's better!" he breathed heavily after he finished his huge gulp of water. "Ya know, water's not the best thing to drink when you have food glued to the top of your mouth…"

I nod, giving a slight 'hm', my eyes downcast and my expression sad; all thoughts back on a certain someone…

"Quatre? What's wrong? Are you upset cause I ate your uncooked biscuit?" he asks; I guess he thought he could get me to giggle.

"No…it's not that…" I replied, my voice distant and sad.

"Then what's with the long face?" he asks me seriously.

"I don't really feel like…"


~Duo~

"Say no more. I'll leave ya to your self…but don't forget! I shall return!" I get the pic that he wants to be by himself, but for what, I don't know…

He's been like this the past couple of days; moping around the house and gardens like this…I wonder what's eat'n him.

I turn to walk out of the kitchen, glancing over my shoulder at him to see him nearly in tears. Poor Quatre…

(The Living room)

Yeah! Heero! Someone to annoy, I mean…talk to!

"Oi, Heero! Watcha doin'?"

"What does it look like baka?" The inseparable pair…the laptop and Yuy. The laptop's almost as bad as that spandex of his…

"Did you get a new mission?" Uh-oh…The evil smirk…

"Yup…" I almost 'eep' as I see the smirk widen almost into an evil smile…almost…

"What kinda mission, Hee-chan?"

"You'll find out soon enough…" Now it's reached the evil smile…Something's up.

"Can't you tell me now?" I was practically begging, and all I get is…

"Not until I get this mission outline done. Then you can see your role in this…"

I don't like the sound of his voice, and that smile isn't helping matters at all. "How long's it gonna take?"

"About an hour or so…but you'll have to wait until the others are gone or asleep before I can tell or show you anything about this mission."

Gwarg! I hate waiting…So NOT my best quality.


~Heero~

Actually…If I really wanted to, I could show him now what this mission was, but he has a big mouth…he'll ruin my perfect plans.


~Trowa~

*sigh*Yet another long night with this same sad and lonely heart of mine.

Too long have I been silent, but it's who I have become. I've always been silent about everything. Anyway, whom could I talk to about my problems? Who would be able to help me?

There's actually only one person to turn to for advice on this problem…but this problem is about him, has him majorly involved, that is, in my heart and mind.

"Why did he have to be part of all the fighting and bloodshed? He's too kind, too sweet, too pure…and angel in a word. He's all he'll ever need to be; therefore he doesn't need me in his life. He needs to love someone who deserves his love…I wish it could be me, but I'm nothing like him, I'm not an angel; I am a demon, one definitely not pure, and no where near deserving of anyone's love…"

No longer, at least for the moment, am I silent, for I am speaking my thoughts, alone in my room, of the Arabian pilot that I have come to love and protect.

Time to leave…my life awaits.

I finish dressing for my performance at the circus tonight and start down the stairs and outside to my car.

Alone, I walk out the front door.

"Good-bye, Quatre," I say quietly as I open my car door and face the house the five of us now live in.


~Duo~

"Trowa sure look down, huh Heero?" I inquire as Trowa closes the front door behind him.

"It won't last for much longer…"

"What? Your laptop battery?" I can't help but be sarcastic…

"No…I was talking about Trowa's being sad."

"Oh? And why's that?" I ask quizzically, lifting an eyebrow.

"You'll find out soon enough…"

Heero, if you make me wait much longer, omae o korosu is all I have to say!


~Quatre~

"Three already?" I know I'm alone, but time seems to pass quickly when I'm thinking and daydreaming.

I'm usually already in the gardens before three…but not today…

Oh, well. Better late than never. Maybe a walk will help me take my mind off of…

It's too depressing for me to even think now; certain thoughts are okay, but others are definitely not.

I've been like this so often lately that I spend hours alone, locked up in my room and crying like a child. No one knows that I do this but me; I'm too shy and embarrassed to tell anyone. I can't even write or think about what's depressing me anymore without crying, sometimes out in the open where the others will see me.


~Duo~

So not good so not good so not good! "HEERO! QUATRE!"

So not good, so defiantly not good!

"What?" Why is he always so calm about things?

"Where's Quatre?"

"In the rose garden. Why? What's wrong?"

"Trowa's in the hospital!"

"Why?" Can't he act just a little surprised or shocked at least every once in a while, like now?!

"Catherine nearly punctured him in the heart during the knife throwy thingy! Someone in the crowd threw something at her and hit her…She lost aim and the knife slipped…"

"Why'd this have to happen now of all times?! My plans are all ruined!" Now he shows emotion…

He's more worried about some stupid plans than his best friend?!

"I see how much you really care!" I turn and run.

I've gotta find Quatre.


~Heero~

Damn you Catherine! Just when I have the perfect place, something like this would have to happen…

But, Duo…you've got it all wrong. I do care about Trowa, but I'm just ticked off right now!

I finally had everything going my way…Trowa would've admitted his love for Quatre, or visa versa, and look what happens…

Gwarg! AHHHHHH! I've been around Duo too long! But that's a good thing, right? (evil grin)


On to part 2...