Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Why Now? ❯ Why Now? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why Now? by Yaoi Girl

~Duo~

"Hurry up, Quatre!"

Screw dragging him, I'll just carry him.


~Quatre~

(In the car on the way to the hospital)

I'm already a nervous wreck and I don't know how bad his injury is…

"How'd you find out, Duo?"

"The ring leader guy called and told me…Cathy's all upset about it now and crying in her trailer, so he said…Then the hospital called after they got him checked in…"

"How bad…is it?" I'm not going to cry!

"From what I heard…pretty bad…well, I mean he still has a good chance of surviving…but the wound'll take a long time before it heals right. If he moves a lot, it'll make it worst and lower his survival rate."

No, tears! Please stop! I don't want to break down in front of Duo. I don't want anyone to know!

"Quatre, are you gonna be alright?"

Great! He's noticed that I'm crying. "Yeah…I'll be fine." Now my hands won't stop shaking.

"Quatre, it's okay."

"How do you know?! For all you know he could be dead by now!" I'm breaking and there's nothing I can do about it now, not until I see Trowa alive.

"You really do love him, don't you? You really care about him…"

He knows?! I thought that I was the only one that knew.

All I can do is stare at him through wide teary eyes, my expression pained. I turn away from him quickly and stare out the window at the passing white lines, one thought running through my mind… 'He knows'.

"It's okay; don't feel bad," he says, obviously trying to comfort me.

I come out of shock mode. "Can you go any faster?" I ask quietly.

"Sure thing." Always trying to please…Arigatou, Duo.


~Duo~

Poor Quatre. This is the first time I've ever seen him cry.

I know Quatre's ashamed now because I know about his feelings, and the fact that I know he's in a love with a guy. But that's one thing that doesn't affect me; I'm in love with one...


~Wufei~

Finally, it's night! Rest at last...unless loud-mouth's home.

What's this I hear? Golden silence at long last!!

Hang on a sec. Why's Heero slumped in that corner? I know he enjoys the silence as much as I do...so why...?

"Heero?"

As he slowly lifts his eyes and head away from the floor, I see...tears? He's crying?!

"What's wrong? And don't tell me it's nothing...you never cry."

"Trowa's in the hospital...injury status unknown to me, and Duo thinks that I don't care about any of this."

He's been crying for a while; his voice is raspy and strained.

"But I do care...I care about Duo! I'm just like Quatre with Trowa; I don't know how to tell or show that I love him."

His gaze drops back to the floor in defeat. He must really care...

Oh, no! He's crying again...what am I supposed to do?!


~Quatre~

"We're hear to see Trowa Barton."

"I'm sorry, sir. He's not allowed to have visitors right now. He just got out of surgery and..."

"What?! We're practically his family, and we're not allowed to see him?!"

I don't care now how much I scream or cry now; I need to see Trowa!


~Duo~

I knew something like this was gonna happen sooner or later...

"Calm down, Quatre! Come on over here and sit down!"

Quatre's really hard to move when he's mad!

"Sorry ma'am. He's really upset about this."

I hope she doesn't call security on us!

After about 15 minutes of 'attempting' to get Quatre to move away from the desk, guess who finally decides to show up...

Spandex boy and Wu-man.

We all three finally manage to lift Quatre up, secure the flailing limbs, and lie him stomach down on a couch in the waiting area. Since he keeps attempting to get away, Wufei so kindly sat on his back, dodging the freed limbs.


~Trowa~

How'd I end up here? I know I'm in the hospital, but why?

I observe my room for conformation that it is indeed the hospital. Ow!

My head hurts and so does my chest...What happened to me?

"Good to see you've finally woken up Mr. Barton," the nurse in my room says upon seeing my eyes open and head moving about.

"Why am I here?"

"You don't know? Aren't you in pain? You anesthetics should be wearing off by now..."

"Yeah, a little bit of pain, but nothing bad..."

"That's good to hear. Is your chest bothering you at all?"

"Not really. Why am I here?"

"Oh, I'm sorry...Miss Catherine miscalculated her knife aim and nearly punctured your heart. You passed out shortly after; another knife had turned backwards and the handle hit you on the side of you head...at least that's what we were told here by whoever brought you in."

No wonder my head hurts...

"Is anyone here to see me yet?"

"I dunno...I've been in here with you since you got out of surgery an hour ago."

"Could you please find out?"

"Sure thing."

Surgery? Well I suppose I would need it after getting stabbed...but Cathy doesn't miscalculate her aim...so what happened?

I jump slightly as the door opens and the brown haired nurse, who'd been in my room with me a few moments ago, pokes her head into my room.

"There's a Mr. Maxwell, Mr. Yuy, Mr. Chang, and a Mr. Winner here to see you, and Miss Catherine called and said she was on her way."

"Thanks. Could you please send them in?"

"Sure."

I'm glad they came, especially Quatre...


On to part 3...~Coming soon~