Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Witch Way to Life ❯ WWL 7-Running from Pink ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Witch Way to Life
Author: shad0w118
Archive: fanfiction.net , MediaMiner.org
Feedback: Yes, please. I appreciate it.
Pairing: 2+1, 3+4, 5+S, R+1
Rating: PG
Category: AU, Magic, Humour
Warnings: OOC Heero, Shonen ai, loosely based on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Relena Bashing

Notes: In this chapter we have a run and hide Heero. O.o isn't that suppose to be Duo's motto??? Annoying Relena and also stalker-ish (so what's new about that huh.) So please review and tell me what you think. Enough of babble here is the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't own them and the standard stuff. This is a developing friendship then turn relationship for the guys???

/-------/ thoughts
++++++ Scene change/ time passing
 
Chapter 7- Running from Pink
 
 
“Duo, I'm ready. Where are we going?” Heero call out to Duo as he went down the stairs.
 
“Dinner then the movies, Is that ok with you?” Duo answered from the bottom of the staircase.
 
“Sounds great. What movie are we watching?” heading to the closet to get his coat and handing Duo his.
 
“Not sure what ca like but I thought maybe a comedy flick. The new movie `Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium' looks kind of nice. I saw the preview last week. If you don't like it we can catch another movie.”
 
“I'm ok with it. Not really picky. I do enjoy a good comedy flick every now and then.”
 
“We'll go to Dave's Burger Joint to grab dinner then catch the nine o'clock show. It'll be like hanging out `cept this is a date.”
 
Opening the front door, Heero let Duo out first then lock the door behind him.
 
 
++++++++++
 
“Hee-chan, what ya wanna eat. I am paying cos I'm taking you out.” Duo asked as they sat down at a corner booth.
 
A waitress brought over the menu and asked for their order.
 
“Uhmmm... I'll have the `Cheeseburger Special with Fries' and a glass of chocolate milkshake.”
 
“ Ok, and I'll have the `Triple X Combo with Fries', a banana split, strawberry waffles, apple pie and a soda.” Duo recited his order to the waitress.
 
“Duo can you really eat all that?” Heero's eyes nearly dropped out upon hearing the amount of food Duo ordered.
 
“Yea, sure. I'm still growing ya k'no.” he then handed the menus back to the waitress with thanks.
 
Duo was staring at Heero unsure of how to start a conversation when the doorbell chime as the door to the joint was opened and a high pitch voice of a girl can be heard grumbling and complaining.
 
“This is where we're eating. This dump? I thought you had more class Alex.” A pink princess was behind the screeching voice complaining.
 
“But Relena, this place has the best food around `sides all the cool kids from school hang out here.” Alex the jock replied.
 
“Well not me.” Relena huffed.
 
“Come on now babe, giv this place a chance. You'll like it.”
 
“I doubt it. I bet if Heero brought me out. We would have gone for a romantic dinner at the Ritz or some where classy.” Relena rebutted as she wrinkle her nose in disgust as her eyes sweep over the burger joint.
 
“That nerd, babe I doubt he could afford it. `sides one of your status shouldn't be associated with some one like him.” Alex snorted.
 
“He's just mixing with the wrong crowd. Mislead by that that fairy Maxwell and his groupies. The Winner boy is also hoodwinked by that ruffian Barton. I couldn't believe that they are together for the love of God.”
 
 
“Come on now babe, tonight's `bout us and not them. Let's eat then, go for a movie.” Alex steer Relena to a booth 3 seats from the one Heero and Duo were seated in.
 
Duo glare at the stuck up pair as they walk pass their booth. If she don't like it so much they should leave and go to their high class restaurant and not stay to contaminate the environment. He turn back to Heero only to find his date had shrunk to a corner and slid down his seat to hide himself.
 
“Hee-chan, wha' ca doing down there? Sit properly.”
 
“Shhh……… not so loud. I don't want her to know I'm here.” Heero hissed at Duo.
 
Duo frown at the answer. “You don't want her to know you come here or that you're here on a date with me.” Duo hissed back though his eyes showed that he was hurt by Heero's answer.
 
“NO, it's not that. I just don't want her running over here and ruin our date. You know how she tends to cling on to me like a super magnet. I'll never be able to get her off.”
 
“I know but it looks like we're hiding and not dating.” Duo pouted.
 
“Ok. I got an idea. Ask the waitress to change our order to take away. We'll go to the park and have sort of a picnic. It's a nice night out anyway. After that we'll go to the movies.”
 
Duo immediately brightens up at the suggestion. He discreetly told the waitress to pack their order for them to take away. Three booths away the shrilly screechy voice was still complaining.
 
“Don't you have any non-greasy food? I'm watching my figure here. Is this stuff even edible? Don't you have something classy like caviar?
 
Duo could see that the waitress serving Relena and Alex was annoyed at the pink princess but forced to put up a strained smile as she serve them. The whole time while waiting for their order, Heero was sitting so low that he was practically under the table. Duo could tell that he was sorry that their night out was turning out like this, hiding from the pink menace again just like every other day in school. When the waitress brought them their order he quickly paid for the food and rush out of the joint without looking like it with Heero just half a step in front of him. Once out of the vicinity of the burger joint, they took time to enjoy a leisure stroll to the park till they reach the picnic tables. Setting the food on the table they began to eat under the moon and starlight's and some lights from the lamppost not far away. Without interference from the pink menace, Heero was more relaxed and able to enjoy their dinner and even flirted a bit with Duo. Duo even took the opportunity to play footsie as there was nobody around. Heero even retaliated, sliding his left foot up Duo's thigh just as Duo had done to him.
 
After dinner, they cleared off all the wrappings and containers of their food then headed for the cinema. They the cinema reached with 30 minutes to spare. Duo quickly stood in line to purchase the tickets while Heero looked around at the posters of the current movies. He saw a movie, which looked interesting and thought that maybe he could come for a movie again with Duo next week. It could be their second date then or he should come up with something else.
 
`Argh' tonight was not even done, and here he was stretching his brain thinking on the next date. He didn't even know if Duo would consider going out with him again after tonight. While contemplating, Heero did not notice Duo had bought the tickets and snuck up behind him. Startled, Heero nearly jump out of his skin when Duo wrap his arms around his waist from behind.
 
“Duo!”
 
“Yea, Hee-chan”
 
“You startle me.”
 
“Now did I. I'm hopping to do more than that you know.”
 
“…”
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Huhz?”
 
“Drink. What do you wan to drink? I getting tidbits from the concession corner.”
 
“I'm still a bit full from dinner. I don't think I can take another bite anymore.”
 
“Why not I get a large soda or something then we can share it.”
 
“Uh.. Um sure. Anything's ok.”
 
Duo then release his hold on Heero and bounce over to the concession counter to buy the drinks. Heero continued to look at the posters of the upcoming movies as he ponders about his date until heard a familiar screech of a female voice. Suddenly aware of the danger he is in, Heero quickly dash to hide behind a pillar next to him just as Relena and Alex passed by. Relena was still complaining about the burger joint, how low class it was, how the waitress nearly spoilt her favourite dress, how she will never go out with Alex again if he ever brings her to such a dump ever again, how Alex must get Gold class seating for the movie or he could just take her home, and on and on and on about anything and everything imaginable to complain about. Heero wondered why Relena was in a public school if he complained about all the normal things. Why didn't her ask to go to a high-class private school. Surely her parents could afford it if she was brought up in wealth and class. But most of all Heero wondered why on earth would she try to stick to him. He was just the average kid in school with an average class family. From all her complaints Heero suspect she would never be associated with him in the first place.
 
However fate has it that she does and Heero is now pitifully hiding behind the pillar at the cinema to hide from her. He wished Duo would hurry up so they could go in to the dark cinema and get away from Relena.
 
 
“Boo….”
 
Heero nearly jump out of his skin when Duo creep up on him. He knocked into Duo and sent them both to the wall with Duo taking the punch since he was cushion on Duo's body.
 
“Jesus, Duo don't startle me like that. You nearly scare the living daylights out of me. Look what you made me do.” Heero look at Duo's hands where he was holding a spilt cup of soda and a bag of popcorns.
 
 
“I called you a few times. You were so distracted that I thought it be funny to do that. Come on let's go in now and find our sits. The movie's about to start.” Duo leads them to the guy collecting the ticket by the cinema door.
 
Duo and Hero settle on to their seats as the screen starts to show the movie previews and advertisements. Settling the cup of soda in the cup holder between them Duo offered Heero some popcorn he just bought.
 
“Here Hee-chan, try some. Its really good.”
 
“I'm still a bit full from dinner. I have some in a while but thanks for offering.”
 
A familiar whining voice drift from the entrance and Heero trun to see who was making the racket while hoping that it was not who he thinks it is. But surely as if fate is playing a cruel joke on Heero, Relena and Alex showed up from behind the pathway from the entrance.
 
/Shit. She must be stalking me or something. It can't be coincidence that we are going to two same places but then again the town isn't that big. God must be playing a cruel joke on him tonight to even bee in the same cinema for the same movie./ Heero mentally groan as he caught sight of the pink princess with her date of the night again.
 
Heero tried to burry his face on Duo's shoulder as the couple passed by their row. Even though Duo got them centre seats with the dim lighting in the cinema there was still a possibility that Relena could see them if she turn to look. He didn't want her to ruin their date but from the looks of it, the mood was already killed. Heero sigh as he contemplates his first date with Duo. He had been trying to hide and sort of bring a damper on the mood whenever Duo was trying to converse with him. He just wish for some peaceful time with Duo for the remaining of the date.
 
The movie was hilarious and Heero lost all thought of Relena as he truly enjoy the movie with Duo laughing loudly beside him along with the rest of the audience. At the end of the show Heero linger longer with Duo to allow the other audience to push their way out. While catching some more time with Duo, Heero hoped to avoid Relena on their way out. Heero and Duo finally got off their seats when the credits finish rolling on the screen.
 
“It's still early or do you have Cinderella curfew?” Duo asked as they walk out t the parking lot.
 
“I not a girl Duo. My mum don't have to worry about me like that and I can take care of myself. Thank you very much.”
 
“Hey chill man, just asking cos I thought we can go for a drink before we cap off tonight.”
 
“Oh..”
 
“Come on Heero, I know bumping into Relena twice tonight has been distracting you.”
 
“I'm sorry Duo. I just didn't want her to ruin our date but I guess, I did that for her instead.”
 
“Come on, I'll send you home.”
 
++++++++++
 
“Thank for tonight Duo. It could have been better but…”
 
“Nah, don't sweat it `Ro. You just have to make it up to me on our next date.”
 
“Uhm… Do you want to come in for coffee?”
 
Duo looked at Heero as if struggling with himself and Heero could see that there was a faint blush on his cheek. Duo suddenly swoop down and peck a good night kiss on Heero's cheek then dash away back to his jeep. Heero was stunned at the suddenness stood there in shock as he bought his hand up to where Duo kissed him. Heero could feel his face growing hot. Heero close the door still too stunned at what had just happened. Duo kissed him.
 
TBC…
A/N: This didn't really turn out the way I expect. I think I'm going to revise this. But in the mean time tell me what you think of this chapter. Is it ok or should I rewrite it. I was rushing to finish and post this so its not beta-ed. I'm going back to work tomorrow. T-T
 
Just a last word to all
Merry Christmas